University of Phoenix Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,212 reviews matching the search
Easy work.
Sr. Military Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2016
Good people and simple work, life balance. Lots of free time and great benefits. Autonomy to conduct own business but there was leadership and guidance.
A hideous place to teach
Graduate School Professor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2016
No wonder UOP is dying.. they are a horrendous place to teach. Unimaginative ... and very negative Students and faculty are all unhappy

Courses are strict and managed by individuals who may not even have a teaching background
Online teaching
Online Adjunct Instructor- Psychology (Former Employee) –  onlineAugust 5, 2016
It was a pleasure working for the online teaching system of University of Phoenix. They provided excellent training prior to giving us our own class. There was also constant available support to guide the instructors. Additionally, they provided periodic training to ensure instructors remained abreast of current trends, etc...
Pros
Training
Cons
inconsistent positions
fun place to work productive
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 4, 2016
Phone calls making and receiving, setting appointment with students to help engage and progress towards their educational goals. Team managers were fun and attentive. Hardest part of the job is hearing rumors of layoffs and pushing for numbers when they tell you it is not a sales driven or numbers driven position. They did a lot of fun things for employees by providing cold beverages and popcorn during peak times on the phones.
Pros
schedule and lunch breaks
Cons
numbers driven, sales driven
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 2, 2016
Loved the family oriented environment! I would begin my day by ensuring that the students who were to begin classes were ready by calling them. After which a team meeting to ensure that everyone had the assistance needed for their day. The management supplied training and education to ensure my success on a daily basis. If for any reason I was unable to meet with a student my fellow teammate would fill in. The difficult part of the job was if a student was unable to attend school due to financial reasons.The most enjoyable part was seeing the students come in for class with a smile on their face and a determination in their hearts. Additionally, the another enjoyable moment was receiving phone calls from your students telling you how they are enjoying classes and the grades they receive.
Fun place to work, laid back but effective.
Campus Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 1, 2016
Opening the building, greeting students. Assisting with students. Setting up rental classrooms for rental clients.
School
Full time Student (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJuly 28, 2016
Its a good school - works well with working adults with full time jobs and families. It is well balanced.

Can be a little expensive
A great place to work at one time
Senior Academic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2016
Seems like employee's needs and interests are taking a back seat now. Morale at an all-time low when I left. A few really good folks in management roles; this is the exception, not the rule, however. Becoming more and more like a traditional call-center environment.
Pros
salary
Cons
uncertain future, call center-esque environment
Cubicle work but good culture on my team
Recruiter/Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 22, 2016
Managed account of students to call and continue to ask if they were ready to enroll in school, maintained files on currently enrolled students.
Academic very stimulating
Campus Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2016
Helping students to succeed in reaching their educational goals was very rewarding. UOP's ecampus platform and team learning assignments gave each student the knowledge needed in the work place today.
Pros
Academic culture very stimulating
Cons
Hours
Have Laptop Will Travel
Online Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2016
My moto while working as an online facilitator with the University of Phoenix was "Have Laptop Will Travel". This was the perfect teaching experience due to it flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Loss of enrollment limited classes offer to me.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 18, 2016
The campus where I taught was not in a good part of town, so working until late at night was a little scary. The classes were great. The students for the most part wanted to be there, so they worked hard. It did not take long to determine the students who were just trying to collect their financial aid check. There was so issue with one of the administrators that I worked under. After this administrator came into power, I left because too much was required of an adjunct professor in terms of attending faculty meetings, etc. They did not pay me enough as an adjunct to treat me like a full time professor and require me to attend meetings every month.
Great memories
Senior Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2016
This place made me love to work in the Education Industry! Great People, Great leaders. A lot of the people that started here now are great leaders in other Universities.
Pros
This is Where it all started
Cons
The leadership
ENROLLMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 12, 2016
The environment was in contrary to what training portrayed it to be. In training they stated you can't get fired due to numbers but once you got on the floor the managers were informing the employees that if the production rates (numbers) were not high then you could be penalized for it and reprimanded. There was no security with this job and extremely stressful. You had to enroll students that clearly stated they were financially in a bind and if there was no indication on the conversation that you tried to get them to sign up anyways it was not deemed a good call.
The environment was a lot of pressure and did not work for someone with a family.
The only great thing about this job was it paid well but I learned my lesson that getting paid well does not mean you will be happy with your job.
Great Place to teach
Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2016
Great University and place to work. Encourage anyone looking for the degree or the teaching opportunity to look at UoP.
Operations
Campus Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 7, 2016
A great group to be involved with. Team concept is the most enjoyable part of the job. Everyone is always willing to help one another for the betterment and achievement of not just work goals but personal growth and development. Very positive environment.
Pros
Always striving to be the best through positive reenforcement.
Cons
No cons.
Terrible Environment
Senior Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
University of Phoenix was a soul-crushing experience. The campuses were ALWAYS in a battle with the corporate office and management ran scared and consistently hung their employees out to dry.
Pros
Free tuition IF you go to University of Phoenix
Cons
Management was full to the brim with excrement.
Had its moments
Military Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
University of Phoenix was going through some very rough times during my brief tenure. With this in mind the five layoffs within my 2 and half years made working there very frustrating and hard to be positive about what we did.
The management team I had was top notch for the first level and seemed to start to dip after them. People are in place in position that are hardly ready for. But years of experience with the company has aligned these people to be your leaders.
In time I hope University of Phoenix finds itself again and begins to function at a level near at what it once did.
Productive and fast paced environment
Enrollment Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of greeting my team and reviewing their current student load and planning the next steps for the day.

Student retention was a top priority and it was vital for my team to know and understand the tools available to them to assist their students.

My co-workers were absolutely wonderful to work with. They also had teams to manage and best practices were often shared, creating a supporting culture and environment.
Pros
Rewarding to work in a team environment and assist students with their educational goals.
Not bad but getting worse
Academic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2016
This place used to be a great place to work, but now not so much. As UOP has contracted, it has become harder and harder to advance and grow in your career.
Pros
Disc golf course, and coworkers
Cons
contracting environment, lack of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Phoenix. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Phoenix Reviews by Location