University of Rhode Island

University of Rhode Island Employer Reviews

Japanese Language Coach
Japanese Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Kingston, RIDecember 16, 2014
Assisting and teaching students in a foreign language is always a great experience and allows for me to building upon a large array of skills, including the basics of that particular foreign language.
Great Learning Environment
Lambda Chi Alpha- Member (Current Employee), Kingston, RINovember 7, 2014
Pros: career days
While attending the University of Rhode Island I have learned a great deal of many subjects. My fellow students are incredible and eager to learn just like myself. The faculty and staff were more than willing to help you strive for success and would provide guidance to those who needed it.
Great place to work with excellent benefits
Secretary (Former Employee), Kingston, RINovember 5, 2014
Great place to work with excellent benefits. The campus is located in beautiful Kingston, Rhode Island. The school spirit is extremely high and the employees dedicated.
Loved working with art students and in the art environment
Senior Word Processing Typist (Former Employee), Kingston, RIOctober 30, 2014
Pros: close to home, love the art world and education environment
Cons: split shift in two different departments
I worked a split shift which was difficult. Loved working in the art center galleries department.
Graduate School -- A Difficult Road
Teaching Assistant/Graduate Student (Former Employee), Kingston, RIOctober 23, 2014
Graduate School: long hours, low pay, little recognition.
Nice place, nice people
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, RIOctober 8, 2014
URI is my favorite university. I studied there for my Ph.D. The research facilities is state of art, especially INBRE. The professors are very kind and willing to help.
nice place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, RIAugust 25, 2014
Nice place with nice view. Close to downtown. Sometime very crowded.
Very professional Environment with great Staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, RIAugust 6, 2014
Always came in to work with friendly staff in a welcoming environment. The manager was very flexible and professional.
Supportive faculty and staff.
Adjunct , Department of Education (Former Employee), Kingston, RIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: support of all the faculty and staff.
While working at URI, I gained experience working with primarily undeclared freshmen and the barriers they face as they begin their education.
Amazing job!
Student Staff Coordinator (Former Employee), Kingston, RIJune 22, 2014
Incredible mentorship by employers, training and intership experience provided. Exciting projects and tasks.
Student and Work Life
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Kingston, RIJune 10, 2014
Pros: helped lower tuition, gained organizational skills, communicated with residents
Cons: chaotic moments happened a any point in the day
Holding a Residential Advisor position is being a resources for all residents in the residence hall. Dealing with issues based on social or personal matters. As well as noticing and reporting incidents, maintenance work, or documenting issues of residents. From this position I learned how to manage time and organizational skills from balancing school – more... work and my job role. The advance in communication and listening skills have also provided me to develop into a better skilled employee. Dealing with issues on a neutral plane and understanding reasoning behind actions is also what I had gained from my job role. Working with fellow students also was provide learning aspects. As others could pick up skills or habits of another co-worker or help and suggest things to other co-workers. The hardest part of the job is expecting the most random incidents to occur at the most random times of the day. However once my phone rings I address the manner in a professional way and find a solution as possible. The most enjoyable part of my day is having residents look up to me as a role model and providing them with a safe living environment and providing them with the necessary guidance throughout their day. Developing a relationship with the residents was a number 1 priority and doing that by being open to conversation, greeting every resident that I see everyday and being available to them as much as possible, I feel as though I have done my duties and beyond for my role. – less
Not enough work to do
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, RIJune 5, 2014
As a Graduate Assistant I had little assigned work and spent most of my time doing homework with my boss's blessing.
Awesome place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Kingston, RIJune 1, 2014
Amazing supervisor, great customers, good pay, totally flexible
It was definitely a fun and productive workplace.
Medical Laboratory Scientist/Cyto-Biotechnology (Former Employee), Kingston, RIMay 19, 2014
Pros: intensive work schedule, great classmates, fun engaging practice
Cons: no cons
I loved the eight hour schedule associated with the Cytotech URI program. It very much a kin to having a real job, because I think in of itself it creates a close approximation. These leans to added experience, which allows one to make easier adjustment to a real work setting.
Good school for graduate studies
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingston, RIApril 14, 2014
The university of Rhode Island has a good graduate program in chemistry.
An environment where my leadership skills were honed & realized.
Resident Advisor, Dept. of HRL (Former Employee), Kingston, RIApril 11, 2014
Being in charge of about 20-30 students/residents. Served as a reliable and valid resource to them on our college campus. I learned to function as a leader yet I was willing to learn from my residents as well. I worked with a diverse staff of people who were hard working and very pleasant.
a beautiful place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), kingston, Rhode IslandApril 10, 2014
Good building

nice facility

good co-workers

good seminars
Good environment and location for life and science
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingston, RIApril 10, 2014
I work as teaching or research assistant in URI. It is good for research, since it is not a big city but it has quick access to Boston so I like it.
Fun and Responsible Environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingston, RIApril 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Comfortable atmosphere surrounded by peers around your age demographic. Working in a field similar to what you enjoy and sharing it with young adults that can relate. Motivated individuals that maintain a positive environment while also communicating sufficiently for the greater purpose of the research study.
Very nice work environment
Game Manager (Current Employee), Kingston, RIMarch 2, 2014
Educational and the teachers are always willing to help out.

1 2 3