University of South Florida Employee Reviews

Closely-knit Athletic Department
Assistant Sports Information Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2017
USF athletics was a joy to work at. There culture there was a closely-knit family. The department continued to grow and its employees benefited from it
Best Job I've ever had!
Transition Mentor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2017
This job doesn't pay a lot but you take this job for the experience. This position me so much about leadership and I continue to use those teachings and skills to this day
Fun Place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2017
It is a fun place to work as an intern. It gives great learning opportunity. Workplace culture is most exciting. Colleagues are very friendly. Thank you.
Case Management Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2017
It was a good place to work and provided tuition reimbursement. Management was supportive and helpful when needed. Raises were not often regardless of performance reviews.
A good place to work
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2017
Teaching load are not heavy. Advisers are kind and every thing is well organized. As a graduate student, I also have medical insurance and tuition waiver.
Great Education Institution
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2017
The University of South Florida (USF) provides educational services not just for central Florida, but globally. USF provides a wealth of opportunities for its students to achieve.
Great if you are working for a good professor
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2017
Depending on who your advisor is (and therefore who your boss is) experiences differ greatly. My experience was fantastic. The professor I worked for was all about the students and making sure you learn a lot but also contribute.
great mission
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 3, 2017
USF Lakeland had a great culture and helped many change careers. Over the years, however, it changed from a primarily teaching institution to a research institution, due to pressure from USF Tampa. That changed the culture to the worse.
Top Tier University
Graduate Assistant / Lecturer / Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2017
The University of South Florida is a top-tier research university that offers degrees in a wide-variety of disciplines. My experience while at USF was very positive and stimulating.
If you find a great department you'll love it
Program Planner Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2017
Find a great department with a grant/program that is willing to pay well and things will be great. Work in public health and you will be micromanaged and overworked. The benefits of 6 free credit hours per semester are a plus but in my specific dept even that is going away. If the program you are with has a stable budget you should have no issues.
Pros
University perks
Cons
Micromanagement
Great learning experience
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2017
As a student, I was fortunate to have been under the instruction of Carolyn Ellis and Art Bochner before the focus of the Communication department changed. As a visiting professor, I was not treated like a colleague. I was treated like a student and received looks like a did not belong.
Pros
It helped give me time to find a position since I graduated mid-year.
Cons
No future opportunity.
Sr. Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working at USF. the job environment is so friendly and multi cultural. Co-workers are so friendly and cooperative. Benefits are so awesome specially PTO.
Decent place to work if you can afford the salary cut compared to private.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  HousingJuly 17, 2017
Management is pretty good, and the university is a dynamic place to work. Gaining responsibility and experience is relatively easy, as is moving up the ladder. However there is a deep culture of place-holding in the bottom rungs: people who simply want to do the least possible. And unfortunately these are the majority of customer facing positions. So there's a great deal of red-tape, inertia, and blame shifting until you reach Director level positions.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, campus environment, education mission
Cons
workplace culture, archaic HR, public university's reliance on state legislature
Very friendly professors and varied diverse on knowledge sharing
Engineering Management Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet students of different divisions, we share knowledge. I mainly used to focus on the fundamentals of maths and physics and have made a progress in their grades. overall experience was very much satisfying.
Pros
friendly, high work ethics etc
Cons
limited to fundamentals in basic maths and science
balanced life between school and work
Bull Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2017
Could do homework or other leisure activities in the break room during down time. Sometimes free food. Great Graduate Assistants as managers. Low hours around 20 per week.
Pros
Management, student involvment
Cons
Low pay, low hours
Fun environment where students are given the opportunity to succeed.
FLORIDA FOCUS REPORTER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2017
USF was a great school to learn about how to be a successful news reporter. I was given the opportunity to write, shoot and edit my own news stories and to have those stories broadcasted to Florida Focus. Florida Focus is a class that students work together to put on a two minute news show. With their partnership with WUSF, the segments would air on tv and online where our work would be shown to viewers around the area.
Part time Jobs
Starbucks Barista - USF Library (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2017
The basic part time jobs that are offered to college students. compensation did not equal how much I was being compensated most of the time. Very stressful environment.
Awesome!
Mass Communications Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2017
Amazing team and group of individuals!.
The staff is truly and tight-knit team collaborating towards achieving a unified goal!

By far one of my favorite work experiences to date!
friendly
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2017
Everyone treats everyone like family. Very friendly. People from all different kinds of race an ethics. Gatherings for the holidays with food that includes everyone.
wonderful academic work environment
Family ARNP (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2017
USF is dedicated in providing evidence based care, dedicated to their patients, and promote a learning academic environment for health care students. You closely work with physicians and advance practice providers to promote health.
Pros
Academia