University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Employer Reviews

Fufilling work
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free school
Cons: job cutbacks
I had a very set schedule but great management that worked with me when I had family situations. I loved my co workers and my students and would have loved to worked there longer but we had some downsizing.
Great work culture
Academic Counselor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2014
I have learned the importance of balancing work and life. This balance allows you to be more productive in both areas. Managment encouraged the importance of embracing change to develop in career.
Fast-paced work environment
Student Services Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2014
Clinique is a wonderful company to work for. The company has a strong sense of brand awareness and a great training program for all associates.
Great Company
Campus Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: salary
Fast paced environment where the bulk of your day you are talking to and assisting current and new students.
Very friendly environment
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Monroeville, PASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: the hours
Cons: close to home
Daily meetings
daily reports
helping students with tutors
Productive work advising college students, recruiting online Instructors.
Student Adviser, Faculty Recruiter/Instructor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2014
•Online and Ground Faculty Recruiter/Scheduler, University of Phoenix, Online 3/07 – 1/11
•Online Facilitator, University of Phoenix, Online 10/08-1/11
•Online and Ground Academic Counselor, University of Phoenix 1/02-3/07
•Student, Faculty and University Dean Liaison.
Utilized complex University tracking and data processing computer systems to aid – more... in fast multitasking.
Received Top awards and recognition for high retention rates of students and Faculty.
Interviewed thousands of applicants and used clear judgment techniques to discern the best possible applicants
•Trained new hires. -Provided constant support for students and ensure that assistance is available if required.
•Flexible to accommodate unforeseen problems and issues. – less
Loved the Code of Conduct...
Tier 1 Student Technical Support (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: felt like i was there to provide support, on-site cafe, great management, easy access from hwy, great work ethics
Cons: temporary hire
The best part of this job is the Code of Conduct. Providing support for Students of Apollo and University of Phoenix. Being able to provide support without being bashed over the head about a possible long call.
Unfortunately, this was a temporary position.
This position did have the opportunity for 'working at home'. Great management. Very approachable – more... staff. Software easy to navigate and work with. – less
Productive workplace
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2014
Dispatching and delegating internal and external calls on the main switchboard.
I have learned every customer's needs are different!
You must identify the needs of the guest and meet expectation. I MUST not only listen to the guest but understand their expectations in order to accommodate accordingly.
The management team is good.
My co-workers were – more... great to work with.
The "challenging" part of my job is the ability to multi-task at lease five different task at the same time, to remember and expedite in a timely manner. You must have the patience and skill to handle the guest and task without mistake.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to make the customer happy while waiting on their vehicle. – less
Up Up And Away
State Vice President (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: team, infrastructure, advancement
Cons: n/a
My years with University of Phoenix (UOP) were some of my most enjoyable times. Never so true were so many of the sayings about hard work paying off at UOP.

During my upward advancement I can say the camaraderie among like professionals was cult-like. We all bleed UOP, and all that we did was centered about the company mission. Just as much as we put – more... into the job, I felt the company put into us. Developmental training was top-notch, as well as first-class conferences and award ceremonies.

Looking back I can say I thoroughly enjoyed my time at UOP, and I made a difference to all those people in need of education options. – less
Not Reliable Employment
Online Facilitator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2014
Five years ago I was swamped with work from here but since the economy took a dive, I hardly ever get a class. Don't count on it as your sole income!
Very rewarding enviroment
Senior Appeals Coordinator/Medicare Advantage (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2014
I work with the intellectually disabled through a state funded program. It was both challenging and rewarding. Although upper management tried to accommodate the individuals they served, the program was very poorly managed.
Love teaching
Area Chair (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2014
I love teaching at the University of Phoenix. Not to say it's a perfect experience, but it's what it is.
Great Benefits and Environment, Compensation needs to improve
Apollo Student Accounting (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2014
Pros: work-life balance and flexible schedules
Cons: compensation
***Each individual department varies with management style and team moral***
I have worked in admissions and student accounting and had great experiences with the team members and management team. Management is really supportive with goals and career growth. Each department has provided flexibility with schedule. Overall benefits are great and they – more... provide other employee concierge services at select locations. Compensation is average and pay raises are not great. Also, due to economic slowing, there are not as many laddering opportunities. – less
Productive environment
Regional Training and Development Manager (Former Employee), Miramar, FLAugust 21, 2014
This is a self paced environment. Although there is minimal direction, a resourceful person will be very successful here.
Education
Student (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2014
Instructors easy to work with and helpful. System was not complicated and easy to understand.
Great Online Facilitation Experience
Online Faculty (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2014
I have gained great experience in online teaching and connecting with students from across the country.
School
College Student (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: easy to work around since i only go to school once a week and its at night.
Cons: not ever person is a team player and a majority of the school work is team oriented.
For this job i use numerous databases to insure i maintain my current grade point average.
Bad
ENROLLMENT ADVISOR/COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2014
Managers need to be replaced, they do offer good benefits, bad leadership.
Truly values those it serves
Senior Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2014
This is an organization that truly values integrity and accountability. The biggest priority is centered around focusing on what is best for the students they serve.

The positions held are highly demanding, but provide great worth experience and various skills to those it employs.
Payroll Tax Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2014
Working with a variety of issues on a daily basis. This job is always challenging and never boring. The employees and management here have always been friendly.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Online is the online division of University of Phoenix, Inc., which is an accredited, private institution – Read more

University of Phoenix Photos