University of Phoenix Employee Reviews

Found 1,267 reviews matching the search
Poor
enrollm (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 7, 2016
Does not offer good work / life balance. Constantly implementing ideas used years ago but "reinvented". Employee turnover is very high. Company is more focused on saving money than investing in their employees.
Worked as Senior Academic Advisor
Senior Academic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538December 5, 2016
Overall great place to work learned a lot at UOP.
Busy schedule, heavy work load, pay scale low
Coworkers very helpful fun to work with.
Pros
co workers great fun to work with
Cons
low pay
Inspiring place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2016
Good communication and information to assist one in teaching. Tremendous support for the educator to be successful. leadership is committed to excellence in all things.
Good Technology for Instructor Use
Faculty and Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NevadaDecember 4, 2016
I was teaching part-time, I liked the experience and the staff professionalism. The material was clear and the environment was comfortable to work in. The training was very good for instructors.

I learned a great deal about online university structure.

I liked the "smart classrooms and the classroom size.

The company provided benefits such as financial perks.
Pros
technology
Cons
students were "customers" no flexibility
Innovative, positive work environment with student focus.
Senior Enrollment / Account Executive (Former Employee) –  SpokaneDecember 2, 2016
University of Phoenix was a great University to not just work for but to also complete my Bachelors and Masters Degree. I have kids and was able to balance work and school which helped me to better assist the students that I worked with. Making a difference in ones life through education is amazing.
Pros
Free Education and job satifaction
Cons
The closure of multiple campases.
Part-Time Associate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2016
I like the flexibility the University offers in terms of being able to teach Psychology online and be available for my kids. I only wish as instructors the company paid a competitive rate compared to other online schools and offered more solicitations to teach a class more than one time per year.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
compensation and benefits
Very good organization to work for
Academic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed the teamwork and collaboration. My teammates assisted each other and the managers were a great support. My experience with the school was great.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
job security
Controversial For Profit University, due to management fraud against students.
Business Law Course Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2016
I learned to use Outlook Newsgroups (now outdated?), their method of developing a course syllabus, management leaves much to be desired, Co workers were very professional, hardest part of job was dealing with social workers supervising criminal justice experts - very frustrating. The enjoyable part was working with students.
Pros
8 week classes
Cons
Management recruited students by fraud
Good employer
Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2016
I enjoyed my time there. They have very good benefits as I was able to complete three degrees without having to use student loans. They are going through some tough times but I have nothing but good things to say about the time I worked there.
Serving as adjunct faculty for University of Phoenix
Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2016
Generally a well run organization but allowed little deviation from the provided lesson plans. This was not a full time job, but one that supplemented my career. I did find that I applied many of the principles that I taught were applicable to my day job.
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2016
Management was Fantastic. The company provided employees with optimal training and resources. I only left due to a pregnancy with twins. My family relocated to OH. If it was possibly I would apply again.
I am an alumni of Phoenix and have deep respect for the faculty staff.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 13, 2016
I love teaching adults about business and the relationship between employer vs employee in achieving strategic goals. I carry this attitude throughout my work environment, no matter the demand of the job.
Pros
The ability to mentor and coach young adults.
Cons
Long day when teaching at night after working all day!
Enrollment Advisor
Senior Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 12, 2016
The culture is great, but the company is very unstable. Managers could be good, but they micromanage you. This job is basically a sales job and you are expected to perform every day and show monthly results.
Pros
Decent pay, good vacation
Cons
Management, no job advancement.
Student on GI bill
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 9, 2016
Was the highest paying for GI benefits in Antelope Valley. Must teachers were very good. Most of the work is in a team environment. Can be a good or bad thing depending on whether you get a bad "apple" or not.
Pros
work teams
Cons
Work teams
No benefit for the loyal and commited
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2016
When I started working here, everyone seemed happy and loved their jobs. As the years progressed, and after John Sperling passed, people seemed more stressed. I worked there for several years, always told I was doing a great job, and given praise continuously, but had the lowest pay compared to those who worked there for a year or two. Promotions depended on how much the person interviewing you liked you. I interviewed for management jobs, but the interviewers were obviously not paying attention to what I was saying and I didn't feel I was taken seriously. I loved working there because of the work life balance and the ability to work from home. However, after 15 years and being diagnosed with a disability, I was let go with 6 weeks severance. I would have thought the severance would be more for all the time, loyalty, and kudos I've received. That is disappointing. If they asked me to come back, I don't know if I would because I would probably still make less than others. I do appreciate that I was able to complete my masters there, however I can only hope that it will help me reach my career goals, especially since it didn't help me while I was working there. As a suggestion, if you have enrollment advisers telling potential students the benefits of having a degree to increase income, the school should follow that line of thought with their own employees. Employees should be offered a pay increase if they receive their degree.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no room for advancement, unfair compensation.
University of Phoenix
Campus Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 6, 2016
I loved my job/career at University of Phoenix. Employees were willing to educate others on the culture and mission of UOP. I found it exciting to work with students daily and to help mold their lives through education.
Enjoylable work environment and easy to balance work and home life.
Enrollment Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2016
This job was very rewarding on days that you met your goal, but could be stressful if you were having difficulty meeting monthly goal requirements.
Pros
The benefits for medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
Cons
The monthly enrollment goals that needed to be met in order to get a pay increase.
Strong commitment to adult education and meeting the student's needs
Director of Academic Affairs (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 4, 2016
Worked with a team committed to providing a strong foundation and education to adults, the majority of whom were working adults with families. Trained and evaluated adjunct faculty;
Pros
positive atmosphere and strong commitment and values
Cons
local campus closed
Good Salary & Vacation Time
Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2016
It is very rare to find a place where you can make over $50000 a year with 5 weeks vacation time!!! Best part of working here! Management is pretty bad and help developing their employees but the pay makes it worth it
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Policies don't help support the students
Product and Good Place to work.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2016
Fast paced environment, high volume of incoming calls and escalation due to processing delays in financial aid.

Management used to be good; however current manger is not very personable and has a power trip in which puts team members down making them feel less superior.

Hardest part of the job is high volume of escalations.

Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with fun and outgoing colleagues.
Pros
Flexiblity in schedules and good pay and paid vacation time.
Cons
Short Breaks and Micromanagement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Phoenix. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Phoenix Reviews by Location