1.1K reviews

University of Phoenix Employee Reviews

Found 1,139 reviews matching the search
Retroactively Terminated
College Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2013
After teaching more than 60 classes over 4 years, I stopped receiving requests to teach more courses at the University of Phoenix online. In addition, they sent me notices that future classes I was scheduled to teach were cancelled. After a month making numerous phone and written inquiries, I was told by email that I was now terminated because my Educational and Work Experience no longer met their criteria. They apparently made this decision in early January while I was simultaneously teaching 2 online classes and one on campus class. I was fired retroactively in late January, yet they never bothered to explain the circumstances to me. My peer and student reviews were excellent, usually around 9.5 on a 10 point scale. This termination wasn't for cause or poor performance. They did not specify what was now missing (after 4 years) from my resume, work history, and academic record that no longer qualifies me to teach there. When I was hired, my resume, undergraduate, and graduate school transcripts were confirmed and found completely acceptable. My termination only applies now to the online courses I was teaching (online and on campus are separate divisions within the parent company, Apollo Group Inc.). I am still on the brick and mortar payroll and teach on campus, yet now feel like just a temp employee. I expect that after my next "Content Area Review" concerning my academic and professional experience outside University of Phoenix, my final on campus termination will be forthcoming.

In addition, only after repeated phone calls and emails, it takes two to three months for simple
  more... expense reimbursements to be processed. Several instructors told me this is standard operating procedure. They wear you out and hope you give up asking and eventually stop submitting expense forms.

Open enrollment creates a student body with a range of writing, reading and study skills far below standard college level. If you are a student, don't depend on your cohorts to proof read your papers. They might write worse than you.

Do not consider working for University of Phoenix or any subsidiary of Apollo Group Inc.. This is just a for profit corporation dressed up as an academic institution. Their profit motive is more important than creating a good working or learning environment.
Pros
smart and nice teaching colleagues
Cons
employment can be terminated just by a lack of class solicitations, repeated course "cancellation" emails may also indicate termination, employees must ask repeatedly for hr clarifications, unless he insists on an answer he will not know why has stopped working, expense reimbursements take 2 to 3 months
Good entry level job, free education
Student Admissions Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2015
It's a great company to gain a diverse set of skills ranging from information technology, customer service, the general college admissions process and how college accreditation and evaluation is done. But the pay is verifably low compared to similar institutions.

There are many positives including a good team atmosphere, great coworkers who are genuinely dedicated to improving processes and helping students attain their goals, and managers who are interested in employee engagement and development.

Managers are generally flexible with regards to scheudling time-off and employees are endowed with a generous PTO accrual which goes up yearly. And you get free tuition on an associates degree and bachelors degree, and almost free tuition on advanced degree programs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having a flexible schedule in terms of shift times, breaks and lunches - although it is rather bizarre to require salaried employees to clock in and out for shifts, breaks and lunches.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with a great amount of ambiguity - the training and leadership teams try hard to cover scenarios, but the nature of having rigid policies against a wide range of student conditions means that judgement calls often have to be made that can sometimes result in errors. Maangement is rather inflexible when employees reason towards why a decision was made that was ultimately ruled to be erroneous.

Even though many managers are flexible, there are a decent mix which either don't appear to care for their jobs and leave employees hanging, or lack intuitive
  more... management experience and go straight to micromanaging, leading to lower productivity and lower employee morale. This micromanagement regime originates at the top with directors who do not appear to understand what it is exactly that employees do day to day, blaming employees first for processes which were flawed from the beginning without input from those doing the job.

Possibly the worst part of the job is the crony-ism that develops between leadership of departments and vendors. Friends only hire friends - so merit based promotions are tenuous at best and the software developed in house is riddles with bugs (try clocking in and out for lunch, I bet you can't because it's down again).
Pros
Flexible scheduling, generous vacation time, free education
Cons
terrible software and machines - inability to get work done on them; top-down micromanagement, lack of employee input on processes.
teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2012
The University of Phoenix is the largest provider of on-line education in the world. In addition, they do have campus based classes, but I was not involved in this aspect of their business. Courses lasted nine weeks; and I would usually have duplicate classes at the same time then mid-way through (five weeks), I would rotate in two additional and identical classes. Thus, I would teach four or more classes at any given time. There were class discussions for credit. Students would submit papers, private questions, and exams in a private forum that I had with each student.

PROS:
- can work hours as convenient to each individual
- I believe that a student gets as much out of any school as they are willing to invest their time and interest
- the vast majority of students are: prepared, willing to work, and believe that they are in school to get an education
- when I attended graduations, I felt a great sense of pride for the graduates and speakers were most enthusiastic.
- the courses that I taught were most interesting and exciting to instruct
- I was able to use my education and vast business experience to personalize situations, make the classes more interesting, and enhance the offering to each student
- as needed, I enjoyed telephone conversations with students that either party could always initiate
- at the beginning, I needed technical support from the school; and they were always available and willing to help me with all needed as needed.
- being that I lived in Phoenix, I was invited to forums and discussions for teachers that were on sight.

CONS:
- incosistent supervision
  more...
- very little positive feedback
- tremendous pressure to pass students
- students are oversold by salespeople and a minority have far greater expectations as to what they will be given and believe that they are being overworked
- a minority of students are only there to be "given" a diploma, which they feel is a magic wand to higher pay. They are not willing to do work as required to get the education that they need.
- spelling (eg. "to", "too", "two" AND "then" and "than" ) grammar, and use of the English language makes a minority of work unintelligible
- prejudice students, who make comments that are offensive to other students.
Pros
flexible use of my time
Cons
no benefits, minimal supervision when needed at the beginning, pressure to pass students.
University of Phoenix Overview
Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2013
I have had the opportunity to work in multiple roles at the University of Phoenix. I have experienced both the joys and frustrations of an ever changing organization.

My current role at the Univesity of Phoenix allows me to work directly with students. My responsibilities include proactively contacting students, ensuring students are progressing through their degree program, and providing support and encouragement.

In my tenure with the University, I have learened a multitude of skill sets. The one skill set that I hold most important is perspective One must always remove themselves from any situation and look at it from multiple perspectives. By doing so, one will be able to gain a better understanding of the "why" behind any initiative.

Management at the University of Phoenix, especially middle management, is a challenge. With such a large organization, there are times when changes are made without the proper perspective needed. Although executive management does interact with the entire organziation, the feedback provided is never implemented. This lack of implementation can create frustration.

My co-workers work as a team. We support one another as the University continues to evolve. Challenges always arise. However, I would say that everyone supports one another overall.

The hardest part of my current position is the constant change. The University of Phoenix is continually looking for way to provide students with an exceptional student experience. The challenge with the constant change is that the University is not provided enough time to adapt to the change. It feels
  more... as if once a change is beginning to take roots, another initiative is introduced.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people. As I stated earlier, I have had the opportunity to work in multipe roles at the Unvierstiy of Phoenix. In each role I have held, working directly with people has been my passion. The ability to have an impact in someone else's life is something that I look forward to each day.
Pros
free tuition, benefits, 401k
Cons
out-dated support tasks
Would happily go back
Finance (Former Employee) –  MidwestMarch 27, 2012
There is a big downfall, the expectations can be demanding, but when I worked there salary employees weren't expected to work more than 40 hours (which is great if you were meeting your goals), the culture was pretty inclusive. I did see people get promoted who deserved it. Paychecks weren't great in finance or academics, but enrollement (which is like sales and is at ALLLLLL schools) was much better, and as much as people can try to claim, it was done legally.

The worst thing about being there is the bad rap from former students and employees who all shouldn't have been there in the first place. Yes, you will deal with office politics and expectations that seem extreme at times, but the HR dept was easy to work with, you gained great relationships with staff and students, and at least in the region I worked, business practices had a high integrity.

I will say that there is some improvement needed with staff training, any bad rap is due to that, or those who just don't care. It's a large organization with high expectations for their staff and students and rather progressive when you think about it. When I started online courses in 2004 people thought I was nuts, now can you name many schools that don't offer it?

And if the office culture wasn't to someone's expectations, I MISS the benefits! Cheapest and best health insurance I ever had (and I work in healthcare now for another large organization), fantastic vacation time, and free tuition. So where the pitfalls are, there is the flip side.

If you don't want to be held to certain expectations, don't work here. People who
  more... want to be at UOP do enjoy it and even after 4 years away I still have friends who still work there and put up with the negative people because there are more positives than negatives, which seems hard to come by these days.  less
Pros
vacation time, free tuition, clear expectations
Cons
demanding job at times
Numerous Requirements, Little Pay
ONLINE INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  CADecember 8, 2014
UOP has a very strict time schedule for faculty. They do not care if their site is having issues, or if there is a power outage at your home, there is no forgiveness if feedback is even one minute late. If you become ill and can not go into your classroom for two or three days, you may be fired. They have very unrealistic guidelines for course approval. They want the faculty to be well rounded and an expert on a topic, but the person who qualifies the faculty for those positions, does not understand that in management, you are often responsible for many components, all of which make the faculty member very qualified to teach. I always find it ironic that your teaching experience at UOP does not count toward your experience. This said, how do they qualify their faculty who teach education. They teach for UOP, but it "does not count". They may not give you a class for months, then you are suppose to be able to jump right in there, in an efficient manner and perform as though you do the job every day. They need improvements and I am hopeful the new president will take a good look at all these issues. They rely heavily on your work experience, but it is not enough when having classroom discussions or providing feedback. Instead, you are to copy quotes from the weekly reading and/or include additional material, which has been found online. I think adding websites is a nice add, but should not be required for feedback. The time commitment averages the pay out to about $10/hr. Why am I still there? I enjoy teaching, that is the only reason; working from anywhere helps greatly.
Pros
allows students in remote areas, or those with work and family to earn a college degree.
Cons
low pay, inconsistant work
Adjunct Professional
Online Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2014
Apply adult learning theory and practices by providing training needs and career development. Evaluate current curriculum and improve high quality courses or workshops for students and faculty. Facilitate training and development, coordinate classroom-set up, organizing course materials, coordinating course assessments and facilitating course activities. Plans, designs, acquire, documents, implements, and monitoring electronic information. I identify needed competencies for learning online, continued education, and assess learning and development needs by assigning developmental assignments or workshops, mentoring and coaching.
Utilize effective formatting and message presentation techniques for GEN 195/200 Fundamentals for General Education and Professional Success for undergraduate students. Reinforce effective online classroom management techniques. Discuss the faculty and student requirements for substantive classroom participation.
Provide feedback and guidance to students throughout their experience while meeting Online requirements. Discuss plagiarism guidelines, effective writing, conflict management and resolution, online tone and etiquette, mapping goals testing and measurements, ethics in the classroom, grading policies and student participation requirements. Determine monitoring and feedback strategies for Groups or Learning Teams. Provide leadership development in order to create effective learning teams. This general education course is designed to introduce the intentional learner to communication, collaboration, information utilization, critical thinking, problem
  more... solving and professional competence and values. The course uses an interdisciplinary approach for the learner to develop personal, academic strategies in order to reach desired goals and achieve academic success.
Hardest part of teaching online is the challenges of different time zones and language barriers. Most of the time work is carried out indepently. What I enjoy the most about this position is the personal and professional growth that is developed at the end of the course. It's refreshing and rewarding. Enjoy seeing others reach their full potential.
Southern California Market
Regional Workforce Solutions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CAJanuary 14, 2014
Even as my role changed frequently the end game was always the same. My job in business development for the University of Phoenix was heavily focused on obtaining, developing and retaining top clientele with a relationship based sales approach. On a typical day you could find me meeting with HR/SVP's/Executives at large (Boeing, Northrop Grumman), mid (Skechers, Fresh & Easy) and smaller (City of Long Beach) to develop tailored educational products designed to increase employee skill sets and develop future organizational leaders. Communication, persistence and constant follow up were a vital key to my success as both my personal and teams book of businesses spoke for themselves. The hardest part of the job for me was finding enough time in the day to give each client the level of service that I felt they deserved. As my business grew to over 35 clients from every industry imaginable it became cumbersome to keep up with the latest and greatest information for each entity. Due to changes in the for-profit education sector and decreased enrollments into these institutions our team played a vital role in creating new revenue streams for the organization. Nationwide our team delivered over 646 million dollars in revenue from new contracts and the delivery of additional products to existing customers.
Pros
volunteer days
Cons
no clear direction and frequent changes in top level leadership.
Rewarding job
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2015
Dealt one on one with prospective students in getting them into the appropriated degree related couse of study based on the student's description during the interview process. Following up on students currently enrolled to ensure their educational experience is a rewarding one. Provided educational, financial and long term goals information. Developed a strong relationship with the student to allow them to contact me whenever they have an issue or just need some advice.
I learned that every student is different and the only way to know what each one needs is to listen intently and allow them to let you know why they want to get into that particular catagory.
The last manager that i had worked very close to all of her representatives assigned to her and made sure that all of their training was up to date.
I work very well with all of my co-workers. Getting to know each of them, what they like/don't like/ their interests, their families allowed me to develop a very close bond with all of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was having to tell someone that they didn't qualify financially for school and will have to find another way to fund their education.
The more enjoyable part of my job was receiving an invitation to a student's graduation with a letter indicating that if it weren't for you i would have never gone to school, much less finished school and i would like for you to be there when i walk across the stage and get my diploma.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive pay, great work hours
Cons
To many re-organization of employees
Continually offered opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Also, asked for feedback and implemented suggested as warranted.
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2012
My typical work day included interaction with leadership, peers, students, and faculty. This interaction helped me encourage others in their role as they encouraged me. I was able to affect the life of others by helping students overcome some of life's challenges and realize that their dreams are attainable. I also acted as an intermediary or agent between management and staff because of my ability to understand what each party was trying to say and positively relay it to the other party, ensuring that each party is heard and understood. Instructors often came to me with student or academic issues which I took to the appropriate department or manager to resolve the issues. Regional and national leadership also sought my feedback on numerous occasions. The hardest part of my job was to fulfill a performance matrix while maintaining a standard that the students are met. The student didn't always get the answer he or she wanted but they received the truth and all the effort that goes with getting the issue resolved. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with everyone who was part of my world at University of Phoenix and the realization that they trusted and respected me.
Pros
opportunity to meet and interact with regional and national leadership, my feedback having an impact, ability to make a difference
Cons
i didn't always appreciate some fiscal decisions, desired a better balance between playing games and performance expections.
University of Phoenix
Executive Enrollment Advisor and Manager I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work was easy and stress free. The prospecting students were mostly easy to talk to and interested in what UOPX has to offer. The job entails talking to students, offering programs, and helping them through the enrollment process. Employees get along well and are more than willing to help each other. The University is held to standards and compliance by government agencies such as board of education and those on the hill whom want to set higher standards and restrictions on for-profit schools. UOPX is a great place for the grown adult to further their education and achieve their career goals. I started there with no degree and was able to finish my Masters degree while working and taking care of 2 children. I was able learn how to work self paced, communicate and build rapport with students, and use several systems to manage and record student records. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if you were going to stay employed for very long. Over the past few years the governments push on for profit schools has set the stage for lay-offs, fewer student enrollment, and so many changes internally that employees were always left wondering when the ship was going to sink. Overall I enjoyed my position with UOPX and salaries and benefits were very good.
Pros
Decent benefits and Salaries, Helping students
Cons
Lay-offs, So many internal changes, government attacks on for-profit schools
Valuing Education
Senior Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2013
This position entails a great deal of multitasking, problem-solving skills and a passion for the value of education.

A Senior Academic Counselor is responsible for roughly 500 students and their educational path through their degree program. Each day involves new instances and situational challenges to overcome with students. Most of they day is spent on emails, on the phone and reviewing policies and changes set forth by the University.

I have learned a great deal about allocating time to incorporate the many daily duties, ensuring all tasks can be done to the best of ability and efficiency. I have learned how to grow and adapt with a company and their ever-growing initiatives. I have also developed leadership skills that have allowed me to succeed and lead others with confidence.

Counselors work on teams of roughly 10 people under the Management of one along with the finance manager and finance counselors.

The most difficult part of the job is having more students than comfortable at some times. Some accounts and students cause students to require more attention, but sometimes the amount of work does not allow attention to the capacity one desires.

The most enjoyable part of my job is finding a challenge and utilizing every resource and previous experience to find the most effective solution for the student. When a problem is solved after diligence and problem solving, the appreciation and gratitude from the student is extremely rewarding.
Pros
develops my leadership skills
Cons
heavy student load
A good job but not a career
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 25, 2014
Things change from day to another and upper management does not have a clear direction. The heyday of for profit education is over and now they are creating a niche instead of leading an industry and this has reflected on the work environment. University of Phoenix is publicly traded and they seem to be more interested in their stock holders than their students and employees. This is a fine job but do not expect it to be a career as there is no advancement.

My direct managers were some of the best people I've ever met as well as my co-workers. They focus on hiring well intentioned people and this has served them well. This is a fine school for people that simply cannot attend a traditional classroom but it is sold as a good fit for everyone, when it simply is not. I would certainly recommend a traditional classroom whenever possible.

The hardest part of the job is working with people that are not ready for school. Many people are eligible for grant money, and they know it, and they take advantage of this, which is frustrating. Others, are just not ready for college and would be better suited spending less money at a community college. Many little to no basic reading and writing skills and have almost no chance to succeed in an online environment. The success rate in general is very low.

The most enjoyable is the people in the office. 90% of the people I met at UOP are good people.
Pros
work/life balance, environment
Cons
no direction from upper management, working with people not ready for college, no opportunity for advancement
Productive and knowledgeable work atmosphere
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 16, 2012
I learned a variety of information about education. The culture was different in a positive aspect from what I was use to in past jobs. I learned about: different educational programs, motivating students in continuing their eduacation, being a role model, financial aid, grants and loans, and using colloboratiion with academic and finance couselors to enroll students.

The start of where I was trained with management was of high values and then changes got implemented.

The co-workers were one of the best I have worked with. All of the co-workers that I worked with were helpful and showed continuous networking tactics to come together as one team for the best interest for our students.

The hardest part was at times trying to retain some students that felt going back to college was not for them. I've learned to show them tools that would help them through their educational journey. When all failed I backed off and just continued to reach out to them bi-weekly and monthly to help keep them encouraged. I would not call this a hard part, just challenging. Continuing education is not for everyone.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the continuous knowledge that was taught to us as enrollment counselors. Along with the co-workers that were always willing and able to share their networking tactics. This was a wonderful working enviorment. As enrollment couselors we had off work sites where we had fun days and long extended lunches.

Team was a postive aspect of this company.
Pros
team work
Cons
nothing to say
Large responsibilities but great staff to work with
Enrollment Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2016
• Make use of key performance indicators (KPI) in analyzing activity and outcomes from the previous weeks performance expectations
• Systematically evaluate former and current student start dates for each cohort to ensure that student preparation occurred properly
• Discuss potential weekly outcomes with each employee, and assess the previous week’s staffing for each individual based on attendance, activity, and outcomes
• Capitalize technical proficiency in utilizing client relationship management (CRM) database in overseeing day-to-day operations
• Work closely with senior leader to discuss the previous week outcome, upcoming projections, as well as the future company and divisional training
• Present updates to the leadership regarding development trainings for the college, including new hire, mentor training, and peer-to-peer coaching, which includes measured results and overall effectiveness of the initiatives
• Expertly institute a strategic training plan for each individual with weekly checkpoints including one-on-one meeting with employees, outcome reviews, and recorded conversation reviews in order to design suitable individual plan for each employee
• Determine logistical challenges and disseminate updates by interviewing potential employees and cross-functional departments
I enjoyed my co-workers as they were some of the best group of managers who worked under very difficult and changing expectations
Pros
Working with a great group of employees
Cons
the Long hours to get the ob done
The Only Advancement is Out the Door
Doctoral Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2014
The best feature about working at UOPX is leaving at the end of the day and the friends you meet.
The Job/Life Balance would be great if the company considered people that have a life outside of work. When I left, the hours were changing and people had to move shifts- despite seniority. If you're doing well and bringing in students your shift may still get changed.
Compensation and Benefits is fair compared to the responsibilities you do. However, with comparison to the looming layoffs and the terrible management . . .the rating begins to shift.
Speaking of management- the people are just as depressed and wary of their positions as the next person. They are the middle-man when it comes to delivering bad news and trying to make the layoffs appear to be a good thing. Hard to twist a beheading into a good thing.
Culture is depressing and looming. It's hard to see your friends leave with no choice of their own despite how much they dedicated. In fact, it was turning into a dog-eat-dog environment as I left. If you suck up to the management it is still no use for avoiding your impending layoff.
I'm glad I'm out. It is a twisted and terrible company. I feel for the students that get their degree from here and even worse for the people that will stay here until they are walked out.
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything else . . .
I love school, so I loved watching students grow and achive more than they, initially, thought they we're capable of
Senior Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2014
I loved the environment. As a former student, I had a unique insight into a students perspective. Most of my students were going to school online, because it was the only way they could physically do it. My student base consisted mostly older students returning back to finish college after life through them a curve, and all I did was walk them through the fear. The only way to truly fail is to not attempt.
I learned more from my students than they did from me. The bright shining stars that motivated me, both professionally and personally, were the single mother's who worked full time, raising children, and pulling a full academic course load. These women impressed me and comprised about 75% of my core graduates. The idea that they could handle everything on their plate, still form complete sentences, and not kill someone gave me a new perspective on what strength is.
Eighty percent of my job was selling students on themselves, doing some life counseling and coaching, and twenty percent of my time with them was spent on academic, logistical solutions.
Pros
watching my student's grow, graduate, and believe in themselves.
Cons
all corporate america has it's cons. getting to attached to students. working too much.
Wonderful professionals to work with loved helping people pursue their educational goals.
Senior Military Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 26, 2015
I enjoyed working at the University of Phoenix. I would like to start by expressing the gratitude I have for being able to have established peer relationships with the finest group of professionals.The University of Phoenix when I joined had strong impact in the local community offering evening campus courses. As the years passed it was evident that online was going to be their primary focus and unfortunately in our region the community is not ready for online. Work/ life balance is difficult to achieve if you are not operating on an 8am to 5pm schedule and as a single parent that would be a tremendous benefit. The compensation is good as well as the benefits. Unfortunately with the company unsure of what direction to take in regards to the educational needs of the area, marketing began to cut back on billboard and radio advertising. For the last two years layoffs are a sure thing once a year and job security is not very certain. Management is quick to implement corporate change and they tend to neglect the employee since they too are uncertain of corporate direction. Overall the job is good and offers a lot of expertise in higher education.A strong stepping stone.
Working at the University of Phoenix was truly an amazing opportunity for me to sharpen my skills as a dynamic facilitator.
Learning Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2012
A typical day as a Learnng Facilitator was extremely busy, yet fufilling. Every three weeks, a brand new class of new hires were onboarded and needed to be trained. I trained more than 25 of these classes, with each class containing any where from 1 to 15 adult learners. I was the learners acting manager until they completed the three week, on the job training with me. I conducted daily coaching sessions with each of my learners, as well as assessments to measure the level of learning. I developed close relationships with our customers, which were managers, to ensure the transistion from training to their permanant position as an academic counselor was a smooth one. Once the training class was complete, I remained in contact with my trainees, conducting several gap analysis to improve the training department and my training techniques. I also conducted surveys and used that feedback to bolster our learning environment.
The best part about my position was seeing the confidence of my trainees increase. There's nothing better than seeing the light go off in a learner! I love it!
Pros
wonderful co-workers, benefits, flexible schedule, work/life/balance
Cons
very little chance for advancement in the training department
Overall, no problem working there.. plus they did have a ping pong table
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2015
Log in to your phone, set your day up by reviewing your daily calendar for appointments and potential walk-to-classes, insure the enrolled students are in the proper courses before class begins. Make 50-100 dials to prospective student in your database, attend weekly team meetings for Company updates. I learned to keep your nose to the grindstone and ask questions as opposed to assuming that you know all the answers. My co-workers were amazing, they made the day go by quickly made the environment fun and we were a very close-knit team. The hardest part of my day was keeping busy towards the end if you were on a lower tier, you'd get less calls (which i never was) and if you'd taken time off you'd be inundated with lots of calls to bring you up to your cap. The most enjoyable part of my date was catching up with perspective students whom have been out of touch but were now reaching out because they were now ready to become a "Phoenix"..most touching.
Pros
Very relaxed work environment
Cons
If you do what you're supposed to do and keep the conversations simple, there's really no problem