University of Northern Iowa

University of Northern Iowa Employer Reviews

Great place to learn the basics of working in the sports industry.
Sports Information Director (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IADecember 14, 2014
There are many things that I love about working at the University of Northern Iowa. The biggest thing is I love the people who work there. They are all very positive and influential people, who genuinly care about your learning and improving on thejob.
Productive and fun workplace
adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IowaOctober 26, 2014
Productive and fun workplace. My co-workers are very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am in the class dealing with students on different academic issues so I got really good experience.
Great club with hard working friends
Teaching Assistant - Research Methods (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: stay in shape, have a great time
Cons: time consuming, not a school sponsored club
A typical day at rugby practice would be from 4pm-6pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and we have a game every Saturday. The people in this club are fun to be around and also hard-working. The hardest part of this club is the time commitment I have to make and the amount of work I put towards it. The most enjoyable part of this club is the people – more... I play rugby with and the great feeling of winning a rugby game. – less
Its a university
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Nothing really to rate about this. It was a pretty much solo project that I worked on, so no cons or positives.
Great environment
Aquatics Instructor (Former Employee), IAJune 29, 2014
I have had an excellent experience working in a productive environment with diversity individuals.
Student position
Student Employee (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJune 2, 2014
Wages are decent for student employment without work study.
A great place to work
Supervising Photography Lab Technician (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAMay 7, 2014
Pros: supportive
Cons: pay
The Art faculty are generous and caring. It was a VERY supportive work environment.
Fun workplace that is focused on getting dishes ready for those who need them
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAApril 16, 2014
Pros: made friends
I learned a lot as a Dishwasher. I gained so much experience in the field of Food Service. I also learned the basics of how restaurants work. My managers and co workers were focused on the job, but they made each shift fun. I made a couple good friends from this job and will keep in touch with them. Washing dishes is a pretty repetitive and mundane – more... job, but it was a necessary part of the university's operation. – less
Provide great education
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar fallsFebruary 18, 2014
Fun and flexible as long as you are getting the job done. Supervisors are supportive of research. Everyone wants you to advance.
Great people to work with
Procurement Card & Travel System Coordinator (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great vacation and sick leave benefits
I have enjoyed conducting campus-wide focus groups. This has enabled me to meet many people across campus and I have learned a lot throughout the process. I have also enjoyed partnering with other Universities across the state of Iowa. I enjoy meeting new people and learning as much as I can from their experiences.
Work alone job with great bosses
Custodian (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAAugust 12, 2013
great bosses that keep you motivated to do your work everday
Student supervisor
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Maucker UnionAugust 12, 2013
Worked in Maucker Union food court supervising other student employees. Also did office work making schedules and doing weekly inventory/supply orders.
1-Person Intercollegiate Athletics Compliance Department
Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJune 24, 2013
I've truly enjoyed my time at the University of Northern Iowa. It has provided tremendous insight to what I need to be "successful" both professional and personally.
Challenging teaching environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAApril 14, 2013
On an average day, I would tutor 5-15 college age adults in mathematics for several hours, in an individual setting. I learned how to restructure ideas in a way that would facilitate comprehension by those I tutored, and allow for retention of the information. My co-workers were fellow graduate students in the mathematics department. The hardest part – more... of the job was learning to re-frame concepts in such a way that it would make sense to the person trying to learn those ideas. The most enjoyable part was being able to see someone learn something new on a daily basis. – less
Relaxing Work Environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IowaFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: work directly with the department head and the dean of college
Cons: it was a temporary position.
I typical day at work was assist the office secretary with answering phones, following up inquiries, maintaining files, assisting students, and assisting the Professors in College of Business. I worked closely with the Department Head on some additional research projects. This job was an awesome job to maintain while working on my Bachelors degree.
Fun place to work
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: co-workers, watch sports
Cons: pay
A typical day involves creating schedules for teams and officials. Conducting training. Supervising officials.
Assistant Instructor
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IANovember 9, 2012
Pros: good faculty, good students
A great experience - got to spend the day working in an environment with students and co-workers who were eager to learn.
productive and fun place to work for.
custodian (Former Employee), Cedar Falls Ia.February 19, 2012
Pros: room to grow.
Cons: didnt like working nights.
The university of Ia. was one of my best jobs that i have had, everything about it was great room to grow good pay,benefits,lots of overtime and a very fair and careing place to work for,they really take care of their employes.
Part time job
Computer Technichan (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IANovember 15, 2011
I enjoyed the part when I used to deal with customers directly. It gave more insight about who customer should be treated.