University of Redlands Employee Reviews

Overview
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 24, 2017
• Water, soil, and atmospheric chemical evaluation of human impact on pristine ecosystems in the Sierra Nevada mountain range
• Publication of Watershed Profile Assessment with Inyo National Forest service
Very Pleased
Redlands - Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 2, 2017
The atmosphere is very team-oriented, and I feel very involved. I enjoy working on projects with the other people in my office, and my supervisor is easy to work with. I have learned a lot about working in a modern day office and the workplace environment.
Loved Deborah
Directors Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I always went in and left with a smile on my face. This was an amazing on campus job to have. Working under someone who was continuously organized was a relief in and of itself.
Fun place to work
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 1, 2017
All the employees in the Admissions office are extremely friendly and always willing to help if you need it. It was a pretty simple job.
Good balance for students.
Tutor & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 7, 2016
Corrected and provided feedback for students' homework. Worked about 10 hours per week. Easy to complete while taking classes.
Acceptable
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 6, 2016
Position filled was a paid and tuition reimbursed internship. Learned how to manage employees, clerical work, communication with outside vendors, daily, weekly, and monthly planning of sports teams as well as fitness center operations. A typical day could consist from a few hours of training a sports team to 12 hours of training various sports team along with fitness center maintenance, employee meetings, etc. Hardest part of the job were days with little to no work to do causing a feeling of unproductiveness. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with a wide variety of people and executing effective coaching/teaching of concepts to athletes with comprehension.
Pros
paid tuition
Cons
little pay
Good work environment
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 23, 2016
Redlands University Department of Public Saftey is a great place to work. They treat their drivers with decency and respect and the supervisors are always willing to listen and help address any concerns you may have. It is a place where they make you feel like family. The hardest part of this job are the hours 7:00 pm to 3:00 am can be a tough shift to do on a constant basis. My co workers are very nice and I enjoy working with them . I would recommend working for The University of Redlands Public Safty Department.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Late shift hours
Good school
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 26, 2016
Had good opportunities for adjunct teachers to learn their system, fun to meet other p/t teachers. Nice resources if you are new to this type of role.
Pros
location to my home
Cons
did not get opportunity to teach much
Great
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 21, 2016
A really great place to start your career. Everyone is willing to help where there is help needed. It is a really enriched learning environment.
Productive workplace with great staff
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 3, 2016
Love working here with my peers and helping them succeed in their academic endeavors. The workplace is relaxed and comfortable.
Pros
Schedule own hours
Generally a nice place to work
Campus Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 24, 2016
Typical day was busy. Learned various aspects of operations. Management is easy to talk to and open door policy. Co-workers fun to work with.
Pros
week and a half paid holiday for winter break
Cons
retirement contributions
Liberal Arts college
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 17, 2016
Student centered institution of higher education. Smaller but growing classroom sizes with ample opportunities to work directly with undergraduate students.
Educational internship
Graduate Admissions Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  redlands, caOctober 7, 2015
Mentors and supervisors were vital in guiding my learning during fieldwork. I was met with adequate challenges and given the opportunity to expand my counseling horizons.
Worked temporarily within the Business department
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 25, 2015
High quality standard of inputs required to produce high standard of outputs.Work time is at your own will and timing.
Good application of knowledge to industry scenarios, thereby providing insight on expectations after graduating.
Pros
Good academic environment.
Very productible environment to work
Assistant Director/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Spanish Department. More than working it was a way of learning and gaining experience. The environment was very familiar, and everyone it is very professional. It is a high level institution where everyone behaves with high values to each other. Professionalism is one of its strengths.
Pros
Productivity, efficiency, reliable
Cons
Too much responsibility when you are student at the same time.
Tiring
Johnston Center Coffee House Employee (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 29, 2015
Dealing with entitled and ignorant people. Great personalities that collided with my humble attitude. After working in the Food Industry for two years, I have realized that it is not an industry that I see fit with a career that I would like to one day pursue.
High energy and social workplace
CalCPA Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CaliforniaMay 27, 2015
At the fitness center the typical day started with cleaning workout equipment then checking existing members in or creating new contracts for new members, at the end of each shift general pick of of free weights was completed.
Enjoyable location to work
Department of Public Safety Sergeant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CaApril 6, 2015
The University is a challenging but enjoyable place to work. In the Department of Public Safety each day is different. There is no routine. Great bosses and great subordinates.
Pros
Free Tuition
Cons
Low Pay
Nice school to work for
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2015
This is a great education institution to work for. The pay for adjunct instructor is very competitive in my opinion. They also provide many volunteer opportunities where you can assist students.
Supportive environment with autonomy.
Adjunct College Professor (Current Employee) –  Orange County and Torrance CampusDecember 24, 2014
Univ of Redlands offers a basic syllabus with complete autonomy to teach the courses in a way that works best for your teaching style. They care about quality and the student's experience. They work with the teachers if there are problems and they offer a professional environment.
Pros
Autonomy, Faculty Support, CE days for faculty
Cons
Pay is a little low based on how many hours your work- no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Redlands. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3