University of Phoenix
1,033 reviews

University of Phoenix Employee Reviews

An enriching educational work environment with wonderful support program
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Des Peres, MOJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Assisting students with their education
Cons: Sales
As a student enrollment counselor it is your job to help potential students realize their educational dreams and aspersions. Using something called the "the onion" the enrollment counselor peels back each layer of the onion to uncover the students life time goals and how they can reach those goals through their education.
Good
Director of Enrollment (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2015
UOP was a great place to work. It went through many changes and due to all the new regulations. It has made it difficult to promote our staff.
I love working with and for great people
Senior Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Not a great feeling of job security or room for advancement
I have been dedicated employee for the University Of Phoenix for almost 8 years. I have always enjoyed what I do and the people I work with. Things have changed so I'm looking to take my career in a different direction.
Great Place to work at
Campus Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great Experience
Cons: Evening hours
Helping students and faculty during class sessions
Great supervisor
Independence
Communicating with others
Working the evening hours is the hardest part of the job
Productive, but no room for advancement
Senior Enrollment Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Decent heatlh benefits
Cons: No advancement opportunities
Good work place, but there is no option for personal growth and advancement. Policies and procedures need to be revamped to align with the new objectives.
Great place to work and I enjoy interacting with the students.
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2015
Great Company with flexible schedules. The faculty is professional and the UOP is always updating the technology and course curriculum for the faculty to use to stay current with today's technological advances and industry trends.
Great
Online Instructor (Current Employee), OnlineJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Lots of long hours
Love working here! The company strives to make sure students have a great learning experience. I would recommend this school to any student looking for a flexible and excellent education.
Selling Education
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Pays well, lots of vacation days.
Cons: Sales job
You are basically a sales person attempting to sell school to people who should not be going to college yet. Held to numbers everyday such as dials, talk time, and overall what you did all day.
UOPX REVIEW
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Helping people find their goals
Cons: Numbers/referrals culture, Micro Management
Inbound calls from potential candidates, interviewing and assisting website information, degree programs as well as many other duties.

I learned empathy and how to listen and motivate individuals who – more... needed direction or simply an understanding of how there goals were achievable. I had the opportunity to enroll for our healthcare/nursing programs., MSC, mental health, Military and Bachelor of Human Services.

The hardest part of my job was not beings able to get a potential student past paperwork delays and other departments. The most rewarding part was thank you calls at the end of a year or graduation or letters, phone interviews in which a person would tell you thank you and they just start. – less
Individual growth
Military Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits
The University of Phoenix has given me the opportunity to grow as an employee and person. I am able to work with a myriad of people on a daily basis.
Comfortable place. Hard to leave.
Senior Manager of Student Services and Finance (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Large organization. Lots of opportunity.
Cons: Changes in government regulations continue to cause layoffs.
I worked at University of Phoenix for 13 years in many different departments with many different job titles. I enjoyed many parts of my job, and found many others to be very challenging.
Excellent on the job training!
ENROLLMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Columbus GAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Excellent Training
Cons: Lack of Job Security
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT – Develop and implement strategic and tactical training and coaching programs to increase productivity and professional growth among team members.
TEAM MANAGEMENT – Committed to quarterbacking internal teams through the exchange of knowledge, experience, and goal sharing to optimize strategies and achieve company objectives.
comfortable, structured work environment, great continuouse training and day hours to help with family life.
Finance Advisor (Former Employee), Santa teresa NMJuly 22, 2015
great place to work, only negative was little room for grow. Other wise great training, and management team. they provided time for team building. and opportunity for continuous educational growth.
Great Company
Operations Manager - Prior Learning Assessment (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2015
Great place to work, benefits are awesome, the people are amazing, hardest part of the job would be having to leave. Management is always will to help with any concerns or issues.
Good work place and team work.
Data Entry/Office Assistance (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2015
Pros: good communication throughout department
Cons: temporary position
Every day was a success. Learned different types of education testing and scanning for completion. Co-workers were great much of a help. Good location.
University of Phoenix
Executive Enrollment Advisor and Manager I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits and Salaries, Helping students
Cons: Lay-offs, So many internal changes, government attacks on for-profit schools
A typical day at work was easy and stress free. The prospecting students were mostly easy to talk to and interested in what UOPX has to offer. The job entails talking to students, offering programs, and – more... helping them through the enrollment process. Employees get along well and are more than willing to help each other. The University is held to standards and compliance by government agencies such as board of education and those on the hill whom want to set higher standards and restrictions on for-profit schools. UOPX is a great place for the grown adult to further their education and achieve their career goals. I started there with no degree and was able to finish my Masters degree while working and taking care of 2 children. I was able learn how to work self paced, communicate and build rapport with students, and use several systems to manage and record student records. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if you were going to stay employed for very long. Over the past few years the governments push on for profit schools has set the stage for lay-offs, fewer student enrollment, and so many changes internally that employees were always left wondering when the ship was going to sink. Overall I enjoyed my position with UOPX and salaries and benefits were very good. – less
UOP
Military Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: job security
I enjoyed helping students, particularly the military veterans. The compensation and benefits were great. Management needed a better training program. The changing for-profit education climate meant that job security was less than stellar.
Empowerment
Adjunct (Part-Time) Professor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 20, 2015
Loved and Lived by the following principles:
 Professionalism - We distinguish ourselves as educators.
 Teamwork - We work together strategically, creatively, and courageously to achieve overall team – more... success and to cultivate a legacy of ‘service before self’.
 Ownership - We empower an autonomous environment of performance, responsibility, accountability, and perseverance.
 Integrity - We are unyielding in our ethics and honesty, leading ourselves and our teams to produce highly reputable work and giving credit where due.
 Openness - We operate with inclusive transparency to the extent we are able. We respectfully share innovative ideas, remain adaptable, and communicate proactively.
 Appreciation - We recognize and appreciate our valued team members.
 Heart - Our approach is full of care, good-spirited humor, and an inspiring attitude. We do not want to miss an opportunity to enhance our business or personal growth.
 Accountability – Committed to performance and results, we set clear, measurable goals and consistently monitor progress to ensure that they are achieved. – less
Overall Good Place to Work
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Emotionally controlling
Every company has good and bad attributes. This company is no different. Served me well and gave me good experience for moving forward.
Good place to work while getting your degree for free. After that, it is time to move on.
Senior Academic Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2015
Get your degree for free, then move on. The company has had hard times over the last 5 years. Expect more of that. Moral was low because of numerous layoffs.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Phoenix

In 1976, Dr. John Sperling, a Cambridge-educated economist, saw an opportunity: to create an accredited academic institution that – Read more

University of Phoenix Salaries

$74,000 per year
Senior Enrollment Advisor
$55,000 per year

University of Phoenix Photos

Where I spent 1.8 months of my time.
Graduation 2013.  Enrollment and support staff.