University of South Carolina

University of South Carolina Employer Reviews

Enormous Learning Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: temporary position
I learned a lot while working a this establishment. The job was intended to pay a portion of my college tuition.
Internship provided experience to prepare me for profesional challenges in Higher Education
Resident Hall Director (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: expierence proved vital in preparation for career in higher education
Cons: demanding workload
Managed a student living environment, was difficult at times to balance with coursework.
Advocacy
Enrichment Coordinator/Instructor (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 8, 2014
I do advocacy work with the greatest staff ever in TRiO. We provide services for first-generation low-income students in high poverty areas. We are a college access program and we love serving the youth.
Volunteer Position
Archaeology Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: it was only for about 2 hours a day.
Cons: it was not paid.
This volunteer opportunity for one of the professors in my department was great for learning about the process of archaeological research. I worked in the lab cleaning minor things from the site and spent time extensively organizing them.
Excessive Research Opportunities
International Cultural Liaison (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 13, 2014
Interesting People
Educational environment
friendly work environment
Management was OK
Pefect Graduate Assistant Position
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 11, 2014
This is the perfect graduate assistant position because it gives you real world experience while you are still in school. You are treated like a staff member, not a paper pusher.
comfortable working relationship
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible working time
Collecting and organizing data is sometimes boring but really helpful for data analysis which is necessary for professors' research. As a master student majoring in accountancy, this job requires me to process the work with professional due care.
Nice place to work
Administrative Coordinator I (Current Employee), Columbia, South CarolinaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, family friendly
Cons: management not career path oriented
Very good work enviroment, not much room for advancement. i enjoy working for the University of South Carolina its a good family oriented enviroment with good benefits.
Great For Students
Resident Mentor, University Housing (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 26, 2014
Being a Resident Mentor was one of the greatest things I could have done during my time in college. I got to work with incoming freshmen and was able to provide the resources they would need to help them better their time at school.

Working with freshmen was equally stressful, because they are always ready to party and sometimes took it overboard. – more... But my job required me to be on alert for any situations that may turn into a crisis and how to avoid these situations. I was able to educate myself as well as my residents about the dangers that come along with excessive alcohol and drug use.

It was a great job, I was able to work, go to class, and still have plenty of time to go to the gym and socialize. It looks good on your resume as well. It is not a glamorous job, but it pays decently and you learn how to live and interact with people from all walks of life. – less
Great research opportunity, less related to industry
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: hard-working people
Cons: less job opportunities in small cities
Great Professors and research opportunities. Yet as for my major, the programs are less related to industrial application.
summary
Fiscal Tech II (Current Employee), Allendale, SCSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: state job
Great place to work. Meet new people everyday. Working in higher education atmosphere. Several new challenges everyday!
When school was in session, was very busy.
Academic Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCSeptember 21, 2014
This is a great place to work and the people are really nice. When the students were in session, it was quite busy, as they were in need of there professors, and helped arrange with them to either email the professor or try to locate them or help them in any way that I could.

I have learned a lot more patience as when things do not go right with a – more... student they get flustered and upset. I try to calm them and help them take care of their problem.

Management was always there with a helping hand.

My co-workers were always there to help in any way that they could.

The hardest part of the job at times were the clashing personalities, however, I do have a lot of patience, and would just smile and try to smooth the edges.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with all the people. Whenever you needed a helping had someone was always there to help you. – less
Able to work other students.
Math Lab Tutor (Former Employee), Aiken, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Able to use my math skills to teach other students math. The co-workers that I worked with was great, because we work together solving math problems.
Great College
Long Snapper (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Spent 5 years on the USC football team. Competing for the starting position for 3 years. Became starter in fourth year and continued to fifth year.
Great Coworkers, Great Atmosphere
Building Manager/Attendant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 14, 2014
Russell House is dependent on the work of the everyday workers. It is a great place to be and has been a pleasurable experience working here. A typical day of working consists of managing events and ensuring that each event is set-up to the client's needs. We ensure that each client is given the requested materials and excellent service to allow for – more... an easy-going event. Life is stressful enough when planning for these events and we are here to alleviate that stress when it comes to the event set-up. – less
Calm enviroment with friendly staff who understand your problems
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 9, 2014
Helping multiple students with computer related issues and kept systems running at optimal efficiency.
Great for student
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: few hours
Easy going job with few hours. Great with balancing with school work.
Exciting and professional place to work in an academic environment
Assistant Director/Studio Classroom Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SC 29208June 3, 2014
University is an enjoyable place to work.

I have learned the principles and skill sets of becoming an more affluent manager.

Management here is encouraging and supportive of development.

My coworkers are/were simply awesome to work with...we all felt like a extended family.
Great school and excellent professors
Teacher Student Assistant/Research at SRS (Former Employee), Aiken, SCApril 21, 2014
At USCA, I was required to maintain the animal lab, greenhouse, and be a teacher student assistant. I had learn a great deal with lab equipment and and and the proper techniques, also I learned how to be independent on task and make sure everything was going accordingly. The job was enjoyable and i have no complaints, I enjoyed working with the animal, – more... plants, and students. – less
Fun!
Assistant to Director (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 17, 2014
So much fun.
Friendly staff.
I enjoyed coordinating events.
Research.