University of Phoenix Employee Reviews

good workplace, with cafe.
Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2017
It was a good position, however my position changed from when I first applied and started. We received other responsibilities and had to get them done within the same amount of time.
Pros
work from home 3 days a week.
Cons
sometimes stressful.
Extremely fun place to work at
Campus Operation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 15, 2017
A typical work day was a mix of inputting attendance fixing attended, setting up the coffee bar and helping students with navigate there student portal. its really fun and hands on 100% of the time however with new management things tend to change even the things that don't need to be fixed. Unfortunately our new manager at the time was is his infancy and was not a leader nor did he inspire people like a good leader dose. the only hard part about the job is keeping the rooms stalked with markers instructors like to take them by accident or so they say.
productive environment
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
A typical day at work was assisting students through inbound and outbound calling. It was usually relaxed but had stressful times as any job would. I loved the people I worked with, management was usually supportive despite no promotional opportunities.
Pros
hour lunch, good people, health care and vacation
Closed
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2017
The campus in Louisville is now closed. The campus was great and so were the people. The students can still take classes online, but it does not replace the classroom experience.
Great Part-time
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 13, 2017
I have been teaching at University of Phoenix for about 2 years. I enjoy teaching classes and getting to know the students. Materials are provided for the instructor but they may be modified for your personality. Everyone I have met there is pleasant and nice to work with . I really like that I am continuing to learn along with my students.
One of the best places I have worked.
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2017
I loved the culture at our University of Phoenix Nashville campus. We all worked well together and always put the students first. We were like family.
Very Nice.
Student (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2017
This is a awesome school and if you ever get a chance to go there, please do. The teachers are nice and the classroom environment is so calm and the teachers always make you feel at home.
Good place to teach, just need to enable the Instructors to succeed
Adjunct Proffesor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2017
Excellent group of adjunct professionals assembled as professors and teachers. However, knowledge and skill and teaching instinct not always seem to translate to advancement. Auditors and those who evaluate should be experienced in the skills of effective teaching, delivery methods and interaction to accurately evaluate faculty. This was not the case in some instances, which is a shame.

The most enjoyable part was the interaction with the students, and seeing that they actually learning and understanding.

Hardest part was, not enough flexibility to deal with different students, in a way that worked for them best.
Pros
Able to pick the time and days for your classes
Cons
Approved to teach 15 different classes, but continuosly got one or two subject.
Loved the people
Director of Operations and Strategic Development (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 8, 2017
There is a lot of bad press about UOP. I have always found the mission and values to be in the best interest of the students. There is a lot of change, but I miss it terribly. The people are great!
Relaxed and good customer service people work there
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 8, 2017
Loved the people who worked there! Felt like a family team. You will love the benefits of going to school for free. Get a degree and advance in this company.
Was a great place to work.
Campus Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 7, 2017
Was a great place to work at one time, but unfortunately it has gone down hill over the last few years. The room for advancement has pretty much disappeared. My Manager was top notch though.
Cons
Closing campuses.
Cutbacks
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2017
Many were let go due to changes in the Federal Department of Education and Tile IX benefits. Employees were not able to be compensated with Federal Funds. Many campuses closed down and let go of their staff.
crazy working place
Sr. Director, Web Marketing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2017
constant changes, not a place that I want to work again. nothing else to write about. very stressful place. no logic. bad culture. I am glad that I left.
Pros
pay
Cons
culture
Not a good work environment. Racist
Adjunct Assistant Professor Nutrition (Former Employee) –  onlineNovember 2, 2017
Things were fine until I made the mistake of posting a picture of myself. After that point I received messages form my supervisor daily saying that my work was unsatisfactory while prior to them seeing my picture my postings and interactions with the students were praised and were fine.
Great
Student (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 2, 2017
The University phoniex gave me hope and security when seriously injured. I enjoy going to school here because it is very informative and has flexible classes.
Pros
flexable and easy to understand
Cons
the system sometimes go down.
My Experience
Associate Faculty (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2017
Went through their teaching courses, but never taught any classes, was never called to teach a class. Was disappointed after going through the classes to teach but never able to apply what I learned.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Never called upon to teach
Stressful planning
Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  onlineOctober 30, 2017
Very tedious online environment. Too many hours have to be put in for lesson plans. Instructors work over 70-75 hours a week for a 6 week course and make less than 5 bucks an hour in the bog picture of things. Its a rewarding job, in the sense that you're teaching.
Great Organization
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2017
I had an incredible experience and professional growth over the last 8 years working for University of Phoenix. I would recommend them to others seeking a career in higher education. There are many opportunities for the University to still explore and they need to take more risks moving forward to get to a place of growth again.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Career Advancement
For profit university
Professor of Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 28, 2017
For profit university. More interested in bottom line than employees. Use rumors and innuendoes to make employment decisions. Do not support faculty. Keep changing curriculum delivery to increase profits.
Pros
Interaction with students
Cons
Poor management
Was a Good Company at First
Academic Counselor- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2017
UOPX was great to work at when I started in 2008 they were growing, thriving and paying high. I loved the raises that I received and the benefits. Then the multiple layoffs started to happen, moral went down, micromanaging went up.
Pros
The Salary, benefits, and PTO
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Phoenix. Our community is ready to answer.