University of Oregon

University of Oregon Employee Reviews

Go Ducks!
Peer Learning Assistant (Former Employee), Department of Chemistry and BiochemistryJuly 22, 2015
Beautiful campus. Nice people. They have a great football team. I enjoyed helping people learn chemistry and be successful in the class.
Fun place to work with laid back atmosphere
Student-Athlete (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: Clientele sometimes a headache
Very friendly staff that worked with individuals to create best scheduling possible. Genial staff and a free gym membership. Clientele was sometimes hard to work with/for.
Fun place to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Information centerJuly 8, 2015
No too much pressure on employees. The salary is fine for a master student. We can communicate with our leader in a convenient way.
Inspiring place but demanding work
Co-Instructor (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 2, 2015
Pros: no politics
Cons: far awat from where scholarly activities are happening
very supportive staffs and colleagues.
open-minded students and lots of social inclusion.
occasionally uninspired students.
close to no politics from the administrators
Excellent place to work
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 1, 2015
Professional staff, lovely campus and energetic students. The HR staff is dedicated to the employees and always available for questions, answers and support.
Good learning environment
Undergraduate Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJune 26, 2015
Pros: Pizza while grading tests, work done early in day
Cons: long days when grading tests
As a summer teaching assistant for organic chemistry, I went to lectures daily and held office hours twice a week. There were weekly tests that I graded with the professor. I learned how to communicate with students and help them with understanding the material as best they could. The most difficult part of the job was making sure I knew the material well enough to help the students, which required outside review on my part. I enjoyed when students understood a part of the class that I assisted them with; it was very rewarding.
Nothing Great
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Eugene, ORJune 22, 2015
Mostly students working. Pays minimum wage and the work conditions aren't great. Generally people begin as dishwashers and can move into different positions such as barista or cooks assistant.
Great place for student workers
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJune 7, 2015
Excellent opportunities for students to gain hands on experience in an educational environment. Many opportunities from cashier to scientific research.
Review Summary
Student Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Eugene, ORMay 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons: Low wages, No benefits
Working at the University, I learned how to work with a variety of different people, doing various different jobs. A typical day at work mostly involved working at multiple different stations, including espresso, salads, and sandwiches. On the espresso bar, I made drinks and rang in orders, for salads, I made custom and pre made salads. On the sandwich bar I worked with other people to make toasted – more... and cold sandwiches from order forms. I learned how to make espresso drinks which was something I did not know how to do before, as well as work in a team. Overall we were well managed, though most of the training came from fellow student employees, and some managers felt as though they were above doing certain jobs. I enjoyed working with most of my coworkers, and after a while we became like a bit of a family. Most people I worked with, I got along with very well, and was able to communicate clearly with. The hardest part of the job was probably staying on my feet for long periods of time, and going from one station to another. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and getting to interact with customers on a daily basis. In addition, I enjoyed making espresso drinks and food for customers. – less
Lab Assistant Researcher
Lab Asistant Researcher (Current Employee), Eugene, ORMay 28, 2015
My job is to organize paperwork, clean up the lab, wash glass-wares and stock supplies. I enjoy working as a lab assistant researcher because I gain experience relating to my major.
Great bike racing event
TEACHERS ASSISTANT AND TUTOR (Current Employee), Eugene, ORMay 27, 2015
A day begins early in the morning setting up the registration booth. Around 9 AM, the riders begin arriving and registering or checking in. After 12 the registration is shut down.
Great community environment
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Eugene, OrApril 14, 2015
The students and employees were great. There was a great sense of community and togetherness. It was a pleasure to work here and witness the growth of the campus.
Graduate teaching fellow
Graduate Student Assistant: MA (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 12, 2015
Pros: paid tuition
Cons: work work work
light course load, stipend to keep us alive, a faculty that really cares about the graduate students, colleagues say that is not the usual experience, in many universities graduate students are treated like servants who do a lot of research for profs who then give them no credit...not at UO...
Fun place to be. Always around fun energetic people with a lot of diversity.
Student (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 4, 2015
Pros: Meeting and working with people from many different places.
Cons: No income
A typical day at school was often very long but I learned a lot of new things. Professors and peers very interesting. Hardest part of school was making sure that I always stayed focused and on top of the required coursework. Most enjoyable part of school was passing classes and graduating from college.
Teacher, researcher, student
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Eugene, ORMarch 25, 2015
I taught at the University of Oregon both as a graduate student and an adjunct instructor designing and teaching both brick-and-mortar as well as online courses. I created over seven different courses, designed a syllabus, prepared lectures, facilitated class discussions, met individually with students to discuss a plethora of concerns, graded student work promptly and regularly, and worked with a – more... diverse group of colleagues in various contexts. The work environment, as I imagine is the case with any university setting, is fast-paced and high-stress, as everyone needs to juggle multiple tasks all the time (research, teaching, administrative work, committee work, etc). It's a very difficult time to be an adjunct instructor right now, as the pay is not good and the benefits are not guaranteed (I do not know from one year to the next how many class I'll be teaching, which directly affects my salary and benefits eligibility). While my colleagues were great and the work is meaningful, I would encourage anyone interested in pursuing a PhD to seriously read about the state of higher education before applying. Jobs are scarce, most labor is contingent, you may have no control over where you work, and the level of competition is very high, because there are magnitudes more PhDs granted each year than jobs created. – less
Great place to work.
Group Exercise Instructor/PE Instructor (Current Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 21, 2015
I enjoy working at the U of O. They are very supportive of their employees and help encourage professional development as an instructor each term.
Great Place
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 18, 2015
This is a great place to work and a tremendous program with a lot of people who are driven to help this team succeed. I have really enjoyed my time here
Great Department of Geology at University of Oregon
Geological Field Assistant (Former Employee), Cibola, AZFebruary 10, 2015
Loved U of O and geology! I learned everything I have to know about geology from the great staff and fun outdoor adventures.
Facility Support Services
Facility Support Service- University Of Oregon (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: low pay
My job was to man the front desk for Allied Arts and Architecture students. My duties included renting camera and lighting equipment, keeping inventory up- to date, answering phone calls and troubleshooting broken equipment.
Volunteer work
Volunteer Work/ Community Service (Former Employee), eugene oregonDecember 11, 2014
Best part of volunteer work is helping the community out, and learning various aspects about it. Typical day would include anything they instructed me to do

1 2 3 4