University of South Carolina

Fun!
Assistant to Director (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 17, 2014
So much fun.
Friendly staff.
I enjoyed coordinating events.
Research.
Design.
Good job for new college students
Student Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: work at school
Cons: low wages
Loved the atmosphere, basic admin duties. Management was professional and courteous.
approve credit sales
Accounting Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 25, 2014
Approved sales for credit purchases when the customer was over their limit, or close to their limit.
Good experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 25, 2014
Every week I give lectures to students, answer their questions after class, reply emails from students regarding different situations and questions, set up dropbox for them to submit assignments, and grade part of the exams.

I keep trying to improve my teaching and making the tough concepts easier for the students to understand, by giving examples, – more... draw pictures and so on. I have 3 or 4 Ph.D. students help me with grading and answering questions from the students in the lab. I communicate with them time to time to understand what parts are difficult for the students to understand. The hardest part is to get all this working smoothly and ensure the students understand what's taught in the class. – less
cozy work environment like a family
Research Associate (Former Employee), columbia,scMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good work environment, nice professors
Cons: no cons
good place to work, respect to the family first. The professors are nice and willing to help
good work environment
Research Associate (Former Employee), columbia,scMarch 12, 2014
good place to work. the working pace is slow compare to other university but full of love
Self-enforced job, own room, own desk and computer.
Writing Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Union, SCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: managed self and time, easy job, set own hours.
Cons: had a max hour cap, sometimes had problems getting hours approved before pay.
Very easy job, just handled essays from other students, largely left alone; allowed to make own hours/schedule and handle lock up and reporting by myself.
active and productive in cutting-edge research areas
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 3, 2014
Very compact day work and productive atmosphere. You will learn how to analyze problem and solve them quickly. Team workers are very cooperative and helpful. Brainstorming is quite often and communication plays an very important role in our daily life. Sometimes, you will feel like time is not enough.
nice people to work with
Building and Grounds Specialist II (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: benefits are ok
Cons: dont pay enough
start around 8:00 pulling trash out the buliding then clean all the hallways. after that sweep all the steps in the building that should get you to lunch time after lunch mop all the steps then clean bathrooms and laudry room
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: n/a
I learned valuable life lessons here like time management and how to get along with co-workers.
Arden B
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 20, 2014
Good retail job but because prices are so high, business was very slow at times.
Good Experinece
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 18, 2014
I had a chance to work with friendly co-workers and great professors with great opportunities to work as an independent researcher.
Fun workplace
BOOKSTORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Salkehatchie, SCFebruary 10, 2014
In the mornings I would fix the coffee, then stock the drinks. I would answer questions about books and some classes. I would talk to the customers about their day, or what they needed to do to register for classes. My co-workers were awesome. We would rotate who would have to get the books at the beginning of the semester.
Running a fraternity house is definately a handful
Housing Director/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free housing, meals, cable, internet, healthcare, paid vacation and sick leave
Cons: long hours, tons of health and safety considerations
Got a chance to work with upcoming students and help to guide them in their academic as well as social development. Working about 80hrs per week and on call 24/7 but good amount of time off to recharge batteries on school holidays, winter and summer breaks. Have worked with the same staff for almost 11 years and they are well trained and willing to – more... put forth a ton of extra effort. Decent benefits because it is a state job and comes with housing, cable, internet, but the pay is not really that great. – less
Great TA Position
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 24, 2014
It's a lot of work - going to class, and homework - but it's challenging and we're given all the tools to succeed.
Repetitive/degrading. Do not recommend.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: if you are permanent, the state benefits
Cons: low wage, no room for advancement, lack of respect from management
I can not say that I like to work for USC Columbia. I was brought in as a temp hire expecting there to be some sort of movement after the first year, but I have not had an opportunity to do so. I also did not receive any raise to my wage after the first year despite being an hourly worker with no benefits. The only way to move in the system is to know – more... someone at the top well and just move laterally. The work feels trivial and unnecessarily repetitive. Despite assisting several of my co-workers and supervisors on tasks they were assigned to do, I am still treated as I were an intern and no clue what I am doing. I do not recommend working for USC Columbia unless you already know a Director or you simply NEED a job. – less
Fun and laid back setting
Student Employee (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 7, 2014
As a student employee I was able to communicate with University staff, students, and visitors. I enjoyed this work very much. I was required to answer phones, deliver mail, and handle other administrative paper work.
excellent
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Allendale, SCDecember 29, 2013
Pros: dedication
great company
set schedule
excellent people person skills
very kind
hard work pays off at this company
FUN WORK PLACE
Assistant Shuttle Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 4, 2013
WE ALL WORK TOGETHER AS A TEAM TO GET THE JOB DONE.
I'VE LEARN HOW TO COMMUNICATE, COMPUTERS ALL CLERICAL STUFF. SOMETIMES HARD TO WORK WITH BUT I MANAGE IT AND GET MY JOB DONE.MY CO-WORKERS ARE VERY EASY TO WORK WITH WE ALL GET ALONG. FINDING DRIVERS TO FILL MY TRIPS. GETTING TO KNOW NEW PEOPLE THE ONES THAT REQUEST OUR BUSES FOR TRIPS.
Projects assigned during curriculam
Projects (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 23, 2013
Had to project with team members. Lot was learned using the software to design the dry cask for storage of spent fuel.

1 2 3 4