University Of Scranton Employee Reviews

Sranton
Student Tech Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 13, 2017
it is a great place to work a lot all the time to make more and more money you will meet others and enjoy your time their and here and have fun and learn
Review Summary
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 26, 2016
Clock in, get keys, report to assigned building. Clean classrooms, bathrooms, and other general maintenance. Sometimes do set-ups for events. At end of shift, return keys.
Great place to work while working as a student
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 21, 2016
Working in the recreation department while attending Scranton is a great opportunity to meet people while earning some money. In addition Scranton teaches a good work ethic.
Pros
Time with friends
Cons
low pay
Laid back, comfortable, yet efficient work place with great people.
Student Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 10, 2016
In the office of admissions, we typically help the admissions staff and counselors with various day to day activities. These include answering the phones, inputting student data into the system, helping to organize admissions events, and performing tasks to make the counselors' jobs easier. My supervisor and director are both fantastic people. I felt welcome and productive immediately thanks to them and help from my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the tedious aspect of putting together countless admissions packets and folders for prospective students. The best part of the job is knowing that I made an impact in bringing students to the university.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
PA minimum wage because it is a work study position.
Positive and forward thinking atmosphere
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 28, 2016
As a part time adjunct faculty professor, this was a wonderful opportunity to get started in the field of education. Faculty and staff were supportive. High caliber of students to teach.
It was a great place to learn and it really gave me many tools that I use today especially computer and software skills
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 22, 2016
It was a real pleasure going to school at the University of Scranton. Because of my academic success I was able to work as a Grad Assistant. As a Grad Assistant I learn many in depth software programs for education and office management. I learned accurate and fast research skills, and I also practiced in editing various materials for the department. The hardest part was that this was all self-motivated and I learned different techniques to motivate myself. I again loved my professor that worked along side she was a wonderful mentor and friend.
Current employee
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 14, 2015
Being a Jesuit university men and women for others they are just that. The staff faculty and students are so great in every aspect. I love my job here
Great School
Line Cook, Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 30, 2015
Worked here as a work study student in dining services. My manager was very accommodating with my class schedule and very helpful.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible Schedule
Fun place to work
Cleaning and front of the house (Former Employee) –  scranton pa 18510June 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be punch in walk threw make sure everything is in order before i start my shift..far as cups, plates,juices,soda and milk..tables are cleaned..Learned how to manage the floor in a busy place..good co-workers..great food...the best part is inner acting with the kids...
productive
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  PAMay 26, 2015
As a student and working as research assistant it was great experience. I learned a lot working under great teachers as research assistant.
Was great to work with the University staff and students.
Graphic Artist/Designer (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 17, 2015
Designing and preparing all the University and student publications for print. Management and co-workers were always a delight, helpful, and easy to work with, and I always felt appreciated.
Pros
Great productive atmosphere.
Cons
Too far of a commute for me.
Productive and pleasant environment
General Mechanic (Current Employee) –  ScrantonApril 26, 2015
The job is always a challenge. Recently learned how to repair a Sloan water closet. Co-workers work as a team. I enjoy a challenge.
Pros
Vacation time, paid classes and quite often free lunch
Cons
Cost of Healthcare
Pleasant work place
Administrative Assistant Foreign Languages (Current Employee) –  ScrantonApril 1, 2015
The University of Scranton has a great mission that it stays true to for Faculty, staff, and students. I am proud to be a part of the environment it has created here and have the opportunity to serve in various service projects that the University volunteers to help with.
Looks easy but improtant place
Research Experience (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 17, 2014
Rooutine job everyday: Check the health condition of animal; Partially perform the animal experiment; Recording the data; Data check and feedback.
very nice people, encouraging environment
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 10, 2014
I am enjoying my time here. People are very nice and flexible.
Productive and clean environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 25, 2014
Typical a busy day with the public calling our information center.
Computer Operations Admin
Computer Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 5, 2014
Responsible for the daily operations in the Computer room.
Which include
• Responsible for monitoring 150-200 systems simultaneously to ensure students and staff had secure access to University of Scranton programs which included financial aid, payroll systems, grades, telephone, and royalty programs.
• Responsible for the daily execution of the software move process from Development to the QA(test) and Production environments.
• Proactively managed system issues by quickly identifying problems and provided solutions through proper communication to appropriate internal counterparts.
• Exceptional knowledge of installation and lab management including the execution of database exports to the cloud system.
• Responsible for the implementation of all necessary steps to facilitate the Banner Upgrade process, including downloading banner software, enabling/disabling sudo access, and password resets logged in Numara Footprints tickets.
• Operated Optical scanner for processing of exams, math placement, and produced corresponding analysis reports for all faculty throughout the university.
• Processed assigned Banner and ARGOS security requests across multiple environments which required an understanding of userclasses, objects, bannerids and ARGOS components.
• Coordinated upgrades with Runner Technologies to update addresses to conform to USPS standards.
Productive and fun workplace
Work Study Recreational Referee (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 27, 2014
A typical work day is just a few hours and you just control each game. I learned how to take control and be assertive in my actions. Co-workers are great, we work great together. Hardest part of the job is keeping each game under control, sometimes things can get out of hand.
Staff issues
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 22, 2013
The university has a great and committed faculty unit. The area of concern was in the professional staff component, In particular the student affairs division. It is such a small unit that it has no room to grow. This is also noted in the people that work in the division being career lower middle managers. Little turnover for those that lack the ability to perform in the position also adds to significant concerns related to the development in the position. Job security is great as it is impossible to make a mistake that gets you removed from your role. Prepare to have little to work life balance as the dean and vice president expect to have a personal life and you are expected to do more work to make that happen.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Lack of Advancement, Pay, Division structures, and Soon to be financial challenges from lack of enrollment and accrediation.
CTLE Writing Consultant
Student Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 2, 2012
I met on an hourly basis with students and faculty to edit papers, develop ideas, etc.