University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Employer Reviews

Not a bad place to work!
Learning Facilitator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: management
I adored my job there as a Learning Facilitator. However, new management came in and pretty much destroyed the fun culture.
Professional enviroment
re-entry student specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: time off restrictions
calling students that have been out of attendance for over a year, learned new script information, management that I am working with now is more professional, co-workers are awesome and welcoming, the hardest part is getting time off sometimes, the enjoyable part is talking to a different variety of students.
Enjoyed Teaching My Students
On-Line Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2015
I really enjoyed being an on-line professor with the University of Phoenix, I really enjoyed teaching my students. More training should be implemented to the people who evaluate your facilitation.
Peace
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT - TEACHER QUALITY GRANT (Current Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Peace is important to be happy in what you do. If you are not happy about what you do then you will not be happy in life. Peace is important in life everyday.
Received incoming Online-Student calls requesting IT support.
Student Technical Support (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: professionalism
Cons: extremely busy at all times.
Received incoming Online-Student calls requesting IT support. The pay and benefits were very good. I also assisted faculty and other employee support requests. It felt great assisting Both with any support issue. I increased my Technical Knowledge and people skills with this job.
High presure sales
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: my shift was mon-fri, weekends & nights off. my hours were 6am-3pm or 7am-4pm.
Cons: my hours were 6am-3pm or 7am-4pm.
You are only as good as your last month's registration numbers. It's a sales job. Enrollment Counselors had too many responsibilities.
Online Facilitation
On facilitator/instructor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: work on your own schedule
The University provides exceptional online classes to students who want to pursue a college degree. Classes are entirely online with numerous resources provided to students and faculty for success.

Online facilitators are given all necessary resources for successfully facilitating online classes.
University of Phoenix Online Instructor
Online Instructor (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 14, 2015
Being an online instructor for the University of Phoenix gives me flexibility as to when I work and it also gives me freedom to create an environment in which I can impact the lives of my students.
They are a okay company.
Admin. Assist/Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2015
You just never know what you are coming into work to face. Years ago it was great but now, it's nothing like it use to be. It's a fun company to work for at times but they aren't a reliable company at the moment.
UoP's adult learning model set a precedence amongst similar universities.
Admissions Counselor/Recruiter (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIFebruary 11, 2015
UoP's adult learning model set a precedence amongst similar universities. A perfect way for working adults to achieve academic goals.
Busy work environment
Finance Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: paid lunches, team builders
A typical day at work is monitoring the floor to ensure coverage is there to answer calls coming in. I learned that if you don't meet the needs of the clients your customer service level tend to decrease. Management is a great role to have, as it allows you to help others meet their individual goal. I have a great group of peers, they have talents that I adopt in my everyday duties. The hardest part of the job is being micromanaged. The most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with my team, recognizing them for doing great things.
productive great place to work with
Student Services Coordinator//Academic Counselor (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great network of people to work with
Cons: they discontinued the job i had at the time
I enjoyed working at UOP, JC campus. I not only learned alot working and going to school there as well. I was able to work hands on with a manager who was willing to teach and it helped me get the current position I have at Drake college. As a student i learned (taking classes) the ins and outs in management and working there allowed me to get.
Extraordinary faculty and student support
Adjunct Professor, Management (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: online classroom platform
Cons: infrequent student conflicts with their current job and requirements of courses, specifically assignment due dates
Faculty provide a rigorous learning environment and are aware of teaching working adults. This means course work revolves around both theory, concepts, and especially applications. Faculty appointments require proven expertise in their professional roles and academic preparation. Faculty help students understand complex concepts vividly and practically through real world examples.
Family oriented
Education Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Great company to grow with and get your education. Family oriented environment.Was able to complete a Bachelors degree for free.
Advanced Online Instructor
Adjunct Faculty/Certified Advanced Instructor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: provides me the ability to work in a field i am passionate about.
Cons: difficult getting on full-time
Deliver and facilitate online lessons to undergraduate students in a distance educational format. Prepare and distribute course syllabi in Cultural Sociology and Humanities.
Awesome Growth
Student Services Coordinator, Faculty (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: a lot of personal growth in changing lives through education
Cons: company is in a high state of flux and constantly changing.
Work was challenging and rewarding. It is rewarding to be a part of a student's journey of growth.

I had the privilege to work at a campus and experience a family-like culture.
Great place to teach. Great support from colleagues.
Adjunct Professor - Psychology/Social Sciences (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good pay for adjunct faculty
Cons: local administrators are not in charge of assigning classes.
Great place to be an Adjunct Professor. They supported my transfer from California to Texas. A typical night is started at 6:00 and ends at 10:00. My colleagues are supportive and willing to help in many situations. The hardest part of teaching is when students do not post work but expect an A for showing up. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to know students and see them at graduation.
Enrollment Counselor
Lead Counselor (Former Employee), Tempe AZFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: non
I loved working at UOP. I would have never left but I was sought out for other advancements at another company.I would recommend this company to anyone.
n/a
Executive Financial Service Rep/Team Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2015
I worked there for 8 years. It was ok at times then it had it times. The company went through a lot of changes throughout the time I was there. I guess it is just like any other company in corporate America that stayed afloat. Change is good. The co workers were o to work with and I learned a lot of information in the financial aid field at UOP. This place is like a stepping stone to the higher education working with financial aid because you learn so many different things and you have to earn to figure things out for yourself which I think is good if you want to be successful at the job.
Pay and vacation time is great. No real opportunity for advancement and leadership is lacking at times.
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2015
Typical work day includes using Microsoft Office to complete various tasks. Email and call perspective students. Communicate program information and help student with the application and financial process of enrollment. The hardest part of the job is when you are capped out on the transfer calls so your entire day is dialing outbound calls and leaving about 40 messages a day. There are some days where you do not talk to a single person on the phone. I do enjoy talking to people and helping them get their educational journey started and hopefully improving their lives.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Online is the online division of University of Phoenix, Inc., which is an accredited, private institution – Read more

University of Phoenix Photos