University of Oregon Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and Great Learning Experience
Anthropology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 11, 2016
I love my job in the university lab. I get to handle and examine human remains and identify and articulate bone fragments. It's excellent experience for my career goal of being a Forensic Anthropologist. I only wish I could be paid, but my professor can afford to pay me. I love my job and working one on one with my professor who teaches me a lot about anthropology and Osteology but also gives me advice and experiences to help me prepare for grad school.
Pros
Handling bones, Learning how to identify and diagnose particular things, getting to know my professor one on one
Cons
volunteer
Amazing experience as a Research Assistant. Great for undegrad students seeking experience.
Memory & Attention Lab Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 8, 2016
The other RA's were also fun and amazing to work with. The participants for the study were easy going. Putting in the data in various notebooks and data files on the computer were pretty easy to do.
Go Ducks
Campus Activites (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 24, 2016
Amazing school, great facilities and endless possibilities. While at Oregon I took advantage of e great relationship I had built with my career councilor to help find me a job that I was a good fit for and one I would enjoy. The school seems to be getting better and better each year!
Supportive Environment
Stream Stewardship Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 21, 2016
This was an interesting class I've taken because we did a lot of work outside of school with partners around the area. This was all very new to me and I've learned so much after being a part of the team.
Productive and fun workplace
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST‬ (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 12, 2016
There are many great things that come from working at the University of Oregon. We have a great team that helps our system keep going.
Pros
They work around your school schedule
Cons
a limited amount of hours
Great environment for a student
Psychology lab research assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 8, 2016
I worked for a professor collecting data, it was a good experience! My work help prepare me for jobs outside of the university system, cant complain.
good woork for students
Barista (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 15, 2016
Awesome first job. Good way to gain some basic costumer service work skills while going to collage. You serve and work mostly with your peers.
Strong Institution
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 19, 2016
Excellent university reputation. Member of the Association of American Universities, one of only two in the pacific northwest.
Typical college worker setting
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 13, 2015
Professionals working at the University were always kind and courteous. No real room for advancement because these jobs are meant to fill basic roles for professors.
Pros
Convenient location, friendly staff, flexible hours
Cons
No room for advancement, Sometimes boring/repetitive
Productive and good working environment
Research Assistant, HPCL (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 28, 2016
Very friendly and helpful people who motivate you and help get going. The co-workers are really smart and educating. The professors are very reachable as well.

Want to know more about University of Oregon?

Ask a question
Productive & Fun Place to Work
Assistant Coordinator and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 8, 2015
Being a student while working here, UO - Academic Extension was very accommodating to my ever changing class schedule. A typical work day consisted of corresponding to numerous phone call and emails from both clients and customers and a significant amount of data entry. This job certainly has its busy seasons, in which you can expect to take about 100 calls a day and slow periods in which case you are lucky to have 2-3 calls. UO staff fosters a family-style work environment, largely in part because most student workers, (me excluded) were related to a senior coordinator.
Pros
Flexible schedule for students
Cons
Not much room to grow within the company
Nice atmosphere
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 2, 2015
This university has a very nice atmosphere to work. Teacher Assistants and and Research Assistants receive relatively good compensation and good health insurance. Though this university is not that much competitive to other good university for science and engineering.
Pros
Insurance, Compensation
Fun workplace focused on student life
Geology Field Training (Former Employee) –  Crooked River, ORSeptember 18, 2015
Working for the University of Oregon First Year Programs was an enjoyable job that required me to interact with students, staff, and parents. Aside from collaborating with a faculty member to create curriculum and teaching a class once a week, First Year Programs taught me how to best interact with faculty and parents. The managing staff was understanding and receptive, and provided valuable training beforehand.
Great for students and work with your schedule
Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 16, 2015
Work with your schedule and are open to schedule changes. Easy and calm work environment. Work one on one with students without being micromanaged by superiors. Only have to go to one review meeting a term to check on progress of your students.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Uncomfortable chairs
Nice people and nice mixed culture
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 19, 2015
People work there are friendly and the management is efficient. There are lots of different cultural background people staying together. It is a nice place to learn how to greet with other cultures people.
Squashes ideas and innovation.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 15, 2015
The pay is vey low. Master's degrees are not economically valued. The rigid hierarchy prevents news ideas from being explored.
Excellent position, very educational and rewarding. I had a fantastic boss.
Undergraduate Assistant, CIS (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 2, 2015
I assisted students with problems that they had writing code and graded assignments and exams. It was a great experience.
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 2, 2015
The Department of Geological Sciences was a fun to work for and as a graduate student you were surrounded by the minds of great researchers and mentors.
Great University to receive a MA
Instructor - First-year Spoken Russian (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 23, 2015
Great University to receive a MA. Good atmosphere, very green and lush city, plenty of non-university activities abound of which to take advantage.
excellent institution for the furthering of ambitious minds in all fields.
Percussion librarian/logistics assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 11, 2015
plenty of time and space given to me in my efforts to learn how to task manage and organize for a group of fellow student musicians. The work was very solitary at times, but it is how I thrive in a work setting.

4.4