University of South Carolina Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Capstone Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 29, 2017
Great and awesome place to work. Everyone's needs were well taken care of. There was a lot of people that you worked with that have very different personalities.
Pros
Always taken care of
Cons
very long days
The university and department are good, my supervisor was not
Post-doctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 27, 2017
The chemistry department at The University of South Carolina is generally good. However, there is at least one professor who should be avoided at all costs.
Productive Workplace!
Senior Regional Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 5, 2017
Great Staff! Enjoyed working there. Great people who are super nice and friendly. I loved everything about working there, including the facilities and the campus.
the worst print shop i have ever had to work for
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 31, 2017
The management at the University of South Carolina Printing Department are completely incompetent and are the biggest reason for any problems that arrive in the shop. They inhibit the experienced operator from doing the job they were hired to do by changing policies at a whim, setting unrealistic deadlines, and making demands based on impossible expectations due to the overall ignorance of the printing field.
Pros
Cons
working for the printing department at USC
Was a patrolman for the University
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 26, 2017
Worked a 12 1/2 rotating shift 6:30-7:00. Weekends included. The job was not what you would think a law enforcement job would be. Plenty of times I would write Citations for alcohol or drug violations by a minor and the Director of the police force would down grade the citation for various reasons. Mostly who the parents were.
Pros
Good training
Cons
during footbal season had to work every weekend I was off.
Ta at usc
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 22, 2017
Its is great to work as TA in USC.
We get to meet many students with tons of questions.
Sometimes it also frustrating especially when you had a really busy day and you are tired.
productive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 21, 2017
i did not like working there they cheated me out of my money the mangers were rude but the students are really nice but if you have a atitude problem i should suggest you should not work there
A Fairly Good Department
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 17, 2017
The Engineering department at USC is very well structured. Updates to policies are always easily found and distributed. Work in the research labs is safe and efficient.
fine environment and challenging
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 13, 2017
good place to work, enthusiastic people who always motivates towards their goal. Best working environment which motivates you or energetic you for your work
No problems with the University
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 30, 2017
I had no problem working for the University, However I left there because the salary was somewhat low, and did not always have any pay raises. The job was not hard at all. The workplace was work driven based on student grades and employee payroll which was steady. You knew what needed to be done and had an idea of what you would be doing each day.
Pros
Sometime companies donated free lunch
Cons
Low Pay with little pay raises

Want to know more about University of South Carolina?

Ask a question
Workplace that encouraged learning and improvement on circuit design and construction
Teaching Assistant/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 29, 2017
As a TA and lab assistant a typical work day would involve anything from helping students work on labs that involved circuit design to working on small scale projects for orientation week or EE conventions. Working as a TA came with the responsible of describing circuit design and implementation on a deeper level that the students could understand. This could range from breaking a circuit down to the component level or showing the relationship and understanding from going from a schematic to building a small scale circuit. Working in the labs provided extra time to fully work with various sets of lab equipment including; oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, and digital multi-meters. The most enjoyable part of either job was the close relationship between peers and students, getting the chance to reacquaint myself with previous labs and having the chance to teach upcoming sophomores. The EE department at USC is tight community of engineering students and professors and being a part of overall system at work there truly was something I felt honored to be apart of.
I learned a lot from this Ph.D. program
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 25, 2017
Professors are so nice to help you and give you valuable insights during your research. Meanwhile, I really enjoyed the culture of our department, ENHS family.
Good Place to work and study
Full Stake Developer - Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 24, 2017
Individually Developed a complete Web Application for creating and publishing Key Artifacts (Reports & MIS) for Provost Office
from scratch in Agile Methodology.
Liberal Place with freedom to think about new concepts & implementation.
Usc
Student Loan Accounting (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Department could do better
Many departments are ran by autocratic leadership and play the politics game with raises and jobs advancement.
Too many personal relationships preventing good employees from being successful.
Good people to work with
IT Assistant, Desktop and Server (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Good experience learning more and more about the world of IT. Learned more being relatively new to the IT world. Learned more about domains, active directory, servers, and operating systems.
Great Opportunity
Building Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
*Great Atmosphere
*Awesome Management
*Adequate Training
*Great Scheduling
*Fun workers
*Opportunity for Career advancements
Economical shortfall in the state for administrative pay
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  1300 Greene St. Columbia SC 29208January 9, 2017
Entering a new phase of my life and am looking forward to challenges and changes. The numbers puzzles are still my favorite, but customer services is always nice to interact with the actual users
I enjoyed working as an assistant to a professor.
Project Assistant: On-TRACK Grant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 31, 2016
The College of Education provides graduate students with an opportunity to assist professors while completing their studies. The hours were flexible and allowed me to focus on my work, as well as provide assistance to a professor.
Very cozy for studying and living
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 30, 2016
Very nature environment and cozy climate. People are very nice but in somewhat conservative. One of my biggest cons is about the bureau's efficiency in which there is a lot of room to improve.
Good Place to Work
Media Services Rep.-Customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 23, 2016
Good Director and the people are fun to be around. You learn alot of good technical terms and its one of the best places to be to learn about cameras and equipment you will need to use in your everyday career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3