University of San Francisco

University of San Francisco Employer Reviews

A prime opportunity to study at work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: can study at work.
Cons: no breaks
This being a position for college students, the ability to study while working was the best part of the job.

A typical shift is either 2 hours in the daytime or 3 hours at night. On shift, one registered incoming guests of residents, answered the phone and directed calls, helped residents with their mail and packages and any facility issues they might – more... have. One was also responsible for certain actions in the event of a fire, fire drill, or earthquake.

I learned to handle irate residents, to call for help when I needed to, to multi-task and to answer phones.

Management was very supportive if a little lackadaisical about scheduling.

My co-workers were timely and responsible. It being a job where only one person is working at a time, we didn't interact much at work.

The hardest part of the job was staying awake at 3:35 in the morning.

The most enjoyable part was seeing my fellow students everyday. – less
Very Diverse Work and Environment
Media and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2014
I have learned so much from my experience at University of San Francisco! My strength in research and program coordination comes from the many hats that I wore during the three years that I spent working at USF. Accountability is the key to success here. My co-workers were my family. The hardest part my job was leaving it because I had to move to Seattle.
Fun and exciting place to work
Office Assistant - ITS Support (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 28, 2014
I was able to learn a lot from working with my boss. She allowed me to take on many roles as a Office Assistant, which will help me in my future. My main job was providing reception duties, but was not limited to that. I helped transform the inventory room, where my boss and I reorganized it from scratch.
IT
Security Architect (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: university
Cons: significant internal change
THE UNIVERSITY IS UNDERGOING A TRANSFORMATION TO REMAIN COMPETITIVE WITH OTHER ORGANIZATIONS. THEREFORE, THERE ARE NEW PROCESSES, PEOPLE AND TECHNOLOGY INTRODUCED.
place to learn
Front Desk Assistant in athletics department (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2014
I enjoed working there. The stuff members were very helpful and willing to teach. The hardest part was able to mange multitasking but throughout time I managed to do it.
Really good management and a fun place to work at
911 dispatcher (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2014
Cons: really busy
Has a really good team just takes time to learn the work. It is a really busy place
Dedicated professional seeking to combine extensive experience in financial services with advanced economics education to fulfill an entry-level posit
Field Researcher (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2014
• Expertise using STATA/E-views to run regression analysis, open datasets, investigate the contents of datasets, consolidate results into summaries, charts, graphs, and tables, and produce academic papers and professional presentations on wide range of economic issues.

• Proved ability to deal with a wide range of individuals, including high-net-worth – more... investors and institutional money manager, in a stressful and time-sensitive environment

• Strong team dynamic and team building skills. Recognized by coworkers as a house man due to readiness to help others and ability and dedication to work with colleagues – less
International Studies
Japanese Tutor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2014
I'm studying many different field of study such as economy, politic, history and culture. By taking such a broad classes, I'm able to obtain different knowledge and perspective.
Great benefits
Office Coordinator/Program Assistant IV (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 15, 2014
Provides great benefits employees, especially the option for tuition remission, health club reimbursements for branch campuses, and retirement contributions.
Inclusive, diverse, extremely informative about real organizations.
Full Time Student (Former Employee), San Francisco, CA, Sacramento CampusFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: inclusion, promotion of education and accomplishment as well as self improvement.
Cons: complex issues and assignments, graduated with 3.40 gpa
University Of San Francisco is an exemplary institution. The organization is very support of the student population.

I am a proud recipient of a Bachelors Degree in Organizational Behavioral and Leadership.
Fun place to work with a lot of new technology to work with.
Network Admin - Student Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 9, 2013
Generally the day starts off by walking in and logging into the work computer, check my queue for tickets which specify my tasks for the day.
I have learned a lot of new things regarding how NAC filters work, what are the important specs that need to be configured in a switch. How the fiber link provides the data connection, and many other Cisco equipment – more... related information.
The management is really flexible and understand the fact that we are first the students of the University and academics is the number one priority.
The team that I work with is wonderful and they teach me something new everyday at work, and every time they encounter something different that I may not have come across, they make it a point to call me in and show me how those issues are tackled. – less
The best on campus job ever
Graduate Assistant for Tutoring Program (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 22, 2013
Working with the University Ministry has been very fun. The management as well as student staff is wonderful. You have a family here. My job is very flexible and is very self directed.
Let's Speak French
French Tutor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: on campus, positive student interactions
Cons: low pay
I was a French conversation tutor for 2 semesters while I was attending the University of San Francisco. I worked with students of all ages and all levels of French comprehension. The hardest part of the job was having different lesson plans for the different groups of students. I couldn't simply use the same exercise on first year students that I would – more... on seniors, for example.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having conversations with students whose vocabulary was extensive enough to have interesting and compelling discussions. – less
On-Campus work study job
Ticket Operator Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: not enough hours
Exercised excellent costumer service skills and built relationships with loyal fans when selling tickets to all athletic games.
Assisted with organizing and setting up athletic events.
Coordinated game seats and assigned seats for buyers under stressful conditions.
Good
Teaching Assistant and researching assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2013
Good. This is a private institution. I work for school of management.
Great place to work while you are a student
Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: limited resposibilites for students
Flexible and friendly staff, helped a great deal with learning how to maintain professionalism in the workplace.
Positive educational environment
Program Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 28, 2013
The University of San Francisco provides a positive work environment in support of the higher learning goals of its students.
Great location
University Instructor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2013
Pros: beautiful location
Cons: it's teaching wayward, burned out students!
If you are willing to get a parking ticket every day, this is the place to be. San Francisco is amazing! The teaching position left me wondering if this is what I really wanted to do. It was not necessarily the school, but the fact that the BSN students were in their last semester and were burned out. They took the path of least resistance and gave – more... me a major run for my money. No pay could be worth it. – less
I got a lot from USF
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2013
I learned a lot from USF. Within one year's learning period, I strongered my fince academy background, and prepared for the CFA Level I exam
Productive and fun work place
Student Technician, Campus (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2013
I was a student technician here and it was good to work in the US after work as a software engineer in India for almost 4 years. Overall it was a pleasant experience for me here.