University of South Carolina Employee Reviews

nice people to work with
Building and Grounds Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 26, 2014
start around 8:00 pulling trash out the buliding then clean all the hallways. after that sweep all the steps in the building that should get you to lunch time after lunch mop all the steps then clean bathrooms and laudry room
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
dont pay enough
As a graduate student, I have a lot of freedom
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 30, 2015
It is a typical graduate research assistant job. I a lot of your experience depends on your professor. I got a pretty good one. If you own a grand for your research, you have a lot more freedom from your professor, which would be nice.
Pros
Tuition is paid for
Cons
Professors want a lot from you for a relatively low pay
N/A
Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 5, 2015
University of SC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Where they are dedicated to providing students with a stimulating learning environment and where students are encouraged to work hard to achieve their goals.
Good job for a graduate art student
BEGINNING CERAMICS GRADUATE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 25, 2015
This was the position I had for my assistantship in graduate school. The pay wasn't great, but helped with the bills. Balancing this position and my studies was a little difficult, but everyone who was teaching this course shared projects to make the load a little easier.
Good work environment, self reliant
Teacher lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 1, 2012
a day at work required that you take care of the animals and prep all labs for the professors and help during the time of classes. I learn the responsibilities of being self reliant and working well with lab equipment. I enjoyed working with the professors and helping students with their questions.
Great place to work.
Senior Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJune 20, 2012
Wonderful people to work for and work with. Very understanding. A typical day at work was helping many students with their financial aid to attend college. There really wasn't anything hard about this job and everything was enjoyable.....well, with the exception of filing for 1600 students.
Pros
everything
Great University for Research Students
Research Assistant - Forensic Analytical Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 7, 2015
USC is an exceptional place for graduate and undergraduate level research experience! There are many research topic choices and the faculty are open to working with one-another and are willing to give advice whether you are their student or not.
comfortable working relationship
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 8, 2014
Collecting and organizing data is sometimes boring but really helpful for data analysis which is necessary for professors' research. As a master student majoring in accountancy, this job requires me to process the work with professional due care.
Pros
flexible working time
this was a nice place to work.
Custodial worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 22, 2013
the job wasn't hard at all once u got use to everything in all your buildings. it was like a piece of cake. loved the environment as well, my co-workers were pretty cool people.
Cons
short breaks
Great learning experience.
Supplemental Instruction (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCJanuary 11, 2012
I was able to share my knowledge of business calc with students who were struggling in the class. It provided me a great chance to lead a classroom of students and better understand how each student learns.
Pros
flexible schedule, personally rewarding.
Productive learning environment
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbia, South CarolinaSeptember 26, 2015
Enjoyed interacting with peers everyday. Was able to complete my homework while working. Manager was very helpful and enjoyable to be around. Learned how to critique resumes and help others seek jobs in the workforce.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short shifts
I am involved in very engaging activities at the backstage of the University's Theatre
Backstage Technician (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work will involve me working with my colleagues and director in organizing school programs backstage.I have been able to develop my team working skills in the process.
Lab assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 6, 2015
I worked as a lab assistant in the University of South Carolina's journalism department. It was there that I assisted student with assignments. I also helped keep the printers stocked so students could print their work.
Pros
Assisting students
Cons
Some students had bad attitudes
Assisted Graduate Students with Research Projects
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 15, 2015
Research projects in the civil engineering field were conducted in a laboratory. Experiment in water, soil, and other materials are tested to confirm strength, design safety, or fatigue life.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low Pay
Productive environment
Facility Service Custodian (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2015
Work was productive daily, friendly staff and the hours were great. I enjoyed working at my steady pace and helping other employees complete tasks if I finished early which was usually on a daily basis.
Loved my time at USC
COORDINATOR FOR RESIDENTIAL STUDENT CONDUCT (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 26, 2015
I am extremely grateful for the professional development that I received and the skills that I gained during my time at the University of South Carolina. It was truly a wonderful place to work.
Productive Work place
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 18, 2015
It was a great place to work and the management were very understanding and they taught me a lot of things.

I learned a lot of things that would be very useful for my next job
Pros
Interrative Learning
Advocacy
Enrichment Coordinator/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 8, 2014
I do advocacy work with the greatest staff ever in TRiO. We provide services for first-generation low-income students in high poverty areas. We are a college access program and we love serving the youth.
Small data lab
Geophysical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 22, 2015
Spent a lot of time entering data, or digitizing map and seismic data from the 70's. People were fun to work with and there was always something that needed to be done.
Productive, innovation driven work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 4, 2015
Working as part of team of graduate students that innovates in the areas of hydrothermal and flux crystals growth for the synthesis of new oxide and hybrid materials has been very enriching.

4.3