UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH AT JOHNSTOWN

Great
Administrative Office Support (Current Employee), Johnstown, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Great co-workers and management
Excellent networking opportunities.
Experience in field of study.
Good Job
Rockwall staff (Current Employee), Johnstown paJune 1, 2014
Pros: nice people
for working in a gym it is flexible hours and nice people. Very nice co workers, good management, descent pay for what you have to do.
Excellent experience in working with students
Tutor (Current Employee), Johnstown, PADecember 12, 2013
I am a Business Statistics and Principles of Finance Tutor. I really enjoy this position, it gives me a chance to interact with my classmates and help them excel in those two classes. At the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown (UPJ) Business Statistics is one of the most difficult classes within the business department. While I was enrolled in the class I struggled and found myself in need of a tutor. My tutor was a foreign exchange student and was very difficult to understand. During my tutoring secession I felt that there has to be an easier way. I decided to do something about this difficult situation so I started to use the teachings of my tutor and started teaching others within the class. I really enjoyed teaching my fellow students, consequently after I completed the class I signed up to become a tutor and have not looked back since.

After I tutored Statistics for a semester I decided to take on more responsibility and become a Principles of Finance tutor. As a result of a high demand of students in need of a Finance tutor I had to conduct 2 group tutoring meetings weekly. Working with a group was more challenging that individual meetings but I was able to overcome this obstacle and help meet the students needs.
Seeing to the day-to-day operations of a University
Buyer II/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great benifts
My days at the UPJ Physical Plant varied from day to day depending on organizational and institutional needs. Answering multiple telephone lines, serving as communications coordinator for plant personnel and receiving visitors were daily duties. I maintained time records for 55 unionized employees to keep track of available sick time, vacation and personal days.
I was responsible for buying for the University's repair parts, upgrades and materials.
All work order requests came through my office and I assigned them accordingly. I also supported two co-directors and four supervisors as needed.

The directors of the Physical Plant were wonderful to work with, allowing me to work practically unsupervised. I was the only front office person with an occasional student (work study) to help with day-to-day operations.

The 55 employees who maintained the campus were very friendly
and I feel I was very helpful to them in their requests for help.

I enjoyed working in a fast-paced environment to assure all facilities were functioning properly and that the needs of students, faculty and staff were met promptly. Multi-tasking daily was both the hardest and most enjoyable part of my job.
Volleyball Camp Counselor
Volleyball Summer Camp Assistant Director (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAMay 15, 2012
I helped out at a summer volleyball as a counselor. My duties were keeping track of the the campers in evening. As well as creating drills and teams for the day time activities.