University of Oregon

University of Oregon Employer Reviews

Great Atmosphere of Positivity
Custodian(Student Worker) (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMarch 8, 2014
I strive to enjoy every task of job in safety that requires me to interact with employees and customers in pay close attention to who needs help and provide the best customer service to fulfill whomever I am dealing with needs and that they may be satisfied and to become a valuable asset to the company.
It's good
Scientific Programmer (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 13, 2014
I love working there, a lot of talented people and nice managers.
Amazing School
Business Development Intern (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 8, 2014
The University of Oregon is an emerging university that provides a lot of knowledge and opportunities for students.
Flexible with time commitments by adapting to changing student schedules.
Board of Directors, Member (Current Employee), Erb Memorial UnionDecember 27, 2013
-Flexible with time commitments
-Learned a substantial amount of budgeting experience
-Productive with meetings times
Premium Student Organization
Garter Band Director (Former Employee), Eugene, ORNovember 1, 2013
Pros: tons of fun
Cons: lots of work and time commitment
You must be in the musical group and selected by your peers after a live audition in order to be applicable for this job.
A wonderful opportunity for student workers!
Project / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 18, 2013
Pros: very flexible and accomodating hours while attending college.
As an administrative assistant I generated and closed work orders, encumbered monies on contractors' supplemental contracts, acted as liason between building tenants, contractors, and management. Maintained communications between the aforementioned players, via telephone and email. Ordered parts and supplies through the U of O's Purchasing Dept. Our – more... crew was responsible for 17 off-campus properties.

I learned a great deal about the inner-workings of property management, and became proficient in the use of FAMIS software, MS Office and MS Access.

I had a manager and group of co-workers whom I respect and like very much.

Though this job was challenging at times, I didn't find it difficult in any way.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my coworkers. – less
Energetic and very fun coworkers
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Get to work, start up the dish washer. Turn the music on. Get in the zone and all of the sudden it's time to leave. The students I worked with were all so fun. The hardest part was definitely dealing with 180 degree water, but that wasn't even that big of a problem.
The Best College Job
Student Ambassador, Student Orientation Programs (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 1, 2013
Pros: met many important people around the uo
I served as a student ambassador for the University of Oregon my senior year of college. My one regret is that I didn't start this job sooner. I looked forward to going to work everyday. That isn't always the case in today's world. My job was to lead prospective students and their families around the beautiful University of Oregon. The tour last 90 – more... minutes and I was speaking for the majority of that time. I have excellent public speaking skills which I was able to prove everyday. Along with this job, we are sent to speak at receptions to current high school seniors who are about to embark on the journey of college. I was fortunate enough to speak a few times around the state and share my story. The hardest part of the job was encountering families who weren't excited about college or the UO. But every other part of being a student ambassador was excellent. If I could find a job that combined public speaking, traveling, and working to establish a relationship with others-that would be my ideal job. – less
Solid job that is nicely structured
Custodian (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 7, 2013
Pros: the job molds to you.
Cons: to much union protection
If you want to learn about all aspects of custodial work you can. You can also work the bare minimum. If you prove yourself there is room for advancement. Good benefits. Safety first job. You can get a good routine or get some challenges working.
Dedicated to meeting the needs of students
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMay 10, 2013
This school is committed to providing an environment in which students can excel.
fun place, awesome working with students
Food Service Worker II (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 4, 2013
Pros: awesome students and co-workers
Cons: long hours.
totally enjoyable job, lots of interaction with students from all different
cultures. co-workers were awesome to work with. i learned all about working with all different students from all walks of life, and learned
all about their hometowns.
Too much divisiveness between haves and have nots
Web Developer (Former Employee), COEMarch 16, 2013
Pros: good bennies
Cons: top heavy management. 4 to 1 but should be 10 employees to each 1 manager
Classified (union) employees get paid poor wages! Unclassified have no job security. Way too top heavy with management! Climate varies a lot depending what department you work for. I ended up with a bully boss who got away with everything and answered to no one. One plus: very good insurance and retirement compared to the private sector.
Nice people
Outdoor Program Member (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 20, 2013
People are willing to help others and enjoy time together. I have gained how to make plan for trips, organize and negociate with others.
Temp
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: job
Cons: temp
Just a fill in and it was fun and did not last long. Got to work in a medical Facility. Learned a few new tricks.
Great student job, wish I could have stayed
Student Consultant (Former Employee), Knight LibraryJanuary 1, 2013
Held this position for nearly four years at the university and both I and my supervisors wish I could have stayed longer. Great customer service experience, varied tech skills, awesome people to work with.
The best place around where you can can dream and achieve
Adjunct Instructor, Half-time (Former Employee), Eugene, ORDecember 29, 2012
Pros: great culture
Cons: no retainment
Life is full surprises and I had some surprises there as well.
Great employer
Data Collector (Current Employee), Eugene, ORDecember 28, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: temp
Work with kids on testing of multiple skills. Collect and record data.
fun working environment
BA101 Tutor (Current Employee), Eugene, ORDecember 26, 2012
We help BA101 students on foundation or online quiz problems
Excellent environment to learn, work, and grow!
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Lundquist School of BusinessNovember 24, 2012
Pros: beautiful environment and people
Cons: lots of rain, but a small price to pay for the beauty it creates.
I should have never left the U of O.

Wonderful environment in all ways; the weather (if you love rain), the air, the trees, the people, and the concern for our, and the planet's future.

Loved working at the Knight Library, and the Lundquist School of Business Computer Lab.
Good staff with good knowledge of products
Research Assistant for Professor Mary Wood (Former Employee), Wheatridge, COOctober 2, 2012
Fun work experience while i figured out what i wanted to do with my life.