University of Rochester Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Overnight Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 21, 2017
All of the staff is inviting and open to answer questions. Great place to work, and they give you all of the material you need to pass the pharmacy certification exam (PTCB).
Provides great educational benefits
Lead Outpatient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 19, 2017
The university has offered me the opportunity to go back to school which was great. I enjoy it overall but the hours can be demanding which is due to our clinic being short staffed for an extended period of time. The overall culture is positive , and I enjoy it here but currently I am looking to grow my career and there is no room currently where I stand.
Great hospital to work at
Ambulatory rep 2, filing clerk, secretary (Former Employee) –  Urology, medical records, speech pathologyMarch 17, 2017
This was a great hospital to work at, I enjoyed making people smile, and giving a helping hand, The staff was nice and very understanding until I had to be out of work after losing my father on father's day.
Favoritism is needed for promotion or advancement or acknowledgement
PT services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 7, 2017
The co workers are the only benefit of the job and management tried to undermine this by creating paranoia and fear. Favorites get promoted quickly and those who work hard get nothing or transferred to less desirable jobs if they don't want you around. It's the Peter Principle in action
Pros
Dental plan
Cons
Too many to list
Large company with great learning opportunities.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 7, 2017
The University of Rochester is a large employer with a vast number of jobs available. It offers anyone looking a good starting point in the Rochester, NY market.
Productive work environment with motivated individuals
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 5, 2017
The workplace culture is very inclusive. Hardest part of the job would be working with data on a tight schedule to find relevant information to make informed decision.
Awesome place to work
Laboratory Animal Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 24, 2017
Great place to work. The supervisors are willing to go out of their way to help you. co workers are good to get along with and the whole environment feels like a giant family. Benefits are really good as well.
Pros
people you work with, environment, benefits, diverse positions
Cons
parking, paying for parking
Patient Care
Clinical Technologist III (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I learned a lot working with my nurse manager in this position. I served as a clin tech III in an outpatient clinic. My manager allowed me to explore my interests in different areas within the clinic. I was given the opportunity to train new employees, manage inventory for the entire department, and take on other responsibilities within the scope of my work.
Pros
Cons
limitations of my role, compensation, turnover, office politics
very good when it comes to schooling and maintaing a well balanced life
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I have worked in three different departments, two of which are very demanding and while working management has yet to fail me when it comes to keeping my work done and getting hours.
Valuable research institution
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 10, 2017
I worked as a laboratory technician in the medical center. There was a wide variety of important research being done. Advancement within the school was difficult
Well Organized, job opportunities
Data Manager/Admin, Asst.HVTN AIDS Vac. Clinic (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 6, 2017
I worked at the UR for 23 years, in various capacities. The job listings were easy to access. I found the work environment very good and my colleagues were a wonderful team to work with.
Benefits
Cons
Pay for parking
SR. Account Rep – Outpatient
SR. Account Rep - Outpatient (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Work outstanding credits and refund overdue money to patient or insurances.
Work and adjust workman’s comp and MVA claims and make adjustments.
Maintain a good relationship with all the insurance agencies we work with.
Assigned on EPIC billing system. Beta Test for new billing system.
Working on a new special projects team for outstanding credits.
Learning and training others on the new EPIC system.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Low Pay
President of Ski and Snowboard club
Recreational Ski and Snowboard Club President (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 30, 2017
My job was to make sure everything works smoothly both with the B to C of us selling students tickets, as well as with the administration, and with Bristol mountain and Monroe Transportation company.
home healt aide
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Do not want to talk negative a bout the position, nice company to work for. need room for advancement. was given the opportunity to showcase my talents and I'm grateful.
Pros
working for others
Cons
no balance
Horrible Place to work
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Upper management is not supportive. Many staff practice out of scope and management turn a blind eye. Its all about who you are "friends " with in the gang at The University!
Job Fulfillment
Health Project Coordinator/Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2016
The most fulfilling part of my job is, the patients.I believe that patients do care about there health. But they just need a little help to understanding the health issue that they may have, and that is were I come in, here to educate and advocate for them.
Cons
Grant Funded.
U of R
Program Coordinator/Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 17, 2016
Regional approach without sacrificing patient care. Quality goals are achieved and continual effort is sought to improve the patient and employee experience.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
parking
Productive and fun work place
Supervisor- Lynn Levandowski (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 15, 2016
This company was amazing to work for. They offered a good wage, good benefits, and a lot of different opportunities for growth.
Great place and people to work with.
Coach (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 13, 2016
Awesome place to work, with supportive people. Some of the policies are redundant but too be expected in the education and health sector.
A place that truly cares about a patient's experience
Director of Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 6, 2016
In my years in healthcare, I have learned to become a very effective leader, I encourage teamwork, I believe in accountability, I believe in diversity, I encourage understanding different personalities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Rochester. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Rochester Reviews by Location