University of San Diego Employee Reviews

Great school
Transfer Transition Team (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2017
University of San Diego provides a great education. Professors are talented and care about the intellectual development of their students. The university provides a balanced liberal arts education that fosters intellectual growth.
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 9, 2017
Great place to work. Great work enviorment. Very professional and thoughtful, energetic people. Very diversified and well prepared staff and students/athletes.
Pros
very professional peopke
Good on campus job
Shiley Theatre Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2017
really good place to work on campus, you get paid fairly, working in the theatre is the best option. Usually willing to be flexible with your schedule.
Good first job
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2017
great place to gain customer service while working with a busy schedule. The management was always willing to work with me and give me all the resources needed to do the job well.
Fun, incusive
Vice President of Programming (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2017
A typical day working at the University of San Diego you are constantly surrounded by familiar and friendly faces. The culture was extremely welcoming and working there was very upbeat and awesome. The hardest part that I found for my job was finding a balance to complete everything, with this exciting new environment it can be easy to lose track with the energy going around.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
short breaks, long work hours
Good people with values
Pavilion Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2017
Working at college may seem like it would be exciting but it was actually pretty boring most of the time, but I did get tons of great experience and learned good basic skills. I did like working there, the gave me good hours for that time in my life when I was still attending high school, and it was consistent.
Pros
Close to my house, good hours, set schedule, free food
Cons
No room to move up in the company
A productive and fun work environment
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2017
It's fast pace but a great work environment. You begin to form lasting relationships with other employees as well as reoccurring customers. You learn not only the how to work the registers for all the different food sections in the restaurant but as well how to make beverages to the customers needs.
Beautiful Campus is a Great Work Setting
Marketing Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2017
Loved being on the campus. I felt like I was back at college although it has been many years since I graduated. Enjoyed my co-workers, the dining options and being in an educational setting.
Pros
Stimulating Environment, Beautiful Campus
Cons
Much lower pay than in previous jobs with similar responsibilities.
Offering support to other Liberal Studies Majors
Liberal Studies Student Leadership Board (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2017
On the Liberal Studies Student Leadership board, I offered support to other students in the major who are usually younger than myself. I offered support by guidance and by helping them build their academic schedules for the future. I also had the opportunity to set a teacher panel where various educators came on campus to discuss their experiences in education.
Usd
Tram Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Mgmt not experienced, not structured in organization of routes safety,
trams were overloaded which is unsafe favoritism, privilege students want there way
Pros
Cons
structure
Sports Marketing internship program needs work
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2017
The athletics department is filled with fun, outgoing people who enjoy doing their job. Some are great to learn from, some make you wonder how they even got the job to begin with. In terms of the internship program for sports marketing, there is no educational benefit (i.e. strategies to promote game day and other products/events), limited opportunities to get hands-on/practical experience, and limited hours available per week. I recommend looking elsewhere to get a better experience or introduction to the sport marketing industry. The student life at this school is a war in progress and is one of top priorities for this department. I think if they understood the importance of student interns (free labor, positive word of mouth) they will be able to improve student attendance at games at a much quicker rate.
Pros
Free nike polo with the USD athletics logo, looks good on a resume, free pizza/subs at games, and able to watch games during your shift (cause there's nothing better to do)
Cons
Limited supervision, no challenging projects, no intern meetings, no educational benefit
Partimer
Cafe Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2016
Everyone gets less than 15 hours a week, it's good for a side job, staff are mainly students which is pretty cool. Management is good, you get a few staff vouchers to taste food.
Cons
Parking $65 semester fee
Lived it loved it
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2016
Excellent place to work in staff was like a family. Very steady work due to it being a school so it is always high volume high consumption. Management would work with you on scheduling or inventory were very cordial and liked personal input.
USD is a great place to work for as a graduate assistant.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2016
It was an awesome experience to work part-time as a graduate assistant at University of San Diego. I learned and grew a lot by conducting project with professors.
Great academics, fun campus
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 13, 2016
USD is a beautiful campus with knowledgeable professors. The community has a positive feel and everyone is dedicated to your success. There are numerous resources available to students.
Perfect place to learn
Environmental Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2016
Mentally stimulating work with an opportunity for growth. Problem solving with little guidance, to arrive independently at plausible solutions.
Not applicable
Staff Sergeant / MECEP Participant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92110June 7, 2016
I have served in the United States Marine Corps for twenty years and received an honorable discharge in September of twenty-fifteen.
Great work environment with a wonderful and dedicated staff and community
Assistant Director of Recreation Programs (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2016
Working at USD has been great! They offer a valise-based approach, which is something that is often lacking at other institutions. The staff are amazing and the community is not only beautiful, but the students are engaged, dedicated and enthusiastic.
productive, friendly place
Kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2016
I like my job at the university of san diego because it is a nice friendly place where i can communicate well with my managers and everyone is nice.
Pros
free weekends
great place to work
Adjunct Clinical (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2016
I have great co-workers, always willing to help out. Support staff is friendly as well. The workplace setting is inviting and makes it easy for you to want to be at work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Difficult to get full time positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3