University of Oklahoma Employee Reviews

Graduate Research Assistants
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 21, 2016
This job is really just about providing some type of financial assistance in the completion of your graduate program. The overall satisfaction of the job will ultimately depend upon your research or teaching supervisor and upon yourself. It really depends on making the best out of your research position by working to develop a quality research paper that could be published and trying to make working connections as you work in the field and attend conferences. Your co-workers are generally swamped with their assistant position, graduate classes, and another part time job to make ends meet.
Pros
Free lunches and other free stuff you have to be on the lookout for
Cons
Pay is not great but it helps with Grad school
Working Environment at the University of Oklahoma
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 13, 2016
I am working in the field of quantum cryptography mainly on quantum key distribution protocol to exchange key between two legitimate users. As you know, Today’s world is experiencing ever-increasing growth in data volume and an intruder or eavesdropper always poses potential threat to this data. Security that is provided by the classical techniques are bounded by the mathematical algorithms and computational power of the computing device. Whereas, quantum cryptography provides security using the law of quantum mechanics and can provide unconditional security on the data.
There are different pioneering and well-defined protocols in the field of quantum key distribution. One of them, is Y-00. In this protocol, I proved and proposed a boundary limit to achieve the desired security level and one of my papers based on this, is going to be published.
University of Oklahoma Libraries
Research Associate and Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 1, 2016
Designing aesthetically pleasing art assets for a Civil War Diaries and Letters transcription website. University of Oklahoma is based in Norman, Oklahoma.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  TraditionsJuly 24, 2016
I have had a good experience working for OU. The pay is good and the people are nice. The day is busy so time goes by quickly.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Short lunch
good place to work.
research assistant II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 21, 2016
good work culture. Flexible hrs. Lunch breaks. campus advancement programms. Good guest lectures, got to learn a lot. Nice work culture. no pressure
Productive and good environment
Staff Assistant/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKJuly 19, 2016
Good environment and friendly co-workers. Good benefits and paid leave. The hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
0minute drive
This position is very involved with the entire campus. It is a very team oriented department.
Managerial Associate I (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK 73071June 20, 2016
Perform all duties as the OCCC Purchasing Card Program Administrator for assigned PCARD program. Process new card applications, train cardholders, evaluate/research requests for limit increases; monitor/report program metrics; Support internal requests for transactional documentation to support audit requirements. Provide backup as required for the other domestic PCARD program administrators. Assist with the maintenance of program procedural documentation, forms, etc. Maintain ongoing communications with new and existing cardholder/approver OCCC community. Conduct purchasing card monthly/quarterly self-audits per procedure. Assist with State audits as required. Document self-audit findings and recommendations and perform follow-up with cardholders and approvers as required. Support all card program projects and initiatives, system upgrades, training and testing as required. Other tasks include, departmental website management, Vendor Management, Part-time Buyer I and Project Manager of the ImageNet Consulting, print management contract.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement not available
Good Work Culture
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 15, 2016
Fun and learning go hand in hand. Disciplined work routine.
Great lab facilities. Well maintained. Students are friendly and helpful too.
Fun and diverse working opportunities.
SWAT Member (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 10, 2016
Allowed me to work on different departments on campus, which added variety to the tasks that I did on a regular basis. Very flexible!
High motivated workplace
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 26, 2016
Great student atmosphere to work for. Job was a great opportunity to start off for a part time position. Daily task were to unload and stock merchandise on the sales floor. While attending to customers needs.
A great workplace for student
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 21, 2016
I have learned a lot about the computer technicals, the networking, trouble shooting, software installation etc.
Maganers are great
Co-workers are great
Great place to work and live
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 14, 2016
I started my professional career here and it taught me about the hard work it takes to succeed. Meet a lot of great people here and I would love to go back one day.
Pros
Championship program
Cons
Not alot of upper movement
Great job for chemical engineering students.
Student Research and Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 13, 2016
I have learned so much working for the department of chemical, biological, and materials engineering in the machine shop. I have learned to spec and install process equipment, troubleshoot processes and equipment, and design solutions for multiple process problems. I really can't say enough about it.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunity, flexible schedule, decent pay
Cons
Some not so glamorous activities like cleaning, chemical pickup, etc
Benefits are great!
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 15, 2016
I was always rewarded for my hard work whether through bonuses or raises. Training was always offered. Management was a bit micro-managing.
Pros
Benefits were great
Cons
Management was demanding
great place to work
Fine Arts Professional II (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 25, 2016
When I worked there, it was a good place to work. It was going through some changes toward the end and is now a completely different job, but the people were great and it was great to work with the students.
Fun Environment
Event Operations Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 8, 2016
Working in Athletics at OU was fun and rewarding. If you are a sports fan and enjoy working in a student environment, it a great place to work!
great team
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Crossroads, OKDecember 10, 2015
I would like to say working with my co-workers and the students. Watching my students grow with education and experience. I have learned many computer training and classes during my time here.
Pros
Benefits, holiday pay, leaves and time off
Cons
parking pass, parking, promotions
Work place with challenges to learn from
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 16, 2015
I love the workplace as it is challenging and lots of opportunities. The coworkers are really friendly and fun to work with
Beware!
eLearning dev (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 5, 2015
The worst place to work. You are treated like children. Job stress high. Morale low. I wish I could say something positive - nothing.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Supervisors are dictators, contract workers treated like dirt.
Productive and lots to learn
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  NormanOctober 21, 2015
I work with a Public transportation website maintenance team of 10. I code in ASP.NET and C# code. I have been learning a lot from the team.

4.4