University of Pennsylvania

University of Pennsylvania United States Employee Reviews

Fast-paced environment with client and program management opportunities
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Travel Opportunities, Good benefits
Cons: Poor management, Many extra hours required
Responsible for all logistical details and point of contact for executive education programs, including working closely with participants, vendors, faculty and international and domestic clients. I learned a lot about maintaining relationships and managing high expectations related to working with high-level executives and faculty. I was allowed to opportunity to travel to different areas both within the US and internationally to run programs with different clients, which required strong problem-solving skills, time management and relationship building.
Graduate Student
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia PAApril 15, 2015
I was a Chemistry graduate student at UPenn. I greatly enjoyed working with most of the people here and enjoyed the teaching aspect of my time there the most.
Intellectually stimulating and very rewarding work
Assistant Dean of Academic Advising (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2015
The University of Pennsylvania is a stimulating, challenging and rewarding place to work. In the office of Academic Advising, everyone, from the Assistant Deans to the administrative staff worked as a team to serve our students effectively. I loved working there but, after forty years, though it was time to move back home to Cape Cod and start a new life while I was still young enough to do so.
Have been gone a long time so not sure about the position...
LAN Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits, 401K, rather secure employment, laid back environment, friendly folks to work with and for.
Cons: Located in West Philadelphia which is high in crime at least when I was there.
Last I heard this job was consolidated with campus wide IT support. I had complete autonomy to getting work done. Individuals were very supportive.
high production lab
HT (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2015
a 24 hour operational lab that has a high output of work. I learned alot about IHC and staining. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the rare stains and learning the staining process.
Excellent work place, employee driven hours
Campus Events Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Employee driven hours
Cons: No benefits
A typical day is anything but typical! Duties range from meeting with clients to putting linen on tablecloths, but employees can make their own hours, which is very handy for students at a University. I learned how to manage my time, how to speak with clients, and some of the ins and outs of management. Management was wonderful, as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job varied from day to day, depending which shift I accepted. The most enjoyable part was without a doubt my co-workers. They made the day-to-day ridiculousness enjoyable.
Great school with great teachers
Student Leadership Positions (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: professors who were available
I enjoyed my time at Penn. I had professors who took the time to make sure I was well-taught and resourced. My professors were available via their personal cellphone numbers.
A great low stress environment
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
I had to opportunity to intern here a few summers back. Everyone is extremely welcoming and laid back. Coworkers regularly wore jeans and were close knit. Gave me the tools to tackle difficult projects and learn a wide variety of skills
English Department taught me how to be well rounded
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: loved the holiday parties
Cons: no cons
Answered phones, helped prepared coursed descriptions for students for each semester, accounts payable, travel for Professors, sort mail, duplication of confidential material.
Entrenched buzzword bingo specialists
Senior Business Systems Analyst/IT Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2015
...not accountable for any measurable deliverables. "What gets measured, gets done" does not apply. More like a quest to ever "leverage the value-add, aligning stakeholders with the strategic objectives of multi-embedded matrix synergies".

Definitely not an "industry" experience.
Excellent Benefits
Senior Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Benefits are extremely competitive with other Ivy league University's. It's difficult to advance as many people are lifers.
A Solid Place to work
Main Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2015
A great work life balance although compensation can be more competitive. The University offers a lot of support to its employees and career growth is likely but dependent on organization.
Good place
Programmer Analyst II (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Good place to work. The work environment is nice and friendly. There is a lot to learn in different areas.I really like working here
Wharton Executive Education
Senior Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia PAFebruary 9, 2015
This position provides an incredible opportunity to interact with amazing faculty and C suite executives from all over the world.
University of Pennsylvania
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2015
The University of Pennsylvania has a good Post Doctoral development program through the Biomedical Postdoc Program.
excellent learning environment and professional advancement opprotunities
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Penn is a great institution to work for with many opprotunities for professional advancement. I have gained a lot of professional experience at Penn and have been able to advance my career greatly.
Good college
Student (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2015
Ivy league college. Very good courses and many self-learning opportunities. Not very good focus on the Electrical department in terms of job opportunities.
Grad school is grad school
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Great team, intellectually stimulating, opportunities to work on a variety of projects and learn new skills. Sink or swim environment.
A friendly working enviroment for both researching and studying
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2015
A nice experience that allow me to practice my teaching skill and share my knowledge with other students.
Excellent place to work
Business Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: best place to learn
Cons: no cons. its a good place.
Fast paced but best place to learn. Co-workers very knowledgeable with lots of experience. Great place to attend classes at lunch time.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Pennsylvania

The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, – Read more

University of Pennsylvania Salaries