University of South Carolina Employee Reviews

Usc
Student Loan Accounting (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Department could do better
Many departments are ran by autocratic leadership and play the politics game with raises and jobs advancement.
Too many personal relationships preventing good employees from being successful.
Good people to work with
IT Assistant, Desktop and Server (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Good experience learning more and more about the world of IT. Learned more being relatively new to the IT world. Learned more about domains, active directory, servers, and operating systems.
Great Opportunity
Building Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
*Great Atmosphere
*Awesome Management
*Adequate Training
*Great Scheduling
*Fun workers
*Opportunity for Career advancements
Economical shortfall in the state for administrative pay
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  1300 Greene St. Columbia SC 29208January 9, 2017
Entering a new phase of my life and am looking forward to challenges and changes. The numbers puzzles are still my favorite, but customer services is always nice to interact with the actual users
I enjoyed working as an assistant to a professor.
Project Assistant: On-TRACK Grant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 31, 2016
The College of Education provides graduate students with an opportunity to assist professors while completing their studies. The hours were flexible and allowed me to focus on my work, as well as provide assistance to a professor.
Very cozy for studying and living
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 30, 2016
Very nature environment and cozy climate. People are very nice but in somewhat conservative. One of my biggest cons is about the bureau's efficiency in which there is a lot of room to improve.
Good Place to Work
Media Services Rep.-Customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 23, 2016
Good Director and the people are fun to be around. You learn alot of good technical terms and its one of the best places to be to learn about cameras and equipment you will need to use in your everyday career.
A great professor, mentor
Assistant Audio Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 22, 2016
A great in environment and great acess to knowledge.i leaned a great amount of information from my professor and he was also my internship supervisor. Taught me a almost everything i know about digital workstations, inner and outer workings of a mixing boards and a great amount of microphone situations and scenrios.
Great people to work with
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 15, 2016
Everyone at the University of South Carolina is engaging, excited about their jobs, and inclusive of new members of the community.
Believes in professional development
First-Year Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29208November 9, 2016
Strives to have great relationships with students, faculty, and staff
Young co-workers
Open-minded staff
Good leadership into the years to come
Good job to learn a lot in college
Resident Mentor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 7, 2016
It is a perfect job for college student to get knowledge of the work environment and learn skills that will make them valid candidates for future jobs.
Good places
Lab Manager/Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 6, 2016
Good places for PhD level scientists to be a professor or researcher. Friendly job culture. Colleagues are usually humble.
Very nice place to work
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 20, 2016
A typical work day consist of providing counseling and housing to individuals who are homeless and the presents a disabling condition.
Pros
Huge caseload, very fulfilling.
Cons
Huge caseload and there's no room for advancement.
Great Experience
Audio/Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 11, 2016
I learned valuable information to be successful as an video coordinator by learning about video and audio equipment for 4 years. My co-workers were my best friends and my boss was my favorite teacher.
Pros
Unlimited access to equipment
Cons
No cons
Great place to work!
Student Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 2, 2016
I enjoyed my time there, and would gladly accept another position within the school. I really loved working with students and parents, meeting new people all the time was awesome. My passion is helping others, and I believe that I more than always did my share of it.
Work environment
Sr. Cognos Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 22, 2016
 Worked with Business Units to define Business strategy and create a centralized reporting capability for users to perform analytical and ad-hoc reporting for business applications and provide accurate information available to Decision Makers.
 Implemented Framework manager security for Data access, Object level access and Package access.
 Created database layer and business layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects in Framework Manager.
The University of South Carolina is a challenging SEC environment
Volunteer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at my alma mater. I learned so much from being involved with an SEC caliber program.) It is my goal to return to this level of Collegiate Athletics and coach the elite athlete to a Championship.)

A program of this caliber has to be dynamically organize. A quality staff is a good indicator of the programs success. The meaning of team extends to the numerous staff off the field.

My favorite part of my job was preparing the athletes for Gameday.

The hardest part of the job was keeping pace, but it was also the exciting part of the job.
Pros
Elite level competition
Cons
none!
utility clerk
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 28, 2016
worked front line, back of the house, prepped and prepared food, unloaded trucks, cooked on the the front line and I also worked in all areas of gamecock park
Pros
lots of work
Cons
n/a
Very good work enviroment
Fiscal Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 15, 2016
Getting my job done to the best of my ability..
Learning everything that possible to make sure job well done
Working in a good environment.. Co-workers were great
Great work relationship with employees of the university
Graduate Assistant, College of Social Work (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 13, 2016
The work culture of the University's social work department was supportive, engaging and always striving to put the needs of the students first. One of the main goals of all staff and faculty in the social work department is to see all the students accomplish their goals and also gain thorough knowledge of their profession to be culturally competent and most importantly, show and give compassion to all of our clients and their families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3