University of Notre Dame

University of Notre Dame Employer Reviews

All smoke and mirrors
Maintenance (Current Employee), Notre Dame, INOctober 14, 2014
Cons: everything
no "ND family" like they say unless your apart of the alumni maybe. Image is everything to them. Pay sucks, Health insurance keeps going up. no discounts on football tix no more. Place isnt what it used to be under Hesburgh. Its a corporation now. Dont believe the hype. All smoke and mirrors
The GEM Program was an excellent program.
Manager, Administrative Services (Former Employee), Notre Dame, INSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: job independence, working with various fortune 500 companies.
Cons: after my boss retired, there was too much turnover.
This program was excellent in provide advanced education and work experience for minorities in science and engineering.

In my position, I worked with all universities and employers in providing the funding and internships for the students in our program, which included annual billing, arranging payments to school, and working with all companies in – more... the consortium to arrange internships.

We also had several large meetings (held at various locations around the country) which involved contract negotiations, travel arrangements for the staff involved, coordinating the meetings and meeting results.

Really enjoyed working closely with the director of the program. He and I developed a style which permitted him to do what he needed to do without ever worrying about the office.

Unfortunately, the program was moved to the University of Texas. – less
My work experience at the University of Notre Dame Laundry
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Notre Dame, INSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: working with all varsity sport departments, delivering and picking up hotel linens from morris inn and double tree
Cons: demanding, long hours
My typical day was early morning 2am fast pace, using keys, codes for entrance to stadiums, picking up all athletics departments, by deactivating and activating, security systems. Pickup thirty to fifty baskets of laundry from practice and game gear and uniforms daily. Deliver back to Laundry plant for processing. I would weight and record each basket – more... and process by washing and drying. Also, hanging and separating uniforms for each department. Certain athletics departments has a time to be deliver back. Football has to be back no later than 5am.This is the first pickup and others has demands to be back by 530am, 6am, 7am. While other athletic departments are in the washer and dryer, I would go to Doubletree Hotel downtown South Bend, In to pickup the Hotel dirty linens such as towel, sheets, duvets, and sometimes rugs, if I do not have clean linens to deliver. Back to plant roll to location area in plant for co-workers to process a 7am. Deliver some of required athletic deliveries. I have to be at the Catering Dining Hall before other food service trucks are at the back dock. So before 6am, the required athletic departments are delivered, I then go to catering to pickup or deliver table linens such as 90X90 rounds etc., uniforms. After all athletics are delivered, I have other departments on campus to pickup and delivery. What I learned about this job you must be focus, obey the driving and safety laws of the university. You must be dependable, alert, quick decision making, must be able to work and communicate with management and co-workers and respect every customers because you are not only representing the department you are representing the University of Notre Dame. The hardest part of the job would be athletics and overtime. Overtime is continuously every weekend, even twice on weekend. My Twenty-one years of service at the University has been most enjoyable from my job duties to meeting people from all types of cultures, community and the excellence as an employee of the University. – less
TA for FORTRAN
Teaching Assistant for Intro to Fortran (Former Employee), Notre Dame, INSeptember 22, 2014
This is not actually a job that people can apply for.

I helped people understand how to program in Fortran.
Good for student worker
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), South Bend, INSeptember 15, 2014
The pay is pretty good and the professor cares about your workload.
Overall great place to work
Administrative Assistant Temporary Pool (Former Employee), .August 31, 2014
Pros: beautiful campus, places to eat conveniently located on campus, human resource personnel do their best to "police" administrators whose behavior is out-of-line.
Cons: the parking lots are being replaced with buildings., newly built parking lots are now 15-30 minute walks to the buildings.
I met and worked with some really beautiful human beings on this campus. The university as a whole tries to educate and encourage their employees to develop and expand their talents professionally
Great college
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Notre Dame, INAugust 14, 2014
Working at as a research assistant there was a great experience
Wonderful place with world-class people
Associate Editor, Notre Dame Magazine (Former Employee), Notre Dame, INAugust 6, 2014
Pros: quality people and facilities, values-driven mission, excellent pay releative to cost of living
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement, mostly because few people leave
I worked for Notre Dame twice for a combined 13+ years. I would happily do a third stint. I've also worked for several other colleges and universities and Notre Dame has been my favorite by far.
Notre Dame
Front of House Service Associate (Former Employee), Notre Dame, INJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches and awesome pay
Cons: n/a
Great working environment; very diverse students. Made sure that students were getting the best food we could offer. Learned about gluten free foods.
Productive and Positive Work Environment
University of Notre Dame Sports Medicine Intern (Former Employee), Notre Dame, INJuly 2, 2014
Great place to work, athletes and coaches are respectful and helpful in any kind of injury or rehabilitative situation. Fellow athletic trainers are helpful in work situations and covering shifts if necessary.
Institution with a rich, unique environment that invests heavily in both research and teaching.
Graduate Research Associate (Former Employee), Notre Dame, INJune 24, 2014
The University of Notre Dame sets itself apart with great pride in providing excellent education, amazing resources, and noteworthy research. The campus is absolutely gorgeous, and the level of both education and comradery is markedly high. The research labs are competitive in their fields and the mentors of these labs are esteemed personally and professionally. – more... In addition, the professors are also heavily invested in teaching, making for a very well-rounded institution. – less
nice place, but not people are not so nice
Research Assosciate Professor (Current Employee), Notre Dame, INJune 5, 2014
Pros: recreational facilities
Cons: healthcare, research support stuff.
my co-workers were a bit aloof, and bosses had a custom to terminate contracts without advanced notices and explanation of the reasons.
not a bad place to work
Manager (Former Employee), general servicesJune 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: to many chiefs
i have nothing to say i was there 28 yrs as a worker for 5 yrs and a manager for 23 yrs i had at times 20-25 workers working for me
Hard Work Doesn't Pay
Events Coordinator (Current Employee), Notre Dame, INMay 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, 5-8 paid days off at christmas
Cons: promotions
The benefits here are pretty good. Promotions are hard to get.
Productive and Great Travel
Research Assistant (Former Employee), South Bend, INApril 23, 2014
During my ten week program, I was able to travel to Arizona to collect spectrum. I had learned a lot about astrophysics.
MBA student
Internal Consultant (Former Employee), IndianaApril 15, 2014
Pros: good learning experience
Cons: part time work while an mba student
Worked as an internal consultant while an MBA student at Notre Dame.
Peaceful surroudings
Research assistant (Current Employee), Aerospace and mechanical engineeringMarch 31, 2014
I have learnt a lot from my advisor and also other professors when cooperating with them together.
Fantastic flexibility and communication
Research assistant (Current Employee), South Bend, INMarch 29, 2014
My position does not fit the typical project specification, yet I am treated as an integral part of the research team. Self management as well as project management is balanced well.
Cannot be matched
Procurement Systems Coordinator (Current Employee), Notre Dame, INMarch 7, 2014
Pros: campus is beautiful and very friendly.
Cons: parking is a huge problem.
Every day that I drive into work, I am inspired by the golden glow from Mary atop the main building reflecting the sunny day. I realize that each day is a blessing.
great
Director of Player Development and Engagement (Former Employee), Notre Dame IndianaMarch 6, 2014
I enjoyed the experience. It was great, awesome, I loved every part of it.

1 2 3

About University of Notre Dame

The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by a priest of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic – Read more

University of Notre Dame Photos