University of Phoenix Employee Reviews

Found 1,230 reviews matching the search
Sales person dream
Contact Specialist/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2016
There is nothing I can say but one of the best companies to work for. They promote from within and understand and reward hard work.
Pros
everything
Cons
Good benefits - rough culture because of the acquistion/regulation changes
Financial Services Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2016
I had a terrific time working with University - they helped me fund my education, have very competitive compensation packages, and helped me meet good people I have lasting relationships with.

Because of the regulation changes imposed by the government, along with the competition within the market, things became very challenging to maintain students, recruit new students, and help students remain motivated to complete their education.
Was an okay place to work, benefits far outweighed the bad in the company
Student outreach specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2016
Was an okay place to work, the benefits such as insurance and such far outweighed any of the bad in the company. They were very strict about your phone calls, our department was fairly new so we had to be very adaptable to change, because it was bound to happen at any point, and in a moments notice. Most people all felt the same about the company, and it was a private for profit organization, which a lot did not agree with, and ended up becoming a fault for the college. I still speak with some old co workers who still work there, and they have said many have moved on as they were laid off and things got really bad when the public started to question their creditability.
Rewarding career
Student Admission Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2016
I work in a fast pace environment enrolling students in college. Team environment with passionate employees who love their job. My job entails demonstrated proficiencies in telephone, e-mail, fax and front-desk reception within high-volume environment. The hardest part of my job is computer technology problems.
Pros
Felxible work schedule, team players
Adjunct Online
Online Adjunct Instructor - Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2016
The company was good. I didn't have daily contact as an online instructor. Not a lot of support for adjunct faculty. Wish they communicated better on a regular basis. Also, never knew who I could report to if I had issues.
University of Phoenix
Senior Buis (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2016
Good benefits, work from home program and flexible schedules. There are also opportunities for advancement. However, the last few years the organization has been laying people off so it does not seem like a reliable job anymore.
Great staffing agency
Certified Advanced Facilitator, Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 11, 2016
Act-1 always works hard to find a position that compliments your skills with the companies requirements. I highly recommend the Act-1 team.-they work together and have great local industry connections.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
FA Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoyed assisting students through the financial aid process. Changing lives, and helping students reach their educational goals financially was the best part.
Pros
Discount on Education while employed
Very good place to work if you like seeing progress
Academic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2016
I loved the work environment, we would go and volunteer, team meetings, conference calls, team lunches and activities outside of work. I felt valued as an employee but was laid off with severance package.
Pros
Enviornment, treatment of employees, activities
Cons
Job security
Education
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 6, 2016
A good place to get your degree, They make it accessible to get a degree. They support their faculty and offer outstanding training in all courses. Great place.
Vice President & Dean
VP of Business Development & Dean (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 2, 2016
Co workers were the best part of this position. The culture has shifted over the past year from a creative inclusive environment that nurtured creativity to one of fear due to the impending sale
Pros
people and benefits
Cons
ethics
Ceiling is very low.
Lead Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2016
Very little opportunity for advancement. No matter how hard you work, accomplishments go virtually unrecognized. HR is a very biased entity as well. Not the greatest hob security.
Pros
Cafe and Free Tuition
Cons
Work environment. Culture. Security.
Enjoyable workplace, limited advancement opportunities
Re-Entry Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2016
I have truly enjoyed my time at the University of Phoenix. I have worked under some amazing management in my tenure here. I have had the opportunity to grow professionally here. I have had several opportunities to head up projects and accepted leadership roles while doing these projects. However there is really no room to move up the ladder here. I have strong leadership skills along with extremely proficient knowledge within the realm of Higher Education. I am considered a subject matter expert in several different policies and software applications. As for my day to day activities, I do love speaking with new individuals and help them reach their educational goal to grow professionally. I would like an opportunity to move further in my professional career.
Pros
Fun team atmosphere
Cons
No opportunities for advancement.
Great benefits, low employee morale
Technical Support Analyst - Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2016
I have had a great experience working for University of Phoenix. The salary and benefits were great. The only down side was the employee morale. There have been frequent layoffs and there is not a great feeling of job security. therefore, I am keeping my eyers open and seeing what is out there.
Pros
Great benefits and amount of vacation days
Cons
Low employee morale and no room for advancement
Rough Spot
Classroom Operations (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 23, 2016
This company is in a rough patch financially and currently experiencing a hiring freeze (June 2016). It was a pleasant place to work but with massive layoffs the odds are not in your favor.
sales and customer satisfaction
Financial Aid Rep (Former Employee) –  san jose ca.August 23, 2016
working on the sales department creating a great environment where my employees felt happy to work every day, always was a win win situation.
not only the sales but also the quality that we deliver was so satisfying for all of us
The best organization to work for
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 23, 2016
I loved my job when I worked at UOPX. Unfortunately I was laid off, but if I ever find an opening for UOPX I will not hesitate to re-apply. Everyone of all levels are amazing individuals, rewarding work, and an upbeat culture made me fall in love with higher education.
Difficult to get assignments these days
Online & Ground Instructor (Current Employee) –  Online from homeAugust 21, 2016
I joined the University over 13 years ago. Since then, enrollment has fallen and courses are typically assigned to experienced faculty. If you do a good job, you are not guaranteed but can pretty much trust that you will continue to receive assignments. But adjunct teaching can be unstable. I love teaching online but it is far more work than most realize and it is definitely not for everybody. I totally support what the University does by offering a nontraditional program and I think we offer as much academic rigor as any other school. But the focus is on practioneer experience. I have never met my peers, but I enjoy interacting with them in the online venue.
Easy work.
Sr. Military Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2016
Good people and simple work, life balance. Lots of free time and great benefits. Autonomy to conduct own business but there was leadership and guidance.
A hideous place to teach
Graduate School Professor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2016
No wonder UOP is dying.. they are a horrendous place to teach. Unimaginative ... and very negative Students and faculty are all unhappy

Courses are strict and managed by individuals who may not even have a teaching background

University of Phoenix Reviews by Location