University of San Francisco Employee Reviews

Social justice minded organization who cares
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2017
If you're looking for a good place to work look no further! USF has excellent staff, work environment, and unparalleled benefits. USF gives you access to their gym, generous 401k, dental, medical, and vision and a decent vacation and sick time off package. There are many ways for staff to be involved on on-campus events to help professionally develop through academia. If you're interested in having a healthy work life balance, value wellness, and want to be in an academic space this is this place to be!
Pros
Free gym, 401k, tuition remission
Cons
10 vacation days starting
Excellent, diverse and dedicated staff. Top of the line facilities. Comfortable work environment.
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2017
I really enjoyed going to work full-time at UCSF. I would answer patient calls, schedule and confirm appointments or treatments/tests. I would work with lab techs, nurses, doctors, patient coordinators and patients everyday cooperatively.
Pros
dedicated, intelligent staff
quiet but productive
Temporary admissions analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 15, 2016
great environment and office crew. was a pleasure to work there and sad it was only a temp job. Very good leadership, clear and concise work details, and great work ethic and team effort.
great workplace
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2016
excellent people to work with. Tasks varied from day to day. HR department was a bit unorganized with managers and job tasks day to day. Unfortunate wellness program was outsourced.
Great work place
Community Assistant at Pedro Arrupe Dorm Hall (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2016
My experience as an employee at the University of San Francisco allowed me to engage with my community members, learn how to problem solve, and sharpen my communication skills. My teammates were all very communicative and helpful to one another, truly working together as a team when need be, and bonding as a family at all times.
Great Place to Work
Project and Research (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2016
The job helped me get familiar with the US healthcare system, data science and quality improvement strategies. The people are great and they inspire me to do more
Very friendly environment and supervisors
Productivity Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 21, 2016
I experience very positive atmosphere at work every day and feel myself being give enough weight in decision making process.
Fun place
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2016
A typical day was setting up the store for the students to come. I learned to be a leader. The management had too much on their plate that other things turned a blind eye. My co-workers were mostly students so they never took the job seriously. The most enjoyably part was meeting new people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short lunch
Familial, supportive, and inspiring atmosphere that aided in expanding my occupational horizons
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2016
University of San Francisco and more importantly the psychology lab that I work in has elevated, enhanced and expanded my educational and occupational future, and allowed me to realize my place in an academic setting, community, field, and practice.
Pros
Communal atmosphere
Great work environment and people
Exhibit and Collections Coordinator / Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2016
Everyone is helpful and nice. It can be hard to communicate with so many departments but everyone is willing to help to get the job done.
Lots of room for development and growth
Community Offce Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 17, 2016
I learned mostly that clear and open communication is key to a diverse and equitable workplace. San Francisco provides a great landscape for growth outside of work.
Part-time positions during graduate school
GRADUATE INTERN and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Asked by my marketing professor if I would like to do an internship with his company, DHL Airways, Inc. It was a new experience for me and I was able to get involved with research and the development of small business unites for express mail.
I also was recruited by the Associate Dean of the School of Business at the University of San Francisco to develop and implement a tracking system regarding curriculum and enrollment for the Undergraduate division. The amazing thing is that the system is still in existence today. I enjoyed working with the staff and all of the students.
Pros
Worked for the VP of Corporate Planing and Associate Dean of School of Business
Cons
Short term positions
alright company
academic class scheduler (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2016
USF is alright but advancement or room for growth is stunted. I would like to move up but its very challenging.Management is very precise and is very organized
Pros
great campus
Cons
little incentive to stay
Environmental Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 22, 2016
A typical work day would be ton of work but good exercise because it place is on a mountain. Small University is always good because you know everyone and they appreciate your work.

Management is very good and knowledgeable.
Pros
Good workout everyday
A professional university
Master Student (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2016
The infrastructure is amazing! The tuition is also amazing! Especially for international students. This program (MSCS) is very practical and provides a lot of experiences, but too busy.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Too busy
very open place to work at
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2016
great benefits
great people to work with
interesting facts about animals etc

room for growth if you work hard
hours are great
A professional university
Master Student (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 17, 2016
It provides many practical experiences, the professors are very nice, but it's very busy. It takes us long time to finish projects.
Pros
professional
Cons
busy
Beautiful Campus. Horrible Staff.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 23, 2015
This is not the place to go for Graduate studies in Chemistry. The department is small, research is elementary compared to other universities. They do not have the instrumentation, supplies or funding to advance. Advisors are usually "too busy" for their students. Expect to graduate late and lose valuable time.
Excellent School
Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 6, 2016
The University of San Francisco provides an excellent education. The staff within the science department are friendly and supportive. Lab assistants are given a fair amount of autonomy and responsibility with flexible hours.
Fun place to work
Events Manager & Guest Services Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 4, 2015
Worked with a great team of people who were able to work around my schedule during school. My coworkers were very helpful and I was able to learn all of the event management basics.
Pros
great co-workers, good hours
Cons
occasional high stress situations during events

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3