University of Northern Iowa

University of Northern Iowa Employer Reviews

Great environment
Aquatics Instructor (Former Employee), IAJune 29, 2014
I have had an excellent experience working in a productive environment with diversity individuals.
Student position
Student Employee (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJune 2, 2014
Wages are decent for student employment without work study.
A great place to work
Supervising Photography Lab Technician (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAMay 7, 2014
Pros: supportive
Cons: pay
The Art faculty are generous and caring. It was a VERY supportive work environment.
Fun workplace that is focused on getting dishes ready for those who need them
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAApril 16, 2014
Pros: made friends
I learned a lot as a Dishwasher. I gained so much experience in the field of Food Service. I also learned the basics of how restaurants work. My managers and co workers were focused on the job, but they made each shift fun. I made a couple good friends from this job and will keep in touch with them. Washing dishes is a pretty repetitive and mundane – more... job, but it was a necessary part of the university's operation. – less
Provide great education
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar fallsFebruary 18, 2014
Fun and flexible as long as you are getting the job done. Supervisors are supportive of research. Everyone wants you to advance.
Great small....
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAAugust 20, 2013
Great smaller school for more intimate lectures.I really enjoyed the professors and my fellow classmates at UNI. There are always groups and events to get involved in. The campus feels more like a community than a college.
Work alone job with great bosses
Custodian (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAAugust 12, 2013
great bosses that keep you motivated to do your work everday
Student supervisor
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Maucker UnionAugust 12, 2013
Worked in Maucker Union food court supervising other student employees. Also did office work making schedules and doing weekly inventory/supply orders.
1-Person Intercollegiate Athletics Compliance Department
Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJune 24, 2013
I've truly enjoyed my time at the University of Northern Iowa. It has provided tremendous insight to what I need to be "successful" both professional and personally.
Challenging teaching environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAApril 14, 2013
On an average day, I would tutor 5-15 college age adults in mathematics for several hours, in an individual setting. I learned how to restructure ideas in a way that would facilitate comprehension by those I tutored, and allow for retention of the information. My co-workers were fellow graduate students in the mathematics department. The hardest part – more... of the job was learning to re-frame concepts in such a way that it would make sense to the person trying to learn those ideas. The most enjoyable part was being able to see someone learn something new on a daily basis. – less
Relaxing Work Environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IowaFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: work directly with the department head and the dean of college
Cons: it was a temporary position.
I typical day at work was assist the office secretary with answering phones, following up inquiries, maintaining files, assisting students, and assisting the Professors in College of Business. I worked closely with the Department Head on some additional research projects. This job was an awesome job to maintain while working on my Bachelors degree.
Fun place to work
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: co-workers, watch sports
Cons: pay
A typical day involves creating schedules for teams and officials. Conducting training. Supervising officials.
Assistant Instructor
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IANovember 9, 2012
Pros: good faculty, good students
A great experience - got to spend the day working in an environment with students and co-workers who were eager to learn.
productive and fun place to work for.
custodian (Former Employee), Cedar Falls Ia.February 19, 2012
Pros: room to grow.
Cons: didnt like working nights.
The university of Ia. was one of my best jobs that i have had, everything about it was great room to grow good pay,benefits,lots of overtime and a very fair and careing place to work for,they really take care of their employes.
Part time job
Computer Technichan (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IANovember 15, 2011
I enjoyed the part when I used to deal with customers directly. It gave more insight about who customer should be treated.