University of Richmond Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 16, 2015
I enjoyed working as a cashier in Tyler's grill inside University of Richmond. The place is owned and run by University of Richmond Dining Services.
Great Place to work
Seasonal Lifeguard (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Nice atmosphere
Cons: Working hours: times they open and closed
Working at the University of Richmond is very rewarding and beneficial. All the coworkers that I have come across with is very nice and helpful with anything that you need. This job is wonderful I love it.
okay place to work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), richmond vaFebruary 2, 2015
After clocking in, I would do routine safety checks; looking for spills, broken glass, no safety hazards. I would check the bathrooms making sure they were fully stocked. I would then pull trash from different buildings. Finally, I would vacuum and mop the floors on specified floors. Once a month, I would buff the floors.
The University of Richmond is a great place to work.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), Department of Procurement and Strategic SourcingNovember 4, 2014
The University of Richmond provides a nice compensation package for its employees.
Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction
Professor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: highly professional environment with chance to continue learning
Cons: sorry
Learn/review teaching topic
Prepare instructional material
Consultations with students
Because I enjoy seeing students arrive at that "ah-ha" moment, their lack of effort bothers me more than I would like for it to
Teach classes with follow-up consultation when necessary
My job comes from empowering students to excess their own expectations
I am an enthusiastic learner, trainer, professor with an exceptionally high energy level
I work well with others,but am an independent employee in that I can follow through with my work independently
Interacting with others as they learn and creating digital learning materials are enjoyable to me
Athletic training gold
Internship (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 12, 2014
Great for anyone who want s to learn in the ways of an athletic trainer
Supportive and well organized environment
Teacher's Assistant of Spanish (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 15, 2014
I had a group of 10 students. I was responsible of assessing their language levels and adapting different exercises to improve their communication skills. It was a very cooperative group, that made the classes fun and allowed team projects
College kids are okay.
Student Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 12, 2014
I learned that I really like working with MOST college kids. The management was a bit disconnected.
Great place to turn a passion into a career
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 24, 2014
Pros: free recipes & food, great learning environment
Cons: on your feet the whole time, some janitorial responsibilities
I've taken UofR's Culinary courses over the last few years and worked classes as a Kitchen assistant. There's great assistants to work with who pulled their own weight during each class, and you receive a recipe for the dishes that are being cooked the night that you're working.

The work is hard and fast passed. I love being in the kitchen learning and always glean something from each Chef.
Great Experience
Marketing and Fan Development Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 8, 2014
I am a graduating senior obtaining my Bachelors degree in Sport Management
Fun, Healthy and Well Suprvised Organization
PERSONAL TRAINER/FITNESS INSTRUCTOR/POOL MANAGER (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: work flexiblity and continuing education
Cons: can be slow days at times
The best place I have ever worked from overall supervisor to overall facility standards.
Summary
Food Preparation (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 21, 2014
I have worked with University Of Richmond for two years prior to working at Virginia Commonwealth University. I was responsible for preparing food for the fellow students. Also I was responsible for inventory.
I enjoyed working with the young alumni to raise funds in honor of their reunion years.
Assistant Director of The Annual Fund (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 14, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed the university environment.
I loved working with volunteers and getting them excited to raise funds for The University of Richmond. I enjoyed personally meeting with people to raise funds for the school as well as connecting folks with one another.
Wonderful students
Adjunct prof. School of continuing Studies (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2013
Great, well run facility that attract bright students that are eager to learn.
Umpire Baseball
Student-Athlete (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 13, 2013
Call the game as you see it. Be consistent with your calls to keep the fans off your back.
Excellent employer
Museums Operations Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: tuition remission
Cons: advancement opportunities are limited
Compensation and benefits are aligned with industry standards; job security is high, however, opportunities for advancement are limited; work and life balance are adequate.
UREMS is the best and fastest growing EMS service
VOLUNTEER EMT-B (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 31, 2013
Under RAA, UREMS is the best and fastest growing college EMS service quickly growing national recognition
Great Opportunity for an Undergraduate Student
Writing Fellow/Instructor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 5, 2013
Working as a writing fellow provides students with the opportunity to gain true professional experience working with other students. Great for someone interested in pursuing teaching, publishing, and study at the graduate level.
Great coworkers, productive workplace
Cognitive Science Research Lab Member (Current Employee), Department of PsychologyApril 27, 2013
I have loved working and studying at the University of Richmond. The relationship between students and professors fosters a great atmosphere for growth and productivity.
A sence of accomplishment on a daily basis
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 9, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: non
Go into rooms and check in students. Review their objectives for the night and assist with class assignments if needed. My managers were great and personable. My co-workers were competent and friendly. Hardest part was trying to help a student that just didn't care nor wanted to help themselves. I enjoyed most seeing my students improve in their classes and succeed.