University of Phoenix Employer Reviews

n/a
Executive Financial Service Rep/Team Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2015
I worked there for 8 years. It was ok at times then it had it times. The company went through a lot of changes throughout the time I was there. I guess it is just like any other company in corporate America that stayed afloat. Change is good. The co workers were o to work with and I learned a lot of information in the financial aid field at UOP. This place is like a stepping stone to the higher education working with financial aid because you learn so many different things and you have to earn to figure things out for yourself which I think is good if you want to be successful at the job.
Pay and vacation time is great. No real opportunity for advancement and leadership is lacking at times.
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2015
Typical work day includes using Microsoft Office to complete various tasks. Email and call perspective students. Communicate program information and help student with the application and financial process of enrollment. The hardest part of the job is when you are capped out on the transfer calls so your entire day is dialing outbound calls and leaving about 40 messages a day. There are some days where you do not talk to a single person on the phone. I do enjoy talking to people and helping them get their educational journey started and hopefully improving their lives.
Ok company to work for
Technical Support (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
I just didn't like how they don't hire people on full-time and they keep them as temps.
A great Introduction into the sales industry
Senior Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: salary pay with great benefits
Cons: management was not very helpful
Each day I would call and meet 80 to 100 clients. I would discuss the details of our product and build the initial rep ore from company to client. I would then help the client fill out all the paperwork as they purchased our product. During this time frame I would seek referrals from the client to expand our business operations.

I learned how to work as part of a sales and customer service team designed to meet the needs of our clients. I also came to understand that I really enjoy company client rep ore building and the closing of a sale.

Management is at its best when it is there to assist employees with questions and when it ensures the best quality service and product to both employee and client.

Coworkers come in two breeds; those that assist you with your work and those that distract you from it.

The hardest part of the job was mastering the products that we sold because it required memorizing over 120 different products.

The most enjoyable part of the job was calling new clients and getting to know them. My best memories revolved around understanding each client and then finding a company product that matched what they were looking for to expand their capabilities.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: since i am on a contract i do not enjoy the benefits the full time employees get.
I am a contracted worker with the University of Phoenix. In a day I take calls from students, faculty, and staff for technical support of the student and faculty web sites.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great staff
Education
Senior Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Impacting the lives of adult learners through education. Rewarding career but stressful at times.
Online environment - Great program!
Facilitator - Humanities (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Working with students who desire to learn and grow in all kinds of life situations.
First job ever
Associate Degree, Small Business/ Entrepreneur (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Cons: no healthcare
I enjoyed working here. A lot of business owners use to want me to work at their jobs because they seen how i was performing my job there. The job was not hard at all, I enjoyed working for them. Management appreciated their employees. for taco bell.

I did not work at the university of phoenix i received my AA through hem.
Great for Adjuncts
Instructor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, manageable work load
Working as a part time adjunct for University of Phoenix is a fantastic way to earn supplemental income in a professor friendly environment. I highly encourage anyone seeking flexible, part time work to pursue.
Good advancement opportunities.
Academic Affairs Manager/Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: weird culture
Cons: good compensation.
Pretty formal workplace, but plenty of opportunities to enjoy it, some perks like training, good opportunities to relocate...
Rapid Response, inc.
Full-time student (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2015
Database management and business intelligence gathering provide real data that provide specific results driving intelligence decisions.
Corp Education
CORPORATE EDUCATION MANAGER (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free tution for undergrad
Cons: the degree is not worth the paper it is written on!
They change there process every other day. The staff stayed confused as to what to do because of frequent changes.

People were often promoted based on who they knew instead of who knew what they knew!

Heavy turnover!!
Financial Aid Advisor
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: paid for classes if chosen to attend uop
Personal Assistant to Director of Financial Aid Responsible for
performing campus level specific and general financial duties.
Responsible for supporting the campus financial and accounting
processes by assisting campus personnel and students to ensure
financial aid processes are completed in compliance with established
federal and state regulations and company policies. General knowledge
of GAAP. Used personal and financial software packages. Entered,
tracked, and maintained financial data. Customer service, multi-line
phone operation, collections, resolution of escalated student issues,
Leave of Absence Administrator, invoicing, cash receipts. Performed a
variety of clerical, administrative and accounting functions to support
financial services at the campus or division level.
Macy's Review
Corporate Education Liaison (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Great job to get one through college, not recommended for a long lasting career
Casual tho productive work place
Technical Support (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: clean, friendly work atmosphere.
Cons: my work commute
My time with the University of Phoenix was great honestly one of the better positions I've held. Most days were busy but enjoyable even when dealing with the occasional difficult student, who presented me with uncommon software issues; it was always a welcome challenge.

The management was very helpful and attentive as were most co-workers.

Id say the hardest part of the job was dealing with the backlog of students who couldn't access the website whenever the University did service updates, things could get pretty hectic when assignments are time sensitive.
Productive Higher Learning Education workplace
Academic Counselor (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2015
I advise students and staff on new policies within the Academic Counseling department.

I complete daily educational tasks associated with these students.

I help students overcome challenges within their degree program to stay on track to graduation.

I assist with training newly assigned Academic Counselors with departmental goals.

I have grown overall through my experience with University of Phoenix and have learned how to present me in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help someone change their life through education and working with my co-workers.
Enrollment Counselor
Senior Enrollment Counselor and Team Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: wonderful training program, advancement oppurtunites and work enviornment
Cons: started to decline in advancement oppurtinity as the higher education industry grew
Great company that trained me in the education advising field. I was fortunate enough to work for this company for four years. I had two advancements first as a lead enrollment counselor and then a senior advisor. I gained a vast amount of knowledge about the higher education industry and earned a $15,000 gain in my salary by the end of my employment there.
Everything is based on numbers
Student Representative, Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 30, 2014
Pros: enjoy many of my co-workers and their abilities
Cons: lots of stress, shift bids based on senority
A of of phone calling and coaching new students.
Co-workers are awesome!
Managers-depends on who you have and what department.
Establishing perfection every day, mistakes are costly creating stress.
My co-workers are the best.
As with any online learning environment, flexs well with life
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: very poor wages
As an online educator, being able to flex with life's challenges is always a very good thing. Would still be working for them, however at the time had taken on a full time position and could not continue both at that time. Would consider returning.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Online is the online division of University of Phoenix, Inc., which is an accredited, private institution – Read more

University of Phoenix Photos