University of Pittsburgh Employee Reviews

Ideal academic environment with high standards of research
Research Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2015
My experience at the University of Pittsburgh has been outstanding. I had the opportunity to learn about science from experienced and phenomenal researchers and supervisors. I am thankful to this institution.
Productive work enviornment
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PaApril 27, 2015
I enjoyed the hands on experience of working in the lab and i also learned a lot of valuable information that can be used in the future. I was also involved in projects and activities along with the other grad students.
A Lot to Learn
Husbandry Tech (Full-time) (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2015
This was a amazing place to work. I took care of the laboratory animals. All animals are very well taken care of. This is an independent job, you are alone the majority of the day. Very straight forward easy schedule.
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2015
Great work place, secure job, great benefits and very good co-workers, not too many oportunities for carrier advancement, overall a fun place to work.
Clinial Coordinator job at Pitt
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits, work with great people
Cons: grant funded positions do not equal stability
I very much enjoy my typical duties associated with being a clinical research coordinator at the University of Pittsburgh. I very much enjoy interacting with patients and clinical staff to achieve a common goal.
A great place to learn.
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2015
Grad school in pittsburgh is great. Lots of industry support and learning opportunities. The field of electrical engineering is very present in the city.
Major skills
Course project (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Never stopping reading
Cons: coding no device
The projects are really big Challenge for a student. We make our own team to build the projects. Every projects we cut it to small pieces to overcome them though asking our professors and reading.

Although the result is not perfect as our target,it's really pleasure when I see my team step by step to our goal. Finally I complete my assignment and give a conversation to my classmates. It's really proud when we get their applause.

The most important thing I learn from there is team-work and never give up.
Great place to work. Full of energy everywhere
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Swansson school of EngineeeringMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Is not the clasic work rutine. Always there are something new to learn and do.
Cons: Salaries are not so good as in the industry but everybody knos that.
Work with young people always give you some energy back.
Always pursuit for some new project or new development the University or the Research work gives you the oportunity of be updated and be always one step beyond.
A typic day starst early morning but is not just a rutine. Always s different so is not like a boring office job.
About the learning oportunities... well.. this is a University. No limits for goes and grab some new knowledg from your teammates or the students!
All the dudes here are always ready to help you and to teach you and learn from you all the time.
The hardest part of the work is not the work himself. Maybe the worst part of be a researcher in a University could be the salary.
You can work with your passions and your hobbies... the work is fun and the reports are just the part where you ca show how much you have enjoy the experience.
Great Place to learn and explore
Computer Lab Consultant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: tecchnical skills, interaction, problem solving
Cons: short breaks, highly time bound
With regards to the typical day, the work environment is relaxed and fun. Not much pressure is put onto the employees. The management is quite understanding and supportive. This has helped me gain alot with interacting and handling queries and problems of fellow students and also provided me with good troubleshooting skills. The people who i work with are proficient and skill full.
Awesome experience
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh,PAMarch 10, 2015
Learnt troubleshooting,excellent management
Co-Workers were user friendly
Most Enjoyable part is we can learn new technologies everyday
Great Place to Work
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: the benefits are spectacular.
Cons: staff can be treated better.
I work with goal oriented, results driven, professionals. I love the educational support and will work with you 100% to attain educational goals.
Great Place to Work
Practice Improvement Specialist (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 8, 2015
The University of Pittsburgh Child Welfare Resource Center is a wonderful, professional, and progressive place to work. The team works hard to improve the lives of children and families but they also have a lot of fun together.
The tension is too high.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, time off
Cons: parking expense, management
*Busy from start to finish. Somedays are more busy than others, where there is no time for a lunch break.
*I learned word processing, how to be a hard worker, how to multitask.
*Management is poor. There is very little time spent on that. If there's a problem, they ignore it or they deal with one side of the problem only.
*I love my coworkers, aside from a couple.
*The hardest part for me is coming here everyday and feeling like nobody has my back. Feeling stressed and all alone. Knowing that my boss has no time for me and doesn't feel it necessary to even find time.
*I have enjoyed getting to meet so many people in the 33 years I've spent here at the Univ. of Pittsburgh. Most are gone but I still keep in touch with several. Some are still here and I truly cherish their friendship and know that I will have them in my life forever.
If you Love animals
Veterinary Technician/Research Specialist II (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Daily monitoring and caring for animals
Speaking with a variety of doctors and technicians
Being apart of published papers and getting acknowledgment for your accomplishments
Everyone at work is nice and extremely helpful
Hardest part of the job- Keep in your mind everything you do is to save a life and making a huge impact in the world of research
I learned a lot from my internship
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Working here vastly expanded my knowledge of working in a research lab. The tasks were awesome and it was a fun environment.
Need hard working and learning quickly
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 10, 2015
* Read some literatures and help professor do some projects

*Have learned a lot in data mining and data analysis

*My co-workers were very nice and good team worker

*The most hardest part of the job was to learn some new algorithms

*The most enjoyablet part of the job was to solve problems using creative methods designed by myself
This is the school I am in.
Research Associate (Current Employee), PittsburghFebruary 8, 2015
I am currently studying in University of Pittsburgh to pursuit my PhD. I am also a research associate here. This is not a typical job here. I don't have any review about it.
great place to work for 24 years
Data Control Specialist III (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Has been a great place to work for over 24 years, only reason for leaving is due to the lack of funding to continue the center
Have worked with a great bunch of people and will miss them
Average Job, Terrible Politics
Systems Engineer III (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, supportive coworkers
Cons: politics of management
It's your typical sysadmin job with a bunch of unique systems to maintain. It's a challenge in itself until the management politics starts rolling in and most things turn into finger pointing even on relatively small issues.

The majority of your coworkers are knowledgeable and friendly and there's a wide range of personalities so no one is without allies.

Benefits are second to none. Fairly cheap zero deductible insurance, almost free tuition for you and your direct family, significant IRA (403a) matching.
State-of-the-art facility that housed servers and network equipment that ensured stable and reliable services for University enterprise systems.
Network Operations Center / Senior NOC Monitor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work and learn. • Provided network monitoring and troubleshooting, desktop support, application support, consulting services, planning, and implementation of centralized and distributed application systems.