University of Northern Iowa Employee Reviews

Market Research
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJuly 8, 2015
Great work environment with friendly co-workers. Opportunity to provide valuable market research for start-up and established businesses, which is great for giving back to the community.
Great work place
Operations (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IowaJune 13, 2015
Did anything the University needed set up or torn down. I had a great boss that always helped if I had any questions and had great co-workers that worked hard to get our task done.
Excelent Student Employment
Dining Services Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAMay 22, 2015
Flexible schedule
Routine daily work
Secure job
Can be difficult to work with some people
Love the atmosphere
Learned Culinary standards
Great University
Student Speech and Language Clinician (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAApril 28, 2015
UNI has provided me with the skills needed in order to be successful. I feel prepared to enter the work force and pursue my Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
Productive & fun day as a graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAFebruary 11, 2015
Very accomodating, friendly atmosphere. UNI created a wonderful environment to learn and thrive in. Support of faculty to students is an added bonus.
Great place to learn the basics of working in the sports industry.
Sports Information Director (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IADecember 14, 2014
There are many things that I love about working at the University of Northern Iowa. The biggest thing is I love the people who work there. They are all very positive and influential people, who genuinly care about your learning and improving on thejob.
Productive and fun workplace
adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IowaOctober 26, 2014
Productive and fun workplace. My co-workers are very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am in the class dealing with students on different academic issues so I got really good experience.
Great club with hard working friends
Teaching Assistant - Research Methods (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: stay in shape, have a great time
Cons: time consuming, not a school sponsored club
A typical day at rugby practice would be from 4pm-6pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and we have a game every Saturday. The people in this club are fun to be around and also hard-working. The hardest part of this club is the time commitment I have to make and the amount of work I put towards it. The most enjoyable part of this club is the people I play rugby with and the great feeling of winning a rugby game.
Its a university
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Nothing really to rate about this. It was a pretty much solo project that I worked on, so no cons or positives.
Great environment
Aquatics Instructor (Former Employee), IAJune 29, 2014
I have had an excellent experience working in a productive environment with diversity individuals.
Student position
Student Employee (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJune 2, 2014
Wages are decent for student employment without work study.
A great place to work
Supervising Photography Lab Technician (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAMay 7, 2014
Pros: supportive
Cons: pay
The Art faculty are generous and caring. It was a VERY supportive work environment.
Fun workplace that is focused on getting dishes ready for those who need them
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAApril 16, 2014
Pros: made friends
I learned a lot as a Dishwasher. I gained so much experience in the field of Food Service. I also learned the basics of how restaurants work. My managers and co workers were focused on the job, but they made each shift fun. I made a couple good friends from this job and will keep in touch with them. Washing dishes is a pretty repetitive and mundane job, but it was a necessary part of the university's operation.
Provide great education
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar fallsFebruary 18, 2014
Fun and flexible as long as you are getting the job done. Supervisors are supportive of research. Everyone wants you to advance.
Great people to work with
Procurement Card & Travel System Coordinator (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great vacation and sick leave benefits
I have enjoyed conducting campus-wide focus groups. This has enabled me to meet many people across campus and I have learned a lot throughout the process. I have also enjoyed partnering with other Universities across the state of Iowa. I enjoy meeting new people and learning as much as I can from their experiences.
Great small....
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAAugust 20, 2013
Great smaller school for more intimate lectures.I really enjoyed the professors and my fellow classmates at UNI. There are always groups and events to get involved in. The campus feels more like a community than a college.
Work alone job with great bosses
Custodian (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAAugust 12, 2013
great bosses that keep you motivated to do your work everday
Student supervisor
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Maucker UnionAugust 12, 2013
Worked in Maucker Union food court supervising other student employees. Also did office work making schedules and doing weekly inventory/supply orders.
Challenging teaching environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAApril 14, 2013
On an average day, I would tutor 5-15 college age adults in mathematics for several hours, in an individual setting. I learned how to restructure ideas in a way that would facilitate comprehension by those I tutored, and allow for retention of the information. My co-workers were fellow graduate students in the mathematics department. The hardest part of the job was learning to re-frame concepts in such a way that it would make sense to the person trying to learn those ideas. The most enjoyable part was being able to see someone learn something new on a daily basis.
Relaxing Work Environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IowaFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: work directly with the department head and the dean of college
Cons: it was a temporary position.
I typical day at work was assist the office secretary with answering phones, following up inquiries, maintaining files, assisting students, and assisting the Professors in College of Business. I worked closely with the Department Head on some additional research projects. This job was an awesome job to maintain while working on my Bachelors degree.