University of San Diego

University of San Diego Employee Reviews

I worked there for a very short time
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Good Environment
Cons: Poor compensation
Customer Service related
Good Management
Poor Compensation
Good Co-Workers
Standing for 4 hours a day
Helping Students
If you love collegiate athletics, great place to work
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
The staff was very fun, because they were your peers (college students) and you were always able to catch volleyball and basketball games straight from your workstation.
Job was full of benefits.
Supervisor / Receiving / Product (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to learn new skills and grab some new social contacts!
Great place to work, Awesome Management!
Digital Marketing Manager/ Web Designer (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 29, 2014
Pros: management, set your own schedule, work from home, weekly strategy meetings
Cons: low pay, limited hours, no advancement
I love working for USD, but the only problem is they don't offer competitive pay for the amount of work given and limited hours. I enjoy what I do and that is the reason why I took this job. Day to day business includes:

• Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
• Tracking conversion rates and making improvements to the website.
• Developing and managing digital marketing campaigns
• Utilizing a range of techniques including paid search Google Adwords/Analytics, SEO, & PPC.
• Overseeing the social media strategy for the company i.e. Facebook, Yelp, Google +, Maps.
• Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
• Managing the redesign of the company website.
• Improving the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website
• Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing
• Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
• Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
Energetic and lively student body at USD
Vice President of Associated Students (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2014
It's been a pleasure working with USD Associated Students. Learning how to manage a large organization during my undergraduate career has been such a blessing. It has opened the door to so many opportunities for growth.
Wonderful university to work for with great benefits but long hours and strict deadlines
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: seeing many parts of the country and being able to work from home occassionally
Cons: long hours; nights and weekends.
This position includes significant travel out of state and a lot of nights and weekends working. There is a tremendous amount of public speaking to large groups and interaction with students and familes with a diverse set of needs. You are constantly a representative of USD on and off the road at college fairs, high schools and conferences. Counseling families on our programs and financial aid also plays a large part of my job. Managing both our applicant pool and many staff members has given me invaluable experince in training, leadership and decision making. We have a team of 8 counselors that serve as territory manangers throughout the country and also internationally.

This position is very cyclical and has strict deadlines. I most enjoy being able to see students whom I have recruited enroll at USD and become successful in their academic endeavors. USD is a wonderful school and what we do changes many people's lives forever and I never lose sight of that. However, this position requires long hours and it can be hard to balance work and private life during certain times of the year.
Great place to work!
Paralegal Instructor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: great assistants!
Cons: no benefits!
Each class is 3 hours which makes it difficult to maintain attention. Friendly atmosphere. Can plan the entire curriculum.
Flexible Hours and nice work
Calculus II Homework Grader (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no set amount of homework to grade
This was a great job to work at, flexible hours that worked well with my hard academic schedule.
Nicest people I ever worked with.
Human Resources Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2014
Cons: temp assignment :(
Nicest people I ever worked with. Clear direction, no unpaid overtime, no screaming, no abuse, just calm pleasant work the way it should be.
Great school experience
Staff Attorney (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2014
This internship provides a lot of learning opportunities since it's the first time for many students that they get to interact with clients in a more real-world setting.
N/A
Casual Worker (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 12, 2013
Good Company To Work For. There is advancement of work. Good benefits
Great place to work with good benefits
Office Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: beautiful campus, a great place to work
Cons: lots of overtime
Good work environment with friendly people. Work was challenging and sometimes stressful. Learned an great deal and accomplished a lot. I enjoyed working with a variety of different people.
Hardwork and excitement with opportunity to learn on the job
Library Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 5, 2013
Pros: opportunity to study and access to a desk computer
Cons: night shifts were difficult to go through
As Library Assistant my general responsibility was to reshelf books, provide information to students regarding books and other related materials. I also performed other duties as necessary and assigned by my supervisor. For a typical day, I worked five hours with different shifts. The hardest part of the job was the part dealing with cataloging the books and the enjoyable part was that we had time to study; particularly, when there was not much work to do.

My co-workers comprised of both students and graduates of the University who were permanent employees.
Outstanding benefits, great pay, paid Christmas break...
Library (Current Employee), San DiegoApril 6, 2013
Pros: paid christmas break, benefits package, employees, campus
Cons: politics
Interesting culture. Lots of friendly, kind people. Beautiful campus. Lots of opportunity for professional development and cultural activities. More work than is possible to do.
Good benefits, strange corporate ethics
Banquets and Catering (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2013
Pros: free lunches for auxiliary staff members
Cons: scary executive director
Loved my co-workers, middle management is competent although everyone is scared of the Executive Director of Auxiliary Services!
Expect to get free meals, Christmas/New Year off and some of the summer. Learned to improvise due to lack of equipment and mediocre culinary standards.
USD: A great and creative working environment
Line Cook (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2013
I have learned quickly adapt to menu and staff changes and still provide excellent quality product and service. I create daily specials for lunch and or dinner, prepare meals daily for up to 1600 students, requisition products, and create operation manuals for stations. The hardest part of my job is working through a service even when I do not have all products/tools desired to serve my customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction that I am doing what pleases my managers, making my customers day that much more memorable by creating a delectable dish for them.
Active environment for children to learn and have fun
Assistant Camp Coach (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 16, 2012
A typical day at work involed the assesment of campers physically and mentally, the planning of camp activities, dorm checks to ensure the campers were safe in their beds each night. I learned how to adjust on the spot when things were not going according to plan and taking instruction from superiors to implement in a positive way. I enjoyed the director of the camp as their goal was to ensure the best experience possible for each camper. The hardest part of the job was giving individual attention to the particular campers that needed it, while maintaing the group dynamic and keeping my focus on them as a whole. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the excitement of the campers at each skill they achieved. It is truly rewarding to impact their success in that way.
Ready to work
Sr. Cognos Consultant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 26, 2012
Every day was a learning day, It was really great working with the client
ork day at the university was interesting because you got to talk to so many different cultures.
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2012
Pros: the pros of the job was the company picnics, the health fairs and the extra days during the holidays, benefits are really goodworking
Cons: working on the weekends, 30 min lunches, some of the comunications in different departments
Being a telephone operator, I got to talk to so many different people, and I got all the complaints before they reached the departments. I learned a lot about problem solving and good customer service. the peple were good to work with,very helpful.hardest. The hardest part about the job was helping the parents find the right people to talk with to get them help. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a phone call came through I was able to help and I had satisfied person.
Fantastic experience and gained significant leadership skills
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 22, 2012
Pros: great upper management, gained excellent skills in conflict resolution
Cons: not a very cohesive staff
As a Resident Assistant, I have gained practical experience as a mediator. Moreover, conflict resolution is a skill set that I acquired through an intensive training process beginning in August 2011. Looking after 64 sophomores, I have settled several roommate arguments, ranging from a student taking someone’s food to one as severe as assault against a fellow roommate. In handling volatile conflicts, I have learned the importance of diplomacy, pragmatism, and objectivity. My job requires that I make decisions and recommendations by enforcing the university’s student conduct policy, not simply based on my opinion.

About University of San Diego

Our diverse educational community is dedicated to developing the whole person: intellectually, physically, emotionally and spiritually. While – Read more

University of San Diego Photos