University Of Scranton

University Of Scranton Employee Reviews

Productive and pleasant environment
General Mechanic (Current Employee), ScrantonApril 26, 2015
Pros: Vacation time, paid classes and quite often free lunch
Cons: Cost of Healthcare
The job is always a challenge. Recently learned how to repair a Sloan water closet. Co-workers work as a team. I enjoy a challenge.
Pleasant work place
Administrative Assistant Foreign Languages (Current Employee), ScrantonApril 1, 2015
The University of Scranton has a great mission that it stays true to for Faculty, staff, and students. I am proud to be a part of the environment it has created here and have the opportunity to serve in various service projects that the University volunteers to help with.
Looks easy but improtant place
Research Experience (Former Employee), Scranton, PASeptember 17, 2014
Rooutine job everyday: Check the health condition of animal; Partially perform the animal experiment; Recording the data; Data check and feedback.
very nice people, encouraging environment
Research Analyst (Current Employee), Scranton, PASeptember 10, 2014
I am enjoying my time here. People are very nice and flexible.
Productive and clean environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJune 25, 2014
Typical a busy day with the public calling our information center.
Computer Operations Admin
Computer Operations Manager (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJune 5, 2014
Responsible for the daily operations in the Computer room.
Which include
• Responsible for monitoring 150-200 systems simultaneously to ensure students and staff had secure access to University of Scranton programs which included financial aid, payroll systems, grades, telephone, and royalty programs.
• Responsible for the daily execution of the software move process from Development to the QA(test) and Production environments.
• Proactively managed system issues by quickly identifying problems and provided solutions through proper communication to appropriate internal counterparts.
• Exceptional knowledge of installation and lab management including the execution of database exports to the cloud system.
• Responsible for the implementation of all necessary steps to facilitate the Banner Upgrade process, including downloading banner software, enabling/disabling sudo access, and password resets logged in Numara Footprints tickets.
• Operated Optical scanner for processing of exams, math placement, and produced corresponding analysis reports for all faculty throughout the university.
• Processed assigned Banner and ARGOS security requests across multiple environments which required an understanding of userclasses, objects, bannerids and ARGOS components.
• Coordinated upgrades with Runner Technologies to update addresses to conform to USPS standards.
Productive and fun workplace
Work Study Recreational Referee (Current Employee), Scranton, PAFebruary 27, 2014
A typical work day is just a few hours and you just control each game. I learned how to take control and be assertive in my actions. Co-workers are great, we work great together. Hardest part of the job is keeping each game under control, sometimes things can get out of hand.
Staff issues
Instructor (Current Employee), Scranton, PAJune 22, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: lack of advancement, pay, division structures, and soon to be financial challenges from lack of enrollment and accrediation.
The university has a great and committed faculty unit. The area of concern was in the professional staff component, In particular the student affairs division. It is such a small unit that it has no room to grow. This is also noted in the people that work in the division being career lower middle managers. Little turnover for those that lack the ability to perform in the position also adds to significant concerns related to the development in the position. Job security is great as it is impossible to make a mistake that gets you removed from your role. Prepare to have little to work life balance as the dean and vice president expect to have a personal life and you are expected to do more work to make that happen.
CTLE Writing Consultant
Student Writing Consultant (Former Employee), Scranton, PANovember 2, 2012
I met on an hourly basis with students and faculty to edit papers, develop ideas, etc.
Good work. good people and atmosphere. Workstudy
Work Study Employee (Former Employee), Scranton, PASeptember 18, 2012
My responsibilities were to man the reception desk if there were no other workstudies or staff members at the desk, take messages off the answering machine of students or guardians and call them back, answer walk in, and answer phone calls. I was also to direct anyone where I was either unable to or not allowed to answer the questions to other staff members. Other responsibilities were to scan documents into a computer system where I was also to index them.

It was my first job but I know the management was handled very well. They were lenient when necessary and strict when required.

Everyone had a good sense of humor and it felt like another family.

Hardest part of the job was trying to handle difficult callers or walk ins who didn't listen to the information I was giving them. Also rude people were difficult to handle.

The most enjoyable part is when the students or guardians are kind and thankful when I was helping them out. Also what was enjoyable was just working with my co-workers.
Tutor
Statistics and Finance Tutor (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJuly 19, 2012
I tutored peers in subjects that I excelled in.

Picked my own hours.
Nice environment to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJuly 12, 2012
Pros: own office space
Cons: had to make own breaks when possible
Finished daily projects and met deadlines.
Learned school's program.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
Hardest part of the job was angry parents.