University of Oregon Employee Reviews

Colleagues were wonderful
Regional Development Director (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 9, 2017
a main point of contingency is that several male employees, who were not contributing to the level of responsibility, expectations and fundraising goals that several females were, received salary increases as well as title promotions - and the females did not ...several have left the university.
Pros
Athletic programs benefit fundraising
Cons
Salary discrepancies
Work place is excellent
Student Orientation Staff (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 14, 2017
Great benefits and place to work, respectful colleagues and continuous training and development workshops. They invest in improving their employees skills.
Wonderful employer
Office Specialist 1 / Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2016
I was hired at a dept of uo: (Casls) this is a second language study funded by gov grants. The mgmt was wonderful and flexible.
Pros
Free lunches, casual work atmosphere
Cons
Short term due to non prifit funding
Good for nothing
Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ORJanuary 9, 2017
Lasted a month in female feedback loop. Anyone who may be different, be warned. The job was easy and slow-paced. Lots of sitting around and troubleshooting computers.
A great place to work while completing my college education.
Student Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 24, 2016
During my time at the University of Oregon I needed a place to work part time. Although the work was tiring, it allowed me to create my own work ethic that I strive to keep in the jobs I will have in the future.
Wonderful school
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 17, 2016
The University of Oregon is a great place to work and study. I really enjoyed teaching Mandarin Chinese there. I learned a lot about language pedagogy.
Amazing experience as a Research Assistant. Great for undegrad students seeking experience.
Memory & Attention Lab Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 8, 2016
The other RA's were also fun and amazing to work with. The participants for the study were easy going. Putting in the data in various notebooks and data files on the computer were pretty easy to do.
Fun place to work at.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 8, 2016
Working for concessions is kind of okay . But not really fun but I rather be with the Duck athletes instead. But fun to talk with your friends. But it is fun.
Pros
Ya free lunches.
Cons
Ya everything.
Supportive Environment
Stream Stewardship Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 21, 2016
This was an interesting class I've taken because we did a lot of work outside of school with partners around the area. This was all very new to me and I've learned so much after being a part of the team.
Go Ducks
Campus Activites (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 24, 2016
Amazing school, great facilities and endless possibilities. While at Oregon I took advantage of e great relationship I had built with my career councilor to help find me a job that I was a good fit for and one I would enjoy. The school seems to be getting better and better each year!
Productive and fun workplace
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST‬ (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 12, 2016
There are many great things that come from working at the University of Oregon. We have a great team that helps our system keep going.
Pros
They work around your school schedule
Cons
a limited amount of hours
Fun and Great Learning Experience
Anthropology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 11, 2016
I love my job in the university lab. I get to handle and examine human remains and identify and articulate bone fragments. It's excellent experience for my career goal of being a Forensic Anthropologist. I only wish I could be paid, but my professor can afford to pay me. I love my job and working one on one with my professor who teaches me a lot about anthropology and Osteology but also gives me advice and experiences to help me prepare for grad school.
Pros
Handling bones, Learning how to identify and diagnose particular things, getting to know my professor one on one
Cons
volunteer
good woork for students
Barista (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 15, 2016
Awesome first job. Good way to gain some basic costumer service work skills while going to collage. You serve and work mostly with your peers.
Great environment for a student
Psychology lab research assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 8, 2016
I worked for a professor collecting data, it was a good experience! My work help prepare me for jobs outside of the university system, cant complain.
Strong Institution
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 19, 2016
Excellent university reputation. Member of the Association of American Universities, one of only two in the pacific northwest.
n/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  n/aMay 23, 2016
over all it was a very good experience and i get a lot professionally.I would recommend this job to everyone I know who goes to school at uo
Productive & Fun Place to Work
Assistant Coordinator and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 8, 2015
Being a student while working here, UO - Academic Extension was very accommodating to my ever changing class schedule. A typical work day consisted of corresponding to numerous phone call and emails from both clients and customers and a significant amount of data entry. This job certainly has its busy seasons, in which you can expect to take about 100 calls a day and slow periods in which case you are lucky to have 2-3 calls. UO staff fosters a family-style work environment, largely in part because most student workers, (me excluded) were related to a senior coordinator.
Pros
Flexible schedule for students
Cons
Not much room to grow within the company
Typical college worker setting
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 13, 2015
Professionals working at the University were always kind and courteous. No real room for advancement because these jobs are meant to fill basic roles for professors.
Pros
Convenient location, friendly staff, flexible hours
Cons
No room for advancement, Sometimes boring/repetitive
Fun workplace focused on student life
Geology Field Training (Former Employee) –  Crooked River, ORSeptember 18, 2015
Working for the University of Oregon First Year Programs was an enjoyable job that required me to interact with students, staff, and parents. Aside from collaborating with a faculty member to create curriculum and teaching a class once a week, First Year Programs taught me how to best interact with faculty and parents. The managing staff was understanding and receptive, and provided valuable training beforehand.
Productive and good working environment
Research Assistant, HPCL (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 28, 2016
Very friendly and helpful people who motivate you and help get going. The co-workers are really smart and educating. The professors are very reachable as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Oregon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4