UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA

UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA Employer Reviews

Great
Camera Equipment Librarian (Former Employee), Norman, OKMay 26, 2014
I checked out camera equipment. It was great being a student and having a job that worked with my class schedule and went with my major.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Norman, OKMay 20, 2014
A typical day is helping incoming freshmen make a successful transition from high school to college.

Best part of the job is seeing your students change and be successful in their classes.
Awesome college experience
Web Developer (Former Employee), Norman, OKApril 30, 2014
Awesome work experience as a fresh college graduate where you can gain real world experience along with academic development.
Good on the Night crew
Custodian I (Former Employee), Norman, OKApril 27, 2014
Pros: got to work on ou campus
Cons: game days
I worked Night crew the whole time I was there. Management never really bothered me, and I was guaranteed 40 hrs. a week. Co workers where awesome even though some of them are kinda aged. All in all the place is not that bad to work for.
Care Manager
Care manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: care mgmt team not a priority, sw mgmt juvenile, all about the brown-nosing, lack incentive to create outstanding department
Ok place to work. Lack resources and incentive to make Care Management Dept. a leading force in care management in Oklahoma despite designation at OU. Some members of management unprofessional and use juvenile behaviors. Learned that it's more about who you know vs. what you know. If you aim to be noticed for everything but how valuable you are to the – more... Care Management team then this job's for you! – less
enjoyed fresh air, co-workers, and exercise
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Norman, OKApril 24, 2014
Pros: pay, co-workers, environment
Cons: non
Working at Parking Services was a pleasure. My co-workers were like family, and completely professional. I enjoyed walking around the university and meeting diverse people. I learned how to utilize a hand held computer that wrote tickets. The hardest part was consumers being agitated about receiving tickets.
A wonderful working environment with people from different walks of life
Research Associate (Former Employee), NormanApril 16, 2014
A typical day involved running tests on received samples. My co-workers were intelligent and hard-working people.
Fun job but hard to move up
Marketing and Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2014
The hardest part has been that it is hard to advance into other positions at the University. I have tried moving up with no such luck as of yet.
Good
Diagnostic Medical Physics Resident (Current Employee), Center, OKApril 2, 2014
I had three years of experience as Graduate Assistant to Radiation Safety Officer (RSO), at Erie County Medical Center (ECMC), Buffalo, NY and will have completed two years of experience as Medical Physics Resident at the University of Oklahoma, Health Science Center (OUHSC) coming July. During the course of my training as a medical physics resident, – more... I have had gained experience in doing QC/QA for radiography, fluoroscopy, computed tomography, mammography, magnetic resonance imaging, SPECT, PET/CT, and radiation safety. This residency position provided me excellent clinical experience to perform duties independently. I very much enjoy performing QA/QC on variety of modalities, and troubleshooting imaging/equipment problems. I was also involved in teaching medical physics graduate students. – less
An intense medical field job environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Norman, OKApril 1, 2014
Pros: health care, paid time off
Hard work. Ok pay. Depends on which clinic you are with. Some are great places to work. Good benefits.
Diverse community with ample opportunity for personal development
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Norman, OKMarch 31, 2014
While regular classes are not always challenging, the Honors College at the University of Oklahoma provides an academically invigorating environment that allows individuals to develop analytical and research skills that can be used in future careers.
Enjoying Academia
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Norman, OKMarch 25, 2014
Graduate work in CoE is difficult. Writing a thesis takes a long time and research in engineering is laborious.
Perfect Student Job.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), OKMarch 7, 2014
Pros: the other team members
Cons: none.
As a research assistant at the University, I had a typical day of going to classes and in between I would go to work. I was in charge of all outreach events and education. I believe I have developed great personal skills through this. I was very fortunate to receive this position as an intern and continue after the requirement was fulfilled for class. – more... The hardest part of the job was managing school and work. This was very difficult since I started the job my Jr. year where the classes became more and more of a work load/out of class experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I have been fortunate enough to work with, and the friends that I have through the company. – less
Great benefits
Mid Level (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2014
Great benefits - compensation not competitive - high stress/pressure
Fun work place with students
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Norman, OKFebruary 19, 2014
Great day every day with students and teaching. Hardest part was traveling long distance to get to work. Love the campus and the walking, especially in spring. Always busy with students. Great faculty.
A secure stable job, but very little room for advancement.
Buyer (Current Employee), Norman, OKFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: got bored. not enough excitement. do not get paid enough to stress.
Review contracts, and place orders for departments.
The co-workers here are very friendly and outgoing, probably going to miss them the most. I do not want to bash management. The work load that they are assigned is causing the training to be lacked. Not enough people to do some of the ordering. The hardest part of the job is being held responsible – more... for legal contracts. I am not in legal or do I get paid enough to stress over the legal terms which is why I would like to leave this position. The company is very good to work for if you are doing something you enjoy. – less
Encouraging environment that allowed me to thrive and grow in my skills and competency
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Norman, OklahomaFebruary 13, 2014
Working at the University of Oklahoma has been a beneficial experience because my coworkers and supervisors truly fostered a relationship with me that allowed me to grow as a person but also in my skills. I was able to develop my passion for learning and teaching while also gaining practical knowledge.
Great place to work and study.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Norman, OklahomaJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: a lot of oppotunities for little study nooks.
Been here a year and I love it. A great place to work and study. Awesome environment.
Work study
Student Employee (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 17, 2014
I did work study here, and really enjoyed it. It was fun and I got to know the people very well.
Wonderful, flexible internship experience
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: extremely flexible with student schedule
Everyday was a learning opportunity for me as a mechanical intern. I basically shadowed the mechanical engineers daily learning mechanical design, project management, and interacting with customers in project reviews.

1 2 3 4