University of South Florida Employee Reviews in United States

Share with the students
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2016
As teacher assistant of the control course and laboratory I have the opportunity to share the students some of the experience acquired during my professional life. I like always to make a relation about what we learn and how could be applied in the industry.
Pros
Share with many people
Cons
Much time consuming
Stressful work enviroment with little to no leeway
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2016
The Principal Investigator was very demanding on the individuals that were producing good data and expected there to be little to no problems. There were individuals that have been working there for a long time and did very little work. Often times they did not present any data and on top of that were not pressured as much. He also expected us to work weekends (without overtime) to produce data. I was the most junior researcher in the lab and, due to my good work was given my own project. As time progressed I was given more and more responsibilities and was given no reciprocity aside from the occasional "good work!".
working at USF
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2016
i clock in and go to the staff break room and check the schedule to see where im going to be working that night. i go to the floor where im going to be working and take out all the equipment i will be needing to compete my task
Good learning enviornment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2016
I have had great mentors, and working with great people. This is a nice way to get out of the class room and get goo hands on experience with the guidance of people that have more experience in the field.
fun and productive
Essential Sports Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2016
the typical work day included me working with young kids, teaching them the basic fundamentals of sports and team work. i learned the skill set of being a young mentor and a leader amongst the kids.
Horrible
Sound and Light Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Minimum wage, terrible bosses, no oppotunity for advancement, no training, promotion from outside rather than within. Worst job I've ever had. And it's boring. There's often nothing to do. I'm applying for jobs and writing this review while working right now.
Pros
on campus
Cons
As listed above
Every department is different in the way the staff is treated
Fiscal & Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2016
I am a current employee and i know my work but I do not have backup in the event I am vacation or sick. I have to work relentless to get caught upon returning from my absence. Promoting from within is not always practiced.
Wonderful organization but I am relocating to NYC
Pros
Annual Raises depends on State budget
Cons
Dental Insurance not the best
Senior Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Enjoyed working for Purchasing Services Associate Director and the staff. Opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Salary a lttle low compared to market
It was a great experience.
Electrical Engineering and Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2016
I simply enjoyed working for USF. I enjoyed the students and the university as a whole. The culture was awesome. I certainly wasn't there for the pay, but I enjoyed each day I would go to work.
Pros
They work around your academic schedule. Amazing place.
Cons
Not the best pay rate.
fun and productive place to work at
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 31, 2015
Awesome place to work and go to school. A typical day at work is high paced, assisting student in person and via telephone.
Pros
free lunches, public speaking, critical thinking, leadership

Want to know more about University of South Florida?

Ask a question
again? this is ridiculous.
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2015
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten, eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty.
Good
Data Engineer/QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2015
Fun place to work and study with supportive management. Decent amount of politics and it is expected every where. Work is exciting and challenging
Pros
Work Life balance, Compensation and Management
Great learning environment with friendly teammates.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2015
As the project manager I had a great time working with the City of Oldsmar; and all of the utilities and well drilling companies. The team was very excited to win FWRC and enjoyed the experience of WEFTEC at Chicago. The whole project was a learning experience, as this was the first time I held the responsibility of manager. The teachers were very helpful, as well as the team.
Pros
flexible work hours
Opportunity is what you make it.
marketing specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2015
Only employed for one year; the position was entry level and enabled me to apply what I learned from coursework. The pay and benefits were adequate for the work required.
Very satisfying atmosphere
Scientific Researcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work. Multicultural interactions with investigators of various scientific backgrounds. Good colaboration between TGH, USF and Morsani Center on Campus.
a great place to work
Program Assistant for Graduate Admissions (Former Employee) –  tampa flOctober 5, 2015
I learned a lot working for USF. What i loved the most is interacting and assisting the students. There was a lot of room for advancement. It was a stress free environment and the management was excellent.
Pros
working environment
Cons
i dont have one
Secluted work day
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be, going in at 8:30am getting my cart ready and stocked up with supplies I may need to get my day started. Start walking down the hallways of the school towards the first side of the buildings bathrooms where I did my janitorial work, (example: change toilet papers, refill napkins, refill soap dispenser, clean mirrors, toilets, stalls, and floors, throwing out trash). There were 14 bathrooms total I had to get in order and clean at least 3x's a day, plus labs, offices, and classrooms.
The most enjoyable part of my day, would be cleaning the windows outside of the building as well as inside, and maintaining it leaf free outside. That gave me some time to breath in the fresh air (instead of chemical fumes) and enjoy the florida sun.
Pros
20 MINUTES FROM MY HOME
Cons
ABSOLUTELY NO HOUR FLEXABILITY
You gotta love Florida
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2015
Great place to come for Grad School. I've heard people in Oregon or Michigan have faced depression issues due to lack of sunlight. It wont happen here!
Low Compensation for High Level in Quantity work product
Visiting Instructor, Department of English (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Instructors are now primarily adjuncts with low pay, no benefits and no job security; high quality and quantity of work expected for low reward and no job security and no advancement opportunities.
Pros
excellent working environment and support staff
Cons
heavy workload with low compensation
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2015
Great School. Awesome students who really get involved in organizations, and faculty that promote success. A typical day in class included assignments geared towards the utmost professionalism.

4.2