University of Phoenix Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,190 reviews matching the search
Online
Faculty - online (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2016
I management my day according to my assignments.
With low enrollment, not receiving as much work.
There is a lot of turnover
Love it!!!
Lead Faculty / Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2016
Great people and wonderful work environment. Each class meets one night per week. Faculty training and support is provided year-round.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Night classes
Miserable job!
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2016
Typical day is calling people, trying to get them to go to or return to school. This was not a "let me help you" job, it was a sales position. Say whatever you need to so they will enroll. There was high pressure from the team lead as well as from management. Worst job I have ever had.
Pros
Team building, free lunch and break from the phone
Cons
Everything else
attended school
Student (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2016
Online studies for psychology, buisiness administration, lots of studying and interaction with classmates. Teachers were very helpful and worked closely with the students
Pros
ONLINE
Cons
N/A
Productive and fun workplace
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2016
Great vacation and strong leadership. Great benefits, healthcare, professional development and education benefits.
Going under
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 6, 2016
When I worked for UPX they were expanding all over the country. Now, just a few years later, they are closing campuses outside of Arizona left and right. There have been frequent lawsuits against the company for their business practices, and I have heard stories (can't verify to be certain) that some employers do not consider their degrees as being legit.

The staff at UPX were great professionals (at least at the campus where I worked). The problems stemmed from the home office in Arizona and the regional office in Kansas City. Frequent changes to business practices, refusal to adjusting schedules for both family issues (needing a parent home with a child) and for meeting academic needs (they pressure you to enroll in a degree program then refuse to adjust the work schedule so you can go to class), and lack of advancement opportunities are samplings of the plethora of issues at UPX.

Again I haven't work there in some time, but when I did it was not the best environment to work in. As I understand it now based on a couple friends I know working on a different campus, it's not much different there either.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
no flex scheduling, strict quodas, weak leadership
Constant change
Finance Advisor, Military Division (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
Every day is a learning experience. Grateful to have been educated on military processes which was an interesting and helpful tool to have. Received military certification to better serve the students. Constant change in the company so your days are always busy. Learning new things and taking on more responsibilities as needed.
fun place to work
Contact Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2016
On my first day of work i was treated really well they have a great training there also they work with your schedule.All of the managers are cool and you can grow in the company also
nice environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2016
very relaxed learning environment with students from all walks of life so teaching is never boring! Other instructors are willing to help and share their knowledge and they really care about the students. Class sizes are usually small which provides for a more intimate relationship between student and instructor
Advisor
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2016
Being in the military advisor was great and learned a lot from everyone. Spent many years in the military and would not take back the time.
Pros
Great Life
Cons
No cons at all
Great Benefits and perks
Senior Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2016
Provides a lot of different avenues for employees to seek. Great benefits and strongly encourage to attend the employee tuition program.
Daily dials as many as you can do in 8 hours.
Senior Enlrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2016
They are trying to change the culture, but lack real leadership. Employees want to do their best, but get the same watered down answer for every question. Good ppl, but flawed system.
Pros
work life balance
Sr. Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2016
Working with UOP for 10 years I've accomplished obtaining my Bachelors degree and halfway through my Masters. I enjoyed working alongside my fellow coworkers as we shared experiences, mentored and worked above and beyond what was asked of us. On the downside some of the mgmt played favoritism often, office politics was a regular conversation that worked against some of us. My last mgr asked us often on how to do things that she should already know, talked down to employees, and micro managed a tenured team who already had high scores on ethics, compliance and work mgmt. That was the hardest part of the job was dealing with bad mgmt, even when took to HR.
Pros
Benefits, Epic points, team volunteer outings, and appreciation days
Cons
short breaks, micro managing
Great place to work, but limited to no advancement opportunity
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2016
This company has been such a great part of my life and afforded me so many opportunities to learn and develop. The only downside is that there is little to no advancement due to the company's shrinking size.
Pros
Team Work and Collaboration
Cons
Advancement Opportunities
Expanding knowledge and overcoming
Student/Graduate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 11, 2016
It was an honor and a great experience at University of Phoenix Military friendly and very helpful in assisting students set a path for themselves.
Great Place to work
Academic Guidance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2016
It was a great place to work but unfortunately, there was not room for growth as enrollment numbers continued to drop and layoffs became more frequent.
College
Fulltime Student (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2016
I learned a lot while attending the University of Phoenix and would recommend the school to anyone who is a full time working parent wanting to complete their education.
Pros
Good classroom instruction
Cons
Long lengths of time obtaining responses from academic counselors, etc.
Not stressful, detail oriented
Financial Aid Certification Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2016
A typical day of work consists of processing files. My co-workers and manager were great and made going to work enjoyable. The job kept me busy but was not too stressful. The shift I had was flexible and I worked 4 10 hour days, which was nice.
Used to be a thriving and fun place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is staying positive during layoffs. Upper management and management could communicate more about changes. They should also be consistent when it comes to schedules or anything. Too much favoritism and no room for advancement unless you switch departments or leave the company.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No room for growth and no communication
fun and exciting work place
Student Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
open the school and help students with any and all issues that may have occurred within classes or any online issues. i have learned how to enroll students and managed the campus from open to close. the hardest part of the job was not having any assistance after a certain time of day. the most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience in helping others.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, vacations, employee events
Cons
more help in internal divisons