University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Employer Reviews

My Summary
Military/Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2014
The only thing that was good about that place was the income. THe benefits were not good and the people were nice to a certain extent. There was no Work/ life balance till before they laid us off.
Great University
Academic Account Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2014
Pros: talking on the phone
I have learned about hard work, management. I have learned to appreciate the diversity across the nation within students as well as co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the time and there is never enough but as long as you continue to strive for the best it seems to work.
University of Phoenix was a great place to work
Senior IT Technician (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 25, 2014
Pros: as mentioned liked servicing others in the it invironment
Cons: no real cons with uop
I enjoyed working for University of Phoenix. a typical day at work was always busy servicing employee's and staff members insuring that staff had there needs met concerning their computers, network etc. Other IT related needs were met when needed.
As an adjunct, I taught Gen 101, a course designed to prepare students, many of whom had been out of school for years, for the rigors of college.
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good work atmosphere.
Cons: the campus was pretty far and the class started right after rush hour.
I love teaching. The students often were broken into groups. As long as I covered the basic material, no one bothered me. I enjoyed the interaction with the students. I love teaching. The hardest part of the job was dealing with those students who had such a sense of entitlement, that they felt a good grade was automatic, regardless of the amount or – more... quality of the work they did. I was pretty good at making the material interesting. My students complained bitterly of being bored, when I was forced to miss a session, and they made me promise to never subject them to the person who substituted for me. That was quite gratifying. – less
Disorganized company with practices I didn't agree with.
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2014
Although I enjoyed my time here, I didn't agree with their process in how students were enrolled in online schooling.
Great environment
Director of Academic Affairs (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 23, 2014
Every day was enjoyable and I felt that there was a lot of purpose to my work.
Stressful
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 23, 2014
The only reward is seeing your students graduate! The company is reducing size and there is no room for advancement. Many employees have left to seek better opportunities.
Fast pace environment
Qualifying Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2014
Made outbound calls to qualify students for a program they inquired about.
Role as an Enrollment Advisor
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2014
The position as an Enrollment Advisor with the Apollo Group (Univ. of Phoenix) allowed me to better understand and respond to the needs of my potential and existing student enrollees. It also enabled me to work in a team environment and independently to accomplish company goals. I answered inbound and made outbound calls to my students using communications – more... tools provided by the company. I also counseled, motivated and advised my existing students towards accomplishing their educational and career goals. – less
Patrol and Security
Student (Current Employee), Phoenix AZJuly 20, 2014
Pros: i get to deal with many different personilities
Cons: short breaks and long hours
I complet my assignments for school and will graduate in 2015
Excellent opportunity to teach future community Leaders and Managers
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2014
Pros: autonomy in teaching methodologies, relationships with other professors
Cons: pay can improve. able to teach more than one class a week.
A typical day is just as exciting as the next. UOP provides a good lead in terms of syllabus then soon enough I am able to have enough trusted autonomy to run the classroom the best way I know. Having a welt of experience in the teaching field, I am able to apply many lessons learned from the military and civilian employments. My co-worker are great! – more... They too share their experiences and knowledge in order to form a strong team of professors that can depend on each other for help if needed. Although not much of a problem, time management plays a great role on the hardest part of the job. Preparedness time is paramount to teaching. Most enjoyable part is to see many students work hard toward a degree and be able to graduate with a life long education experience. Best of all to see them walk to the podium, receive their graduation certificate in their graduation day. – less
Great opportunity
Faculty (part time) (Current Employee), Phoenix, ORJuly 18, 2014
Teaching is an honor and I enjoy the challenge and opportunity
Challenging and rewarding but flawed platforms
Technical Assistance Center Representative Level I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2014
Pros: professional and educated respectable management, never a boring day, you will be challenged, excellent benefits
Cons: unstable student and faculty platforms, things break that shouldn't, students are taking online classes who have no business being near a computer, your patience will be tested at the least and ground away with power tools at the most, good luck being granted a vacation
You will need to bring all of your skills to the table to make up for the unstable platform problems which will affect your other metrics.
Too Much Questionable Work
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR/HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I would not recommend this employer at the time I was employed they were being investigated for not paying their employees for overtime among other things.
Univeristy of Phoenix
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 13, 2014
University of phoenix is a great educational experience that focuses on educating the working adult. The programs offer students an opportunity to get a higher education while continuing to work in their current job.
The resources are phenominal
Student (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2014
Pros: they accept financial aide
Cons: a full time student has no days off
The University has a vast list of resources available to students if they need extra help. Also, the academic and financial advisors are very thorough and very easy to communicate with.
Innovative
Advanced Certified Facilitator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2014
The University of Phoenix provides exceptional resources to their students and faculty. These resources help students and faculty alike to seek help in improve skills, find jobs, and really know the market.

Getting to know my peers and collogues and learn from collaboration and their experiences has been invaluable for me.

Working in a virtual environment – more... has many benefits. I am able to manage my time most appropriately, and organize my days and weeks accordingly. – less
A Decade as a Phoenix
Customer Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 11, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits, which is why i have stayed so long.
Cons: little to no regard for work/life balance
More to come, there is no save function on this portion and I must leave momentarily
synergy is key
Enrollment Counselor/ADA Coordinator (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 10, 2014
Pros: people rock
Cons: pressures to perform are high
flexible schedules and very competitive enrollment environment
Instructors are valued.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), OnlineJuly 10, 2014
The course information is preloaded. Really, the only flexibility with instruction is with the discussion questions.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Online is the online division of University of Phoenix, Inc., which is an accredited, private institution – Read more

University of Phoenix Photos