University of Oregon

University of Oregon Employee Reviews

Great community environment
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Eugene, OrApril 14, 2015
The students and employees were great. There was a great sense of community and togetherness. It was a pleasure to work here and witness the growth of the campus.
Graduate teaching fellow
Graduate Student Assistant: MA (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 12, 2015
Pros: paid tuition
Cons: work work work
light course load, stipend to keep us alive, a faculty that really cares about the graduate students, colleagues say that is not the usual experience, in many universities graduate students are treated like servants who do a lot of research for profs who then give them no credit...not at UO...
Fun place to be. Always around fun energetic people with a lot of diversity.
Student (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 4, 2015
Pros: Meeting and working with people from many different places.
Cons: No income
A typical day at school was often very long but I learned a lot of new things. Professors and peers very interesting. Hardest part of school was making sure that I always stayed focused and on top of the required coursework. Most enjoyable part of school was passing classes and graduating from college.
Teacher, researcher, student
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Eugene, ORMarch 25, 2015
I taught at the University of Oregon both as a graduate student and an adjunct instructor designing and teaching both brick-and-mortar as well as online courses. I created over seven different courses, designed a syllabus, prepared lectures, facilitated class discussions, met individually with students to discuss a plethora of concerns, graded student work promptly and regularly, and worked with a diverse group of colleagues in various contexts. The work environment, as I imagine is the case with any university setting, is fast-paced and high-stress, as everyone needs to juggle multiple tasks all the time (research, teaching, administrative work, committee work, etc). It's a very difficult time to be an adjunct instructor right now, as the pay is not good and the benefits are not guaranteed (I do not know from one year to the next how many class I'll be teaching, which directly affects my salary and benefits eligibility). While my colleagues were great and the work is meaningful, I would encourage anyone interested in pursuing a PhD to seriously read about the state of higher education before applying. Jobs are scarce, most labor is contingent, you may have no control over where you work, and the level of competition is very high, because there are magnitudes more PhDs granted each year than jobs created.
Great place to work.
Group Exercise Instructor/PE Instructor (Current Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 21, 2015
I enjoy working at the U of O. They are very supportive of their employees and help encourage professional development as an instructor each term.
Great Place
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 18, 2015
This is a great place to work and a tremendous program with a lot of people who are driven to help this team succeed. I have really enjoyed my time here
Great Department of Geology at University of Oregon
Geological Field Assistant (Former Employee), Cibola, AZFebruary 10, 2015
Loved U of O and geology! I learned everything I have to know about geology from the great staff and fun outdoor adventures.
Facility Support Services
Facility Support Service- University Of Oregon (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: low pay
My job was to man the front desk for Allied Arts and Architecture students. My duties included renting camera and lighting equipment, keeping inventory up- to date, answering phone calls and troubleshooting broken equipment.
Volunteer work
Volunteer Work/ Community Service (Former Employee), eugene oregonDecember 11, 2014
Best part of volunteer work is helping the community out, and learning various aspects about it. Typical day would include anything they instructed me to do
productive and good place for working and studying
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Eugene, ORNovember 4, 2014
Recently I have worked as a research assistant at University of Oregon for analyzing next generation sequencing data.
Excellent University
Student Shfit Leader (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 7, 2014
practice both acknowledge and practical side of accounting by participating events and programs
Nice place to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Eugene, OROctober 6, 2014
Campus is a good place to work and study since you can meet a lot of new people and help them improve their math skills.
Research Assistant - INTERN
Research Assistant - INTERN (Former Employee), Eugene, ORSeptember 22, 2014
Encourage qualified peers to participate.

Prepare laboratory, schedule time slots and allocate participation compensation.

Provide consistent and detailed instructions and demonstrations.

Collate, log and transfer data (e.g. heart rate, questionnaires, saliva samples, etc.).
Good resume builder
Student Representative (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 18, 2014
Pros: resume builder
Take advantage and work on committees when enrolled to build up your resume
I go to school at u of o
Lab Monitor (Work-study) (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 18, 2014
Lab monitor
Cleaning, organizing, answering questions, working with chemicals, and making sure the equipment were in working conditions.
Very nice and really organized.
Great to work with
Making sure the chemicals were the right ratio.
Working with others an helping others in need of assistance.
great school.
SUPERVISOR FOR INTRAMURIAL SPORTS (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJune 30, 2014
Loved this school and had lots of fun studying there. The professors were all great and gave you a great chance to succeed.
Research Associate at University of Oregon
Research Assistant (Former Employee), ORJune 23, 2014
Pros: extra credits for school
Cons: often tedious work
Constantly starting new cultures of Xylariaceous Fungi to later have DNA extracted. Extracting the DNA every few weeks, running PCR, and gel electrophoresis as well as DNA nanodrop. I learned a lot about Fungi as well as important lab procedures and how to compose myself and be productive in a laboratory setting. I worked under two graduate students with my own "assistant" they were extremely intelligent, understanding and taught me a lot. I enjoyed every day that I got to come into the lab, I always learned new things whether it was interesting facts about Fungi or new laboratory procedures.
Sufficient tutoring center
BA 101 Tutor (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 22, 2014
Pros: short hours
Cons: short hours
I typically worked with about 2-4 other tutors at a time running the tutoring center. The hardest thing about the job was learning to assist everybody in the tutoring center. There was only 3-5 of us at once and the center can get as packed as about 50 students needing help. Overall, I enjoyed teaching the materials from the class that students could not understand from the professors' lecture.
Helped me out to discover and develop my passion for business and education
Global Scholars Hall (GSH) GTF (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMay 22, 2014
As an international, non-traditional student I was able to enter the education system in the United States with the support of the UO faculty and organizations that also gave the opportunity to work while finishing my studies.
univeristy housing
supervisor of student staff in housing (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMay 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: communication skills
Great school to work for! I enjoyed my time at the University.

1 2 3