University of South Carolina

University of South Carolina Employer Reviews

Great place
University Instructor (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 22, 2013
I have felt welcome at this university and have had a wonderful experience as a graduate research assistant.
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 13, 2013
USC-Columbia is a great place to work if you want the city life environment, but you don't want to feel overwhelm by it. The administration is okay, it can be very bureaucratic at times. Each department operates within its own culture, which is great. As an employee of the School of Library and Information Science, it is leading the charge in many new – more... initiatives across campus. The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching students to think critically and become life-long learners. – less
University of South Carolina, Athletics Department
Digital & Social Media Intern (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 7, 2013
Pros: being able to see the inside of all the gamecocks stadiums, the press box & watching a game from up there
Cons: not being able to cheer in the press box
I sincerely love my internship work at Carolina. I think one of the reasons I love it is because there is always something new to do. A typical workday always includes monitoring and updating our social media sites i.e. Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, Spurs Up Blog which is always entertaining and informative to see what fans as well – more... as our online sponsors are responding to and what they want to see more of. Then I either have an interview of a player or need to add a new interview to our website or I design new graphics for social media sites or posters for the Gamecocks. On game-day a typical day involves being at the stadium 3 hours before kick-off and setting up in the press box, after I assist with an auctioned tour of Williams Brice Stadium (usually about 20 fans), then I photograph and shoot the "gamecock walk" where our players are greeted by fans as they parade into the stadium. From there I monitor and update Twitter feeds before and throughout the game. Also during the game, I photograph the crowd and fan photos which I later add to our online photo albums. The hardest part of a game-day is running up and down the numerous stairs and being everywhere at once, luckily I utilize a tablet and can do most of my tweeting between taking fan photos. The most enjoyable part of the job is Monday mornings after a gameday weekend or now that is is baseball season the day after a great game, its amazing to see the reactions we get on our social media sites and how much our work as a team increases others experiences at a sporting event. Also, it is pretty exciting to log on to our social media and see someone has used my design for their Facebook Coverphoto or Twitter background. – less
I had a best time and more fun.
Professor Assistant (Former Employee), Aiken, SCFebruary 27, 2013
I worked as a tutor and was a student. I had a good relation ship with others as well as with teachers over all.
Good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 19, 2013
Good facility; convenient place to live; friendly co-workers; great professors.
One of Columbia's largest employers
Floater (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 11, 2013
State high-education organization. Diverse opportunities. Beautiful campus setting.
Good balance place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), ColumbiaFebruary 11, 2013
It's great to be a graduate student here. Most professors are responsible and care about students. Management is efficient.
Teacher's Assistant/Adjunct Professor
Teacher's Assistant/Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 5, 2013
Helped with teaching a Catering Class at USCL. Then followed with teaching Event Planning after graduation.
Nice place to pursue my PhD degree
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: safe
Cons: health insurance
Very advanced and professional labs
Nice working environment
study here, live here
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 29, 2013
Study here. Live here. Good small city.
Learned research skills in USC.
Good football.
Great Atmosphere
Studio Manager and Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 27, 2013
Great job! Laid back and down time to do homework. Help students. I learned to know everything about printmaking because students can ask you the craziest things. Co-workers were nice.
State Government
Fiscal Analyst I/Accountant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: great flexibility
Cons: low pay
I love the flexibility but it is government and the opportunity for advancement is not great unless you totally change jobs. They do not give too many raises either.
It's a fun place to work !
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: it's very comfortable work environments, everyone is friendly.
I come in do my work and leave. I have learned alot of specialized techniques that I can use to find me a career that I will love. My co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of my job is when an experiment that I put so much time and effort in doesn't work. The most enjoyable part about my job is when an experiment that I put so much time and – more... effort in does work ! – less
A day in a Residence hall at USC
Desk Assistant for the Housing Department of USC (Current Employee), East Quad Residence HallDecember 26, 2012
Pros: you are allowed to bring your computer and cell phone to work
Cons: very hard to get hours. at the most i get 8 hours on one paycheck
I typically work anywhere from 2-6 hours on a shift. I go in, sign my time sheet and sit at the desk and basically answer any questions my residents might have. My boss is the Resident Life Coordinator and has an office right next to mine. Any questions I cannot answer will be referred to him. My co-workers are other desk assistants as well as Resident – more... Mentors who live in the Residence Halls with the students. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly visitors who don't want to abide by building rules. The most enjoyable part is knowing that my residents value me as an employee and have no problem approaching me with any questions or concerns – less
Chemical engineering is good
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2012
I worked as a research associate in the department of chemical engineering.My experience there was invaluable as I was able to work with some of the most renown people in the industry.
decent job during college if you have the time.
Resident Mentor (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: half off housing, quarter off meal plan
Cons: instability, working with a high number of freshmen.
Working for University Housing has been a different experience every day. Personally, I like stability, so it was not for me, but there is much to learn and experience as a Resident Mentor for the university.
Excellent Unviersity
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 4, 2012
A dynamic and fun place to learn and work. The University is situated in downtown Columbia so there is a lot to do in the area.
Good work environment, self reliant
Teacher lab assistant (Former Employee), Aiken, SCNovember 1, 2012
a day at work required that you take care of the animals and prep all labs for the professors and help during the time of classes. I learn the responsibilities of being self reliant and working well with lab equipment. I enjoyed working with the professors and helping students with their questions.
Great University!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 12, 2012
Worked in a lab. I learned lab techniques and organization. Management was instrumental in my career development. Co-workers were nice. The hardest part was finding time to study. The most enjoyable part was sampling.
Opportuntites
Career Peer Educator (Current Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 11, 2012
The opportunites presented to me through the University have been substantial. I am able to hear about plenty of job opportunties and go forth to achieve them.