University of Northern Colorado Employee Reviews

Unco
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 16, 2017
Just graduated and I am going to miss this campus and everyone here immensely. It's a smaller campus with smaller classrooms, which gives students better one on one with the professors. Great resources and community. I'll miss UNC! Once a bear always a bear!
Warehouse Driver
Warehouse Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 6, 2017
Very easy job. You deliver mail, and you drive a truck around. It is very relaxed and management is very fair. Fast paced, but not stressful. You will often leave early.
Very fun environment
UNC phonathon caller (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 5, 2017
Exciting work environment with great co workers and a well balanced work schedule. The schedule allowed for a positive work life balance as well as time to focus on school.
Adjunct instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 22, 2017
As an adjunct I have no job security, however the people I work with are great, and I enjoy the environment, the students and overall atmosphere. I only wish I could teach here full time
Once a month pay is hard
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2017
Variety of departments and directors can change how this job is perceived. Working for the state is challenging and the students are great. Some of the managers are hard to work with but some are awesome.
Fun workplace, office staff are great to work with.
University Center Information Desk, Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 18, 2017
The job itself can be very boring, but the people around (during normal business hours) are great! Very easy work. There are often events in the building, and you mostly just answer questions and give directions. You can get a lot of homework done (student employment).
Job duties
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 27, 2017
Overall I think it is a good place, but I think the teaching duties are way too much when you know you are a student as well and doing research at the same time.
The stipend is low as well.
No job security
Friendly but Challenging
ASAP Advocate/ Student (Former Employee) –  9th AveMarch 15, 2017
Having a full workload was challenging but fun because of all of the teachers and wonderful staff.The people who you work with are always so supportive and understanding.
Poorly Run
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 24, 2017
UNC is not able to compete with Universities due to old programming systems & limited vision. They do however do a wonderful job of promoting from within
Helpful and fun to work at
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 20, 2017
I spent alot of time catering and working the computer lab. they were both really great experiences and i am very happy to have gotten these positions.
not with the headache
DS3 Lead cook (Current Employee) –  Greeley, Co TK dinning hallJanuary 20, 2017
Creating any positive form of teamwork is impossible to due to the inability to make any sort of change. Consistently understaffed and under paid. Performing above and beyond your duties accomplishes little but a larger work load for yourself. Subordinates have more power and rights than management. Eliminating a poor employee requires extensive documentation of their inability and contempt to preform their job.( an individual could miss upwards of two weeks without notification before management could even begin the process of terminating them.) Not worth the headaches.
Pros
free lunch, affordable Health care, free tuition for dependants
Cons
Poor pay, long hours, no teamwork
Review Of the University of Northern Colorado
Supervisor, Student Manager,Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 12, 2017
Every day I would open and close the food court. I would make sure that all employees would follow healthy and safe working procedures. I would as well make sure that all schedules would work with the classes that each employee had.
fast paced and enjoyable work environment
Prep Lead (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 30, 2016
Nice place to work friendly people and management. Great benefits not the best pay but the benefits are close to worth it. Convenient location by the bus stop.
Low income
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 28, 2016
This job was not nearly enough compensation to live on or even survive with. I was often feeling taken advantage of as an employee based on my student status.
Amazing and supportive work enviornment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 23, 2016
I've grown so much from working here and wish that I didn't have to leave. However, my family is moving out of state and so will I. I've learned a lot and got to meet a lot of people from different walks of life. Everyday was different nothing was ever dull.
College working
Student Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 19, 2016
Not exactly a career field, but Dining Services and Parking Enforcement both provided good sources of income for starving college students.
Pros
Fun Co-workers, decent pay, flexible hours
Valuable work experience and learned useful skills.
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2016
This job hand many benefits and I enjoyed working with the people. A typical day would last about ten hours and I would work with a variety of recipes and food products. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skills that helped me be more efficient in the kitchen.
University of Northern Colorado
Christian Challenge Staff Intern (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 25, 2016
UNC was a wonderful school to pursue my degree with. Professional professors who had my best interest in mind helped get me to where I am today.
Good Place to work
Accounting Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 11, 2016
People are good, just not a lot of chance for advancement. Like to work here as the benefits for having children go to school free.
Fun work environment
Dinning Hall Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 8, 2016
Here you would get to do something different every day. This job was working with and for individuals around your same age.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Northern Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3