University of Oregon Employee Reviews

An open space, I found myself.
Committee Member of the Campus Project (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 22, 2017
Walk in to the office at 8:30 am with my limps and muscles still adjusting to the changes of my mobility. First is set my purse down, depending on the season of the year, this time lets say its spring. I would walk in and after hanging my purse on my chair, I will proceed to open all the windows but not the window panes. Given it's cold like winter and a high allergy season due to high pollen in the air. Instead, i'll put the lights on, open all the doors. After getting a cup of coffee, switch on my P.C. Check my emails, voice mails, miss calls and catching up where I left off previously.
Pros
There is always something to do. A solution to be found. a policy to implemented.
Cons
nothing I can think about.
fun work place
Tour guide (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 19, 2017
Learned how to speak to multiple people at once, which was really tough for me at first, but then I got use to it.
I organized a lot events on football games that helped me built character.
Rewarding Undergraduate Experience
Freshman Interest Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 18, 2017
As a freshman interest group leader, my job was to help introduce both the academic and social aspects of college to incoming students. Additionally, I lead classes and organized social outings for the class of 20-30 students. My main challenge in this position was trying to foster engagement from the new students in and outside of class. Most freshman college students are nervous about class coursework and initially making friends so my main goal in this work environment was to serve as a resource and peer that the new students could approach with any questions. In coordinating classes and answering student questions via text, phone-call and email, I learned how to manage my time well and think quickly on my feet when students lack motivation and willingness to participate in class and outside activities. Most notably, I enjoyed creating coursework for the students and helping them smoothly transition into their college careers.
Challenging work with support when needed, and ability to work independently
Fiscal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 1, 2017
I am privileged to be on the three-person team that constructs the financial statements for the University. I am able to do work that I feel is important, and that is fun and challenging. Always interesting! I get to design and create financial reports, schedules and statements in the Data Warehouse, and am an advanced report writer.

Work-life balance is important to management, and we are supported and cared for well by members of the department.
Pros
Ability to come up with my own projects and work independently.
Best time of my work life.
Archaeological Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 30, 2017
Got to see so much of Oregon. Loved every minute of it and got to work with so really great people. I really do wish that I could have done it forever.
Pros
Travel and great people.
Cons
Work projects ended and ended job opening.
Fun and Interactive Workplace
Athletic Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 30, 2017
Had the opportunity to be a student director of football, men’s basketball, track and field, volleyball, and lacrosse communications over the course of the internship. Was often a feature writer for GoDucks.com and football and men’s basketball game programs.
Assisted with and coordinated post-game press conferences and interviews, as well as wrote, designed, and edited/formatted content for media guides, rosters, flip cards and other Word or InDesign documents. Daily duties included unofficial scorekeeping and statistics, and running Oregon Athletics’ social media accounts during events.
good university
Graduate Teaching Fellow (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 29, 2017
Helpful professors. Moderate workload. Interesting job. Nice students. Great challenge. Nice opportunities. Interesting coworkers. Nice work environment.
Internship through the University of Oregon
Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 28, 2017
The internship was at a facility called RideAble which specialized in Therapeutic Horseback riding.

Duties consisted of helping students that were involved in the program while they were taking care of their horse, as well as assisting them during their lesson.
Management is a joke
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 19, 2017
If you don't fit in with their idea of what an officer is, you might as well quit. If the managers don't like you, they will make you feel unwanted and go out of their way to get rid of you.
Productive and great work environment
Facility Worker (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 26, 2017
A typical day at work was moving desk from one office to another. Occasionally painting a room or sanding a wall. I learned how to manage different task at once. The management was very encouraging and kind. Hardest part was the occasional lifting of really heavy desk, but it didn't make the job bad. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with great employees and a great college.
Work place is excellent
Student Orientation Staff (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 14, 2017
Great benefits and place to work, respectful colleagues and continuous training and development workshops. They invest in improving their employees skills.
Good for nothing
Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ORJanuary 9, 2017
Lasted a month in female feedback loop. Anyone who may be different, be warned. The job was easy and slow-paced. Lots of sitting around and troubleshooting computers.
Colleagues were wonderful
Regional Development Director (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 9, 2017
a main point of contingency is that several male employees, who were not contributing to the level of responsibility, expectations and fundraising goals that several females were, received salary increases as well as title promotions - and the females did not ...several have left the university.
Pros
Athletic programs benefit fundraising
Cons
Salary discrepancies
Wonderful school
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 17, 2016
The University of Oregon is a great place to work and study. I really enjoyed teaching Mandarin Chinese there. I learned a lot about language pedagogy.
Wonderful employer
Office Specialist 1 / Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2016
I was hired at a dept of uo: (Casls) this is a second language study funded by gov grants. The mgmt was wonderful and flexible.
Pros
Free lunches, casual work atmosphere
Cons
Short term due to non prifit funding
Fun place to work at.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 8, 2016
Working for concessions is kind of okay . But not really fun but I rather be with the Duck athletes instead. But fun to talk with your friends. But it is fun.
Pros
Ya free lunches.
Cons
Ya everything.
A great place to work while completing my college education.
Student Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 24, 2016
During my time at the University of Oregon I needed a place to work part time. Although the work was tiring, it allowed me to create my own work ethic that I strive to keep in the jobs I will have in the future.
Supportive Environment
Stream Stewardship Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 21, 2016
This was an interesting class I've taken because we did a lot of work outside of school with partners around the area. This was all very new to me and I've learned so much after being a part of the team.
good woork for students
Barista (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 15, 2016
Awesome first job. Good way to gain some basic costumer service work skills while going to collage. You serve and work mostly with your peers.
Amazing experience as a Research Assistant. Great for undegrad students seeking experience.
Memory & Attention Lab Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 8, 2016
The other RA's were also fun and amazing to work with. The participants for the study were easy going. Putting in the data in various notebooks and data files on the computer were pretty easy to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Oregon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5