University of South Carolina Employee Reviews

Great Coworkers, Great Atmosphere
Building Manager/Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 14, 2014
Russell House is dependent on the work of the everyday workers. It is a great place to be and has been a pleasurable experience working here. A typical day of working consists of managing events and ensuring that each event is set-up to the client's needs. We ensure that each client is given the requested materials and excellent service to allow for an easy-going event. Life is stressful enough when planning for these events and we are here to alleviate that stress when it comes to the event set-up.
Calm enviroment with friendly staff who understand your problems
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 9, 2014
Helping multiple students with computer related issues and kept systems running at optimal efficiency.
Great for student
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 16, 2014
Easy going job with few hours. Great with balancing with school work.
Pros
few hours
It is interesting interacting with different people.
Library Technical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 11, 2014
A typical day I help out at the circulation desk. I answer the phones and do various circulation duties.
Pros
helping people
Cons
slow times
Exciting and professional place to work in an academic environment
Assistant Director/Studio Classroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29208June 3, 2014
University is an enjoyable place to work.

I have learned the principles and skill sets of becoming an more affluent manager.

Management here is encouraging and supportive of development.

My coworkers are/were simply awesome to work with...we all felt like a extended family.
Great school and excellent professors
Teacher Student Assistant/Research at SRS (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 21, 2014
At USCA, I was required to maintain the animal lab, greenhouse, and be a teacher student assistant. I had learn a great deal with lab equipment and and and the proper techniques, also I learned how to be independent on task and make sure everything was going accordingly. The job was enjoyable and i have no complaints, I enjoyed working with the animal, plants, and students.
Fun!
Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 17, 2014
So much fun.
Friendly staff.
I enjoyed coordinating events.
Research.
Design.
Good Infrastructure and mentorship
Graduate Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 10, 2014
Serving as the Graduate Instructional Assistant was an enriching experience for me. I learned a lot about teaching, lab management, curriculum design, exam conduct and student management. I was under a very capable management and mentorship. The working hours were manageable. My co-workers were very helpful and I enjoyed a friendly environment. The hardest part of the job was preparation of the lab classes. I really enjoyed teaching the students and helping them with their studies.
Good job for new college students
Student Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 27, 2014
Loved the atmosphere, basic admin duties. Management was professional and courteous.
Pros
work at school
Cons
low wages
approve credit sales
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 25, 2014
Approved sales for credit purchases when the customer was over their limit, or close to their limit.
Good experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 25, 2014
Every week I give lectures to students, answer their questions after class, reply emails from students regarding different situations and questions, set up dropbox for them to submit assignments, and grade part of the exams.

I keep trying to improve my teaching and making the tough concepts easier for the students to understand, by giving examples, draw pictures and so on. I have 3 or 4 Ph.D. students help me with grading and answering questions from the students in the lab. I communicate with them time to time to understand what parts are difficult for the students to understand. The hardest part is to get all this working smoothly and ensure the students understand what's taught in the class.
cozy work environment like a family
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  columbia,scMarch 18, 2014
good place to work, respect to the family first. The professors are nice and willing to help
Pros
good work environment, nice professors
Cons
no cons
good work environment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  columbia,scMarch 12, 2014
good place to work. the working pace is slow compare to other university but full of love
Self-enforced job, own room, own desk and computer.
Writing Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union, SCMarch 5, 2014
Very easy job, just handled essays from other students, largely left alone; allowed to make own hours/schedule and handle lock up and reporting by myself.
Pros
managed self and time, easy job, set own hours.
Cons
had a max hour cap, sometimes had problems getting hours approved before pay.
active and productive in cutting-edge research areas
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 3, 2014
Very compact day work and productive atmosphere. You will learn how to analyze problem and solve them quickly. Team workers are very cooperative and helpful. Brainstorming is quite often and communication plays an very important role in our daily life. Sometimes, you will feel like time is not enough.
nice people to work with
Building and Grounds Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 26, 2014
start around 8:00 pulling trash out the buliding then clean all the hallways. after that sweep all the steps in the building that should get you to lunch time after lunch mop all the steps then clean bathrooms and laudry room
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
dont pay enough
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 20, 2014
I learned valuable life lessons here like time management and how to get along with co-workers.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
n/a
Arden B
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 20, 2014
Good retail job but because prices are so high, business was very slow at times.
Good Experinece
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 18, 2014
I had a chance to work with friendly co-workers and great professors with great opportunities to work as an independent researcher.
Fun workplace
BOOKSTORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Salkehatchie, SCFebruary 10, 2014
In the mornings I would fix the coffee, then stock the drinks. I would answer questions about books and some classes. I would talk to the customers about their day, or what they needed to do to register for classes. My co-workers were awesome. We would rotate who would have to get the books at the beginning of the semester.

4.3