University of Oregon Employee Reviews

Wonderful students and peers; organization in a period of change
Director, Service-Learning Program (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 25, 2017
"One of our goals in the coming years is to redouble our commitment to providing a world-class education to every qualified Oregonian who wants one. Another goal: to catalyze a new era of creativity and discovery by attracting the best and most diverse minds—students and faculty—from around the world. And surpass even our own high expectations to become one of the preeminent research institutions, not just in the United States, but anywhere."
nice place
Associate Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 24, 2017
worked with some nice people that collaborated on projects well. lots of great things to do outside of work. spent most of my time in portland networking
Great way to pay for college
Graduate Teaching Fellow (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 19, 2017
Great experience to have while trying to finish a professional degree. Interaction with students and faculty a plus. Makes for great connections and networking opportunities.
Loved
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 9, 2017
Worked here to raise money for our cheerleading program! It was a fast paced environment but with so many of us working it made it quite easy, especially for concessions at football games.
Pros
Free Drinks and fries
Toxic Environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 7, 2017
Poor management/administration with wrong priorities make this a stressful place to work. Admin lack integrity and are not interested in quality teaching.
Pros
Beautiful campus, Eugene
Cons
Toxic work environment
Student Employee, Love Every Minute
Intern for Civic Engagement Expeditions (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 6, 2017
U of O has an amazing leadership center. Highly recommend any level of involvement. Very well educated and fun staff! I would work there again in a heartbeat!
High Energy but sometimes stressful
Assistant Director, Employer Relations (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 4, 2017
In need of better on-boarding. Amazing people work there, but often get burnt our quick because the good ones step up when needed and attend everything, often does not seem equal. Always events going on, so no need to feel that you have "nothing" to do, you ALWAYS have something to do, and go to, participate. Its fun but in the Fall is can get exhausting.
great job
Teaching Lab Assistant I - Organic Chemistry Labs (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 17, 2017
The chemistry teaching lab team is really great. Supervisors and coworkers are all nice. They are very flexible with hours and it was a good job to have as a student.
Best masters program
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 31, 2017
The professors and clinical supervisors are amazing and supportive. The University Speech Language and Hearing Clinic is a nice outpatient facility serving a variety of populations.
Post graduate research opportunity
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 26, 2017
After graduating from the University of Oregon Architectural Department, I worked at the Center for Housing Innovation. My primary project was a demonstration house for the US Department od Energy. The goal was to establish standards for energy efficient housing compared to conventional construction.
Pros
Grate experience.
Great for students
Physics demonstration assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 15, 2017
Great opportunity to learn about curriculum development. Works well with student schedule. Located in the middle of campus, which makes it highly accessible for students.
Good project
International Student Integration Project (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 14, 2017
I took the BA class in the University of Oregon to work on the project with my teammates. it is about how to solve the international students to join the native people' life.
Engaging and progressive organization
Sports Nutrition Intern (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 13, 2017
Engaging and progressive organization that places an emphasis on its athletes and provides them with all that they need to succeed on the field and in the classroom.
Student IT Employee.
Student Employee, IT (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 5, 2017
This was a student job designed with flexibility in mind. A typical day at work involved upgrading computers, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, and generally helping the department's technology to function smoothly.
University of Oregon Arts and Administration
Senior Instructor I (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 27, 2017
Since 2006 I have had the pleasure of working with wonderful and creative students and peer faculty.

I have also had a great opportunity to create and teach online classes that facilitate student learning and provide flexibility to student populations that travel.

It is unfortunate that this program is merging/closing.
On campus job in student union, very structured but fun environment
Donation Caller/ Activist (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 27, 2017
typically we work from 5:30 -9 on the phones calling alumni and friends of the university raising money for academic program on campus
I've developed great communication skills and have learned how to be engaging with people
learned the importance of social service
enjoyable working with all students and people my age and making friends
hardest part of the job is making connections with people over the phone for only 15 minutes and selling your objective
just ok
Warehouse Driver and Delivery (Current Employee) –  eugene orApril 24, 2017
MIcromanagment by managers at all level.
Hours are fine, good benefits but too much red tape for advancement.

Must work a lot with students which is frustrating sometimes.
Pros
benefits good
Cons
micromanager
An open space, I found myself.
Committee Member of the Campus Project (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 22, 2017
Walk in to the office at 8:30 am with my limps and muscles still adjusting to the changes of my mobility. First is set my purse down, depending on the season of the year, this time lets say its spring. I would walk in and after hanging my purse on my chair, I will proceed to open all the windows but not the window panes. Given it's cold like winter and a high allergy season due to high pollen in the air. Instead, i'll put the lights on, open all the doors. After getting a cup of coffee, switch on my P.C. Check my emails, voice mails, miss calls and catching up where I left off previously.
Pros
There is always something to do. A solution to be found. a policy to implemented.
Cons
nothing I can think about.
fun work place
Tour guide (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 19, 2017
Learned how to speak to multiple people at once, which was really tough for me at first, but then I got use to it.
I organized a lot events on football games that helped me built character.
Rewarding Undergraduate Experience
Freshman Interest Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 18, 2017
As a freshman interest group leader, my job was to help introduce both the academic and social aspects of college to incoming students. Additionally, I lead classes and organized social outings for the class of 20-30 students. My main challenge in this position was trying to foster engagement from the new students in and outside of class. Most freshman college students are nervous about class coursework and initially making friends so my main goal in this work environment was to serve as a resource and peer that the new students could approach with any questions. In coordinating classes and answering student questions via text, phone-call and email, I learned how to manage my time well and think quickly on my feet when students lack motivation and willingness to participate in class and outside activities. Most notably, I enjoyed creating coursework for the students and helping them smoothly transition into their college careers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Oregon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4