University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Employer Reviews

UoP
Online INstructor (Former Employee), Phoenix AzNovember 24, 2014
Attended and worked at UoP from 2002-2013. Great school for the online community. Top notch instructors.
Loved being at home focusing on my family and school, but I am wanting to go back to work.
Full-time student and Homemaker (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNNovember 21, 2014
Pros: home
Cons: no pay
I enjoyed being at home and preparing my daughter for school. She just turned 4 last month and is already ready for kindergarten. My son was carried, born, and raised for his first year at home. That is something I cherish.

I had time to spend with my children after school and summer time. My co-workers would be my children. I managed the household. – more... I learned while I thoroughly love my children, I need a real job with actual performance goals and praise. – less
Great part-time job
Academic Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2014
Pros: teaching kids something new
Cons: more work than i initially realized
I coached kids and met a lot of great people. I was responsible for coaching on Saturdays, and would collect payment from parents and would turn in all money to the company's office during the week.
Quality Educational Programs, but some internal challenges
Director (Current Employee), West regionNovember 14, 2014
Pros: good pay, great benefits, good people to work with, good facilities
Cons: very demanding, frequent lay offs, and unclear strategy for the future
Good quality products and programs. Has been restructuring for several years and this has resulted in many lay offs and very unhappy people left behind. Hopefully they can turn it around as they offer very good degree programs and provide quality education.
Great people...managerial culture is challenging
Director (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2014
Pros: tuition benefits, varying department cultures
Cons: work-life balance issues, technology not utilized as much as it could be
I worked for the University for over 10 years and saw things change for the worse over that time. Due to changes in the economy and government regulations the "golden years" of the company seem to be gone forever. Promotional opportunities that used to help keep people positive and excited dwindled and after several rounds of layoffs most people are – more... fearful and competitive. The individual departments vary greatly and there is a true dedication to the students there which is intrinsically rewarding. – less
Higher Educations
Student Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2014
Pros: staff
Same reveiw and periously stated. everything i menitioned before this applies to the same company.
Working in Teams
Full time Student (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2014
Pros: accepting own mistakes and finding ways to change mistakes of mine.
Cons: finding other revenues to working with dishonest team mates.
Well as a full time student with UOP we also had to work in groups of three to six teams. Some days depending on who was assign to your teams could be more challenging. Responsibility were to either be the team leader or the follower along with other members of your assign team. What I learn while working in teams is how to work on a job site and to – more... adapt to a more diversity role play to adapt to all pro's and cons that come on a daily basis and how to communicate verbally, written in a manner accepted by any other teammate. – less
This is my summary of working at the Univ of Phoenix for the past 3 years.
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working at the Univ of Phoenix, the atmosphere was one of excitement and professionalism. The management was awesome, allowing each member to be themselves working to their strengths. The most enjoyable part of the job is to visualize the smile on the face of the student you helped achieve the goal of a college degree while thousands of miles – more... apart. You feel so close to them. – less
Good environment for adult learners
Instructor/Facilitator (Former Employee), CANovember 9, 2014
Pros: on-call suited my lifestyle
Cons: night time 6 - 10:00 p.m.
A wonderful learning environment for working adults.
There is a high degree of respect for the faculty here at UOP.
I have been honored to work here. I enjoyed going that "extra mile"
for my students always considering their work/school/family obligations.The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was not a job so to speak. It was indeed a privilege – more... to aid and inspire my students. UOP is one of the most rewarding places to work in that you touch and inspire students.

Terrific environment! – less
Perfect Job!
Faculty/Certified Advanced Facilitator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: not enough full-time opportunity for faculty
Working for University of Phoenix is a perfect way to find work/life balance. I facilitate courses online, and because of this format, I have been able to be home to raise my children, while still being productive in the workforce and advancing my career.
Excellent workplace
Associate Facilitator (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 9, 2014
The University of Phoenix is a professional academic learning environment.
UOP Summary
Enrollment Counselor/Recruiter (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2014
Student Services
Financial Aid
Graduation Specialist
Enrollment specialist
Awesome place to work!
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2014
Loved it! It was a great place to work. Awesome staff and friendly managers
Challenging and Rewarding
Senior Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2014
University of Phoenix helped me to grow both personally and professionally. The hardest part of the job is the consistent change, the best part are the students.
Supportive and Great Group to Work With
Associate Professor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2014
Pros: collaboration
Cons: evening hours
The courses are 5 weeks in length meeting one day a week for 4 hours in the evening. The campus is great, as is the staff.
fast paced phone environment
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: learned a lot on how to talk with different types of people with different goals
Cons: lots of phone time. liked meeting face to face more than on the phone
A typical day would include lots of phone calls to potential students. I learned how to stay on top of leads and help student get into the correct degree program.
The culture
Enrollment Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, OHNovember 3, 2014
Please see resume. Quality of life. Opportunity to help individuals change their lives. Please see resume.
Productive and Relax
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 2, 2014
Pros: the pay and benefits
Cons: job security
A typical day at work is productive and relaxed. The culture is very up beat and friendly.
Admission
Admissions Admin (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2014
I loved my job, but I was the first of the crew to get laid off in 2010
Great company
Team Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2014
I worked here in the early 2000's and enjoyed the environment very much. As long as you do your job and have a great attitude about it, you'll be just fine here. Can be a tad political but nothing like other organizations.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Online is the online division of University of Phoenix, Inc., which is an accredited, private institution – Read more

University of Phoenix Photos