University of San Diego

University of San Diego Employee Reviews in United States

Not applicable
Staff Sergeant / MECEP Participant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92110June 7, 2016
I have served in the United States Marine Corps for twenty years and received an honorable discharge in September of twenty-fifteen.
Great work environment with a wonderful and dedicated staff and community
Assistant Director of Recreation Programs (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2016
Working at USD has been great! They offer a valise-based approach, which is something that is often lacking at other institutions. The staff are amazing and the community is not only beautiful, but the students are engaged, dedicated and enthusiastic.
productive, friendly place
Kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2016
I like my job at the university of san diego because it is a nice friendly place where i can communicate well with my managers and everyone is nice.
Pros
free weekends
great place to work
Adjunct Clinical (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2016
I have great co-workers, always willing to help out. Support staff is friendly as well. The workplace setting is inviting and makes it easy for you to want to be at work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Difficult to get full time positions
nice campus to work & go to school
Payment & Deposit Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2016
nice campus to work & go to school. pay is not high but benefits are good. people are nice & friendly. Usually have long time off on Christmas break.
Pros
nice & well maintained campus
Cons
they prefer bilingual employees
Exceptional Education Environment
MBA Candidate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Well rounded education in all aspects of business. Great faculty, coursed, study abroad opportunities and career services.
Amazing Campus
PERSONAL TRAINER/ FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2016
USD is an amazing place to work! I'm always excited to walk the beautiful campus and enjoy it's many amenities, All of the co workers and staff are awesome!
comfortable work place
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 30, 2015
It was hard but rewarding work I cleaned multi kitchens, bathroom emptied trash cleaned and waxed floors and appliances
Pros
worked mostly on my own some joint working
Cons
night time shift
Nice work place
Interim Support Services Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2015
At USD I learned a lot about the Clery Act and working in a Public Safety enviornment. The co-workers were very supportive and fun to work with.
Fun Team Environment
Telefunder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2015
A typical work day displays how team-oriented the management likes the staff to be. Each day there are ice-breakers, brief meetings and goals set for each shift. After reviewing the objective for the day the team works individually for the remainder of the shift. The managers consistently and constantly provide support for the employees and ensure they have everything necessary for their shift. Easy to move up and get raises, always incentives as well (from candy to a pay raise). Awesome place to work, even more awesome management.
Pros
Snacks, raises, bonuses, fun environment, awesome management
Cons
Short shifts
Great place to teach
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2015
The administration was top notch and the students were great. The facilities are also top of the line and the campus is amazing.
I worked there for a very short time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
Customer Service related
Good Management
Poor Compensation
Good Co-Workers
Standing for 4 hours a day
Helping Students
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Poor compensation
If you love collegiate athletics, great place to work
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
The staff was very fun, because they were your peers (college students) and you were always able to catch volleyball and basketball games straight from your workstation.
Job was full of benefits.
Supervisor / Receiving / Product (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to learn new skills and grab some new social contacts!
Great place to work, Awesome Management!
Digital Marketing Manager/ Web Designer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2014
I love working for USD, but the only problem is they don't offer competitive pay for the amount of work given and limited hours. I enjoy what I do and that is the reason why I took this job. Day to day business includes:

• Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
• Tracking conversion rates and making improvements to the website.
• Developing and managing digital marketing campaigns
• Utilizing a range of techniques including paid search Google Adwords/Analytics, SEO, & PPC.
• Overseeing the social media strategy for the company i.e. Facebook, Yelp, Google +, Maps.
• Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
• Managing the redesign of the company website.
• Improving the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website
• Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing
• Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
• Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
Pros
management, set your own schedule, work from home, weekly strategy meetings
Cons
low pay, limited hours, no advancement
Energetic and lively student body at USD
Vice President of Associated Students (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2014
It's been a pleasure working with USD Associated Students. Learning how to manage a large organization during my undergraduate career has been such a blessing. It has opened the door to so many opportunities for growth.
Wonderful university to work for with great benefits but long hours and strict deadlines
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2014
This position includes significant travel out of state and a lot of nights and weekends working. There is a tremendous amount of public speaking to large groups and interaction with students and familes with a diverse set of needs. You are constantly a representative of USD on and off the road at college fairs, high schools and conferences. Counseling families on our programs and financial aid also plays a large part of my job. Managing both our applicant pool and many staff members has given me invaluable experince in training, leadership and decision making. We have a team of 8 counselors that serve as territory manangers throughout the country and also internationally.

This position is very cyclical and has strict deadlines. I most enjoy being able to see students whom I have recruited enroll at USD and become successful in their academic endeavors. USD is a wonderful school and what we do changes many people's lives forever and I never lose sight of that. However, this position requires long hours and it can be hard to balance work and private life during certain times of the year.
Pros
seeing many parts of the country and being able to work from home occassionally
Cons
long hours; nights and weekends.
Great place to work!
Paralegal Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2014
Each class is 3 hours which makes it difficult to maintain attention. Friendly atmosphere. Can plan the entire curriculum.
Pros
great assistants!
Cons
no benefits!
Flexible Hours and nice work
Calculus II Homework Grader (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2014
This was a great job to work at, flexible hours that worked well with my hard academic schedule.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no set amount of homework to grade
Nicest people I ever worked with.
Human Resources Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2014
Nicest people I ever worked with. Clear direction, no unpaid overtime, no screaming, no abuse, just calm pleasant work the way it should be.
Cons
temp assignment :(

4.3