University of South Florida Employee Reviews

Great facilities and great group of kids to work with
Assistant Coach (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2016
As a volunteer I was just trying to help out as much as I could. But I realized it was more than I originally expected. But no complaints. Still was a great experience. The staff coach and I were in charge of 15 athletes and that group scored the most points out of any event on the team at the conference championship. We were all happy with how the year went. Unfortunately, there's not enough room in the budget to add another person on staff so if I will be a volunteer if I decide to help again next year.
Pros
Free equipment, nike shoes and team apparel, free access to the weight room and training facilities, free travel to meets, meal money while traveling, resume builder
Cons
No compensation for coaching
Overall a ok place to study. A great place to live.
Research Assistant in Medical Sciences (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2016
Low living expenses is a huge gain in working and studying in USF. The living condition is very nice with little monthly rate compare to other big cities while Tampa has all the other middle-sized city to offer. Great beach and little traffic. A very nice place to live.

The school wasn't too tough and a lot of people wok in their job here for more than 5 years.

Colleagues are generally nice and conscientious.

I would recommend this place.
Pros
Low living expenses. Good living condition. A generally good place to work
Cons
Low educational quality. You won't be able to learn a lot.
Enabling Experiences at USF
Graduate Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2016
The University of South Florida gives ample opportunity to work on worthwhile projects, as well as learn and experience industry standard software and equipment.
Good
New Student Connections CampU Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2016
Great to interact with students and put smiles on faces. The familyof workers in different departments are great. The school does what it can wih resources and how they are spread out in the school.
Helping coach kids soccer skills and helping to direct their daily tasks
Youth Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2016
This involved waking up at around 6:30 or 7 am to help set up activities for the kids throughout the day. Later in the morning, I would coach my group of kids and around noon escort them to the campus cafeteria. After lunch, they would be escorted to their rooms for a break or nap and then escorting them back to the soccer fields to start another practice session in the day. Later in the evening, the practice session would end and the kids were escorted back to their rooms were pizza was distributed and candy and drinks were sold at a concession. At this point around 11 pm, all the kids were in their room and we would have the same schedule again for the next day.

These camps were held in the summer at the University of South Florida.
Good University in Florida
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2016
Grant job so there are a lot of different requirements. Co-workers were good people. I learned some state programs and how they worked.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Grant Job- have to renew every 3 years
Bull Runner at USF is ok
Student Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2016
They were very good about working with your schedule until a lot of student drivers quit. They were very short staffed. Co-workers were nice, and most of the supervisors were nice. It was a laid back job but there wasn't an opportunity to grow. There were no benefits being a student driver and your pay maxed out at 9.50 after a year, which is significantly less for CDL drivers in other areas.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Pay, Little to no room for advancement
Great place to work & develop your career
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2016
Learned a great deal, staff & management very supportive.
Appreciate how fast they are growing.

Made a lot of great friends and mentors along the way.
Pros
advanement
Nice environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2016
Good opportunity to work on several projects with the guideline of professor. IMSE department is great. Get professional training.
It pays the bills
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2016
The bureaucracy of this university is greater than others and leading edge thoughts and practices are implemented at a slow pace.
Pay rates are lower than all other universities in FL and salaries compared to national rates are one level below position.

Want to know more about University of South Florida?

Ask a question
Excellent benefits, no room for advancement
Program Planner Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2016
Excellent benefits, but very little room for advancement. Nice having days off around the holidays.

That's all i have to say
Financial Aid
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2016
There seems to be a glass ceiling, but they internally promote and offer opportunities to current employees.
Disconnected Administration
Academic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 1, 2016
Awful. Revolving door of administrators. No one knows or cares what anyone else does. Lots of personality cults. No administrative accountability. Employees are afraid to go to HR. No oportunities for career growth or advancement. No raises.
Morale is horrible.
Great benefits but lousy pay. Not worth it.
Benefits
Cons
low pay, no advancement, adminstrators completely self involved
Productive and fun workplace.
Academic Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 31, 2016
I learned how to:

• Break down complex subjects into easy to understand terms
• Tutor in a way that teaches methods for future self-reliance, rather than just giving the answer
• Work effectively with students with diverse learning needs, ages, and cultural backgrounds
Pros
Work experience that uses my degree.
Cons
Does not offer enough hours.
Great Opportunity with Great People
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2016
I loved working closely with other graduate teaching assistants but also enjoyed the opportunity to complete tasks specific to my own classes. Lesson planning, conveying material, and grading offered a fun and exciting challenge for me.
very nice work place
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2016
nice work place but difficult to get any promotions, nice staff and wonderful co-workers but you don't really feel appreciated by the direction
Learning environment for undergrad/post-grad volunteers to gain much needed research experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2016
The undergraduate research position was one that could be pursued for credit or as a volunteer. You were allowed to express interest in the work you wanted to focus on, within the research field of the lab you worked in. I chose to work with allometry and general up-keep of the organisms needed for main experiments.
Amazing!
Setup Crew (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2016
I've worked here for 10 months so far, and I truly appreciate all the ups and downs that come with it. A job that really helps students prepare for the real world.
Beneficial to diversify portifilio
Student organization (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2016
As this was a volunteer leadership position, it was very good to get some experience outside of my customer service line. The university could have been more help in getting my student org to grow, but this is to be expected.
alot of changes
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2016
not sufficient training for the changes that are being made. It is creating chaos and stress. It is frustrating and key people are leaving or looking elsewhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2