University of Oregon

University of Oregon Employer Reviews

great school.
SUPERVISOR FOR INTRAMURIAL SPORTS (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJune 30, 2014
Loved this school and had lots of fun studying there. The professors were all great and gave you a great chance to succeed.
Research Associate at University of Oregon
Research Assistant (Former Employee), ORJune 23, 2014
Pros: extra credits for school
Cons: often tedious work
Constantly starting new cultures of Xylariaceous Fungi to later have DNA extracted. Extracting the DNA every few weeks, running PCR, and gel electrophoresis as well as DNA nanodrop. I learned a lot about Fungi as well as important lab procedures and how to compose myself and be productive in a laboratory setting. I worked under two graduate students – more... with my own "assistant" they were extremely intelligent, understanding and taught me a lot. I enjoyed every day that I got to come into the lab, I always learned new things whether it was interesting facts about Fungi or new laboratory procedures. – less
Sufficient tutoring center
BA 101 Tutor (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 22, 2014
Pros: short hours
Cons: short hours
I typically worked with about 2-4 other tutors at a time running the tutoring center. The hardest thing about the job was learning to assist everybody in the tutoring center. There was only 3-5 of us at once and the center can get as packed as about 50 students needing help. Overall, I enjoyed teaching the materials from the class that students could – more... not understand from the professors' lecture. – less
Helped me out to discover and develop my passion for business and education
Global Scholars Hall (GSH) GTF (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMay 22, 2014
As an international, non-traditional student I was able to enter the education system in the United States with the support of the UO faculty and organizations that also gave the opportunity to work while finishing my studies.
univeristy housing
supervisor of student staff in housing (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMay 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: communication skills
Great school to work for! I enjoyed my time at the University.
Great international experience
Publicity Intern, Advocate (Current Employee), Eugene, ORApril 20, 2014
opportunity to get involved into muti-cultural environment.
Great Atmosphere of Positivity
Custodian(Student Worker) (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMarch 8, 2014
I strive to enjoy every task of job in safety that requires me to interact with employees and customers in pay close attention to who needs help and provide the best customer service to fulfill whomever I am dealing with needs and that they may be satisfied and to become a valuable asset to the company.
It's good
Scientific Programmer (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 13, 2014
I love working there, a lot of talented people and nice managers.
Productive place to work.
Linguistics Instructor (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: temporal job
I liked working with my colleges and my superiors. We had meeting where we shared ideas about how to improve the class in different areas such as supporting materials, tests, extra home works and the like. The most enjoyable part was working with the students. The less enjoyable part was knowing that I can have the job while I was a graduate student.
Amazing School
Business Development Intern (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 8, 2014
The University of Oregon is an emerging university that provides a lot of knowledge and opportunities for students.
Flexible with time commitments by adapting to changing student schedules.
Board of Directors, Member (Current Employee), Erb Memorial UnionDecember 27, 2013
-Flexible with time commitments
-Learned a substantial amount of budgeting experience
-Productive with meetings times
Premium Student Organization
Garter Band Director (Former Employee), Eugene, ORNovember 1, 2013
Pros: tons of fun
Cons: lots of work and time commitment
You must be in the musical group and selected by your peers after a live audition in order to be applicable for this job.
A wonderful opportunity for student workers!
Project / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 18, 2013
Pros: very flexible and accomodating hours while attending college.
As an administrative assistant I generated and closed work orders, encumbered monies on contractors' supplemental contracts, acted as liason between building tenants, contractors, and management. Maintained communications between the aforementioned players, via telephone and email. Ordered parts and supplies through the U of O's Purchasing Dept. Our – more... crew was responsible for 17 off-campus properties.

I learned a great deal about the inner-workings of property management, and became proficient in the use of FAMIS software, MS Office and MS Access.

I had a manager and group of co-workers whom I respect and like very much.

Though this job was challenging at times, I didn't find it difficult in any way.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my coworkers. – less
Energetic and very fun coworkers
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Get to work, start up the dish washer. Turn the music on. Get in the zone and all of the sudden it's time to leave. The students I worked with were all so fun. The hardest part was definitely dealing with 180 degree water, but that wasn't even that big of a problem.
Solid job that is nicely structured
Custodian (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 7, 2013
Pros: the job molds to you.
Cons: to much union protection
If you want to learn about all aspects of custodial work you can. You can also work the bare minimum. If you prove yourself there is room for advancement. Good benefits. Safety first job. You can get a good routine or get some challenges working.
Dedicated to meeting the needs of students
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMay 10, 2013
This school is committed to providing an environment in which students can excel.
fun place, awesome working with students
Food Service Worker II (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 4, 2013
Pros: awesome students and co-workers
Cons: long hours.
totally enjoyable job, lots of interaction with students from all different
cultures. co-workers were awesome to work with. i learned all about working with all different students from all walks of life, and learned
all about their hometowns.
Too much divisiveness between haves and have nots
Web Developer (Former Employee), COEMarch 16, 2013
Pros: good bennies
Cons: top heavy management. 4 to 1 but should be 10 employees to each 1 manager
Classified (union) employees get paid poor wages! Unclassified have no job security. Way too top heavy with management! Climate varies a lot depending what department you work for. I ended up with a bully boss who got away with everything and answered to no one. One plus: very good insurance and retirement compared to the private sector.
Nice people
Outdoor Program Member (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 20, 2013
People are willing to help others and enjoy time together. I have gained how to make plan for trips, organize and negociate with others.
Temp
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: job
Cons: temp
Just a fill in and it was fun and did not last long. Got to work in a medical Facility. Learned a few new tricks.