University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Employer Reviews

Job security is not what it used to be.
Campus Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2015
Campuses are closing. Not good. There is no job security here. Management is sub par. It is a school, but runs more like a corporation. Profits over people.
Exciting, professional environment to work in.
Online Facilitator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Professional, exciting environment
Cons: Very low pay for the amount of work I do.
I have been working at UOP for over 5 years and completely love it. It is a per Diem position, meaning you only get paid for the classes you teach. However, the job itself is exciting and rewarding. You get to work with professionals from around the world in a flexible environment. UOP has a tremendous amount of resources available for both faculty and students. It runs like a well oiled machine. The pay is really poor, though. I only make a little over $1,000 for every five week class I teach. This is not a full time position.
Very good program diversity.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2015
Pros: The most difficult part of the job is motivating unmotivated students.
Cons: The most rewarding is imparting knowledge & skills to young minds.
Very good educational organization. I teach multiple classes (economics, finance, strategic management & critical thinking) on ground & work with a good staff of professors & support personnel. The school provides strong support & tools for the professors to accomplish their teaching assignments.
Wonderful professionals to work with loved helping people pursue their educational goals.
Senior Military Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 26, 2015
I enjoyed working at the University of Phoenix. I would like to start by expressing the gratitude I have for being able to have established peer relationships with the finest group of professionals.The University of Phoenix when I joined had strong impact in the local community offering evening campus courses. As the years passed it was evident that online was going to be their primary focus and unfortunately in our region the community is not ready for online. Work/ life balance is difficult to achieve if you are not operating on an 8am to 5pm schedule and as a single parent that would be a tremendous benefit. The compensation is good as well as the benefits. Unfortunately with the company unsure of what direction to take in regards to the educational needs of the area, marketing began to cut back on billboard and radio advertising. For the last two years layoffs are a sure thing once a year and job security is not very certain. Management is quick to implement corporate change and they tend to neglect the employee since they too are uncertain of corporate direction. Overall the job is good and offers a lot of expertise in higher education.A strong stepping stone.
Excellent Training and Very Good Professional Environment
Senior Advisor/Team Lead (Former Employee), Houston.TXMarch 26, 2015
The school provided excellent training that can be used in any sector. Very professional environment and drilled the importance of being organized and setting goals. My co-workers were great to work with and environment was family oriented. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the downturn and having very limited opportunities for promotion. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people I advised reaching their goals and establishing relationships with various companies and organizations in external meetings.
Full time student
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2015
Great college and would recommend the University to others. They are pleasant to work with (University staff). I did get the chance to learn through the courses and with teams of individuals from around the United States. It was an interesting experience and I would do it again.
Place sucks and education is worse
Team Lead/Division Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2015
I used to work here and it was just awful from the beginning. Their 'teachers' are less than helpful and barely trying to facilitate a classroom. They have a left a lifetime of sour in my mouth.
Premier Secondary Educational Facility
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta CampusMarch 23, 2015
U.O.P. is one of the most intellectual institutions to work for. It was always a pleasure to come to work and become involved in some of the most intriguing conversations.
Decent job
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2015
At the end of the day its a sales job with quotas. You meet your numbers everyone is happy. If you start slipping prompt questions will be asked.
Productive work place
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free tuition
I made cold calls to interested students regarding enrolling into a college program. The school offered excellent training to the staff to ensure our success. The management was great and usually willing to help in resolving any issues.
Great Learning Facility
Student (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2015
Classes well focused on real life experiences related to the education. Teamwork assignments produced a trust and respect for diversity and culture.
Worked from home
National Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great story and value.
Cons: cold calling
There were contrasting views at the very top as to the direction of the Work Force Solutions Group. Management brought in a new COO with a different vision from the original management team. The results were massive changes to the direction of Work Force Solutions team, only time will tell if this new direction will be successful.

My peers were helpful and genuinely enjoyed the job and each other. Most were supportive of each other and hard workers. Most have been there for a number of years. It was sad to see some of my peers being laid off after more than 10 years, some more than 15 years.

Typical day consisted of developing relationships with the HR team within our targeted accounts. Hardest part of the job was getting through to the correct person.
Very supportive
Online Faculty (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2015
Great training, support, and back end support. Large community of educators who enjoy and encourage sharing resources. I regret having left.
focused on customer service
Finance Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2015
a full day of work includes but is not limited to answering phones, responding to emails, instant messaging those who have questions, reviewing files and researching issues with students files when needed.
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great product-fast pace
Cons: long days
,An eye opener to the industry of higher education. Many benefits to working in the industry. Many changes in the industry limited opportunity to grow.
Excellent place to work
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 13, 2015
this company is such a great place to work. They believe in the growth of their students and encourage that their employees become life long learners themselves. they have great pay and benefit packages and give the most opportunities to grow as a person and within the company.
Facilitator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2015
Pros: convenient
heavy workload
communication a must
good at keeping you informed
easy to talk with
time management
student engagement
Improving
Data Analyst/Research (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 6, 2015
Apollo Group is working on improving their internal procedures and assessment processes. Very nice to have been a part of this process.
Great employee benefits
National Defense Liaison (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: need to reduce employee attrition rates
Co-workers are great
Leadership needs to communicate better to all employees
Improving and impacting students lives in a positive manner
Overall Good Company to work for.
CORPORATE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2015
UOPX is overall a good company to work for. Over the years there have been a lot of turnover, so the culture doesn't seem as stable as it once was. This is especially true for those looking for upward mobility.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Online is the online division of University of Phoenix, Inc., which is an accredited, private institution – Read more

University of Phoenix Photos