University of South Florida

University of South Florida Employer Reviews

securitywork like helping people
Security Officer (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLSeptember 8, 2014
no thanks, do not like to give review of company I work, met good people
Great pelaring experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), tampa FLSeptember 7, 2014
Great learing experience, Great team to work with. Flexibel schedule
EH&S Assistant Director (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2014
Good place to work. Great opportunities. Not much to complain about.
A place to be an easy teacher.
English for Academic Purposes Senior Instructor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2014
Pros: nice technology, some interesting people, many cultures
Cons: lack of profesionalism, particularly in the administration, the director is a person with a doctorate in agriculture.
I worked at INTO USF and it is language institute where pulling strings is the best way to get somewhere. Being a good teacher and asking students to do their work is the way to get in trouble. You have to please students since they are the ones who run the place. There are many students from Arab countries and they are not interested in learning but – more... rather having some time away from their countries. Students in the undergraduate programs are the worst.
The institute is ALWAYS changing and it is hard to work under so many things happening at the same time. – less
good part-time job experience
Finance Tutor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2014
Good part-time job experience. Also got a chance to enhance my own financial and accounting knowledge as well as advanced Excel skills.
Great place to work with great people.
Laboratory Supervisor/ Senior Biological Scientist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: working from grants is getting much harder.
The research world is getting very tough with the lack of Federal funding. For this reason coupled with our last PI leaving for Duke. I am left in a lurch, but USF has been trying to keep good research people around.
Good place to work.
Athletic Attendance Assistance (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
I only worked there for 3 months with a program that was temporary. I didnt get the chance to experience college employment to the fullest.
good place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
Good place to work at. Good work/life balance. Good research capabilities.
Great opportunity, productive
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2014
I am a BULL for life! Working at USF is like working in any athletic department. Your have to come in each day wanting to give 110%. The smiles on the fans faces, the excitement you see in the student athletes when they graduate...its makes it all worth it. It is like one big family.
Productive work place for career growth
Web Developer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2014
When we moved the new code production server, it was smooth and didn't face any difficulty. Overall it is nice working in a friendly nvironment.
Efficient and Diverse
DIVISION I STUDENT-ATHLETE (Current Employee), Tampa, FL.June 25, 2014
The University is a great university in which if you embrace diversity, you will find yourself learning new things everyday.
Graduate Teaching Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 22, 2014
Graduate Student, gained very good experience teaching. Management is like any other company with pros and cons. Co-workers very friendly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with problematic students.
productive and fun
MLT (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: close to my home, went home for lunch
Cons: had one hour lunch break, it was so nice
I really enjoyed my job at the university of south florida during my 10 years service there wih the wonderful coworkers.
A Research-based University
TA for Microbiology/Genetics, Microbiologist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 8, 2014
Pros: good facility, genome/transcriptome sequencer, real-time pcr, academic environment
Cons: the drive for data sometimes outweighed the care for employees.
A typical day was researching for the lab I was working in, and on particular days, preparing to teach the labs I taught, and then teaching and cleaning up for later labs. I learned many lab skills, and learned how to better teach and instruct a lab. The management was good, and help, preparing things for me when I request assistance with something. – more... Coworkers are like anywhere else. You have great people you enjoy working with, and people you don't care to much to interact with. The hardest part was particular experiments I had to run which required me to be at the lab nearly 24 hours to complete from start to finish. The most enjoyable part was when I would see results, and produce data which gave me a lot of information to analyze. – less
Nice place to work
Visiting Professor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 1, 2014
Pros: enthusiastic about teaching co-workers
Cons: broom closet office
Nice place to work.

I learned how to handle a lecture class with over 250 students.

The university budget could use some serious help, which contributed to the diminished way labs were taught.

My co-workers had a broad range of work ethics and enthusiasm for their employment.

The hardest part of the job was the last minute contract approvals, and – more... the change in laboratory experience for the students.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a student learn and understand something they initially thought was too difficult. – less
N/A
Student (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 29, 2014
EXPERIENCE:
Written and Verbal Skills:
• Developed a well versed vocabulary and creative outlook throughout completed course work.
• Very articulate with the ability to present products and other resources in a friendly and demonstrative way.
Project Management Skills:
• Managed detailed project plans to coordinate activities and achieve deadlines.
 – more... Coordinated and lead projects and presentations among individuals within a group setting. – less
good
Bull Runner Transit ◆ Transit Bus Driver (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaMay 25, 2014
It's a lot of work but it's worth it. I drive buses, Work Dispatch, train new employees and I am shift lead on the weekends
Productive environment with room for growth
Academic Program Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 21, 2014
Advising students, assisting office manager and Department Chair with new hires.
Great academic and multicultural atmosphere
Academic Services Administrator (Current Employee), TampaMay 21, 2014
Pros: benefits - sick leave and annual leave, retirement, and healthcare
Cons: compartmentalized with few advancement opportunities outside of a transfer
Always a dynamic atmosphere, the University of South Florida is a globally engaged public research university. Divided into branching levels of reporting and responsibility, communication between units can be slow, with multiple people doing the same work, but student success remains the number one focus. My position is responsible for data collection, – more... entry, and management, requiring a prolonged attention to detail, a keen ability to focus, a broad knowledge of research skills/application, and reporting skills. Work must be self-directed and the ability to work and track multiple projects simultaneously is key. – less
USF is going places, but not there yet.
Instructor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 19, 2014
USF is a growing school still going through its growing pains.

1 2 3 4 5