University of Oklahoma Employee Reviews

The staff I worked with was very easy to get along with.
Car Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKAugust 12, 2016
My job was clear on what to do and felt good about my job there. My boss would let me know what to do and was very good at working with my school schedule.
University of Oklahoma Libraries
Research Associate and Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 1, 2016
Designing aesthetically pleasing art assets for a Civil War Diaries and Letters transcription website. University of Oklahoma is based in Norman, Oklahoma.
Student Associate
Bursar Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 21, 2016
• Communicate and answer account-related questions for both Alumni and Students
• Greet and direct incoming visitors to the appropriate location for assistance
• Review student petitions for flat rate tuition
• Partner with Collections Division concerning student accounts
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  TraditionsJuly 24, 2016
I have had a good experience working for OU. The pay is good and the people are nice. The day is busy so time goes by quickly.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Short lunch
Great job for chemical engineering students.
Student Research and Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 13, 2016
I have learned so much working for the department of chemical, biological, and materials engineering in the machine shop. I have learned to spec and install process equipment, troubleshoot processes and equipment, and design solutions for multiple process problems. I really can't say enough about it.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunity, flexible schedule, decent pay
Cons
Some not so glamorous activities like cleaning, chemical pickup, etc
Productive working environment
E-Discovery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 24, 2016
I feel the management trained me very well and supported me in my job. It was fast-paced and is a continual learning experience.
Good co-workers but not a place to stay at!
Program Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 7, 2013
Worked at the Employer Service Center then went to OK DHS. Didn't say contracted job with OCSS and would only make a certain amount per year with NO RAISE! On top of it required to work OT with no compensation. Required to pay certain amount for benefits however OK OCSS (DHS) pays all their employee benefits. The smart ones leave OU CPM as soon as possible. Supervisor was from the CARE call center (which all I heard from parents were complaints) and played favorites big time. STAY AWAY FROM OU CPM it's a joke and a waste of OK taxpayers money!!!!
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
state contract jobs, bad management, prefers to keep people in positions that are hard to fill
Excellent job security, retirement, and leave; No Advancement
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2014
Co-workers are all great people. Obviously, always a few bad apples, but overall great. Salary is competitive, but not great. The benefits more than make up for what you may lose in salary. Very complex corporate structure. Each College has its own leadership, Physician's practice has its own leadership, For Profit Hospital has its own leadership and governance, while all are tied together through a Joint Operating Agreement. The theory of "getting your foot in the door" does not apply here because of the many silos on the campus.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement
High motivated workplace
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 26, 2016
Great student atmosphere to work for. Job was a great opportunity to start off for a part time position. Daily task were to unload and stock merchandise on the sales floor. While attending to customers needs.
Good Work Culture
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 15, 2016
Fun and learning go hand in hand. Disciplined work routine.
Great lab facilities. Well maintained. Students are friendly and helpful too.

Want to know more about University of Oklahoma?

Ask a question
Fun and diverse working opportunities.
SWAT Member (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 10, 2016
Allowed me to work on different departments on campus, which added variety to the tasks that I did on a regular basis. Very flexible!
Good for a first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 21, 2015
Work was balanced equally between the grill, the fryers, prep, and cash register. The training was as complete as training can be. had an open and friendly work atmosphere which made coming to work easy and enjoyable. Management was great! The manager is an intelligent, well-rounded guy, who listens to both his customers and his employees. A very rare find, indeed. He hired people like him for the lower levels of management, and it made the work environment better than most.
Pros
Free lunches, great atmosphere, terrific training, amiable management, great food
Cons
The uniform is not great
negative working environment
Caller (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed raising money for the University of Oklahoma, but the Call Center was a disorganized mess. The manager had poor people skills, rude, and disorganized.
Pros
raising money
Cons
rude coworkers
Exceptional setting
LANDSCAPING & GROUNDS (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 3, 2016
On a typical day my full-time partner and I would start very early in the morning on whatever assignment he would plan for that day. We would usually finish before the heat became a factor. I worked with a variety of tools and machines that gave me knowledge of what a blue-collar job would be like. Most co-workers were very friendly and pleasant to be around. The job was not difficult most of the time, but there were days when a more difficult task came up like digging or lawncare. The most enjoyable thing about landscaping was working on the University's campus. I grew up dreaming of going to school and playing sports at OU so just being there was a sight for sore eyes.
Pros
2 break periods, campus experience
Cons
working in conditions, pay
Low stress, great location for students, competitive pay for hourly wages
Sandwich Maker/ Cashier/ Barista (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 3, 2015
The management can be a little frustrating but you can always request to transfer within Cate if you do not like your direct supervisor. Great for balancing school life with work, especially because they let you change your schedule for finals week.
Lovely place to work and grow
Patient Services Representative III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 29, 2015
Lovely workplace with pleasant, professional coworkers that dedicate themselves to helping others and to supporting their team mates. Management was very open to new ideas and to learning along with their employees. Learned so much about the Obstetrics and Gynecology field. Loved that there was a diverse mix of doctors, residents, midwives, medical assistants and interns. Phenomenal teamwork!
Pros
Beautiful surroundings and peaceful atmosphere
Cons
Limited parking and insufficient winter weather maintenance outdoors
nice place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Punch, JKJuly 14, 2015
nice place to work encourage employees work life and job security. Job culture is good, well balanced life. with all perks.
Great Place to work
Fine Arts Professional I (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 25, 2016
Great people and great place to work. Had some politics but what work place doesn't. Enjoyed working with the student and professors.
A great workplace for student
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 21, 2016
I have learned a lot about the computer technicals, the networking, trouble shooting, software installation etc.
Maganers are great
Co-workers are great
A secure stable job, but very little room for advancement.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 19, 2014
Review contracts, and place orders for departments.
The co-workers here are very friendly and outgoing, probably going to miss them the most. I do not want to bash management. The work load that they are assigned is causing the training to be lacked. Not enough people to do some of the ordering. The hardest part of the job is being held responsible for legal contracts. I am not in legal or do I get paid enough to stress over the legal terms which is why I would like to leave this position. The company is very good to work for if you are doing something you enjoy.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Got bored. Not enough excitement. Do not get paid enough to stress.

4.3