University of Pittsburgh

University of Pittsburgh Employer Reviews

Great Benefits and Atmosphere
Research Specialist (III) (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: health insurance, bus pas, discounts, tuition remission
I love working for the University. I love being in Oakland, and enjoy working with like-minded individuals. The benefits are great, to me. I've honed some skills that I already had, and learned new ones. The only downside is job security, in a time when funding for research is scant, there are no guarantees.
I love my college.
Intern in Medical Social Work (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAMarch 15, 2014
I started at CalU, but Pitt-Greensburg is a much better fit for me. I really enjoyed my three years there!
Research Associate III
Research Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAMarch 12, 2014
The University of Pittsburgh underpays it research staff. The only thing I can say as my PI was a great person to work for. There is no movement in salary other than a 2% raise once a year, but plan on making what your hired at until the day you leave. Performing high level biochemical and biomedical experiments for 34,500/year is a joke. Not only performing – more... them, writing the protocols for these experiments, data analysis, and trouble shooting them. – less
Nice City with livable cost
PA, Microscopy Analyst and Projects Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2014
Enjoyable work environment.
Learn things new everyday
Learnt management skills.
Friendly co-workers.
A good program for teaching General Chemistry I and II labs
Laboratory Teaching Assistant UTU (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2014
The Undergraduates Teaching Undergraduates Program. Per week, I would attend an instructional class and then administer the General Chemistry Laboratory course which included offering an informative pre-laboratory session, proctoring the lab, and grading students' lab reports.
Educational work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAMarch 5, 2014
Interact with students on a daily basis. Teach the fundamentals of lab to understand, complete, and succeed.
Good Company to work for
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2014
Enjoyed time there. Good benefits but low pay. Learned a lot about the computer industry.
Football Office was a great place to work. Love sports.
Recruiting Secretary (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2014
Worked with the football players daily and prepared plays and dealt with new recruits that Pitt was interested in. Great place to work.
Good pay but no job security
Biomedical Research Technician IV - Lab Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 10, 2014
The pay is good and most of the co-workers are friendly. However, like many other research positions, my job is funded by grants. This makes the position very unsecure and there is not really much room for advancement.
Recruiting Opportunity
Undergraduate Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2014
Incredible opportunities to travel, conduct admission presentations, and assist future students through the admission's process.
Fun and challenging place to work, good compensation, awesome benefits
Research Specialist IV (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits, high pay, rewarding career
Cons: lots of hours without overtime pay
This was the best job I ever had, and the benefits are out of the world. I only had $20 copays on my medical benefits for office visits, $50 ER copays and $5 drug copays. I had full vision and dental too. Also, they paid for me to attend school at their Graduate School of Public Health without costing me a dime. The hardest thing about this job was – more... finding parking, but once a slot opened up in the employee lot, that got a bit easier. – less
Productive and efficient work place
Lab Consultant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Working with CSSD at University of Pittsburgh helps me use my Industrial Engineering skills
Academic and professional
Research Assistant (Former Employee), PittsburghFebruary 2, 2014
I worked for my academic advisor and we are doing scientific researches with other professors together at the University of Pittsburgh.
Very knowledgeable employees with a focus on professionalism and detail.
Computer Technician (ResNet / OSCAR Consultant) (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Employees were always on time and went above and beyond to find out the true issue of the customers' problems. Once the employee implemented the remedy, they took the time to educate on prevention and maintenance.
Very competitive and challenging
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: many oppotunities
Cons: far to travel from greensburg
Opportunity for growth, great opportunities and benefits
Secretary II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2014
typical work varies on department and position
management is okay
benefit packages are good
Great co-workers but very busy and professional
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2014
Very busy very professional, everyone knew there job and went about their business with little or no supervision
Great work environment
Research assistant (Former Employee), Oakland, PAJanuary 8, 2014
Everyone was extremely cooperative and helpful. The work was frustrating at times but with the aid of coworkers, it was manageable. Overall was a great experience.
MD doing research in Human Genetics
Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 21, 2013
I used to do research in Human Genetics in many diseases which are hereditary and looking to the mutation.
doing pcr ,genotyping,sequencing and DNA extraction and purification.
Excellent workplace with outstanding colleagues
Professor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 16, 2013
A nurturing and collegial place for a scientist to realize his/her dreams, provided he/she works extremely hard and has the good fortune of having his/her grant proposals funded.