University of Pennsylvania

University of Pennsylvania Employer Reviews

University of Penn is a great place to work
Medical Assistant/Counselor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: services available to employees
Cons: stability
I learned a lot in my 6 years of employment. They do take care of their employees. I have made many friends at Penn. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help so many people.
Best Company
Custodian (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 22, 2014
I would start off by saying that i Love the company while i was working it brought me in the position where i could handle things an bring family together. Most of all the co-workers are very respectable
fun work place
Patient Service Representative/ Project Management (Former Employee), Radnor, PADecember 17, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: lack of advancement
I love working for Penn, at each location my coworkers felt like family. The only down side is that Management does not allow for professional or personal growth.
Coordinator
Faculty Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2014
Day to day Faculty Support Office operations
Pleasant Atmosphere
Professional Staff
A Significant Disappointment
Services Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2014
Pros: a generous benefits package
I have heard for years how great a place UPenn is to work. Unfortunately, my experience with them did not live up to the hype of all those who find this organization to be so grand. My experience with working for the Annenberg School for Communication found a work environment of people who were elitist, privileged, and unconcerned for anyone but their own images. I quickly learned that improvements on existing systems weren't welcomed from comments of "we aren't interested in doing anything differently", "this is how we always do things", and "you should only do what you're told to do."

The pinnacle of my experience came in the form of a conversation with the Director of Special Events who insisted in blaming others for her miscommunicated needs for her planned events. I endured a significant portion of the blame for not knowing the history of events prior to my on-boarding and in the end endured personal insults, including a comment stating in email: "I hope eventually your learning curve becomes a straight line."

There are many areas to work in Penn, and I'm certain this in not indicative of every work-group. Unfortunately, it was my experience, and likely my last desired encounter with Penn.
Enjoy working as a lecturer
Lecturer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2014
I have provided content, written lectures, and created slides for a new course titled “Art, Design + Digital Culture.” I have bi-monthly meetings with intelligent and interesting faculty members to continually develop, manage, and gauge the success of the course. I enjoy working in education because I feel like it keeps me current on how culture is adapting to and being influenced by print and digital media in our image inundated world. Working with a variety of students not only keeps me sharp conceptually but it's gratifying to help students manage their expectations and to know that everyone feels heard as we move from project to project.
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 2, 2014
If you like research you will enjoy working in the chemistry department at Penn.
Great work environment
Membership Services Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2014
I enjoyed working here. It is a very neat, well organized and well run business.
Currently Workng
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee), Pennslyvania, PANovember 24, 2014
Great opportunity to involve in big projects. Very qualified team.
An enjoyable palce to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2014
Pros: nothing substantial comes to mind
Cons: no full time position for me right now
Working for this facility has truly been an eye opener for me. Being able to interact with the students and cater to their medical needs is very enjoyable for me. At times, us as employees are molding them in certain ways. Learning does not only take place in a classroom and at SHS, we are proof of that! Most students have had their parents making scheduling appointments, making sure that they get to the correct location, holding on to their insurance cards, etc. Here, at SHS, we educate them on certain processes to enable them to get active in their own care. Explain to them the process of submitting a claim to an insurance company for possible reimbursement. I truly enjoy working here.
Wonderful Place to Work!
Clincial Coordinator II (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2014
Opportunities are endless at HUP. Each entity has high-quality patient care services. It's a wonderful place to work.
Great place to work.
ULAR-Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no cons
I learn to work with animal and learned how to monitor and attend laboratory animals.
Good place to start career
Grants Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2014
A good initial learning environment.
The Management varies across different schools and departments.
Everyday was different
Administrator of Grants and exchange students (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: a great boss and understanding of my home life
Cons: the woman who was co-administrator was out sick a lot
It was exciting working at a University and meeting a lot of foreign exchange students. I had a lot of interacting with The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Veterans Administration. Whether I was at one of the above places or the lab, library and Children's Hospital.
Great Place to work
Electrician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2014
Installation and maintance of electricial equipment with the university infrastructure
Great opportunity to learn
Postdoctoral researcher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2014
The University of Pennsylvania has a great environment to learn.
Wonderful place to work, learn and enhance work ethnics.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn.
Cons: limitation to hours of work.
Working at the University of Pennsylvania has given me the opportunity to witness change within the University. The University is growing rapidly around you and the opportunity to grow with it is tremendous. Being able to take classes for enhancement within your position is wonderful.
Co-workers
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Phila, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: student interation
Co-workers have positive attitudes and are team players. Most faculty members are cooperative which make job easier.
nice
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2014
A nice place to work. Makes you care about the patient. Changed my career because of Penn
Coordinator (Information Technology/Audio Visual) (Former Employee), PAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: near several good dining places
Cons: weather gets cold there
I loved it,The people were great...parking was the only obstacle

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Pennsylvania

The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, – Read more