University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Employee Reviews

Outstanding Program tailored for working adults
Student (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2015
The University of Phoenix has a state of the art program to meet the needs and the demands of working adults. The classes are very intense and it is not a traditional school which allows more one on one with the instructor. There is no lectures based on the class sizes it is a interactive program and it is well worth the money spent on your degree. They do the work for you, you just have to show up for class.
Quartlerly meetings were very interesting.
Collector/VA Analyst (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Employees were able to attend the school.
Cons: No-cons this company was very advanced.
Collected on student loan balances.
Dropped schedules if necessary.
Learned if students were short on funds there were alternative loans available.
Experienced that some students needed to pay for classes they were completed with and they didn't know they owed so they had to be spoken with and it would be explained.
Co-workers were students as well and were always very helpful.
Learning about how financial aide assisted students to meeting their goals were impressive.
Great benefits
Admissions Advisor/Enrollment (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleJune 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, personal experience with students
Cons: instability of the industry
Good experience with UOP, great benefits, good work environment, not one day is the same and it is satisfying helping students achieve their goals
Good support of the administration
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2015
Grade institution to work for. Support All around. Good management and student population. Work is slowing down due to student population.
Positive Work Environment
Enrollment/Academic/New Student Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2015
Pros: Positive Work Environment, Education benefits
Cons: Lack of Advancement Options
Helping prospective students understand what UoPx has to offer, Managing 12 staff, being able to develop educationally
Good organization for experience and the industry
Enrollment Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, amount of PTO, Purpose of Role, Staff
Cons: Regulations within Roles, Lack of growth opportunities, Performance requirements without clarity
A typical day at University of Phoenix is spent on the phone working with current and potential students and helping them to reach their educational goals. A representative helps students to complete admissions applications and a manager assists, guides, and manages daily functions to meet business goals.

I learned some great skills in sales, lead base management, hiring, performance management, accountability, budgeting, conversational sales, time management, staff/employee development, and leadership skills.

Management is good; however, there is not much in place for development and progression. The management team does the best they can despite the difficulties with regulations and obstacles within the industry.

The hardest part of the job is not being in control of outcomes based on student retention and persistence.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with staff and students through points of progression in educations.
Low pay stressful job
Faculty Member (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJune 26, 2015
The expectations for adjunct faculty (which is pretty much all the faculty) is completely out of proportion to the pay scale. In addition, the undergraduate student body is overwhelmingly poorly prepared to succeed in college.
Education
Senior Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2015
Pros: Experience, people oriented, solution bases procedures
Cons: Downsizing of the company and emiminating of jobs.
University of Phoenix was a great experience for me. Not only did I familiarize myself with the enrollment skills, it gave me an opportunity to grow in the following areas: organization/customer service/problem solving and solution based selling.

I learned about different industries such as healthcare, information technology, business and human services. I grew to know the needs of these industries and the requirements for employment.

The most challenging but very interesting part of this job was helping people to overcome their fear of failure and their monetary concerns. These were the two major obstacles that we were faced with when enrolling new students.

My coworkers were great. They changed every year or so which gave me the opportunity to learn from and to teach different individuals. Regarding management, I was assigned 4 different managers and they all had different styles. This was good to experience.
Overall, a great place to work.
Academic Affairs Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: Busy and nice atmosphere
Cons: Sometimes overloaded, and felt pressure to get everyone accomplished.
I was mainly in charge of Human Resources and administrative duties at this branch, so my days were always busy, which I enjoyed. My boss and co-workers were supportive and we also managed to have a good time while working. The most difficult part of my job, was that sometimes I was bombarded by so many emails that needed immediate attention, and I sometimes did not have that much time in one day to get them all answered.
University of Phoenix
Workforce Management Analyst II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2015
Pros: Flexibility; good home/work balance
Cons: Benefits not great
Love my job at University of Phoenix and have been with the company for 8 years. However, I am looking for something that provides better pay and benefits.
Sales focused
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 24, 2015
Sales culture and heavily metrics focused. Quotas and heavy prospecting involved. Call center with over 100 dials per day expected.
Work Environment
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJune 24, 2015
University of Phoenix is known as the University of "Change", and that is exactly what they do. There is no future with this company and no consistency.
Productive workplace
Instructor/ Facilitator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2015
Pros: to many to list
Cons: none
The classes are only once a week and the workload is not intensive. The students are self driven and focused upon finishing and obtaining their degree so that they can go on with their life and become productive members of society.
Easy online classes
College student (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2015
Pros: Online and easy to follow
Cons: You don't see you financial aide check in your hand.
Phoenix has mad attending classes amazing. They work around my classes and my day yo day life events. I have learned a lot from this college such as law and how the system works/
Great company culture!
Senior Enrollment Advisor/Team Lead (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2015
Great people to work with both students and co-workers! Great educational benefits as well! The most enjoyable part is helping people change their lives, reach small goals en-route to a long-term goal.
Great place to work.
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
University of Phoenix is a great place to work however, you must be very driven to succeed in that environment. There are lots of opportunities for feedback of your work performance but understand it is a performance driven industry.
Glass Ceiling
Enrollment Department (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2015
Little room for growth. Great for entry level positions and recent college graduates. Great way to fine tune and polish interpersonal skills and learn corporate/ for-profit America.
The Best Company
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 22, 2015
Pros: Training opportunity and education for employees
This is the best company I have ever worked for. The company invest in their employees. Team atmosphere. I hate I had to relocate.
Senior Finance Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2015
My typical day was helping students with their plans to pay for school. The school was expensive but ethical. I enjoyed my co-workers and the culture.
Great place to work if you want to teach and work part-time
Online Faculty (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2015
Pros: Set my own schedule
Cons: Cannot teach more than 1 class per 5 weeks
I spend an hour a day working in my classroom, providing discussion , insight, activities and direction. There are many opportunities for workshops to improve skills, faculty meetings, social media platform and many other great tools.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

In 1976, Dr. John Sperling, a Cambridge-educated economist, saw an opportunity: to create an accredited academic institution that – Read more

University of Phoenix Salaries

$45,000 per year
Advisor
$43,000 per year

University of Phoenix Photos

Where I spent 1.8 months of my time.
Graduation 2013.  Enrollment and support staff.