University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Area Chair (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 21, 2014
best employer ever! Great culture, flexible schedule, and they really care about the people.
UOP
Online Instructor (Current Employee), Greenwood, MSApril 17, 2014
Pros: working at home
Cons: not full time
3 hours online
Great online environment which is conducive for learning.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home.
Great place to work; a fun and positive environment!
Manager/Trainer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2014
Pros: free water and a lot of perks; food wise.
Cons: very strict expectations for managers.
I was promoted to a Manager in 6 months. I loved working there and within 1 year, I was promoted to Training/Manger!
Sinking Ship
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Rogers, ARApril 17, 2014
Pros: paid to practically do nothing.
Cons: boring, no job security
Started at UOPX when things were not going well for the company and things got worse. Before I hit my year, over half of the employees had been laid off. After that we were down to 6 employees and I begin to feel excluded. The salary employees starting leaving more on, and leaving two of us to run the campus. All of the rules we had learned began to – more... become irreverent and the campus started shrinking. Everyone now is in fear for their job and no one knows what is going to happen. Also have very few job duties and have to fill the rest of the time up with reading or watching TV. – less
AWESOME!
Instructor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2014
A great organization to be affiliated with; filled with knowledgeable professionals.
Supportive
Instructor of Political Science (Current Employee), OnlineApril 16, 2014
I learned to adapt the resources of the organization to meet the needs of each class and often to individual students. I learned to appreciate the strengths of each student and to elicit the best skills of some to help others perform. I learned to focus on the best abilities of students and simultaneously to coach for improving weaker ones.

Colleagues – more... in this organization are invariably helpful and cooperative. The culture is supportive. – less
The largest online university in the nation offering undergraduate degrees
Instructor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Pros: the largest online university offering undergraduate degrees in the united states
Cons: the university is experiencing tremendous attrition rates
I no longer work for Phoenix University due to the excessive student attrition rates, where I routinely would lose over 40% of the students enrolled by the end of week two of a nine week course. The lack of support for the students, and the ongoing issues and problems identified by my students could no longer be ignored, where I questioned as to whether – more... the number of students who were expected to drop or fail the classes I instructed were a component of the universities business model. I will forever be grateful for the training and opportunity to lean and teach my first online course with the University of Phoenix, however, I could no longer ignore the consistent, ongoing problems being faced by my students. – less
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management
Teaching is/was my passion. I was one of the pilot instructors for the online university at the University of Phoenix. Hours were flexible, I enjoyed class preparation, facilitation and interacting with the students online. I also enjoyed the flexibility, as I was able to work from anywhere and teach my classes.
Great students and flexible hours
Faculty Member (Current Employee), Braintree, MAApril 12, 2014
The best part about working at University of Phoenix is the students. They are all eager to learn and work as hard as possible. It is also very flexible in terms of the classes and hours you work.
A enthusiastic environment
Student Service Coordinator (Former Employee), lathrop,caApril 12, 2014
I was responsible for the wellbeing of the students in assigned campus.
Ensuring all classrooms prepped and computers ready for professors use.
Helping new students adjust to new and different settings
Making sure each student maintains a positive attitude.
I would do campus rounds and close the university at the end of the day.
I also worked very close – more... with the onsite security guard. – less
Good 2nd job.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 10, 2014
Good 2nd job. Great pay and benefits.

I learn a lot about statistics from teaching. The most enjoyable part is watching students excel.
Excellent flexibility in the Online Environment.
Online Instructor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: none.
Corporate relocation from IL to CA with my family allowed me to not skip a beat with teaching online courses in Health & Wellness, Nutrition and Physical Education. The freedom of the online courses reaches beyond the classroom local boundaries and creates an exciting, diverse culture!
Wonderful corporation to work for. They genuinely care about their associates.
Facilitator (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Wonderful co-workers. DAA is very thorough and cares about his students and facilitators.
Great Organization but limited Growth
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2014
I enjoyed my years at UOP. I enjoyed working with the beset group of individuals, great place to start a career. The reason I left was growth was limited despite performing beyond expectations.
Great Culture with great people
Academic Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2014
This is a great company to work for and has a great balance of how to effect work and home life. It is hard to continue because of the lack of progression. There is no movement higher into the company. The hardest part is knowing that even if you continue to do well with the company you will not be able to move forward.
Director, Program/Project Management (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2014
I've been with the company for over 10 years; it's a great place to work.
Fun place to work
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2014
UOPX is a great place to work. Management was really good and offered any assistance they can. Most enjoyable part of working here is helping student from the start of their education to graduation.
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 3, 2014
Generate new leads and business development; while enrolling our students into Undergraduate Programs at UPX.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: n/a
The unique value of this company is work-to-life balance. For any parent we know that our days are unpredictable. In my experience, when I needed to be late for work, due to illness of a child, hours could be made up and not counted against you. In the past, time clocks were unnecessary - now they are required but most supervisors are willing to extend – more... privileges providing you prove yourself as a conscience worker. Not many companies, in my opinion and past experience, provide this acceptance.

What I've learned is that too many people are quick to take advantage of an employer's generosity which makes things difficult for those of us who work with loyalty. That's also the hardest part of the job. Growth within the company is there for you if you strive to improve. – less
Great people to work with
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 2, 2014
Great people to work with, great salary however no commission structure. Great management.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Online is the online division of University of Phoenix, Inc., which is an accredited, private institution – Read more