University of Northern Colorado Employee Reviews in United States

College working
Student Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 19, 2016
Not exactly a career field, but Dining Services and Parking Enforcement both provided good sources of income for starving college students.
Pros
Fun Co-workers, decent pay, flexible hours
Valuable work experience and learned useful skills.
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 11, 2016
This job hand many benefits and I enjoyed working with the people. A typical day would last about ten hours and I would work with a variety of recipes and food products. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skills that helped me be more efficient in the kitchen.
University of Northern Colorado
Christian Challenge Staff Intern (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 25, 2016
UNC was a wonderful school to pursue my degree with. Professional professors who had my best interest in mind helped get me to where I am today.
Good Place to work
Accounting Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 11, 2016
People are good, just not a lot of chance for advancement. Like to work here as the benefits for having children go to school free.
Fun work environment
Dinning Hall Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 8, 2016
Here you would get to do something different every day. This job was working with and for individuals around your same age.
Work study in Human Resources
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 3, 2015
This was a work study opportunity and was a good job until I got established as a resident in Greeley and was able to find another job while attending school. The office team is great and was conducive to learning office skills.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low pay
Nothing out of the ordinary
Adjunct English Faculty (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 30, 2015
It's a pretty typical university environment. I found the office staff supportive and the management aloof. The student body are diverse in that some are highly motivated and some are not. That being said, I find a higher number of students who try to excel than students who do not care.
Great working enviornment
Mailroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 16, 2015
The campus community is more of a family atmosphere. Very enjoyable. The students that work on campus along side the staff offer a fun environment.
University of Northern Colorado
Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 30, 2015
UNC is a very innovative university that focuses on student learning. The people who work here really care about the students and care about giving individual guidance.
Excellent
Professor of Public Health (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 9, 2015
UNC is a great school to work for. The people were nice and the classroom sizes for Public Health were small. Wasn't there long enough to evaluate compensation or job security.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
School located one hour from home
Great place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 17, 2015
I loved working here it was extremely fun and a great place to work. If I could I'd work there all over again. I liked how friendly everyone was and how much at home I felt.
Great Opportunity
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley ColoradoJune 1, 2015
I loved being a TA. The pay was fair, but the opportunity was amazing. I had my own classes, instead of many TA positions where a professor on the name and a TA does most of the work.
Pros
Own classes, fair pay
Cons
post grad school opportunities not really there
A great introduction to becoming a dietitian
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee) –  Greater Denver AreaJune 1, 2015
As an intern, I rotated between several different facilities to get a well-rounded knowledge base of the profession. Rotations include: community, school foodservice, hospital foodservice, clinical dietetics, and nutrition education. I was responsible for not only covering for a dietitian, but also responsible for projects outside of the 40-hour work week. Management was minimal, as this is a distance internship. Therefore, I managed my own internship, set up my rotations, organized the paperwork etc. The hardest part about being an intern is learning a new job every 6-8 weeks as you change rotations. This, however, has become an advantage for me as I am comfortable in new settings and learn quickly. The most enjoyable part of the program has been learning the different facets of dietetics and how broad the range of opportunity is for dietitians.
Pros
Good environment, excellent learning opportunities
Cons
Unpaid, not much supervision or direction.
Undergraduate research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 23, 2015
Working for/with the physics department was great. Although there was limited funding for projects, the grants we did have was spent on a collaboration project for multiple research subjects.
Pros
Great faculty
Cons
Limited fudning
Enjoyable workplace that was very welcoming
Reisher Family Scholarship Peer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 10, 2015
I worked at UNC Financial Aid Office as the Student Advocate for Reisher Family Scholarship. From the very first day, I was welcomed with open arms. Unlike many office based work areas, the Financial had little to no gossip circulating and people were very comfortable talking to each other. I would love to have worked here longer, but I am finishing my degree in the summer, so I will no longer be able to work there.
Pros
Great coworkers, positive atmosphere
Productive and fun Workplace
Lot Officer / Office Aid (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CoApril 16, 2015
Most days are the same, but with a few curve balls to keep you on your feet. Fun people to work with on the day to day. Helping people with citations and understanding the rules of the campus lots is the first priority.
school
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 13, 2015
School was definitely an excellent opportunity for me to advance mentally and as an overall individual. The school culture was great. I enjoyed the fact that students and faculty had close ties to each other. My professors were understanding.
Great work enviroment
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 2, 2015
Great work environment, great co-workers. Learned supervisory roles, accounts receivable, facility operations, event management.
Amazing place to work
Office Assistant at the Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 21, 2015
Work was so incredible from the people and management to the type of skills we gained. There was no hard part because I had an amazing team behind me that would help every time I made a mistake and made sure I knew that even the bosses make mistakes. My most enjoyable part was everything. Everybody was so helpful and optimistic all the time and it was so nice to be around.
Pros
great bosses, understanding, enjoyable work place
Cons
nothing
best job ever
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 13, 2015
working with the supervisors and the staff at Native American Student Services ( NASS) was the most empowering job that I had. even though I was there for a very short time due to me graduating early the environment was very welcoming.

4.5