University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Employer Reviews

The largest online university in the nation offering undergraduate degrees
Instructor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Pros: the largest online university offering undergraduate degrees in the united states
Cons: the university is experiencing tremendous attrition rates
I no longer work for Phoenix University due to the excessive student attrition rates, where I routinely would lose over 40% of the students enrolled by the end of week two of a nine week course. The lack of support for the students, and the ongoing issues and problems identified by my students could no longer be ignored, where I questioned as to whether – more... the number of students who were expected to drop or fail the classes I instructed were a component of the universities business model. I will forever be grateful for the training and opportunity to lean and teach my first online course with the University of Phoenix, however, I could no longer ignore the consistent, ongoing problems being faced by my students. – less
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management
Teaching is/was my passion. I was one of the pilot instructors for the online university at the University of Phoenix. Hours were flexible, I enjoyed class preparation, facilitation and interacting with the students online. I also enjoyed the flexibility, as I was able to work from anywhere and teach my classes.
Great students and flexible hours
Faculty Member (Current Employee), Braintree, MAApril 12, 2014
The best part about working at University of Phoenix is the students. They are all eager to learn and work as hard as possible. It is also very flexible in terms of the classes and hours you work.
A enthusiastic environment
Student Service Coordinator (Former Employee), lathrop,caApril 12, 2014
I was responsible for the wellbeing of the students in assigned campus.
Ensuring all classrooms prepped and computers ready for professors use.
Helping new students adjust to new and different settings
Making sure each student maintains a positive attitude.
I would do campus rounds and close the university at the end of the day.
I also worked very close – more... with the onsite security guard. – less
Good 2nd job.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 10, 2014
Good 2nd job. Great pay and benefits.

I learn a lot about statistics from teaching. The most enjoyable part is watching students excel.
Excellent flexibility in the Online Environment.
Online Instructor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: none.
Corporate relocation from IL to CA with my family allowed me to not skip a beat with teaching online courses in Health & Wellness, Nutrition and Physical Education. The freedom of the online courses reaches beyond the classroom local boundaries and creates an exciting, diverse culture!
Wonderful corporation to work for. They genuinely care about their associates.
Facilitator (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Wonderful co-workers. DAA is very thorough and cares about his students and facilitators.
Great Organization but limited Growth
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2014
I enjoyed my years at UOP. I enjoyed working with the beset group of individuals, great place to start a career. The reason I left was growth was limited despite performing beyond expectations.
Great Culture with great people
Academic Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2014
This is a great company to work for and has a great balance of how to effect work and home life. It is hard to continue because of the lack of progression. There is no movement higher into the company. The hardest part is knowing that even if you continue to do well with the company you will not be able to move forward.
Director, Program/Project Management (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2014
I've been with the company for over 10 years; it's a great place to work.
Fun place to work
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2014
UOPX is a great place to work. Management was really good and offered any assistance they can. Most enjoyable part of working here is helping student from the start of their education to graduation.
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 3, 2014
Generate new leads and business development; while enrolling our students into Undergraduate Programs at UPX.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: n/a
The unique value of this company is work-to-life balance. For any parent we know that our days are unpredictable. In my experience, when I needed to be late for work, due to illness of a child, hours could be made up and not counted against you. In the past, time clocks were unnecessary - now they are required but most supervisors are willing to extend – more... privileges providing you prove yourself as a conscience worker. Not many companies, in my opinion and past experience, provide this acceptance.

What I've learned is that too many people are quick to take advantage of an employer's generosity which makes things difficult for those of us who work with loyalty. That's also the hardest part of the job. Growth within the company is there for you if you strive to improve. – less
Great people to work with
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 2, 2014
Great people to work with, great salary however no commission structure. Great management.
Criminal Justice-Associates Program
Criminal Justice (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2014
Pros: unlimited resources to work with
Cons: student loan to repay at the end of course program
Responsible for learning and contributing toward daily online classes. Time management required to be successful in program and achieve class credits toward major. Self discipline to review, research and apply oneself the knowledge obtained and relayed within specific guidelines set by University and/or Professor.
Productive and exciting
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2014
Pros: you can meet new people, share your knowledge with others while enhancing and increasing your own knowledge base.
Cons: not enough soliciatations to teach
Challenging but fulfilling place to work if you love people and have a passion to help and share your skills with others.
Too much marketing - even to teachers!
Adjunct Faculty Member (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2014
Pros: online courses offered
Cons: focus is on how fast you can get your degree and how fast they get paid
Although UOP offers a wide variety of courses to students to earn their degree, they are too focused on the money aspect of the school. They are constantly marketing to get new students (even emails sent to teachers!) and have over the years tarnished the online degree outlook. They need to focus more on the students and not just how fast you can get – more... the degree. – less
My review of UOP
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2014
I had a great experience at the University of Phoenix. I learned a lot from a lot of diverse people and feel that it has played a major part in who I am today.
Working hours
Undergraduate Mathematics Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2014
A job with University of Phoenix easily fits into a busy schedule of work.
Enjoyable place to work to get veterans in school.
Military Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2014
An enjoyable job in which I can help veterans understand their education benefits and assist them in getting back into school and finishing their degrees.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Online is the online division of University of Phoenix, Inc., which is an accredited, private institution – Read more