University of South Carolina Employee Reviews in United States

Great college
Student Government (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 18, 2016
Great experience during college which gave me great skills for the workplace. Great atmosphere and culture which is indicative of USC as a whole
Good supervisors
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 28, 2016
I have been working as a teaching assistant in the university of South Carolina. Most supervisors and co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
Most of my career and business successes were acquired while at the University of South Carolina.
director of human resources (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 6, 2015
Although managing the day-to-day operations of the USC School of Medicine's Department of Human Resources was challenging and sometimes stressful, I treasured the job. Being a people person, I felt appreciated and respected by my co-workers (faculty and staff) and employees. The hardest part of the job was guiding a supervisor/manager through the disciplinary process and having to terminate an employee. The best part of the job was finding the perfect job for someone and knowing they were glad to be a USC School of Medicine employee.
Pros
The appreciation and support I received from the Dean and Associate Dean of the Medical School.
Cons
Seeing someone lose their job.
Sc
Research Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 20, 2016
Good working environment and co-workers. A lot of opportunity to learn new skills and techniques. Great weather!!
N/a
Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 5, 2015
University of SC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Where they are dedicated to providing students with a stimulating learning environment and where students are encouraged to work hard to achieve their goals.
Productive work place
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 29, 2016
Great place to work with many opportunities for career building within the company. Also has a consistent high quality expectation on its products and its employees.
It was what it was
Biomedical Engineering Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 24, 2015
research assistant, grad student, engineering. I had a nice office, great professors. I would recommend it to anybody willing to work hard in a good atmosphere.
Data Coordinator, Center for Colon Research (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 29, 2015
Nice place to work just needs to be more organization. Everyone needs to be on accord but the people are very friendly benefits are ok. Students are very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Great Place to work
Productive learning environment
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbia, South CarolinaSeptember 26, 2015
Enjoyed interacting with peers everyday. Was able to complete my homework while working. Manager was very helpful and enjoyable to be around. Learned how to critique resumes and help others seek jobs in the workforce.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short shifts
Good job for a graduate art student
BEGINNING CERAMICS GRADUATE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 25, 2015
This was the position I had for my assistantship in graduate school. The pay wasn't great, but helped with the bills. Balancing this position and my studies was a little difficult, but everyone who was teaching this course shared projects to make the load a little easier.
professional and up-to-date unit to work in with residents, fellows and med students
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC at MUSC;July 14, 2015
The Developmental Peds and Behavioral Department are experts in their field. Wonderful and complete staff; caring for a variety of needy patients and parental teaching. Always up-to-date with newest medications, tests and treatments.
Pros
amazing assortment of loving children
Cons
incredible, lengthy electronic charting
Great Organization
Resident Mentor (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 17, 2015
The work environment is very calm and kind of a do it at your own pace environment. No day was the same, every day involved something different because each day there was a different problem going on. While working here i was able to learn better communication skills, leadership skills, management skills and i was able to enhance my creativity skills. The most enjoyable part of the day was seeing my co-workers. We were like family, we were together on and off the job.
Pros
Learning leadership and communication skills
Cons
Getting a emergency phone call during your study time
good place to be
Information Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 8, 2015
Being around young people who is a bout to start college always made me push myself to learn new things and aspire to be better.
Great University for Research Students
Research Assistant - Forensic Analytical Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 7, 2015
USC is an exceptional place for graduate and undergraduate level research experience! There are many research topic choices and the faculty are open to working with one-another and are willing to give advice whether you are their student or not.
Great place to work for those who have always wanted to work in a University setting
Student Services Program Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 21, 2015
Financial Services is a challenging area to work in. Many times the area has negative feedback due to the nature of the business (dealing with people's money).

The management staff is sharp and supportive. You are expected to do your job effectively and efficiently. However, they make themselves available when additional assistance, clarification or training is needed.
Pros
healthy work environment
Cons
opportunities for advancement within the department
A good place to learn new things and make new friends
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Engineering CollegeAugust 24, 2015
Most professors are very nice to students and working as an teaching assistant here is not a difficult work for most of us.
Pros
balanced work time
Cons
salary is ordinary
Productive, innovation driven work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 4, 2015
Working as part of team of graduate students that innovates in the areas of hydrothermal and flux crystals growth for the synthesis of new oxide and hybrid materials has been very enriching.
Workload was extreme but results rewarding
Admissions Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 27, 2015
We worked nonstop from 8:30 until 5:00. Time was of the essence in our ability to review transcripts, applications and determine if students were eligible for admission. Also had to process readmits, nondegree applicants and transfer students. Had to learn various computer applications specific to admissions. As with all jobs these days the computer applications were replaced with more updated programs requiring us to continuously be educated. Loved being part of a team that worked together to get things done. We took pride in our work. Only downside was compensation. Because it was a state job, compensation was low however benefits were good. Our supervisor was an extremely hard worker. Hardest part of the job, was low pay. Most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team that took pride in consistently exceeding our goals.
Pros
free parking
Cons
low pay
Limited, flexible hours for graduate students.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 1, 2015
For graduate assistantship, 7.5 hours/week. Will have a faculty member to assist. They are usually flexible on when you complete your hours (which day of the week, splitting days). Only con is the lack of communication on when duties end for holidays and end of the school year which can cause confusion about pay.
Productive environment
Facility Service Custodian (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2015
Work was productive daily, friendly staff and the hours were great. I enjoyed working at my steady pace and helping other employees complete tasks if I finished early which was usually on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3