University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix United States Employee Reviews

University of Phoenix
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2015
It is a good place to work, benefits are great but opportunities for advancement are limited. Standards are not consistent and it is difficult to know what is expected at all times
Excellent
Executive Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 21, 2015
Pros: healthcare, salary
University of Phoenix, Augusta Campus, was a wonderful place of employment. The campus culture was open and honest. I was given clear guidelines and directives, and I understood my role completely. The were many opportunities for advancement, and I was promoted twice during my tenure at the campus. We worked on graduation teams and were given extensive training to understand the different roles of each member and how these roles intertwined to create a level 10 customer service experience for our students. Management gave required trainings and was available to assist the employees questions. Overall, my 8-year tenure with the University of Phoenix was positive.
N/A
Faculty Liaison (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 18, 2015
Overall a fun place to work, if you are on a good campus. The people at a campus is what makes it a success or failure. Lots of opportunity's for stability and growth.
No job stability
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 17, 2015
Pros: tuition benefits and pay
Cons: always laying off
The company's compensation and benefits are great. The cons are that the company always having lay-offs every 2 years. There is always the uncertain of job stability
Educational
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee), Layton, UTApril 16, 2015
Some flexibility with your hours during the week. Great staff. Lots of time spent making phone calls to possible students.
Quiet and flexible environment
Faculty-Contractor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2015
Pros: All classroom material is prepared for the facilitator, flexible hours
Cons: ONce you are assigned a class, that is all you can teach, there is no way to get a different sublject.
The academic structure is very easy to work in. There is limited contact between the online faculty and the administrative staff of the institution.
Team atmosphere
Student (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2015
Pros: Team atmosphere, good pay
Cons: Not enough workers, sometimes a heavy work load
Working at University of Phoenix was definitely a positive experience. While working there, I learned the meaning of teamwork. The management always had an open door policy, and they were always willing to listen. The hardest part of the job was when you had a lot of applicants and not enough workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and being able to help them on their journey.
Great company
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
I loved my time with UOP. The programs they offered their students were solid. And the work environment was excellent. Very professional place to work.
Enjoy the collaboration amongst fellow faculty
Adjunct (Online) Professor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
I enjoy working for the University, great workshops, technical support team is extremely helpful and reliable, and the lead faculty team is available for any unusual problem you may encounter...
Good company overall
Senior Academic Counselor (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free school, team builders, benefits and compensation
Cons: Job security, market raises, promotion oppertunity
I felt that UoP was a good place for me over the last eight years. Things have changed over the last few years which has left me with less room for advancement and less job security. I have been pleased with the company overall and they take care of their employees. I have learned a lot while I worked there and have developed skills to make me more desirable in the job market.
Demanding Work environment
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2015
Pros: low cost healthcare
Cons: short breaks
At this job, it was fast pace and demanding because your talking to over 60 students, per day and receiving 200 emails each day. I like the challenge but you weren't able to take a long vacation because of the fear of getting behind of work.
Overall, a nice place to work!
Senior Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Pressure to enroll
I would make calls and take calls from prospective students from all over the U.S. and try to help them to achieve their goals
High stress but great work.
Qualifying Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2015
High volume call center with ability help people. Loved the people. Great benefits. Can't beat free tuition. Lots of opportunity for growth.
Hard work for Education
Residency Operations Project Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2015
My favorite of my job were the students I was able to positively impact. I wish everyone success in their educational goals and professional careers.
Great place to give back to the community
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
Being able to work in a place where you get to interact with young adults without any collegiate experience and more mature adults with vast amounts of knowledge attempting to further their education is extremely gratifying. You gain so much from the experience it does not compare to any other job outside of teaching. As with any job it does have its downside, i.e. being a for profit college and charging students almost triple the cost of non-profit colleges. It becomes difficult because you know they get a quality education but in most cases you can get the same things elsewhere for far less. That and no real advancement opportunities are the biggest downfall. The company does give 2 paid volunteer days a year for any non profit organization you choose and a very good benefits package.
Productive learning experience
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Spring, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: Fast learning and great people
Cons: Job stability
Working here is memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. The only concern is they are growing and a lot of managers are trying to transition it into a corporate environment, so hopefully that doesn't continue. Over all it's a great company!
Check your soul at the door
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2015
Pros: Free school
Cons: Disfunctional management - Bad karma
In the end for-profit and education just aren't a good marriage. Working in enrollment you are forced to try to convince people who you know are unlikely to complete a degree program to sign up for student loans that will only make their difficult life situation worse. You get them to paint this rosy picture in their mind of life with a degree and all of the magical doors this degree is going to open and how it will be a cure-all for all of their lives problems. But that isn't reality and a large majority of them will only accrue a new bill collector calling them on the phone at the end of this fairy tale. For those who do complete a degree the stark reality that a degree from UOP does not quite carry the weight they were promised it would and that student loan payments once you are out of school can be equal to a car payment. (especially the joke of an associates degree program) Don't get me wrong some people really do benefit from their degree at UOP. But unfortunately that is a small percentage of the student body.
Great people...very busy
Senior Academic Counselor (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2015
Pros: working with great people
Cons: getting laid off, not a lot of chance for advancement
contacting students to address academic concerns
manage student case portfolios
meet with students as needed for academic assistance
life and time management coaching skills
schedule forecasting for degree completion
Outstanding Academic Wording Adult Opportunity
Associate Faculty (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 1, 2015
Pros: Interface with people from different professional backgrounds.
Cons: Breaks between class teaching opportunities.
Having facilitated for the University of Phoenix for almost eleven years, on a part-time evening basis, has proven career progression beneficial. Teaching one night a week, for 5 weeks, teaching on average of 6 classes per year. The classes have included business, human resources, organizational management, and other leadership related subjects. Continuous professional exposure to these topics have provided additional management experience, practical knowledge and application in today's business environment. Working with professors, business owners, and other professionals has provided a great network of colleagues. This opportunity has not been difficult, other than requiring strong time management skills. Use of technology, a Franklin Planner, and attention to detail has been most useful. The greatest aspect of facilitating with the University, is seeing the students graduate and expand their careers and meet their personal goals.
Great Place to Work
Campus Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
UOP is a great Place to Work. My co workers are wonderful and the Campus Director is fantastic. I have nothing bad to say about UOP.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

In 1976, Dr. John Sperling, a Cambridge-educated economist, saw an opportunity: to create an accredited academic institution that – Read more

University of Phoenix Salaries

$30,000 per year
Faculty
$32,000 per year

University of Phoenix Photos

Where I spent 1.8 months of my time.
Graduation 2013.  Enrollment and support staff.