University of South Carolina Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
Media Services Rep.-Customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 23, 2016
Good Director and the people are fun to be around. You learn alot of good technical terms and its one of the best places to be to learn about cameras and equipment you will need to use in your everyday career.
A great professor, mentor
Assistant Audio Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 22, 2016
A great in environment and great acess to knowledge.i leaned a great amount of information from my professor and he was also my internship supervisor. Taught me a almost everything i know about digital workstations, inner and outer workings of a mixing boards and a great amount of microphone situations and scenrios.
Great people to work with
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 15, 2016
Everyone at the University of South Carolina is engaging, excited about their jobs, and inclusive of new members of the community.
Believes in professional development
First-Year Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29208November 9, 2016
Strives to have great relationships with students, faculty, and staff
Young co-workers
Open-minded staff
Good leadership into the years to come
Good job to learn a lot in college
Resident Mentor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 7, 2016
It is a perfect job for college student to get knowledge of the work environment and learn skills that will make them valid candidates for future jobs.
Good places
Lab Manager/Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 6, 2016
Good places for PhD level scientists to be a professor or researcher. Friendly job culture. Colleagues are usually humble.
Very nice place to work
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 20, 2016
A typical work day consist of providing counseling and housing to individuals who are homeless and the presents a disabling condition.
Pros
Huge caseload, very fulfilling.
Cons
Huge caseload and there's no room for advancement.
Great Experience
Audio/Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 11, 2016
I learned valuable information to be successful as an video coordinator by learning about video and audio equipment for 4 years. My co-workers were my best friends and my boss was my favorite teacher.
Pros
Unlimited access to equipment
Cons
No cons
Great place to work!
Student Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 2, 2016
I enjoyed my time there, and would gladly accept another position within the school. I really loved working with students and parents, meeting new people all the time was awesome. My passion is helping others, and I believe that I more than always did my share of it.
Work environment
Sr. Cognos Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 22, 2016
 Worked with Business Units to define Business strategy and create a centralized reporting capability for users to perform analytical and ad-hoc reporting for business applications and provide accurate information available to Decision Makers.
 Implemented Framework manager security for Data access, Object level access and Package access.
 Created database layer and business layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects in Framework Manager.
The University of South Carolina is a challenging SEC environment
Volunteer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at my alma mater. I learned so much from being involved with an SEC caliber program.) It is my goal to return to this level of Collegiate Athletics and coach the elite athlete to a Championship.)

A program of this caliber has to be dynamically organize. A quality staff is a good indicator of the programs success. The meaning of team extends to the numerous staff off the field.

My favorite part of my job was preparing the athletes for Gameday.

The hardest part of the job was keeping pace, but it was also the exciting part of the job.
Pros
Elite level competition
Cons
none!
utility clerk
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 28, 2016
worked front line, back of the house, prepped and prepared food, unloaded trucks, cooked on the the front line and I also worked in all areas of gamecock park
Pros
lots of work
Cons
n/a
Very good work enviroment
Fiscal Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 15, 2016
Getting my job done to the best of my ability..
Learning everything that possible to make sure job well done
Working in a good environment.. Co-workers were great
Great work relationship with employees of the university
Graduate Assistant, College of Social Work (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 13, 2016
The work culture of the University's social work department was supportive, engaging and always striving to put the needs of the students first. One of the main goals of all staff and faculty in the social work department is to see all the students accomplish their goals and also gain thorough knowledge of their profession to be culturally competent and most importantly, show and give compassion to all of our clients and their families.
Laid back atmosphere with good pay for students
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2016
USC is good about taking care of its students, including good paying on campus jobs. There is a relaxed atmosphere to work in as everyone knows you are a student.
Wonderful school, city, and theater department
Director, Producer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2016
Director, Producer
Produced and directed Same Time Next Year. Managed The Longstreet and The Robby Benson theaters on campus.

Supervised production and support staff including stagecraft crew members.
Scheduled productions maintained the house operations.
Coordinated advertising for university productions.
Related well to creative people in various artistic fields whose collaborative
efforts were essential to the success of the project.
Really good people that are poorly managed.
Functional Lead on implementation of TAM/CG (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2016
Really good people that are poorly managed. Conflict between the business of Education and the Presentation of Education.
My experience at the university was great. College taght me a lot and gave me new morals.
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2016
Being a student athlete at south Carolina was not easy but it was well worth the blood, sweat and tears. From 5 am morning workout to class, then to study hall and meetings and from there we go to practice and finish out the day with study hall, and with study hall ending when ever you got your work done there is no way to tell how long your day is going to last but, I will say college made me mentally strong.
Slow paced work environment, with interesting research surveys.
Survey Researcher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2016
Easy job, you don't have to work more than 12 hours a week and you create your own schedule. Some of the surveys are interesting, others need an obvious overhaul but interviewers have no control over that. Overall it works as a secondary job not primary.
Pros
You can dictate you own schedule.
Cons
The healthcare and it's boring.
Good work experience.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 5, 2016
Excellent University in beautiful location. Columbia, SC is a great place. USC staff very professional. I have nothing else to say.
Pros
Good work location
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3