University of South Florida

University of South Florida Employer Reviews

good
Bull Runner Transit ◆ Transit Bus Driver (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaMay 25, 2014
It's a lot of work but it's worth it. I drive buses, Work Dispatch, train new employees and I am shift lead on the weekends
Productive environment with room for growth
Academic Program Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 21, 2014
Advising students, assisting office manager and Department Chair with new hires.
Great academic and multicultural atmosphere
Academic Services Administrator (Current Employee), TampaMay 21, 2014
Pros: benefits - sick leave and annual leave, retirement, and healthcare
Cons: compartmentalized with few advancement opportunities outside of a transfer
Always a dynamic atmosphere, the University of South Florida is a globally engaged public research university. Divided into branching levels of reporting and responsibility, communication between units can be slow, with multiple people doing the same work, but student success remains the number one focus. My position is responsible for data collection, – more... entry, and management, requiring a prolonged attention to detail, a keen ability to focus, a broad knowledge of research skills/application, and reporting skills. Work must be self-directed and the ability to work and track multiple projects simultaneously is key. – less
USF is going places, but not there yet.
Instructor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 19, 2014
USF is a growing school still going through its growing pains.
Work place view
Barista (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 10, 2014
A typical day at work is very fast paced. As, a Barista you have to be welcoming to the customers and be able to keep up. I have learning that it is not the most organized system, as in scheduling their Barista. I'm use to a week in advance scheduling and the management sometime lack customer service. In any environment they are co-workers who are not – more... pulling their weight and this is no exception. The hardest part of the job is that you have to seperate your school work from your job. The customers make my job enjoyable at the end of the day. – less
Engaging and character building
Instructor of Record- Digital Photography (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 7, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: pay
Engaging and fun work environment. Low pay, cheap health insurance.
Poor leadership, overwork adjuncts
Graduate teaching instructor of Composition I&II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 7, 2014
The program was poorly created and executed. Students did not like the curriculum, adjuncts and TAs complained about the relevance of the material (and amount).
Custodian (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 4, 2014
Pros: hour lunch breaks, fairly easy
Cons: no benefits, no flexibility for temps
As a temporary employee, there are not many benefits. However, I have learned much about customer service and the affect of employees who work diligently.
Management is firm. Work schedule is not very flexible and makes it difficult to balance life (such as school, health, etc.).
There is entirely too much gossip and drama among coworkers which adds – more... to the stress of the job.
The job is fairly easy. – less
USF is one big family
Treasurer (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 8, 2014
Pros: better pay than most places
Cons: chain of command
USF is a big family but they are sure to remind you who is the head and where you stand with them, none the less its a very relaxing and comfortable place to work in and attend school i loved attending USF.
Relaxed and inviting environment where good work is rewarded
Mail Desk Worker (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 8, 2014
The job included sorting mail and placing it into the correct locations for the recipients. Also sorting, logging and labeling packages to facilitate their pick up. The mail rooms are split up around the campus so normally I would only work with a partner. This was a good experience because it would allow me to work on my partnership skills. My supervisors – more... were always very helpful and informative and were prompt to answer any questions or help me with any issues that would arise. Overall the job was relaxing and enjoyable. If the work was completed early, there was time to relax and slow the pace down. – less
Good facilities for both education and recreation.
Student (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 7, 2014
I am a student and did not get a chance to work at the campus yet.
great place to work
Intramural Sports Supervisor (Former Employee), tampa, flMarch 26, 2014
• Responsible for knowing, interpreting, and applying the program policies and procedures
• Report and document daily intramural sports information to the professional staff
• Contain and control any unsportsmanlike or unsatisfactory behavior
• Manage and oversee intramural sports operations on a nightly basis
• Ensure the safety and well-being of each – more... participant in the intramural sports program
• Present rules trainings for over 200 officials in flag football, basketball, softball, soccer, and volleyball
• Recruit and assist in hiring officials, scorekeepers, and supervisors
• Officiate flag football, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, and other minor competitions – less
Good place to work!
Teaching Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2014
USF health research is a productive place with a lot of ways to enhance your learning. Working while being a student is the norm and pay is comparable to other institutions.
Easy job
Proctor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: n/a
Every exam that a professor has in the semester you must attend and help administer the exams while making sure no is cheating on their exams. I would work with other students who had already taken the class.
Great Place to Work
Graduate Assistant-Financial Aid Department (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: parking
USF is an outstanding employer. My supervisors are wonderful human beings and they empower me to complete my tasks. I love my coworkers and I love what I do. The most difficult part of my job is leaving.
anonymous (Current Employee), anonymousMarch 6, 2014
Pros: winter break, tuition assistance
Awesome benefits and winter break. Low stress. Many job opportunities available. Benefits and leave time offset underwhelming pay.
Very good learning place
RESEARCH/TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2014
- Good pay and Benefits
- Good place to work
- Good work environment
No one listened to ideas
Adventure Trip Leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: staff and benifits
Looking back makes me appreciate the real world of business outside of USF.
Growing research university
Export Control Officer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Research the culture at USF before accepting a position there. They do great research there, but the culture was not a good fit in my department. Great co-workers and facilities, but I would not return to employment at USF.
productive fun work environment
Research Assistant- electrophysiology (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Fast-paced and engaging