University of Rio Grande Employee Reviews

Great theater job
Theater Technician (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoy working for the University of Rio Grande. The theater is well equipped, and the director does a great job.
Great time off benefits
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande, OH 45674July 6, 2016
If your a salaried employee your time off with pay is fantastic. The location is great, Rio Grande Ohio, right next to Bob Evans Farm Homestead.
Work Study review
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHMay 13, 2016
The Lab manager position was fun and used many of the skills that i obtained with in the chemistry major. The position and work environment was very friendly and easy to get a long with the bosses
keep fitness center clean
Check Student I.D at the front desk (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHAugust 25, 2015
You would help keep the weights off the ground and keep them on the racks and clean all the machines. Also you check students ids to make sure they are students at the school.
fast pace fastfood
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OhioJuly 22, 2015
A typical day would start by checking into a cash register. I will then take costumers order and get their food for them. I also cooked and use grills and fryers.
great staff
Nurse Practitioner/RN- Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHMay 4, 2015
Love teaching new and returning (LPN to RN) students. Enjoy both the classroom and hospital teaching opportunities. Staff was always helpful and encouraging of my own educational journey.
Productive and fun place to work
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHDecember 2, 2014
During my time at the Records Office at the University of Rio Grande, I would update records and greet students/faculty. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to greet the students/faculty. Overall this was a great experience!
Great institution!
Secretary/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHJune 3, 2014
Loved working for the office. I just wish my work study didn't run out. My typical day included only clerical duties.
Great campus to develop partnering skills
Chair, Social Work Student Council (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHApril 25, 2014
Social Work Student Council collaborated with the university and other agencies to accomplish goals.
I enjoy the simple life
Student (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHFebruary 26, 2014
I like to be on time, and I am never late. I have learned many things in life and I have learned to be patient. I want things to go the best for me. I have never been in a management position, but my mother was, and I would watch her, and I learned many things with her before she passed away. The hardest part of the job is making the right decision, If your boss tells you one thing, and then a assistant manager tells you another thing you, you don't want to make the person mad, so your stuck. The enjoyable part is helping other people.
Pros
good service
Cons
Insurance
Make the Workplace fun
Student Life Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHFebruary 3, 2014
I was responsible for all of Freshmen males residential life. Where I managed schedules, Class checks, dorm activities.
Clinical Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHJanuary 24, 2014
work on contract basis. Paid well for contract. Needing masters degree to continue working. Not oriented to school or to job. Given materials needed. Minimal guidance from core staff.
being around the game I love
Women's Basketball Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande,OhAugust 13, 2013
A typical work day, was based on if it was a game day or just a normal day. I come into the office and handle whatever task the head coach gave me for that day.

I learned that coaching girls can be a huge challenge, taking care of operational needs to keep the program running smooth.

The head coach was okay person.

The other assistant coach was very passionate about coaching.

Hardest part was getting a group of girls between the ages of 17-21 to give their all.

The best part was being around the game I love.
Work Study
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHApril 29, 2013
I worked as work study and it helped me learn some of the things i was needing the learn for my chemistry classes.
A work family away from home
Director of Activities (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHApril 11, 2013
Excellent small-town community feel and values. Friendly colleagues that give you room to breathe and grow. Outstanding potential for professional relationships, growth and outstanding vacation/sick time benefits.
Pros
vacation, sick, holidays time off benefits. the people are wonderful and are like extended family
Cons
pay is not the best, and insurance is not the best, but the people and atmosphere more than compensate
A great University to work for
Secretary to the Dean (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHJune 26, 2012
the typical day at work was helping students in need of scheduling classes. Data Entry work. A great atmosphere to work in. The hardest part would be to create a schedule for classes and getting all of the rooms set up so there weren't any double booked rooms.
Productive and fun work experience, work around schedule.
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHMay 2, 2012
Worked around all of my classes, worked a typical 2 hours a day by arrangement. Co-workers were excellent to work with because they were other students on campus. It was a very enjoyable job.
Pros
worked around my schedule
Cons
no benefits