University of Richmond Employee Reviews in United States

U of R is an excellent chemistry school
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2016
One of the best BSC chemistry programs around. Solid faculty, staff, and admin people. Serious about teaching their students. Would go back if they wanted me to.
Pros
Great people to work with and great students
Cons
Did not stay there but one year
Productive and fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2016
I was a camp counselor for the one day camps we would hold for high school student athletes. It would always be a fun day to watch the kids compete.
University of Richmond
o Work directly under the Defensive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2015
Coaching college athletics is a competitive around-the-clock job. The job requires a lot of your time and all of your energy and passion to be successful in the profession. It was something that I not only took a lot of pride in but enjoyed very much. Our coaching staff and players made you want to come to work every day.
This is a great place to work. The balance between work and life is very comfortable.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2012
Everyone here at the U of R is very considerate, and pleasant to work with on a daily basis. There are never any dramatic issues, or hurry up and wait situations. The balance for work and personal life is very comfortable. The benefits and retirement are above average and the perks are very exciting.
Cons
salary and wages, increases and promotion opportunities
Excellent employer
Museums Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 20, 2013
Compensation and benefits are aligned with industry standards; job security is high, however, opportunities for advancement are limited; work and life balance are adequate.
Pros
tuition remission
Cons
advancement opportunities are limited
I enjoyed working with the young alumni to raise funds in honor of their reunion years.
Assistant Director of The Annual Fund (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 14, 2013
I loved working with volunteers and getting them excited to raise funds for The University of Richmond. I enjoyed personally meeting with people to raise funds for the school as well as connecting folks with one another.
Pros
i enjoyed the university environment.
Physically demanding and stessfull
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 13, 2012
I feel like the university is a good place to work but it is physically demanding and the everyday grind is to much that they put on one person. I love the benifits and the people i work with but management could use a bust of expeirence and more people skills.
Pros
benifits, payed vacation and sick days, holidays off
Cons
over worked, unorganized management
Production Assistant
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2013
On a typical day I go to see which station or area of the Heilman Dining Center I will be working. Each station is different, and requires different prepping, while some require you interact with the students, faculty, and staff in a customer service type fashion. I have learned a lot about food and a lot about how management functions as well as seeing how important communication is among co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the volume of people that come in on a daily basis, which is generally between 1,000 and 1,500 people including students, faculty, staff, and visitors. The most enjoyable part of the job are some of the people I work with.
Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction
Professor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 27, 2014
Learn/review teaching topic
Prepare instructional material
Consultations with students
Because I enjoy seeing students arrive at that "ah-ha" moment, their lack of effort bothers me more than I would like for it to
Teach classes with follow-up consultation when necessary
My job comes from empowering students to excess their own expectations
I am an enthusiastic learner, trainer, professor with an exceptionally high energy level
I work well with others,but am an independent employee in that I can follow through with my work independently
Interacting with others as they learn and creating digital learning materials are enjoyable to me
Pros
highly professional environment with chance to continue learning
Cons
sorry
Great Place to work
Seasonal Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2015
Working at the University of Richmond is very rewarding and beneficial. All the coworkers that I have come across with is very nice and helpful with anything that you need. This job is wonderful I love it.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Working hours: times they open and closed
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2015
I enjoyed working as a cashier in Tyler's grill inside University of Richmond. The place is owned and run by University of Richmond Dining Services.
The University of Richmond is a great place to work.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Department of Procurement and Strategic SourcingNovember 4, 2014
The University of Richmond provides a nice compensation package for its employees.
okay place to work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  richmond vaFebruary 2, 2015
After clocking in, I would do routine safety checks; looking for spills, broken glass, no safety hazards. I would check the bathrooms making sure they were fully stocked. I would then pull trash from different buildings. Finally, I would vacuum and mop the floors on specified floors. Once a month, I would buff the floors.
Great place to turn a passion into a career
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 24, 2014
I've taken UofR's Culinary courses over the last few years and worked classes as a Kitchen assistant. There's great assistants to work with who pulled their own weight during each class, and you receive a recipe for the dishes that are being cooked the night that you're working.

The work is hard and fast passed. I love being in the kitchen learning and always glean something from each Chef.
Pros
free recipes & food, great learning environment
Cons
on your feet the whole time, some janitorial responsibilities
College kids are okay.
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 12, 2014
I learned that I really like working with MOST college kids. The management was a bit disconnected.
I love going into work every day.
Athletics, Advising (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 9, 2013
The people, culture and work environment at the University of Richmond is excellent. I thoroughly enjoy being a Spider!
It is a beautiful campus.
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 21, 2012
They offer a good benefits package. The campus is very pretty--and is not in downtown Richmond. It is set on the west side of Richmond.
A sence of accomplishment on a daily basis
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 9, 2013
Go into rooms and check in students. Review their objectives for the night and assist with class assignments if needed. My managers were great and personable. My co-workers were competent and friendly. Hardest part was trying to help a student that just didn't care nor wanted to help themselves. I enjoyed most seeing my students improve in their classes and succeed.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Supportive and well organized environment
Teacher's Assistant of Spanish (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 15, 2014
I had a group of 10 students. I was responsible of assessing their language levels and adapting different exercises to improve their communication skills. It was a very cooperative group, that made the classes fun and allowed team projects
Fun, Healthy and Well Suprvised Organization
PERSONAL TRAINER/FITNESS INSTRUCTOR/POOL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 11, 2014
The best place I have ever worked from overall supervisor to overall facility standards.
Pros
work flexiblity and continuing education
Cons
can be slow days at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Richmond. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3