University of Oregon Employee Review

View all University of Oregon reviews

The Best College Job
Student Ambassador, Student Orientation Programs (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 1, 2013
I served as a student ambassador for the University of Oregon my senior year of college. My one regret is that I didn't start this job sooner. I looked forward to going to work everyday. That isn't always the case in today's world. My job was to lead prospective students and their families around the beautiful University of Oregon. The tour last 90 minutes and I was speaking for the majority of that time. I have excellent public speaking skills which I was able to prove everyday. Along with this job, we are sent to speak at receptions to current high school seniors who are about to embark on the journey of college. I was fortunate enough to speak a few times around the state and share my story. The hardest part of the job was encountering families who weren't excited about college or the UO. But every other part of being a student ambassador was excellent. If I could find a job that combined public speaking, traveling, and working to establish a relationship with others-that would be my ideal job.
Pros
Met many important people around the UO

Other University of Oregon Employee Reviews

Good upcoming university
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 11, 2017
With the investment of the Knights family, there will be a lot more cutting-edge science taking place at the UO. In general, the atmosphere is relaxed, which doesn't mean that people are not hardworking.
There is some good science being done here.
Football Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 11, 2017
The environment is great. People are good to know. The school lacks diversity. The school is fast paced in the fall. The summers and falls have great weather, but the winter is very brutal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Oregon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3