University of Rochester Employee Reviews

Productive, constant learning, fun enviroment.
Anesthesiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day working at Strong in the O.R was very busy. Very hands on and constant learning. There was never not something to do. I learned so much at all times, I learned how to maintain the sterile field, all the codes called in the O.R, the proper terms between all of the surgeons and other staff. Management was awesome. always available and hands on. MY co-workers were very passionate and super fun. The hardest part of the job was transitioning into either staying and moving up or leaving. the best part was the entire job and staff.
Pros
The Learning
Cons
hard to move up
UR Medical Center
Clinical Engineer III. Salary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 25, 2016
Very good and buzy place to work. Typical day at work, go in and get busy. Management and co-workers are good. The hardest part of the job is parking.
Pros
Expensive lunches
Cons
No cons
great place to work
plumbing (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 18, 2016
great place to work. great people. learned a lot. was able to utilize my skills efficiently. hours were great. made many friends through my co-workers.
Excellent Place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 13, 2016
The university as a whole is well run and keeps employees informed of relevant events and opportunities. Departments have excellent support staff that makes it easy for those within a department to get things done.
Pros
University Campus
productive and fun
Central Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2016
I loved it but since I'm a single mother the drive through 390 every day in the morning and going back to pick up my kids it was just too much for me
Great place to work!
lpn (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 1, 2015
Great place to work! I enjoyed my work family and all the pediatric patients! My nurse manager was amazing, I really enjoyed working with her.
Pros
great hours and pay
Cons
little room for advancement
Interning at the University of Rochester
Internship (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 3, 2015
Interning at the University of Rochester was amazing. I gained amazing knowledge and met some of the greatest doctors/people there.
Went out of business
Administrative Assistant/Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 29, 2015
Unfortunately Fisons Pharmaceuticals went under. They tried saving the company by making many cuts but could not hang on.
Alright, institution to work at
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 15, 2015
Alright, institution to work at. They work well with students to cater to their individual needs. I tutored local high schoolers in whatever subject they needed help in.
Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 14, 2015
I have a love hate relationship with UR. It is a great place to work, but the accounting procedures are inefficient and can make it difficult to do your job. Sometimes it is not challenging enough and get bored and other times too much is being thrown at you. It doesn't help that management sucks and I am smarter than my boss; however, I am able to do whatever I want. If I need to leave early, I am allowed to. If I need to come in late, there is no issue. I do enjoy working with everyone on a personal level. I don't always enjoy it on a business level. The pay isn't that great, but most of the benefits are very generous. It definitely has its perks, but also its downside.
Pros
Benefits, work-life balance, flexibility
Cons
Office environment, management, continuous changes
Very supportive department
Surgical Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 14, 2015
Our department feels like family away from home. Feels a bit disconnected from other departments only due to the size of the medical center. This company has great health care benefits.
it was ok
Data Control Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2015
supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Busy, productive workplace.
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 1, 2015
I enjoy the non-stop work environment. The top notch medical center and personal. Excitng and at times, overwhelming.
Pros
Paid holidays and 70% reimbursment for tuition
Cons
Non stop work day
Productive and Fun Workplace
Secretary/Receptionist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 28, 2015
The University of Rochester- School of Nursing is a phenomenal place to work. The atmosphere is family oriented and everyone works well with one another. The Dean of the school always made an effort to know each and every person in the workplace, which showed how much she truly cared about the individuals working there. I had no prior knowledge in nursing before I took the job and from day one, my boss introduced me to everything and was a great mentor and teacher. She helped me learn how and why the equipment was used and how it all worked. Every day was a set-up for a different type of lab and there was always something to learn. I really enjoyed working at the University of Rochester.
Pros
Family oriented, flexible, great faculty and staff
Cons
parking, stressed students
exciting and fun
Coding Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rochester nySeptember 24, 2015
very busy, multi tasking , answering phones, very fast paced alot of meetings, alot of people coming and going alot to learn everyday
Summary
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 23, 2015
If you don't get into the right department your co-workers will back stab you any chance they get. They work you like a dog, health insurance sucks, and the pay is too low for what they expect you to do. Basically 1 person does 2 peoples job.

I really don't have anything else to say.
Pros
nothing
Cons
co workers mind your business when they should be minding there own. stay outta my business
Great Job working with Faculty and Staff
Purchasing Agent/ Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 22, 2015
The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is working with Students, faculty and staff.
We are all team players in the department and back each other when
vacations are scheduled.
Pros
Flexible breaks and lunch
Cons
N/A
fast paced learning environment
Registered Nurse ASPN II (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYSeptember 21, 2015
I learned how to thrive as a first year RN and how to communicate with co workers especially doctors and other RN. I was able to thrive here to be the best i could
benefits
professional facility
Licensed Social Worker inPsychiatry (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2015
I work closely with a interdisciplinary team working with adolescents admitted due to a mental health issue and with their familes.
Top Rochester Employer
Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 11, 2015
I worked at the university a number of years. A typical work day started by 8AM and ended between 5 to 7PM. Certifications and training is available on the U of R intranet. Training is tracked for employees. Job offerings are also available for viewing on the intranet.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Parking can be problematic.