University of Pennsylvania Health System

University of Pennsylvania Health System Employee Reviews

Phlebotomy
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2017
I have to say, great place to work, team players- NOT saying everything is perfect BUT overall my department great, love the people I work with- lot of room for advancement- either in the current department or in other parts of the hospital- tuition reimbursement is great- can't ask for more.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Wish, I could get more hours to get that education
Good Company
BILLING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2017
There is opportunity for advancement in most areas. The workplace is very diverse. We worked within a team to meet all required deadlines and mostly without conflict or disagreement. The benefits are excellent and the healthcare is something to be proud of.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Difficult advancement
Great place to start off an a Nurse
Level II Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2017
A great learning experience and great place to start out as a new nurse. Encouraged both educational and professional advancement. Great staff to work with.
Pros
salary
Poor management
Cpup (Current Employee) –  PcamJune 10, 2017
I have spent many years as a Penn employee and it seems management are so full of them selves and the so called ratings.
There is no team spirit or a community that works together.
It is all about the Attendings and their production.
Employees are just interchangeable components.
Patients are only seen as cash....so sad.

Comment – June 28, 2017

My experience as a Penn employee was exactly the same. HR is useless. There is no entity that advocates for the employee.

Very good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2017
Lovely place to work I wish I had stayed very good hospital wonderful nurse's and doctor my best job ever had I loved working there I would recommend any nurse to work there they will love it
Pros
Great
Cons
Perfect
Lacks opportunities
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2017
the environment is seriously based on who you know to move positions, and management not keeping tract of employee skill sets in order to access potential to move progress and succeed
The most enjoyable part of the job
Payment Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2017
I'm proud working for UPHS,and continue to support the mission for this company of caring for patients and their families with respect and compassion.
Pros
Great Health Care company, show great respecr to all patients around the World, and one of the 10 top hospital in the Nation.
Excellent place to work. Great advancement opportunities.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great advancement opportunities. Excellent benefits. Excellent workplace culture. Commuting into the city is a bit challenging some days.
Pros
Working with cutting edge technology. Excellent place to work. Great advancement opportunities.
Cons
Commute
Awesome place to work
Full Time Transplant Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2017
Very supportive and hard working team. Management's door is always open. The team is always willing to help out. The environment is very laid back.
Good job
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2017
UPHS is a great place to work. There are many opportunities if you are willing to do anything possible and work hard to advance. There are great benefits as well.
Good work environment with advancement opportunities
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2017
This company was nice to work for because of my co-workers and my direct supervisors. One supervisor was a nurse and the other a doctor, but they made sure they remained a part of the team even though the majority of their responsibilities were administrative in nature. I enjoyed coming to work everyday and working with patients who had challenges, but as a staff member the highlight was to see one of these individuals overcome the challenge that led to their hospitalization.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, supervisory staff and benefits
Cons
everyday challenges of the job
Great Health System
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at the University of Pennsylvania Health System. At the time, the leaders are accessible and open to ideas. The nursing staff was awesome.
Productive and a great Environment to work
Penn Medicine Department of OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2017
Working at Upenn advanced my knowledge and skills. They offer courses for you to brush-up on your skills and gain new knowledge. Management is excellent, and always willing to help improve their employees.
Great clinical care
Manager, Ambulatory Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2017
Great job security. Work will a lot of brain power.

Hardest part of the job is politics.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people.

I have learned to present more effectively.
Sucks!
G.i. tech (Former Employee) –  Penn medicine at radnorMarch 8, 2017
The management is made up of newly hired untrained clinical coordinators. They never worked as a tech or MA and cannot offer guidance as such. Not only are you responsible for your job, you have to do MA work and check labs and process specimens. Take labs do paper work and clean for 16/hr. Treat you like a child and do not have employees best interest at heart and everyone in this department is looking for another job! If you need a job badly then I say apply but keep your options open. Worst experience so far.....
Pros
Patients are awesome
Penn Medicine
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2017
The company has great benefits and tuition reimbursement. It is a professional work environment, challenging. It is difficult to move up. Pay is average, unless you work in a managerial position.
Pros
Great employer to work for.
Cons
Travel distance too far.
University of Pennslyvania Health System
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2017
A work day is providing exceptional customer service. All calls are critical,culture is customer care, a sickly patient/non is heart breaking and being well is gratifying.
Pros
Working together as a team players.
Cons
Heart breaking of not being able to provide cures.
Tineka Thompson
Benefits Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2017
I would give the University of Penn an overall rating of an awesome place to work. Since I have been employed at Penn Medicine I have gaining knowledge with Human Resources. Being able to assist employees with carrier issues, facilitate new employee orientation, help employees with enrolling into benefits and etc. Penn Medicine has helped me to work past my potential...by working independently and effectively.

The most difficult part of my job would be not being able to help everyone. I have a compassion for people...and will do all I can to help.
Pros
Strong Customer Service and Communication Skills
Very nice people to work with
Sr. LIMS Architect (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2017
I worked for the hospital. I would have preferred working for the school as the benefits are better there and was what I was expecting when taking the job. The tuition reimbursement is lacking on the hospital side and you were encouraged to go to Drexel instead of the University of Penn. I was not told about this when accepting the job but was told about the school benefits. So I could not afford to continue my education under these circumstances. The staff is great, the work conditions are great, but the benefits were not.
Overall good experience
Certified as an assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast paced but rewarding experience. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help other--very appreciative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Pennsylvania Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval