University of Richmond

University of Richmond Employer Reviews

Supportive and well organized environment
Teacher's Assistant of Spanish (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 15, 2014
I had a group of 10 students. I was responsible of assessing their language levels and adapting different exercises to improve their communication skills. It was a very cooperative group, that made the classes fun and allowed team projects
College kids are okay.
Student Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 12, 2014
I learned that I really like working with MOST college kids. The management was a bit disconnected.
Great place to turn a passion into a career
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 24, 2014
Pros: free recipes & food, great learning environment
Cons: on your feet the whole time, some janitorial responsibilities
I've taken UofR's Culinary courses over the last few years and worked classes as a Kitchen assistant. There's great assistants to work with who pulled their own weight during each class, and you receive a recipe for the dishes that are being cooked the night that you're working.

The work is hard and fast passed. I love being in the kitchen learning – more... and always glean something from each Chef. – less
Great Experience
Marketing and Fan Development Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 8, 2014
I am a graduating senior obtaining my Bachelors degree in Sport Management
Fun, Healthy and Well Suprvised Organization
PERSONAL TRAINER/FITNESS INSTRUCTOR/POOL MANAGER (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: work flexiblity and continuing education
Cons: can be slow days at times
The best place I have ever worked from overall supervisor to overall facility standards.
Summary
Food Preparation (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 21, 2014
I have worked with University Of Richmond for two years prior to working at Virginia Commonwealth University. I was responsible for preparing food for the fellow students. Also I was responsible for inventory.
I enjoyed working with the young alumni to raise funds in honor of their reunion years.
Assistant Director of The Annual Fund (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 14, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed the university environment.
I loved working with volunteers and getting them excited to raise funds for The University of Richmond. I enjoyed personally meeting with people to raise funds for the school as well as connecting folks with one another.
Wonderful students
Adjunct prof. School of continuing Studies (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2013
Great, well run facility that attract bright students that are eager to learn.
Umpire Baseball
Student-Athlete (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 13, 2013
Call the game as you see it. Be consistent with your calls to keep the fans off your back.
Excellent employer
Museums Operations Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: tuition remission
Cons: advancement opportunities are limited
Compensation and benefits are aligned with industry standards; job security is high, however, opportunities for advancement are limited; work and life balance are adequate.
UREMS is the best and fastest growing EMS service
VOLUNTEER EMT-B (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 31, 2013
Under RAA, UREMS is the best and fastest growing college EMS service quickly growing national recognition
Great Opportunity for an Undergraduate Student
Writing Fellow/Instructor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 5, 2013
Working as a writing fellow provides students with the opportunity to gain true professional experience working with other students. Great for someone interested in pursuing teaching, publishing, and study at the graduate level.
Great coworkers, productive workplace
Cognitive Science Research Lab Member (Current Employee), Department of PsychologyApril 27, 2013
I have loved working and studying at the University of Richmond. The relationship between students and professors fosters a great atmosphere for growth and productivity.
A sence of accomplishment on a daily basis
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 9, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: non
Go into rooms and check in students. Review their objectives for the night and assist with class assignments if needed. My managers were great and personable. My co-workers were competent and friendly. Hardest part was trying to help a student that just didn't care nor wanted to help themselves. I enjoyed most seeing my students improve in their classes – more... and succeed. – less
Production Assistant
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2013
On a typical day I go to see which station or area of the Heilman Dining Center I will be working. Each station is different, and requires different prepping, while some require you interact with the students, faculty, and staff in a customer service type fashion. I have learned a lot about food and a lot about how management functions as well as seeing – more... how important communication is among co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the volume of people that come in on a daily basis, which is generally between 1,000 and 1,500 people including students, faculty, staff, and visitors. The most enjoyable part of the job are some of the people I work with. – less
Great environment
Head Graduate Admission Intern (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2013
Awesome environment and fun people to work with. The University is a great campus and looks after its people.
I love going into work every day.
Athletics, Advising (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 9, 2013
The people, culture and work environment at the University of Richmond is excellent. I thoroughly enjoy being a Spider!
This is a great place to work. The balance between work and life is very comfortable.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2012
Cons: salary and wages, increases and promotion opportunities
Everyone here at the U of R is very considerate, and pleasant to work with on a daily basis. There are never any dramatic issues, or hurry up and wait situations. The balance for work and personal life is very comfortable. The benefits and retirement are above average and the perks are very exciting.
Fun place to work
Custodian (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 10, 2012
A typical day at work was cleaning of the dorms and the public areas.
great university with plenty of opportunity to grow
MSI Summer Research Mentor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 25, 2012
-plenty of positions for students
-understanding managment