University of San Francisco Employee Reviews

Super Interesting Work
Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 16, 2017
A typical day is full of new customers and experiences. Constant 'one offs'. My colleagues' were wonderful to work with and I was challenged and promoted regularly. I learned a great deal.
Pros
Beyond phenomenal benefits
Cons
Poor management
Change the World from Here
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 23, 2017
The University of San Francisco not only builds up students through an excellent academic programs and classes but also instills in students to strive for a socially just world.
Best group of people I ever worked with
Senior Research Associate III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2017
Our Virology Group was awesome to work with. Everyone had there own project, but the projects were all part of a team effort. I really learned a lot about running ELISA's . trouble shooting them and HIV-1 viral propagation.
Great workplace.
Pros
Many benefits
Cons
Great campus and community environment
Information Technology Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 12, 2017
University of San Francisco offers the opportunity to work at a beautiful private university that is well known and involved in the community. USF is also close to many good places to eat at for lunch.
Academic freedom! Refreshing...
IT INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2017
I was in a very nice group within a particular department. My boss was great, although multiple layers of communication existed between myself and the people making the budgetary decisions, which slowed some processes down a bit.
Pros
Admin rights!
Cons
Slow wi-fi
Great place to learn
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 3, 2017
I worked at USF in various jobs as a student worker and learned a lot. I made a lot of great connections and met diverse, hard-working people. I would recommend working there to anyone considering it.
The three "F" words (Fair, Firm, Fun)
English Teacher (ESL) (Former Employee) –  Provincia de ChimborazoJuly 16, 2017
History
Writing
Test
Great
Program Assistant, Graduate Career Services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2017
Really enjoyed working there. Great place to work. I would recommend it. Great staff and it's in SF but for the cost of living maybe not the best. Liked being downtown.
Good starting point, has some growth to accomplish
Community Office Manager (COM) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2017
Good place to start out and some upward mobility. Culture seems to be changing and has room for growth! Work flows, peaks in busy periods with some lulls.
USF stands for "You Stay Forever" but you shouldn't
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 21, 2017
Program Assistants are treated poorly. The union is not a good thing for this position. Compensation is not good and unlike other staff members who get a 3% raise every year, PAs only get maybe 1%. The culture is terrible and is very cut-throat with very passive aggressive staff members.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation, management, passive aggressive, oppressive work culture
Fun Job tutoring students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2017
Being a Tutor for USF allows you to promote the USF culture to other schools while allowing you to build some experience working with students of all ages.
Unprofessional
Ticketing Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 1, 2017
A lot of the people in the athletics department use the authority of being in an athletic department as cause to not do work. The rely on eager student workers and interns to actually work, while a majority of the high-up, salaried employees do nothing. Specifically, the marketing department is occupied with under-qualified and overly-lathargic people.
Hands on and busy
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2017
Working at University of San Francisco is a great place to work. There is a strong team unity and everyone helps to complete the job. great people to work with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks, constantly meeting deadlines.
Worked as adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 26, 2017
Good support for lesson planning and student contact. Most work done at home with 4 hour classes held once per week. Occasional visits to USF for additional training and information about theothers doing the same work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the students.
Pros
High degree of independence
Cons
Isolated from other instuctors
Very productive close knitt engineering crew
Utility Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2017
This was a great job. I meet quite a few guys that I went on to attend and graduate from my apprenticeship with. The management was fair and always good natured. The hardest part was leaving after my temp position was up.
Pros
Great crew
Cons
College kids damage alot of things
Fun & engaging workplace
Receptionist/Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2017
a typical day was usual outlined via email. coworkers were wonderful and supervisors were personable and clear with expectations. We were always able to address any issues easily and make the necessary changes.
Magnificent Place to Work
Help Desk Student Lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2017
Magnificent! I absolutely love working at USF. Everyone is so lovely there. And I haven't been fired yet. Quite an improvement over previous jobs. Absolutely stunning work experience .
Nice summer baseball camp job
Camp Counselor / Coach (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 20, 2017
Check campers in each morning. Go through full stretch with a group of 15 to 25 kids. Run through various hitting, running, pitching, and fielding drills.
Great working experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2017
I worked for my mother college. This is a fantastic place to work with. Staff here is friendly and nice. Salary and benefit is pretty good. I suggest people work here.
Highly diverse and inclusive educational institution
Graduate Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 1, 2017
University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer and this is reflected in the staff make up at all levels, as well as in its diverse student backgrounds. In this sense, it rates highly among US Colleges with great balance between its number of domestic and international students
Pros
Work-Study balance
Cons
Daily commune from East bay to campus location