University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,183 reviews matching the search
fun and exciting work place
Student Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
open the school and help students with any and all issues that may have occurred within classes or any online issues. i have learned how to enroll students and managed the campus from open to close. the hardest part of the job was not having any assistance after a certain time of day. the most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience in helping others.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, vacations, employee events
Cons
more help in internal divisons
Used to be a thriving and fun place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is staying positive during layoffs. Upper management and management could communicate more about changes. They should also be consistent when it comes to schedules or anything. Too much favoritism and no room for advancement unless you switch departments or leave the company.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No room for growth and no communication
Worked out great while taking classes
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2016
Typical day would include calling students to discuss their finance options for education, collect debts, and arrange payment plans. I loved the work and my co-workers, but my manager expected unattainable results, which made the job very difficult. The most enjoyable part was working with students to help them afford an education that would help them achieve their goals.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
terrible supervisor
A great learning environment.
Student/Master of Counseling Degree Program (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 8, 2016
Company offers many challenges for self-improvement and preparation for job advancement. The cultural setting of the workplace is exemplary and rewarding. There is unhealthy agenda within the management that make advancement within the company unbearable. The propensity to discriminate against some students is left unchecked.
Pros
Learning and development opportunities
Cons
Discrimination
Productive and hardworking environment.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034April 21, 2016
I learned how to effectively receive inbound calls and outbound calls and direct them to the proper enrollment representative. My co workers were amazing, management amazing, and the only thing I didn't agree with was the stress the president put on their employees.
Pros
Hour Lunches, Huge Break Rooms
Cons
We were always stressed out because of the many QA changes that could cause you to lose your job.
Sr. Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2016
Working with UOP for 10 years I've accomplished obtaining my Bachelors degree and halfway through my Masters. I enjoyed working alongside my fellow coworkers as we shared experiences, mentored and worked above and beyond what was asked of us. On the downside some of the mgmt played favoritism often, office politics was a regular conversation that worked against some of us. My last mgr asked us often on how to do things that she should already know, talked down to employees, and micro managed a tenured team who already had high scores on ethics, compliance and work mgmt. That was the hardest part of the job was dealing with bad mgmt, even when took to HR.
Pros
Benefits, Epic points, team volunteer outings, and appreciation days
Cons
short breaks, micro managing
Experience with University of Phoenix
Education Program Director (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 16, 2016
University of Phoenix is a wonderful place to work. The work day and nights are long. The University is semi unstable at the moment; however, I have every belief they will be fine when the transformation is complete. Co-workers are friendly and hard working. Management is wonderful. The most enjoyable portions of the job are the people we deal with on a daily basis.
I enjoyed my experiences
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2016
UOP was a great place for me to learn many new things. I was able to be successful in my role. My mentor and my boss is great! She really stands by her employees. I have the upmost respect for her. I lead by example and enjoy my peers along with the environment. Some of the people I met have inspired me and I know I will now have life long friends.
Pros
REV Cafe, environment
A very productive place to work
ADG ENROLLMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2016
The University of Phoenix was a great place to work, you can earn your degree at no cost to you. I enjoyed my time there. You would work with students who are currently earning their AA Degree to stay in contact with them, answer any questions or address any concerns they might have. When the student get to 42 plus credits they would get transferred to the Bachelor's degree department to find out what the students future education and career goals are. I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Great Benefits
Excellent enviroment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2016
This is culture that shows how beneficial education is and promotes it. Not only for the incoming student but the employee who may not have had the opportunity to finish their degree or may want to further their education. Their goal is to everyone involved with their company have the highest level of education as they see fit.
Dont work here
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 27, 2016
Your required to enroll so many students a month. But here's the catch, you don't get credit for enrollment , unless the student passes their class and starts the next class. Even though the university stills get paid whether or not they pass the first class. In addition they tell you, you have a chance to earn a 20% raise each year. What they don't tell you is that there is a chance to get a 20% reduction as well. The metric system is not designed for employees, but for the companies success. Hence the high turn over rate..
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company is bad
Enrollment advisor
International Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2016
Making contact and reaching out to potential students via phone and e-mail as well as taking incoming inquiries, and learning about previous education and current career direction so that a plan could be put in place towards a program that would benefit the student in taking steps towards the completion of a degree. i would assist student in looking at options for financing education, take in needed documents for admissions and make myself available to assist the student in using the available resources to help with the students success.
Pros
assisting others towards career goals
Productive and team oriented atmosphere
Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2016
Manage students account, verify all paper work is on file for processing of financial aid. Answer calls and emails. To actively listen to what the student is asking and helping them focus on the purpose they made the decision to go to school; while financially empowering them on their financial future.
nice environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2016
very relaxed learning environment with students from all walks of life so teaching is never boring! Other instructors are willing to help and share their knowledge and they really care about the students. Class sizes are usually small which provides for a more intimate relationship between student and instructor
Great place to work, but limited to no advancement opportunity
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2016
This company has been such a great part of my life and afforded me so many opportunities to learn and develop. The only downside is that there is little to no advancement due to the company's shrinking size.
Pros
Team Work and Collaboration
Cons
Advancement Opportunities
Great memories
Pre-Cert Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  tempe, azApril 17, 2016
Loved the people I worked with and for. Even though it is an extremely big company, my supervisors worked really hard keep our departments more close net.
The only thing is with this company being a 3rd party company for other business it was frustrating to have changes implemented in extremely short notice.
productive and fun place to work with very convenient online work hours
Adjunct Faculty, MBA Courses (Former Employee) –  onlineJanuary 31, 2016
In the online classes and campus of University of Phoenix it was great meeting new people from all over the globe in an asynchronous environment whereby professionals met, learned, collaborated, and contributed their personal academic & professional experiences from all walks of life - in an effort to earn a degree or certification. The graduates and students of University of Phoenix know that they're contributing far more to their career fields than just text book knowledge. They have world class experience and best practices to offer any potential employer and/or to venture out as entrepreneurs.

What a great place to work!
Pros
Learning with people all over the world and never having to leave home
Excellent customer service experience
Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2016
Before working as a finance advisor I had minimal experience talking on the phone and assisting customers. This gave me a great opportunity to speak with various students from around the country. I learned how to provide important service to students and gained experience working on teams.
Signifant change organization with new purchase in 2016
Director of Academic Affairs (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2016
Great exposure to over 350 faculty members in two states at three campus locations. Great coworkers focused on engaged student experiences in the classroom. Focused on low risk for HLC and internal audit organizational support.
Pros
Great working with students and faculty members.
Cons
Staff shortages
Excellent work place!
Student Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Enjoyed all the different job positions and opportunities available. Enjoyed counseling adult students and pre-qualifying them before enrolling. Made myself available to assist adult students and encourage them to continue with their studies. Absolutely no complaints - liked working with the staff...Made it worth while coming every day.