University of Phoenix

1.1K reviews

University of Phoenix Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you want a free education
Military Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free college
Cons: Yearly shift bids based on tenure
A typical day at work is talking on the phone to assist potential students with information and guidance. My manager was very good to me and my co-workers were the best part of the job.
Opportunity to succeed in all areas, much pressure to always do more.
Senior Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Never late on paychecks, and the opportunity to help people was prevelent.
Cons: A lingering cloud over our heads with cut backs
There was always room to learn more as change was consistent in our daily work schedule. New ways to improve or look at the needs of the companies success.
Great starting pay and benefits, unstable work environment outside of cooperate office.
Re-Entry Counselor (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 26, 2015
Pros: excellent team members
Cons: Unsure of future
UoP is currently going through so many changes with little to no communication from upper management. A typical day is full of outreach to student population. Your co-workers tend to be highly motivated individuals. However due to changes within the organization the field campuses are rapidly being closed and not offering much in the way of advancement if they are sticking around.
Excellent Educational Benefits
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Excellent opportunities to study with the University.
Cons: Job insecurity.
The University of Phoenix is an excellent institution to work for. There are opportunities for advancement (if you are willing to relocate) and the benefits are very good. The only drawback to working with the University is job insecurity since they have been downsizing in the last few years.
Verysatisfying job
Senior Alumni Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, co-workers, chalanges
Cons: no movement
It was enjoyable working there..Many challenges through the day but no movement in the company Typical day was 0-100 diale oer day and prossing paperwork..
Military
Healthcare Military Enrollment (Former Employee), PhoenixAugust 18, 2015
I worked in the military division. I helped people submit their paperwork to take classes with their military benefits.
Productive workplace with very good pay
Qualifying Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Very good pay for the job, good location
Cons: Very high standards, long hours with short breaks and lunches
First job I did was mailing flyers to teachers wanting to further their education and from that, I was guaranteed an interview for a promotion to Qualifying Specialist. I made 200-600 calls per day to potential clients inquiring about our degree programs. I had set goals of transferring those clients over to counselors to talk to them further about the degree they were inquiring about.

I learned – more... how to overcome a rejection from a client and sounding professional on the phone.

The managers I worked with were knowledgeable and very helpful. They wanted you to succeed with the clients that you were communicating with.

My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with.

The hardest part of my job was the high standards set for my job and all the calls were monitored. If you didn't try to overcome a rejection from a client at least once, you were informed about your performance. Some clients weren't very kind or friendly about being called.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was always learning something new or a new way to help further my skills on the phone. I really enjoyed the work atmosphere and the people I worked with. – less
Comfortable work environment
Student Admission Administrator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and decent pay.
Cons: No overtime.
The University of Phoenix has good benefits. Heavy workflow and high volume customer service. Friendly co-workers and managers. Enjoyable part of the job helping students.
Big Business Again
Workforce Advisor / Corp. Education Liaison (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2015
Pros: salary, vacation time
Cons: micro management, constant shuffle, inconsistency
After spending 9+ year at such large University I have learned a lot and been burned a lot. It is only a matter of time before the company realizes that you can not continue to run a business as large as this one without properly rewarding the employees who really do bring in the real money.
enrolled military student in educational program
Military Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: meeting and greetin people. being able to follow student career pahs
Cons: non
as a Military enrollment advisor, I was able to interact with each potential student to obtain a college degree in a field that best fit their ness, I track each recruit to ensure they understood their expectation and made them feel they are apart of a family
Opportunity for growth
Enrollment (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRAugust 10, 2015
Co workers helped each other in the development of one another to help achieve the educational goals of our students while maintaining retention levels
Good Company
Enrollment Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2015
Good opportunities for advancement, they have great benefits a focus on how to help people. The managers were the best at what they did in the industry.
Great colleagues, college atmosphere
Student Services Coordinator - (Temp) (Former Employee), Manassas, VAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: I was able to work with students and help them in the resource center.
I worked for the University of Phoenix on a temporary basis. I enjoyed the educational environment and being able to help/interact with the students in the resource center.
fun and outgoing place to work
Executive Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2015
Daily responsibilities included assisting student with their educational plans. contact and follow up with current student, recruit new students through good customer service. preforming all task provided me an opportunity become a good listener and provide positive feedback. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I played an important role in helping others achieve their goal
Productive and Fun
Psychology Student (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2015
Opens my mind to wonderful and new experiences within myself. It is a great place to meet a variety of people and gain experience needed towards social skills.
a typical day of work
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2015
Upon arriving I would tackle the load of a Finance Counselor, calling and receiving calls from students to advise on Title IV funding. Students would start school, fail classes, and need advisement on their Finance option. I loved the customer service that I was able to provide. It was a very rewarding job
The Job is challenging
Enrollment Advisor-Team Lead (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Salary, Benefits, Coworkers, lower management
Cons: Unrealistic demands on staff
University of Phoenix is a wonderful, challenging career. With that being said, there are some areas that need to improve
Worked extremly hard and cannot find a job to fit my degree.
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: One five-week class at a time.
Cons: Some of the classes were not long enough to take in all information.
Overall, University of Phoenix is a good college but their graduation rate is extremely low due to most students studying improperly.
A typical day for me was studying until four in the morning, seven days per week. I was very dedicated to my work. I learned all about psychology from a business perspective and learned how to work well in a team environment. I was team leader on several occasions. Some of my co-eds were lazy and expected me to do all of the work, but I quickly rectified the situation.
The hardest part of studying at University of Phoenix was requiring other students to co-operate on team assignments. The most enjoyable part was learning about psychology and how it applies to persons everyday life.
University of Phoenix is a great place to Adjunct.
Instructor (Current Employee), onlineAugust 2, 2015
Pros: lots of support for faculty and great rapport with students.
Cons: limited number of courses available
I have been an Adjunct Instructor at Phoenix for five years now and counting. I have been consistently impressed by the quality of the course syllabus and overall quality of the courses I teach. At Phoenix there is in my department anyway a very professional, high quality course with room for instructors to modify and add to some assignment. And yet a high standard of control and rigor written into the course. The materials to proved to Adjunct to work from are of very high caliber and much thought and planning has gone into the entire course. Students are happy yet challenged by the material. The administrative side is well looked after with terrific support materials for both faculty and students. I am in an environment that is serious about student learning and faculty engagement.
Changed for the Worse
Instructor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: everything besides working from home
When I began instructing in 2005, they really cared about the quality of work and allowed the instructors freedom in all areas. By 2011, something had happened, the quality went down the tubes. They seemed to want everyone to graduate so the quality went really downhill and created an uncomfortable structure. I quit in 2013 as I felt it had become really unethical.
Headquarters