University of Pittsburgh

University of Pittsburgh Employer Reviews

Great University & Work Environment
Director of Alumni Clubs & Councils (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2014
As a two-time graduate of Pitt, it's very easy to love working for the University especially in an alumni relations capacity.

We have a great working environment with varied challenges and experiences. I've had the opportunity to meet some of the most incredible people via my time here and I work with a fun set of coworkers and supervisors.

I truly – more... enjoy promoting the alumni networks around the country and keeping alumni engaged with the University!

Hail to Pitt! – less
Good company
Radiologic imaging data analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2014
I learned a lot at this company and made a lot of valuable contacts. My position was dissolved because of a lack of grant money awarded.
Good University to teach with substancial compensation
Russian Language Instructor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2014
I have a short experience teaching there, but it appears a good place to work in the beautiful old Cathedral of Learning placed in the city with great history.
Fun work place
Clerk/ Librarian Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2014
Pros: borrowed as much books as i wanted.
Cons: days went by slow
Able to study for school while working the job
Customer service of students was always a plus
Typical work day would be organizing books and catelogs then helping others with library services.
Did mostly clerical work and calendar planning for the librarian
Innovative Work Guidelines With Teamwork Atmosphere
Special Education Reading Tutor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2014
*daily check in with management
*open to constructive ideas
*good balance with home life
Highly Educational and Cultural Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits: education, health and holidays
Cons: salary is not that great
I learn a lot from the professors in this department. I absolutely enjoy assisting students who take courses within this department. Being support staff to the faculty is very rewarding. One of the hardest parts of the job is getting professors to comply with deadlines!
An excellent position for an Undergrad
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for Immunology (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 27, 2014
I felt I grew quite a bit over the course of my education and while working in this position. I felt I gained many laboratory skills and excellent communication skills.
Great learning experience
Music Director, WPTS (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2014
It was very beneficial to learn about public radio. I held a top recognized radio show for 5 years had meet many music artist.
Great Employer
Circulation/Reference Desk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2014
My time working at the Bevier Engineering Library at the University of Pittsburgh taught me much about library operations and allowed me to interact on a regular basis with many different types of patrons.
The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center allowed me to have a diverse range of experience from providing patient care to assisting the RN
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2014
UPMC St. Margaret provided a wonderful, friendly work environment that allowed me to improve my skills as a Patient Care Technician on a daily basis. A typical day at work was very structured to make sure all aspects of patients' care were completed. It was always encouraged to voice any ideas for improvement. Staff evaluations by the unit director – more... allowed employees to improve or continue with their skills and interpersonal relationships. – less
Keeping track of hours
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 3, 2014
Pros: good learning experience
Keeping track of hours is a little loose. Okay place to work.
Assist in the microforms in Hillman Library
Assist patrons (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 1, 2014
 Assist patrons with locating microforms, scanning, etc.
 Collect information by scanning microfilms and microfiches for patrons on the telephone
 Provide advice and answer patrons’ questions
productive and fun academic institute
Student (Current Employee), Johnstown, PAApril 19, 2014
Pros: great knowledge gained
Cons: at a high price
I am a current senior at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, majoring in geography as well as pursuing a degree in gis.
cool
Wrestling Team Captain (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2014
Participated in sports with middle school students from the Pittsburgh area
The positions I held while at the University were fast paced and exciting.
Secretary II (Former Employee), School of Engineering - Associate Dean's officeMarch 31, 2014
Pros: strengthened my knowledge of aids, as well as got me to visit many areas in the state that i may not have seen otherwise.
Cons: long days and little sleep often occurred when we traveled.
While employed with the PA AIDS Education I was part of a team who were grant funded. We were educating the public about AIDS. I was typing the presentation, copying and putting binders together for the participants. We scheduled the presenters, as well as made their travel arrangements. We accepted payment and balanced as necessary. We traveled to – more... the site and ensured that the presentation was fine tuned. We pre-arranged lunch and snacks for the participants and presenters. We allowed the participants to provide us feedback as well. – less
Excellent and rewarding work environment
Clinical Data Manager (Former Employee), PittsburghMarch 27, 2014
Pros: very good benefits, friendly atmosphere
Cons: salaries lower than avarage in industry
The University of Pittsburgh provides many exciting opportunities for job fulfillment and for professional and personal growth.
Excellent facilities to support research.
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2014
Highly collaborative environment between the School of Engineering and clinicians at UPMC.
Tedious Work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 23, 2014
Compiling lists of hazardous materials can be exhausting and monotonous.
The University of Pittsburgh
Case Manager, Social Work Intern (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: opportunities for growth
Cons: large institution, complicated hierarchy
I would recommend the University of Pittsburgh as an employer. As a large institution there are numerous opportunities for growth and development. Unfortunately, as with any job, work life balance is questionable depending on your supervisor, however, overall, I believe that many supervisors understand the importance of this issue and encourage it.
good environment
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee), PittsburghMarch 19, 2014
good benefit and working atmosphere. There's good resource for academic reasearch

University of Pittsburgh Photos