University of Oregon Employee Reviews

great job
Teaching Lab Assistant I - Organic Chemistry Labs (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 17, 2017
The chemistry teaching lab team is really great. Supervisors and coworkers are all nice. They are very flexible with hours and it was a good job to have as a student.
Best masters program
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 31, 2017
The professors and clinical supervisors are amazing and supportive. The University Speech Language and Hearing Clinic is a nice outpatient facility serving a variety of populations.
Post graduate research opportunity
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 26, 2017
After graduating from the University of Oregon Architectural Department, I worked at the Center for Housing Innovation. My primary project was a demonstration house for the US Department od Energy. The goal was to establish standards for energy efficient housing compared to conventional construction.
Pros
Grate experience.
Great for students
Physics demonstration assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 15, 2017
Great opportunity to learn about curriculum development. Works well with student schedule. Located in the middle of campus, which makes it highly accessible for students.
Good project
International Student Integration Project (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 14, 2017
I took the BA class in the University of Oregon to work on the project with my teammates. it is about how to solve the international students to join the native people' life.
Engaging and progressive organization
Sports Nutrition Intern (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 13, 2017
Engaging and progressive organization that places an emphasis on its athletes and provides them with all that they need to succeed on the field and in the classroom.
Student IT Employee.
Student Employee, IT (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 5, 2017
This was a student job designed with flexibility in mind. A typical day at work involved upgrading computers, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, and generally helping the department's technology to function smoothly.
University of Oregon Arts and Administration
Senior Instructor I (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 27, 2017
Since 2006 I have had the pleasure of working with wonderful and creative students and peer faculty.

I have also had a great opportunity to create and teach online classes that facilitate student learning and provide flexibility to student populations that travel.

It is unfortunate that this program is merging/closing.
On campus job in student union, very structured but fun environment
Donation Caller/ Activist (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 27, 2017
typically we work from 5:30 -9 on the phones calling alumni and friends of the university raising money for academic program on campus
I've developed great communication skills and have learned how to be engaging with people
learned the importance of social service
enjoyable working with all students and people my age and making friends
hardest part of the job is making connections with people over the phone for only 15 minutes and selling your objective
just ok
Warehouse Driver and Delivery (Current Employee) –  eugene orApril 24, 2017
MIcromanagment by managers at all level.
Hours are fine, good benefits but too much red tape for advancement.

Must work a lot with students which is frustrating sometimes.
Pros
benefits good
Cons
micromanager
An open space, I found myself.
Committee Member of the Campus Project (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 22, 2017
Walk in to the office at 8:30 am with my limps and muscles still adjusting to the changes of my mobility. First is set my purse down, depending on the season of the year, this time lets say its spring. I would walk in and after hanging my purse on my chair, I will proceed to open all the windows but not the window panes. Given it's cold like winter and a high allergy season due to high pollen in the air. Instead, i'll put the lights on, open all the doors. After getting a cup of coffee, switch on my P.C. Check my emails, voice mails, miss calls and catching up where I left off previously.
Pros
There is always something to do. A solution to be found. a policy to implemented.
Cons
nothing I can think about.
fun work place
Tour guide (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 19, 2017
Learned how to speak to multiple people at once, which was really tough for me at first, but then I got use to it.
I organized a lot events on football games that helped me built character.
Rewarding Undergraduate Experience
Freshman Interest Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 18, 2017
As a freshman interest group leader, my job was to help introduce both the academic and social aspects of college to incoming students. Additionally, I lead classes and organized social outings for the class of 20-30 students. My main challenge in this position was trying to foster engagement from the new students in and outside of class. Most freshman college students are nervous about class coursework and initially making friends so my main goal in this work environment was to serve as a resource and peer that the new students could approach with any questions. In coordinating classes and answering student questions via text, phone-call and email, I learned how to manage my time well and think quickly on my feet when students lack motivation and willingness to participate in class and outside activities. Most notably, I enjoyed creating coursework for the students and helping them smoothly transition into their college careers.
Challenging work with support when needed, and ability to work independently
Fiscal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 1, 2017
I am privileged to be on the three-person team that constructs the financial statements for the University. I am able to do work that I feel is important, and that is fun and challenging. Always interesting! I get to design and create financial reports, schedules and statements in the Data Warehouse, and am an advanced report writer.

Work-life balance is important to management, and we are supported and cared for well by members of the department.
Pros
Ability to come up with my own projects and work independently.
Best time of my work life.
Archaeological Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 30, 2017
Got to see so much of Oregon. Loved every minute of it and got to work with so really great people. I really do wish that I could have done it forever.
Pros
Travel and great people.
Cons
Work projects ended and ended job opening.
Fun and Interactive Workplace
Athletic Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 30, 2017
Had the opportunity to be a student director of football, men’s basketball, track and field, volleyball, and lacrosse communications over the course of the internship. Was often a feature writer for GoDucks.com and football and men’s basketball game programs.
Assisted with and coordinated post-game press conferences and interviews, as well as wrote, designed, and edited/formatted content for media guides, rosters, flip cards and other Word or InDesign documents. Daily duties included unofficial scorekeeping and statistics, and running Oregon Athletics’ social media accounts during events.
good university
Graduate Teaching Fellow (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 29, 2017
Helpful professors. Moderate workload. Interesting job. Nice students. Great challenge. Nice opportunities. Interesting coworkers. Nice work environment.
Internship through the University of Oregon
Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 28, 2017
The internship was at a facility called RideAble which specialized in Therapeutic Horseback riding.

Duties consisted of helping students that were involved in the program while they were taking care of their horse, as well as assisting them during their lesson.
Management is a joke
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 19, 2017
If you don't fit in with their idea of what an officer is, you might as well quit. If the managers don't like you, they will make you feel unwanted and go out of their way to get rid of you.
Productive and great work environment
Facility Worker (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 26, 2017
A typical day at work was moving desk from one office to another. Occasionally painting a room or sanding a wall. I learned how to manage different task at once. The management was very encouraging and kind. Hardest part was the occasional lifting of really heavy desk, but it didn't make the job bad. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with great employees and a great college.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Oregon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4