University of Oklahoma Employee Reviews

Working as a Student Information Technology Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 18, 2017
My usual day at work was mostly 5 hours shift. It was enjoyable and very enriching. I had to make schedules for other employees. Furthermore, I had to advertise some Applications to the student body usually through workshops,tabling sessions and social events. I mostly acted as a liaison between the student body and the IT staff in relying of information. In addition, I had to constantly interact with other students. It was very fun because I got to make a lot of connections with other people. The work place was very relaxing and its was self- initiative oriented.
Pros
Free launches, self-initiated
Cons
not enough hours
Wonderful if you are a student here.
Business Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKMay 18, 2017
I had the pleasure of working side by side with my professors. If I needed help on homework, I got it. Close to my home and I could work on homework if need be.
Pros
On campus, computer lab, friendly atmosphere, and knowledge everywhere
Cons
Seasonal
Great Place to work
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 17, 2017
OU is a good place to work. The benefits are very good, and the flexibility in the work schedule are the best parts. All of my supervisors are willing to work with me and be flexible with my schedule.
A Low Key Work Place
Student Security Guard (Former Employee) –  LibraryMay 14, 2017
A typical work day required patrolling the premises at intervals of 30 minutes in order to make sure that the facility was safe and secure, as well as locking up each night at close.
Academic Job
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 8, 2017
Excellent place to work at with great administration.
Assisting the professors is fairly a easy responsibility and work load depends on the particular professor
It is a great place to work .
Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Facilities ManagementMay 7, 2017
The Unversity of Oklahoma is a politic place to work for if you rub elbows with the right people you will get know where . I also have learned if you don't have the right education they will criticize you for they way you speak.
Pros
Holiday off
Cons
On call 24 hr a day also you shifts get changed all the time
Ouhsc
Project Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 5, 2017
Great environment to work in nd very welcoming coworkers.40 hours a week is required. They set up a great paid time off, and management is fantastic. It is competitive in the sense of completing surveys. the most difficult thing of the workday is making sure to hit your goal.
University of Oklahoma
Shipping Clerk II (Current Employee) –  cate centerMay 3, 2017
Overall it was an easy job, good benefits. needed better management in the department I worked in. I had a horrible supervisor and when I told my boss about it they didn't do anything.
Wonderful experience
Private Tutor (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 25, 2017
Working at the University of Oklahoma has helped me tremendously, by giving me the chance to gain more teaching experience. The experience was very valuable.
wonderful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  okla cityApril 25, 2017
A great place to work. The people really care and the environment is encouraging and positive. I have been here about two years. The interview process takes a long time so be prepared!
Library Assistant I
Library Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 13, 2017
I would check out laptops, headphones to students. I would also help students find books, magazines, newspapers, and journals. I would then also label and sort magazines.
Fun Place to Work
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 10, 2017
A great environment to work and help build your customer service skills. This job is also diverse in duties given to you from checking out books to being IT support for the computer lab.
Pros
Environment, Fun
Cons
A 20 minute break if working under 8 hours
Management is terrible
LAN Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 5, 2017
Don't work at the college of dentistry for IT. The management is terrible and the work environment is very fragile. Not much else to say about the other departments.
Best university
Coach and Counselor (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 4, 2017
The University of Oklahoma is the classiest and most amazing university I've come across. Getting to work with/for them is a dream come true and one of the best opportunities one can come across. The atmosphere is fun and friendly, and the opportunity for growth is never-ending.
It is what you make it
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dept. of SurgeryApril 4, 2017
There are issues with management here. Some managers are great, others far from it. The physicians and residents are very demanding and often look down at all non-MDs. The other staff, though, are fantastic. The other nurses and administration personnel are generally easy to work with. The staff do their jobs without constant oversight and take responsibility for their own actions. It's not a terrible place to work, but not right for me. I need to feel valued by my superiors.
Pros
frequent office pot lucks, great manager, friendly staff
Cons
demanding physicians, rigid hierarchy
Great potential, however goals aren't agreed on.
Creative Intern (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 2, 2017
As a creative there were many restrictions on implementing changes into the office structure and daily routine. There was little communication between the sales and creative team as well.
Pros
Worked well with student schedules
great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 30, 2017
A typical day puts you with innovative creative minds willing to try new things to make a process work better. Management is well polished and always striving to better their unit/university.
Pros
being a part of the univeristy community, lots of discounts in Norman
Cons
healthcare has been better in the past
Fun work environment with Students and the manager really works with your schedule.
Student Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 20, 2017
I have never encountered a problem working at the University of Oklahoma. They treat me with respect and it is a great environment to work at. If you are a student especially, mainly because the manager understands your situation with having a set schedule of classes. The manager works around it and it helps tremendously.
Professional, yet friendly environment to work in.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 18, 2017
Professional, fulfilling job with opportunities for advancement. Helpful staff, willing to assist new employees in learning their positions and performing them to the best of their abilities,
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
I am only able to work part-time
Landscape/Irrigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 13, 2017
Great place to work, never had any issues with management and was always able to run solo without hindrance. Amazing benefits package and all weekends off.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Oklahoma. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3