University of Pittsburgh Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed working in the University of Pittsburgh
Research Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 2, 2015
I enjoyed working with our team in the University of Pittsburgh. We work hard, and our efforts are very productive. We processed clinical blood samples including PBMCs from whole blood, aliquot serum and plasma storing and shipping the blood –related samples, maintaining the accurate computer, and performed QCs, which were associated with blood products and equipment, tissue culture, immunoassay including ELISA, FACS, SDS-PAGE, PCR.
Productive yet non-demanding environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2015
Loved this job. The office was closed due to lack of funding. My job here was recruiter for health studies.There was much people contact involving interviewing and qualifying prospective participants for health studies.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
financed by "soft money" which was eventually gone
Incredible coaching experience while pursuing an MBA
Graduate Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2015
I was able to manage completing my Master's degree while helping the women's basketball assistant coaches with day-to-day activities. These activities included:
• Assists the coaching staff with player development, recruiting, and statistical analysis
• Crafts scouting reports presenting statistics regarding the team’s opponents; presents findings to the team and assisted in developing an offensive strategy
• Maintains records of statistics during every basketball game which aids in determining the best plays to run both offensively and defensively
• Coaches players one on one and in team settings on areas of development including speed and playing technique
Exellent benefits, job security and work/life balance
Research (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 13, 2015
Provided the opportunity to work with the brightest most influential key opinion leaders in my field. Retirement and tuition benefits, as with most universities, cannot be beat. However, if you are in need of a competitive salary, career advancement and faster pace you will likely need to move elsewhere.
Pros
Job security, benefits, colleagues
Cons
Career advancement
Very experience and fun place to work at
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Titusville, PAJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work would be sitting at the desk and just assisting students or staff with any questions or concern.Along with that, I would sometimes collect money from our guest who rent out a room for racquetball. Students would come by and pick up or ask about their packages that comes to the school. I learn how to multitask, logging in/out packages and equipment. I also learn more about communications skills. The co-workers are very nice, but we don't work together, there are schedule time where one person works at the front desk at a time. The hardest part of the job would be not knowing where the packages for the students are, because its frustrated the students when they are wondering where their stuff is. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I get to meet everyday and have conversations.
huge different environment from the previous college
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 11, 2015
First experience of teaching huge class, more than 150 student in one classroom. Office is in high rise building. Student bodies are also huge.
Great preparation
Organic Chemistry I Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  PittsburghJune 6, 2015
I taught as an undergraduate organic chemistry laboratory instructor during my time as an undergraduate at the university. It was an enjoyable experience and further prepared me for being responsible with large groups. I was in charge of around 14 students for 4 semesters; teaching, evaluating, and being held responsible for the safety of students who were often older than me. It was a great experience and it was a good job to develop skill-sets regarding laboratory safety and group work.
Okay
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 1, 2015
Typical higher education work environment. Good place if you want the added benefit of pursing another or higher degree for almost free.
Part Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 25, 2015
I was a part time instructor at the computer science department. Professors are very knowledgeable,encouraging ,helpful and approachable.Great time working
very cool
Student (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 13, 2015
This school is amazing.It is settled right in the city so there is never a dull moment. I love going back to PA to visit the area and people
Ideal academic environment with high standards of research
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2015
My experience at the University of Pittsburgh has been outstanding. I had the opportunity to learn about science from experienced and phenomenal researchers and supervisors. I am thankful to this institution.
Productive work enviornment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh PaApril 27, 2015
I enjoyed the hands on experience of working in the lab and i also learned a lot of valuable information that can be used in the future. I was also involved in projects and activities along with the other grad students.
A Lot to Learn
Husbandry Tech (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2015
This was a amazing place to work. I took care of the laboratory animals. All animals are very well taken care of. This is an independent job, you are alone the majority of the day. Very straight forward easy schedule.
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2015
Great work place, secure job, great benefits and very good co-workers, not too many oportunities for carrier advancement, overall a fun place to work.
Clinial Coordinator job at Pitt
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 16, 2015
I very much enjoy my typical duties associated with being a clinical research coordinator at the University of Pittsburgh. I very much enjoy interacting with patients and clinical staff to achieve a common goal.
Pros
great benefits, work with great people
Cons
grant funded positions do not equal stability
A great place to learn.
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2015
Grad school in pittsburgh is great. Lots of industry support and learning opportunities. The field of electrical engineering is very present in the city.
Major skills
Course project (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2015
The projects are really big Challenge for a student. We make our own team to build the projects. Every projects we cut it to small pieces to overcome them though asking our professors and reading.

Although the result is not perfect as our target,it's really pleasure when I see my team step by step to our goal. Finally I complete my assignment and give a conversation to my classmates. It's really proud when we get their applause.

The most important thing I learn from there is team-work and never give up.
Pros
Never stopping reading
Cons
coding no device
Great place to work. Full of energy everywhere
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swansson school of EngineeeringMarch 27, 2015
Work with young people always give you some energy back.
Always pursuit for some new project or new development the University or the Research work gives you the oportunity of be updated and be always one step beyond.
A typic day starst early morning but is not just a rutine. Always s different so is not like a boring office job.
About the learning oportunities... well.. this is a University. No limits for goes and grab some new knowledg from your teammates or the students!
All the dudes here are always ready to help you and to teach you and learn from you all the time.
The hardest part of the work is not the work himself. Maybe the worst part of be a researcher in a University could be the salary.
You can work with your passions and your hobbies... the work is fun and the reports are just the part where you ca show how much you have enjoy the experience.
Pros
Is not the clasic work rutine. Always there are something new to learn and do.
Cons
Salaries are not so good as in the industry but everybody knos that.
Great Place to learn and explore
Computer Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 20, 2015
With regards to the typical day, the work environment is relaxed and fun. Not much pressure is put onto the employees. The management is quite understanding and supportive. This has helped me gain alot with interacting and handling queries and problems of fellow students and also provided me with good troubleshooting skills. The people who i work with are proficient and skill full.
Pros
tecchnical skills, interaction, problem solving
Cons
short breaks, highly time bound
Awesome experience
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh,PAMarch 10, 2015
Learnt troubleshooting,excellent management
Co-Workers were user friendly
Most Enjoyable part is we can learn new technologies everyday

4.3