University of Puget Sound

University of Puget Sound Employer Reviews

Attractive work with good co-workers and good students.
Associate Professor (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 25, 2014
My primary task was teaching a number of computer science topics. In addition I installed and configured servers to be used by students.
The CWLT was a great place to work.
Business Tutor (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 24, 2014
Worked at the Center for Writing, Learning and Teaching at the University of Puget Sound. The atmosphere was great, and all the tutors worked together to make the center very effective to those who utilized it.
Highly responsive administration
Debate Coach (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 14, 2014
Very hands off with regards to the function of the debate team, which is incredibly important to being competitively successful.
Challenging and supportive unviersity.
Neuropsychology Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 30, 2014
I loved going to school at the University of Puget Sound. I was offered wonderful opportunities to pursue the best education possible. I had wonderful experiences with my faculty and other students.
Great Environment and Well Paid
Member (Former Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 12, 2013
Staff was terrific and our efforts were for a meaningful end.
Orientation Leader
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 7, 2012
I worked with incoming freshmen as an Orientation Leader at the University.
A Challenging, but Worthwhile Experience
General Chemistry Lab Prep (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 29, 2012
As a student employee, the hours are flexible and the workload is easily manageable with the rest of your academics. Unfortunately, though you are working behind the scenes, you won't learn too much more about chemistry by having this job or interact too much with most of the professors.

Management is hit or miss, the storeroom manager can be difficult – more... to get along with and has a tendency to be rude without meaning to be, but he is understanding when it comes to working around your busy student schedule. The professors who guide the assistants are for the most part very helpful, but sometimes can be hard to track down and poorly organized. – less
Prosteges University
Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach/Head Recruiter (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 21, 2012
• Recruit over 700 highly skilled student-athletes for the men's basketball program each year.
• Attend hundreds of basketball games across the country to discover potential prospects.
• Conduct meetings high school basketball coaches and counselors to gain knowledge on the character of each recruit.
• Make over 100 phone calls and send over 400 emails – more... weekly to recruits providing knowledge about the University of Puget Sound.
• Schedule campus visits and home visits with recruits.
• Weekly meetings with admissions counselors and student financial service counselors to get updates on each recruits application process and financial aid.
• Participate in fundraising/public relation’s events. Supervises and evaluates team captains to ensure responsibilities are being upheld.
• Oversee the conduct and discipline of student athletes. Counsel members of the basketball program and develop, motivate, and assist in the pursuit of academic/athletic excellence.
• Monitors and ensures academic progress of members of the basketball team.
• Build relationships with varies AAU coaches and high school coaches across the country
• Update notes on recruits into frontrush software.
• Mail out over 100 handwritten letters to our recruits across the country.
• Conduct weight lifting and skill development schedule for the team.
• Schedule Alumni events with the men’s basketball program.
• Create itinerary for all road games.
• Film exchange
• Breakdown practice/game film and upload on hudl software for players and coaches to view.
• May drive student athletes or other students to team activities and/or athletic events.
• Provide support to other coaches in the University in any way that I can.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing our players graduate. Puget Sound is one of the top academic universities on the west coast, so being able to mentor these young men and help them in their transition into the real world is very enjoyable for me.

The hardest part of the job would be recruiting. Puget Sound is considered the Harvard of the West Coast, so academically we only recruit the best academic students in the country. We also dont offer athletic scholarships being that we're a NCAA DIII school, so we must find student/athletes who excel in both the classsroom and on the basketbal court. – less
Great experience builder
Student investigator (Former Employee), Biology and Chemistry DepartmentsNovember 15, 2011
Plenty of access to research mentors and labs to work from. Ideal for a candidate beginning the research process.