UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND

UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND Employer Reviews

Student and Work Life
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Kingston, RIJune 10, 2014
Pros: helped lower tuition, gained organizational skills, communicated with residents
Cons: chaotic moments happened a any point in the day
Holding a Residential Advisor position is being a resources for all residents in the residence hall. Dealing with issues based on social or personal matters. As well as noticing and reporting incidents, maintenance work, or documenting issues of residents. From this position I learned how to manage time and organizational skills from balancing school – more... work and my job role. The advance in communication and listening skills have also provided me to develop into a better skilled employee. Dealing with issues on a neutral plane and understanding reasoning behind actions is also what I had gained from my job role. Working with fellow students also was provide learning aspects. As others could pick up skills or habits of another co-worker or help and suggest things to other co-workers. The hardest part of the job is expecting the most random incidents to occur at the most random times of the day. However once my phone rings I address the manner in a professional way and find a solution as possible. The most enjoyable part of my day is having residents look up to me as a role model and providing them with a safe living environment and providing them with the necessary guidance throughout their day. Developing a relationship with the residents was a number 1 priority and doing that by being open to conversation, greeting every resident that I see everyday and being available to them as much as possible, I feel as though I have done my duties and beyond for my role. – less
Not enough work to do
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, RIJune 5, 2014
As a Graduate Assistant I had little assigned work and spent most of my time doing homework with my boss's blessing.
Awesome place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Kingston, RIJune 1, 2014
Amazing supervisor, great customers, good pay, totally flexible
It was definitely a fun and productive workplace.
Medical Laboratory Scientist/Cyto-Biotechnology (Former Employee), Kingston, RIMay 19, 2014
Pros: intensive work schedule, great classmates, fun engaging practice
Cons: no cons
I loved the eight hour schedule associated with the Cytotech URI program. It very much a kin to having a real job, because I think in of itself it creates a close approximation. These leans to added experience, which allows one to make easier adjustment to a real work setting.
Good school for graduate studies
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingston, RIApril 14, 2014
The university of Rhode Island has a good graduate program in chemistry.
An environment where my leadership skills were honed & realized.
Resident Advisor, Dept. of HRL (Former Employee), Kingston, RIApril 11, 2014
Being in charge of about 20-30 students/residents. Served as a reliable and valid resource to them on our college campus. I learned to function as a leader yet I was willing to learn from my residents as well. I worked with a diverse staff of people who were hard working and very pleasant.
a beautiful place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), kingston, Rhode IslandApril 10, 2014
Good building

nice facility

good co-workers

good seminars
Good environment and location for life and science
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingston, RIApril 10, 2014
I work as teaching or research assistant in URI. It is good for research, since it is not a big city but it has quick access to Boston so I like it.
Fun and Responsible Environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingston, RIApril 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Comfortable atmosphere surrounded by peers around your age demographic. Working in a field similar to what you enjoy and sharing it with young adults that can relate. Motivated individuals that maintain a positive environment while also communicating sufficiently for the greater purpose of the research study.
Very nice work environment
Game Manager (Current Employee), Kingston, RIMarch 2, 2014
Educational and the teachers are always willing to help out.
Strength Coach
Volunteer Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee), Kingston, RIFebruary 6, 2014
Overall was a good teaching Experience. New weight room is spectacular.
I love working in Higher Education.
Senior Enrollment Services Rep (Former Employee), Kingston, RIFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: assisting students achieve their goals, interaction with people from all walks of life, co-workers that enjoyed their job as much as i did.
Cons: the inability to assist all students who needed our help.
I began working at University of Rhode Island as an Enrollment Services Rep and was promoted to Senior Enrollment Services Rep in less than a year. I would enter the building open my drawer and begin my day assisting students through the complex world of Enrollment and Financial Aid processes. I enjoyed working with each student and guiding them in – more... their quest to achieve the higher educational goals.
The best part of this job was seeing a student achieve their goals.
The worst part was not being able to help a student because of regulations that could not be bypassed. – less
This environment is rather hostile and punitive in many ways.
Associate Professor (Current Employee), Kingston, RIDecember 9, 2013
Pros: state institution and good benefits.
Cons: failure to adhere to polices and regulations; bias and lack of diversity.
The most enjoyable part of the job is actually performing the duties required. However the climate is hostile and workers are aloof and distant. Rules and policies are applied in an unfair and imbalanced way. Rhode Island is a difficult place to live and the resources are scare in the state and with the institution. Very little financial support is – more... available. – less
Excellent School. I was very impressed by the engineering programs available here.
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Kingston, RISeptember 6, 2013
Professional academic program and a great place to attend school and learn the skills for my profession. Excellent professors that did a tremendous job in every respect. I applied for and received two research grants during my time attending this school which gave me valuable hands on engineering experience. This was a school where anyone willing to – more... put in the work could succeed and walk away with more than just a degree. – less
enriching learning environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, RIAugust 24, 2013
working with students was incredibly rewarding when they were sincerely interested in the subject, and frustrating when you know that they couldn't care less. However, despite the struggles I really enjoyed being a teachers assistant.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Rhode IslandAugust 20, 2013
The day will be productive with a new challenge to accomplish. It gives us a chance to explore our abilities at the same time helps us build a team spirit working with our co-workers. A very joyous experience.
Fulfilling research job in a great community.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingston, RIAugust 2, 2013
It was great working for University of Rhode Island's research faculty. The small community of faculty provides opportunities for close guidance of activities and hands-on opportunities.
highly efficient working group
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Kingston, RIMay 29, 2013
friendly group members; network, always something new to learn;
working highly independently
A Great Lesson
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, RIMay 21, 2013
URI is where I learned I wanted to teach. The most fulfilling part was the ability to display a feminist lens to the critical thinking of college freshmen. They were seeing the world through new eyes and the fact that I could help guide that was amazing. They might not remember the names of theorists or specific articles they read, but if they can identify – more... problematic themes in advertising then I succeeded. – less
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant, College of Business (Former Employee), Kingston, RIApril 14, 2013
This was just a college side job but it allowed me to gain some valuable office experience. Great people and a great learning environment.