University of South Carolina Employee Reviews

No problems with the University
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 30, 2017
I had no problem working for the University, However I left there because the salary was somewhat low, and did not always have any pay raises. The job was not hard at all. The workplace was work driven based on student grades and employee payroll which was steady. You knew what needed to be done and had an idea of what you would be doing each day.
Pros
Sometime companies donated free lunch
Cons
Low Pay with little pay raises
A great professor, mentor
Assistant Audio Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 22, 2016
A great in environment and great acess to knowledge.i leaned a great amount of information from my professor and he was also my internship supervisor. Taught me a almost everything i know about digital workstations, inner and outer workings of a mixing boards and a great amount of microphone situations and scenrios.
Work environment
Sr. Cognos Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 22, 2016
 Worked with Business Units to define Business strategy and create a centralized reporting capability for users to perform analytical and ad-hoc reporting for business applications and provide accurate information available to Decision Makers.
 Implemented Framework manager security for Data access, Object level access and Package access.
 Created database layer and business layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects in Framework Manager.
I enjoyed working as an assistant to a professor.
Project Assistant: On-TRACK Grant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 31, 2016
The College of Education provides graduate students with an opportunity to assist professors while completing their studies. The hours were flexible and allowed me to focus on my work, as well as provide assistance to a professor.
Good Place to work and study
Full Stake Developer - Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 24, 2017
Individually Developed a complete Web Application for creating and publishing Key Artifacts (Reports & MIS) for Provost Office
from scratch in Agile Methodology.
Liberal Place with freedom to think about new concepts & implementation.
The University of South Carolina is a challenging SEC environment
Volunteer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at my alma mater. I learned so much from being involved with an SEC caliber program.) It is my goal to return to this level of Collegiate Athletics and coach the elite athlete to a Championship.)

A program of this caliber has to be dynamically organize. A quality staff is a good indicator of the programs success. The meaning of team extends to the numerous staff off the field.

My favorite part of my job was preparing the athletes for Gameday.

The hardest part of the job was keeping pace, but it was also the exciting part of the job.
Pros
Elite level competition
Cons
none!
Economical shortfall in the state for administrative pay
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  1300 Greene St. Columbia SC 29208January 9, 2017
Entering a new phase of my life and am looking forward to challenges and changes. The numbers puzzles are still my favorite, but customer services is always nice to interact with the actual users
Great work relationship with employees of the university
Graduate Assistant, College of Social Work (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 13, 2016
The work culture of the University's social work department was supportive, engaging and always striving to put the needs of the students first. One of the main goals of all staff and faculty in the social work department is to see all the students accomplish their goals and also gain thorough knowledge of their profession to be culturally competent and most importantly, show and give compassion to all of our clients and their families.
Usc
Student Loan Accounting (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Department could do better
Many departments are ran by autocratic leadership and play the politics game with raises and jobs advancement.
Too many personal relationships preventing good employees from being successful.
Good Place to Work
Media Services Rep.-Customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 23, 2016
Good Director and the people are fun to be around. You learn alot of good technical terms and its one of the best places to be to learn about cameras and equipment you will need to use in your everyday career.
Great place to work!
Student Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 2, 2016
I enjoyed my time there, and would gladly accept another position within the school. I really loved working with students and parents, meeting new people all the time was awesome. My passion is helping others, and I believe that I more than always did my share of it.
Good people to work with
IT Assistant, Desktop and Server (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Good experience learning more and more about the world of IT. Learned more being relatively new to the IT world. Learned more about domains, active directory, servers, and operating systems.
Very cozy for studying and living
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 30, 2016
Very nature environment and cozy climate. People are very nice but in somewhat conservative. One of my biggest cons is about the bureau's efficiency in which there is a lot of room to improve.
I learned a lot from this Ph.D. program
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 25, 2017
Professors are so nice to help you and give you valuable insights during your research. Meanwhile, I really enjoyed the culture of our department, ENHS family.
Wonderful school, city, and theater department
Director, Producer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2016
Director, Producer
Produced and directed Same Time Next Year. Managed The Longstreet and The Robby Benson theaters on campus.

Supervised production and support staff including stagecraft crew members.
Scheduled productions maintained the house operations.
Coordinated advertising for university productions.
Related well to creative people in various artistic fields whose collaborative
efforts were essential to the success of the project.
Great Experience
Audio/Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 11, 2016
I learned valuable information to be successful as an video coordinator by learning about video and audio equipment for 4 years. My co-workers were my best friends and my boss was my favorite teacher.
Pros
Unlimited access to equipment
Cons
No cons
My experience at the university was great. College taght me a lot and gave me new morals.
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2016
Being a student athlete at south Carolina was not easy but it was well worth the blood, sweat and tears. From 5 am morning workout to class, then to study hall and meetings and from there we go to practice and finish out the day with study hall, and with study hall ending when ever you got your work done there is no way to tell how long your day is going to last but, I will say college made me mentally strong.
A Fairly Good Department
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 17, 2017
The Engineering department at USC is very well structured. Updates to policies are always easily found and distributed. Work in the research labs is safe and efficient.
Very nice place to work
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 20, 2016
A typical work day consist of providing counseling and housing to individuals who are homeless and the presents a disabling condition.
Pros
Huge caseload, very fulfilling.
Cons
Huge caseload and there's no room for advancement.
fine environment and challenging
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 13, 2017
good place to work, enthusiastic people who always motivates towards their goal. Best working environment which motivates you or energetic you for your work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3