University of Notre Dame Employee Reviews

"Overworked and Underpaid"
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 15, 2017
The title says it all. Notre Dame has a great "community" and I was surrounded by great people. But in growing / advancing / "progressing" etc, it's no more than another corporation.

Long hours, low pay, ...

Still, great colleagues, great students, and a great atmosphere!
Culture of Arrogance
Tax (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INNovember 15, 2017
Title Says It All.

The university is a very much Staff vs. Faculty mentality. Many of the tenured professors who are "older" are viewed as superior and look down upon the non-PhD employees.

A culture of arrogance is tolerated where anything goes and a sense of entitlement is tolerated once a degree is obtained. I have a degree and I find this culture appalling because it is deterring new hires.
Great university with great culture, amazing to study and work here
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INNovember 15, 2017
Everyone was friendly and willing to offer help. Its location is not great, but the culture helps you being productive. It's nice to be a graduate student here and most PIs are awesome.
Place was a ok job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 10, 2017
Manager was not a good manager .some employee was always starting drama with other employees .manager never did anything .over all the place was wonderful to work at if different people knew how to work as a team
Productive and fun
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INNovember 9, 2017
Great learning environment - highly collaborative and cooperative. Staffs are very helpful.

work might involve weekends, depending on the ongoing projects. However, there are always fellow colleagues to help out!
University of Notre Dame Graduate Researcher and Teaching Assistant
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 8, 2017
The University of Notre Dame offers unique research opportunities, intelligent and ethical undergraduate students to instruct, and an appropriate stipend.
Liked ND, but Center had major leadership problems
Histology Core Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INOctober 31, 2017
Notre Dame overall was an excellent place to work. Outstanding benefits. The Center I worked for was not open and sharing with science and resourses. Multi million dollar equipment sat dusty and idle rather than share those resources with other scientists on campus.
Pros
Overall ND campus experience, outstanding benefits
Cons
Center not open to sharing science and resources with others on campus
I love the University and all its students, and just to be a part.
Currently Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INOctober 17, 2017
I was a temporary employ. I felt very good about working around

others. I learned what the other employees that came before me.

Just being a team..
Good place to wok
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 30, 2017
Good employer depending on where you are working. North Dining Hall has issues with the management. Not enough workers to handle the work load of students.
Amazing place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INSeptember 25, 2017
Only worked as a research assistant here, but the job culture is very friendly and caring. I understand that there is also room for career advancement.
Fast-paced and fulfilling
Assistant Rector - Welsh Family Hall (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INSeptember 19, 2017
Great experience working on a team and mentoring younger students. Must be a grad student to work in this position. You will live with the students and help with various aspects of community life.
Nice place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 30, 2017
Great place to work. Foodservice department had to many Chef's.Managers were not treated equally. I enjoyed working for the University. Miss the students that were the biggest part of our business.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
hours worked
Cool prn job
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 3, 2017
Good co-workers, great students and faculty. Great work environment. They pay fairly well for the level of skill required, and you have access Note Dame which is a big plus.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Lack of hours
Great job opportunities and promotional moves
Manager/Exempt (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INAugust 1, 2017
The University of Notre Dame is a higher educational institution that offers great training for their staff to promote proficiency in their hired position and for advancement. They offer great benefits.
Good Community
The Huddle Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJuly 20, 2017
It was a great community to work with, however in the past couple years it's turned into a numbers game. With management constantly getting backlash for everything. They have become quick to yell and blame others for any mistakes including miscommunication. The current system needs more work, more communication when the same unit managers can't even convey plans to each other.
Pros
free lunch, and events on campus. Great co-workers
Cons
Managers are constantly under pressure and throw workers under the bus to make themselfs look good, There's also way too many managers that don't communicate with each other.
Mentally stimulating and competetive environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 3, 2017
My job as a lab assistant required that I learn programming languages such as Labview and Fortran. It also required that I would be able to work experimental equipment on a regular basis, take data, and report the results
Supportive staff
Capstone Project Researcher (Former Employee) –  University of Notre DameJune 21, 2017
Everyone was friendly and willing to help when needed. Projects were interesting and I was given independence when completing each task. I was not micro-managed.
the people are great
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 21, 2017
I learned so much my time there. There was always encouragement for development. It is hard to get a full time position but the benefits are worth it.
in the middle of nowhere
Visiting Research Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 19, 2017
in the middle of nowhere. there is good research but the location is not attractive. the school looks like a gigantic church. too small town. close to Chicago.
Good graduate school to attend
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 17, 2017
Research is good. Great reputation nationwide.To be a graduate student in NOtre Dame is in general a good experience. Some of the PIs are hush and most are not.