University of Oklahoma Employee Reviews

University employer
Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2017
The University of Oklahoma is a great employer. Their benefits are through the roof and very competitive to other employers in the area. They have potential for networking and provide opportunities for job advancement and professional growth.
Fun job with great benefits
Football Recruiting Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 20, 2017
Working as a football recruiting assistant at OU was both fun and rewarding. I made great connections, was gifted 50 yard line season tickets, and was given a mindset of important work ethic.
admistrative difficulties
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  norman, okJuly 18, 2017
admistrative difficulties. Poor departmental leadership. Workers do not feel appreciated and good talneted people are leaving. Through attrition and retirement incentives jobs are being lost at an alarming rate and these are not being replaced. People are being asked to perfrom the work of 3 people.
Beautiful campus to work on
Electrician II (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 14, 2017
Enjoyed the environment on a beautiful campus. A lot of sandbaggers, but thats a state job for you. Pretty cliquish. Some really great people though having a great time doing close to nothing.
Pros
The scenery
Cons
The mediocrity
a great experience, good student benefits
Resident Adviser (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 10, 2017
you get a stipend, and room and boarding, if i remember correctly--which is awesome. expect a lot of long days and nights. it can turn into a 24/7 job, but a rewarding one, nonetheless.
Pros
monthly stipend, room and board, leadership building skills
Cons
long hours, unexpected incidents, living where you work
Good peers bad pay
Assistant Professor of Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Chickasha, OKJuly 7, 2017
The expectation of what a professor is required to do compared to how we are compensated does not make the job worthwhile or enjoyable. We also receive very little training but are expected to perform so many different functions within and outside our fields of expertise. Its is just not worth it.
Overall was a positive 25 years spent.
CPC, Coding Supervisor, CHO Emerg. Physicians (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2017
A large campus with much diversity. Management was at times questionable but workable. I was encouraged to advance my skills and further my career goal of obtaining my coding certification.
Pros
Great benefits and nice working environment.
Cons
Selection of management was at time questionable.
terrible atmosphere
OR circulator, moderate sedation RN (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 4, 2017
horrible directors, management does not care that you have a family. management does not allow you to speak up for what is right. Hated this job and management. They will fire supervisors on a whim/
Everyday I learned so much
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 3, 2017
One of my best time I ever had in terms of my professional development. Everyone working here is competent and very helpful. Thank you for the precious memories.
Great Opportunities
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 27, 2017
What can I say about working for OU that hasnt already been said.
The office staff is a mixed bag. Some friendly, some not. Maybe the management has changed in the last few years but as of my departure the structure needed some work.
Pros
401k, educational opportunities
Cons
Mandatory overtime for the type of work involved.
Project Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with. They gave the right amount of work, and encouraged a lot of team work. The way people are trained needs to be improved.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Walking
Loved the Campus Feeling
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 19, 2017
The University of Oklahoma was a great place to work and be a part of a great team. I learned a lot about the culture of working with a diverse group of people and really feel like I have achieved my personal goals while there.
Great Place
Staff Assistant, III (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 19, 2017
My position was within Student Affairs, Housing and Food Services. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the student.
I learned a lot about the Food Service industry from my managers and director that I worked under every day.
Great school with multicultural student body and friendly and helpful professionals
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 16, 2017
I had a chance to work as an Undergraduate Researcher and a Graduate Researcher under my supervisor's lab at University of Oklahoma. I gained advanced lab skills, problem solving and data analysis skills.
I have also worked as a Teaching Assistant at University of Oklahoma. I learned how to communicate with students in a more effective and professional way through this job.
Comfortable but not growing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2017
This organization has some of the best benefits in OK, with its retirement plans, insurance plans, and 18+ hours of vacation time each month. Being an educational and healthcare environment, there are always new research studies going on and people to meet. Activities are always going on around campus that focus on education, fellowship, and health. The faculty and staff are great, and it's easy to have a good work-life balance. However, most employees work FAR above their pay-grade. Staff are not paid adequately, and there is little advancement due to budget cuts. Though I feel most people DO enjoy working here, it's not an option for many staff members to stay here long-term because of the little pay/advancement.
Pros
Amazing benefits, lots of vacation time, activites at work
Cons
Little advancement in position and pay, pay a lot for parking
An amazing and friendly environment
Facility Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 14, 2017
The constant support given by the leading staff really helps employees to develop a deeper desire to complete tasks. The work environment is very friendly.
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 13, 2017
Loved working with the colleagues and professors; excellent learning environment; Professors are usually caring and helpful; Work times are usually flexible so you can attend classes and events.
Great place
Asst Video Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Men's BasketballJune 12, 2017
Very good people, treat their employees great. Jobs are very fluid and usually have a good opportunity to move up. Norman is a great place to live and the university is the center of it all.
LPN/RN-I (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2017
I shouldn't have ever left! Great people and great company to work for. You have the best benefits around and honestly you will learn as much as you want there.
Pros
Education and experience
Cons
Pay
Great place to work and invest in your retirement.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 9, 2017
Current employee are considered first for open positions which made job advancement a very good possibility. It was very helpful to be able to contact other departments to assist you when you needed help or information. Always opportunities for different types of training. Provides one-on-one and group information on retirement and investments. Provide fun activities for employees which allows the opportunity for employees to socialize with other employee from different departments. Depending on years of service you can earn up to 33 days a year for vacation. You can accrue vacation hours to apply towards retirement.
Pros
All the training that is offered.
Cons
Empoyee turn over due to transfers or taking other jobs.