University of South Dakota Employee Reviews

Ok
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDJune 27, 2017
If you love South Dakota this would be an ok place to work. The benefits are awful unless you plan on retiring there. Wanted a town with more to offer. The higher level management is awful. My direct boss was great. Petty office drama as well. The town is full of people that have never left so it is hard to get involved in the town. Everyone already has their set groups and they don't welcome new comers well.
Great Staff
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SDJune 4, 2017
The visual arts staff is fantastic. I learned how to develop my own course and the professors were always on hand to help me problem solve. There is access to a wealth of equipment to use in the printmaking area.
workplace culture
Learning and Multi-Media Designer (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SDMay 13, 2017
The workplace culture is business like, professional, yet warm and friendly. Benefits are fair and their retirement system is wonderful. Pay is equitable.
Easy going, laid-back environment
Student Health Advisory Board (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDMay 3, 2017
Would definitely recommend working for USD. Made it easy to pick hours that worked with my class schedule and got to interact with fellow student as well as community members.
great place to work for
Graduate Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SDApril 6, 2017
I really love my job at USD.Its a great place to work for.

Really awesome people .I am working as a research assistant in MBA department.

Regards
vinod
Supportive work environment, good balance of teaching and research
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SDDecember 29, 2016
The university faces many of the same challenges facing higher education in general. Still, it provides a supportive environment for faculty. The balance between teaching and research is good.
Good On Campus Work Opportunity
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDJune 22, 2016
Exactly that, good on campus work opportunity for students attending the university to gain experience and make some money for the upcoming semester.
great atmosphere for a sports lover
Gameday support Staff (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDJune 11, 2016
usually sell tickets hours before game time and them go to assist the ushers at the gates. Everyone in the dpepartment are very enthusiatic about the home home team and sometimes get a workout when going from door to door and helping out.
short time
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SDMarch 4, 2016
IT was a very short time period but come to learn about sorting the bone marrow sample swab and testing the quality of the kits.
nice place to work and fun
Graduate research assistant (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SDJanuary 4, 2016
I like this place vey much, our instructors are very nice and are really instruct students to seek knowledge in all fields of chemistry. My co-workers are very sportive and share ideas in the meetings, the hardest part of job is to identification of drawbacks in the projects and understanding the fundamental principles of proposed mechanisms.
Pros
small town
Good all around
desk worker (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDDecember 23, 2015
A nice experience to have on a campus while taking classes. The staff was very friendly and nice to get to know. Also made for a good study time.
Pros
Quiet and studious
Teacher experience
Academic Mentor (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDDecember 6, 2015
I loved my students. This was my first time working in a dorm setting. I enjoyed the experience. Very nice library on campus.
Java Programer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  vermillion, SDOctober 15, 2015
Main member of the Integrating the BioExtract Server with the iPlant Collaborative project group, which is sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
Participated in API design of the project.
Data mining and conversion from other websites’ API by using Java, Sparql, RDF.
Bioinformatics
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDAugust 15, 2015
This is the very good place to work with lovely people at the employee friendly environment. There is an excellent research team involving research in bioinformatics eagerly.
very good environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  vermillionMay 21, 2015
the work environment is good and protective . the facilities are available such as HPLC, NMR, and Mass spectrum. the benefits are helpful because the life expenses are cheap.
Exceeded My Expectations of Graduate Schools
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SDMarch 11, 2015
I could not be happier with my experience at the University of South Dakota. I immediately fell in love with the town of Vermillion and the laid-back feel of the campus. The class sizes are small, even the lecture classes, and the professors are top-notch. I cannot even begin to explain how grateful I am to this institution.
Bad
Defensive Line Coach (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDNovember 5, 2014
Bad working environment. Stagnate work place. Very high hours for virtually no pay. Not truthful about advancement opportunities.
Wonderful job with great people to work with
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDMarch 8, 2014
My graduate assistantship was a simple job with many tasks to be filled. My hours were as I created them but could not exceed 40. I was asked to help with projects to benefit the school in their expansion in going to division 1. I filed paperwork and files away on a daily basis to keep the office organized. The university is striving to be a green campus, which involves the offices to be electronic. In helping the campus become electronic, I took part in scanning multiple files into the system. I had to learn how to use datatel, which is the campus' way of tracking all the students they've had. I enjoyed working with the people in the office, all are very friendly and willing to help when help is needed. The best part of the job was being able to be goofy with my co-workers but still remained productive.
Pros
Simple job
Cons
Tedious work
Fantastic Research Focus
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 18, 2014
The GEAR Center with USD is where research happens. The environment allows students to flourish in their research.
Very fun work environment, but can be a lot of work
Community Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDJanuary 8, 2014
This is a great job for developing a lot of skills, especially social.

A CA is in charge of an entire floor of residence hall students with a co-CA.

This job usually involves getting students involved in their campus and helping them form relationships with other students. The job also includes things like enforcing discipline with the no drinking policy and helping prevent suicide and overdoses.

This job can teach someone a lot. This is a great work experience, but can be very taxing over time.
Pros
Learn and experience a lot, meal and housing plan
Cons
Exhausting, low pay