University of South Carolina Employee Reviews

Fun and Interesting Atmosphere
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 31, 2017
Typical days are slow outside of peak student involvement (beginning of semester/end of the semester). Management is understanding of this and typically not overbearing. It is a great place to work if you value those bursts of energy and downtime to prevent burnout.
Review
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 27, 2017
USC was a great place to work. The staff I worked with was a ton of fun. I looked forward to working everyday. working outside was a lot of fun too.
Stressful work environment but encouraging people
Carolina Caller (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 25, 2017
I loved the fast pace call center environment. It pushed me to work harder to gain benefits and raises. The boss was very critical in pushing us to be the best we could be.
Senior Design project
Drive train Team Member- Baja Team (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 14, 2017
This was my senior design project. Designed and built a vehicle to be competed in the Baja competition in California but due to budget and time requirements was unable to travel for competition.
Difficult Work Environment
Administrative Specialist / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 8, 2017
The Work Environment was very difficult,clicks existed within the office,favoritism was shown to certain employees over other employees.Became a very unpleasant place to work.
Pros
2 Weeks Off At The End Of The Year
Cons
Management, Clicks, Overall Morale
Wonderful place for student emplotment.
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 6, 2017
University of South Carolina was a wonderful experience to work for. A great balance of academic and professional work. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. Pay was great and hours were flexible.
Various administrative opportunities
Budget Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 1, 2017
Various administrative opportunities, but little opportunity for promotion or advancement within the same unit; advancement and promotion usually involves transferring to another unit or department. Great place to work and form professional networks.
Rewarding
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 1, 2017
Good work life balance and rewarding work. Schedules aren't really flexible and compensation isn't always equal to education or experience. Benefits and retirement are good.
Productive and Fun place to work
Capstone Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 29, 2017
Great and awesome place to work. Everyone's needs were well taken care of. There was a lot of people that you worked with that have very different personalities.
Pros
Always taken care of
Cons
very long days
The university and department are good, my supervisor was not
Post-doctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 27, 2017
The chemistry department at The University of South Carolina is generally good. However, there is at least one professor who should be avoided at all costs.
Productive Workplace!
Senior Regional Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 5, 2017
Great Staff! Enjoyed working there. Great people who are super nice and friendly. I loved everything about working there, including the facilities and the campus.
the worst print shop i have ever had to work for
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 31, 2017
The management at the University of South Carolina Printing Department are completely incompetent and are the biggest reason for any problems that arrive in the shop. They inhibit the experienced operator from doing the job they were hired to do by changing policies at a whim, setting unrealistic deadlines, and making demands based on impossible expectations due to the overall ignorance of the printing field.
Pros
Cons
working for the printing department at USC
Was a patrolman for the University
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 26, 2017
Worked a 12 1/2 rotating shift 6:30-7:00. Weekends included. The job was not what you would think a law enforcement job would be. Plenty of times I would write Citations for alcohol or drug violations by a minor and the Director of the police force would down grade the citation for various reasons. Mostly who the parents were.
Pros
Good training
Cons
during footbal season had to work every weekend I was off.
Ta at usc
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 22, 2017
Its is great to work as TA in USC.
We get to meet many students with tons of questions.
Sometimes it also frustrating especially when you had a really busy day and you are tired.
productive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 21, 2017
i did not like working there they cheated me out of my money the mangers were rude but the students are really nice but if you have a atitude problem i should suggest you should not work there
A Fairly Good Department
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 17, 2017
The Engineering department at USC is very well structured. Updates to policies are always easily found and distributed. Work in the research labs is safe and efficient.
fine environment and challenging
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 13, 2017
good place to work, enthusiastic people who always motivates towards their goal. Best working environment which motivates you or energetic you for your work
No problems with the University
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 30, 2017
I had no problem working for the University, However I left there because the salary was somewhat low, and did not always have any pay raises. The job was not hard at all. The workplace was work driven based on student grades and employee payroll which was steady. You knew what needed to be done and had an idea of what you would be doing each day.
Pros
Sometime companies donated free lunch
Cons
Low Pay with little pay raises
Workplace that encouraged learning and improvement on circuit design and construction
Teaching Assistant/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 29, 2017
As a TA and lab assistant a typical work day would involve anything from helping students work on labs that involved circuit design to working on small scale projects for orientation week or EE conventions. Working as a TA came with the responsible of describing circuit design and implementation on a deeper level that the students could understand. This could range from breaking a circuit down to the component level or showing the relationship and understanding from going from a schematic to building a small scale circuit. Working in the labs provided extra time to fully work with various sets of lab equipment including; oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, and digital multi-meters. The most enjoyable part of either job was the close relationship between peers and students, getting the chance to reacquaint myself with previous labs and having the chance to teach upcoming sophomores. The EE department at USC is tight community of engineering students and professors and being a part of overall system at work there truly was something I felt honored to be apart of.
I learned a lot from this Ph.D. program
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 25, 2017
Professors are so nice to help you and give you valuable insights during your research. Meanwhile, I really enjoyed the culture of our department, ENHS family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3