University of South Florida Employee Reviews

Video Coordinator
Video Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2017
Video Coordinating at the college level required contact with member institutions to organize film exchange. Responsibilities included management of my staff, training and providing professional development for staff. acquiring updated systems and creating a database for captured film.
Pros
travelling
Cons
Poor job to life balance
Government/State job
Grant Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2017
I heard many comments regarding working with USF. I want to make my own decision.

When I came to work in there, the first few months, employees were gentle and friendly. After the few months, you start seeing the environment is of producing a poor quality job and slacking system.

Is sad to see that an academic institution does not take serious employees with education. They assign employees on political and friendly bases.
Pros
Cons
slacking and poor quality job
I love teaching at USF
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
I really enjoy teaching at USF. My typical day at work involves teaching three classes. The basic composition classes are highly structured with a common curriculum, but for my introduction to literature and poetry classes, I had a great deal of creative freedom in designing the course. The English Department is extremely welcoming and willing to work with new instructors. The best part of the job is designing a new course; it is hard, but very rewarding. I learned how to do it well.
good job
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2017
Good Job, Was able to choose my hours but I did FWS so it is a little different. Easy going people and very helpful. Would continue to work here for the next year till graduation.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2017
It was a good place to work. The health benefits were good and the retirement options were good as well. I got along with most of the people I worked with.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Graduate Student Life
Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 14, 2017
The work atmosphere is great, however the pay is not sustainable. As a graduate student I am expected to work for the University teaching, as well as making progress in my own research.
Excellent Place to Work
Program Director, USF Research and Innovation (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2017
Highly recommend USF Research, Innovation and Economic Development as they are a talented group of individuals who are well managed and show significant leadership among their communities.
Pros
Healthcare
Excellence in education and faculty interaction
Adjunct Part-Time Faculty Assignment (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2017
I enjoy interaction and creation of solutions with students each and every semester. Over the course of six years, the ability to create new and innovative healthcare solution models was of value to each of the stakeholder groups in the Honors College.
Good adjunct professorial environment, but...
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2017
...you will need to fashion your own support, to a major degree. Keep an eye out for full-time positions!

Having worked there for twelve years, there is consistent uncertainty about the number of courses you will have in the following semester. There are no external meetings or feedback regarding student assessments or other measures of teaching ability.

That said, the campus is easy to navigate, the texts and other resources you need are readily and easily available, and the caliber of the math faculty is very high. In addition, students are generally eager to learn.
Excellent
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2017
It has been excellent working as a teaching assistant for University of South Florida. The hours are flexible, and the work has been rewarding. I am planning to be a TA for the remainder of my time as a graduate student.
Fun environment to work in
Student Assistant/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I had the opportunity to learn so many things from the managers and co-workers. First started working as a programmer and was exposed to many different things in the IT department.
Great environment
Adjunct Instructor/ Practicum Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Wonderful, professional work environment. Advancement based on qualifications. Flexible work opportunities for working mothers.
Interactive and engaging online teaching
Spanish Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2017
I have been very blessed to be an Online Spanish 1 TA. USF really looks out for their graduate students and provides many employment opportunities. Spanish online allows us to learn about new materials, engage with students through CANVAS and learn about programs like VHL and WILEY.
The professors are caring and truly extend themselves to ensure the students are taken care of. Teaching online has given me the opportunity to apply the skills I have in teaching as well as Spanish language.
Pros
paid tuition waiver, flexible hours for online teaching, stipend, caring staff, apply what I learn in class to teaching
Productive and Fun place to work, surrounded by the most brilliant minds @ University of South Florida
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2017
As a graduate assistant, much of the work is done online. Schedule 6 - 8 hours week for office time and the remaining can be spent in the comfort of your home.

A lot of grading work and problem-solving tasks.
Students can sometimes bring forth strangest of doubts and might need more than a simple logical answer for convincing.
Pros
Tuition Waiver, Free access to abundance of knowledge and resources, World Class recreation
Cons
Time management skills are tested time and again
Great place to work for flexibility
Parking Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Working in Parking Services was a great experience. At times, you would get tired of being outdoors due to the weather but besides that, a very enjoyable experience.
Pros
Free concerts, basketball games
Cons
Working in the rain
Great Institution...
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2017
The management is friendly and cooperative. I'm empowered as an employee and have flexible hours. I have learned a lot from trial and error scenarios
NTMS Student
Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Had to teach online courses and lab courses while completing school work. Also needed another job to make ends meet. Good deal for going to school and getting insurance at the same time
Pros
Cheap schooling, paycheck
Cons
Students
Learning daily
Gross Anatomy Lab Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work varies from teaching gross anatomy to students to helping students with dissection to performing dissections to cleaning the lab. Workplace culture is laid back yet appropriate and respectable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to learn daily.
Meaningful work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 27, 2017
It was incredibly rewarding to be able to help students that came in seeking to improve their overall writing abilities. It was an extremely encouraging environment.
A good learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2017
I learnt a lot while working here. Since I moved from India, I didn't have the work culture exposure of the States. Found out to be pretty chilled. Co-workers were helpful in all aspects. A very smart and fun manager. Hardest part of the job was to learn the hand on experience of micro controllers and power supply board. But as time passed I excelled in those devices.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
health care, parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3