University of Richmond Employee Reviews

Productive, versatile place to work
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 29, 2017
My normal day was filled with human resource changes and updates. Processing new hire paperwork and assisting with the input of different payroll changes. I learned several processes for salaried and hourly employees. The culture was very diversified and it offered me a great deal of knowledge to be used throughout my work time there and to carry with me to other areas of life. The hardest part of the job was trying to prove to levels of management that I had the capabilities of being a multi-talented employee.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being a part of the organizing of employee activities.
Pros
Tickets to the basketball games, summer program for my dependents
Cons
Expecting me to be there early, even though someone else is responsible for opening the office.
My Daughter got a free education
Athlete fields/gardener (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 31, 2017
I loved being around the coaches and players. I really liked being around baseball as that was the team I spent the most time withe and have made many good friends. I also enjoy the gym and the many friends I have made over the years. The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable was making sure that the fields were always ready for game time.
Pros
A lot of free gear, and great friendships
Cons
The excessive heat on the sports turf fields - 130 degrees pluse
Excellent early job experience
Residence Hall Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 24, 2017
Working for Richmond College built a strong foundation upon which to build a successful management career. The directors are dedicated to allowing individual management styles to develop and RAs are allowed to grow in the position.
work as a housekeeper and a landscaper
Landscaper and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 4, 2017
taking care of the bathroom cleaning and taking out the trash. and making friends with the students. using a vacunm cleaner to clean the hallways and using a mop to clean the bathroom.
Pros
great benefits and always having holiday parties.
Cons
when students sometimes clog the toilet up with paper.
extremely responsive to employees and needs of such
Faculty status (Current Employee) –  University of Richmond, VADecember 9, 2016
Have had no problems with this college in any form.
Enjoy the academic atmosphere and the spontaneity of the other professors and supervisors. University of Richmond, Richmond,
VA.
Have had no negatives to this date within the scope of any of the aspects of this college and their dealings with students, colleagues, or scheduling.
Pros
communication level is excellent and quickly attended.
Cons
Seminars are not always "pushed" to fill quota of students.
Student hourly pay, work while going to school, experience
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 2, 2016
Student hourly pay, work while going to school, experience in an office environment.

Payroll office was routine. Copy and Scanning of confidential information. Learn and experience the role of keeping confidential employee PII data.
Pros
Opportunity to work while going to school
Cons
Routine work that didn't change from day to day
Productive and Fun Workplace
STUDENT CALLER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2016
Working for the University of Richmond in the Student Call Center is an enjoyable experience. Getting to talk to Alumni about their experience at the University while practicing my communication skills is rewarding and exciting.
Productive and fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2016
I was a camp counselor for the one day camps we would hold for high school student athletes. It would always be a fun day to watch the kids compete.
U of R is an excellent chemistry school
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2016
One of the best BSC chemistry programs around. Solid faculty, staff, and admin people. Serious about teaching their students. Would go back if they wanted me to.
Pros
Great people to work with and great students
Cons
Did not stay there but one year
University of Richmond
o Work directly under the Defensive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2015
Coaching college athletics is a competitive around-the-clock job. The job requires a lot of your time and all of your energy and passion to be successful in the profession. It was something that I not only took a lot of pride in but enjoyed very much. Our coaching staff and players made you want to come to work every day.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2015
I enjoyed working as a cashier in Tyler's grill inside University of Richmond. The place is owned and run by University of Richmond Dining Services.
Great Place to work
Seasonal Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2015
Working at the University of Richmond is very rewarding and beneficial. All the coworkers that I have come across with is very nice and helpful with anything that you need. This job is wonderful I love it.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Working hours: times they open and closed
okay place to work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  richmond vaFebruary 2, 2015
After clocking in, I would do routine safety checks; looking for spills, broken glass, no safety hazards. I would check the bathrooms making sure they were fully stocked. I would then pull trash from different buildings. Finally, I would vacuum and mop the floors on specified floors. Once a month, I would buff the floors.
The University of Richmond is a great place to work.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Department of Procurement and Strategic SourcingNovember 4, 2014
The University of Richmond provides a nice compensation package for its employees.
Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction
Professor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 27, 2014
Learn/review teaching topic
Prepare instructional material
Consultations with students
Because I enjoy seeing students arrive at that "ah-ha" moment, their lack of effort bothers me more than I would like for it to
Teach classes with follow-up consultation when necessary
My job comes from empowering students to excess their own expectations
I am an enthusiastic learner, trainer, professor with an exceptionally high energy level
I work well with others,but am an independent employee in that I can follow through with my work independently
Interacting with others as they learn and creating digital learning materials are enjoyable to me
Pros
Highly professional environment with chance to continue learning
Cons
Sorry, none
Athletic training gold
Internship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 12, 2014
Great for anyone who want s to learn in the ways of an athletic trainer
Supportive and well organized environment
Teacher's Assistant of Spanish (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 15, 2014
I had a group of 10 students. I was responsible of assessing their language levels and adapting different exercises to improve their communication skills. It was a very cooperative group, that made the classes fun and allowed team projects
College kids are okay.
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 12, 2014
I learned that I really like working with MOST college kids. The management was a bit disconnected.
Great place to turn a passion into a career
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 24, 2014
I've taken UofR's Culinary courses over the last few years and worked classes as a Kitchen assistant. There's great assistants to work with who pulled their own weight during each class, and you receive a recipe for the dishes that are being cooked the night that you're working.

The work is hard and fast passed. I love being in the kitchen learning and always glean something from each Chef.
Pros
Free Recipes & food, great learning environment
Cons
On your feet the whole time, some janitorial responsibilities
Fun, Healthy and Well Suprvised Organization
PERSONAL TRAINER/FITNESS INSTRUCTOR/POOL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 11, 2014
The best place I have ever worked from overall supervisor to overall facility standards.
Pros
Work Flexiblity and Continuing Education
Cons
Can be slow days at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Richmond. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Richmond Reviews by Location