University of South Florida Employee Reviews

Excellent
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2017
It has been excellent working as a teaching assistant for University of South Florida. The hours are flexible, and the work has been rewarding. I am planning to be a TA for the remainder of my time as a graduate student.
Fun environment to work in
Student Assistant/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I had the opportunity to learn so many things from the managers and co-workers. First started working as a programmer and was exposed to many different things in the IT department.
Great environment
Adjunct Instructor/ Practicum Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Wonderful, professional work environment. Advancement based on qualifications. Flexible work opportunities for working mothers.
Interactive and engaging online teaching
Spanish Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2017
I have been very blessed to be an Online Spanish 1 TA. USF really looks out for their graduate students and provides many employment opportunities. Spanish online allows us to learn about new materials, engage with students through CANVAS and learn about programs like VHL and WILEY.
The professors are caring and truly extend themselves to ensure the students are taken care of. Teaching online has given me the opportunity to apply the skills I have in teaching as well as Spanish language.
Pros
paid tuition waiver, flexible hours for online teaching, stipend, caring staff, apply what I learn in class to teaching
Productive and Fun place to work, surrounded by the most brilliant minds @ University of South Florida
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2017
As a graduate assistant, much of the work is done online. Schedule 6 - 8 hours week for office time and the remaining can be spent in the comfort of your home.

A lot of grading work and problem-solving tasks.
Students can sometimes bring forth strangest of doubts and might need more than a simple logical answer for convincing.
Pros
Tuition Waiver, Free access to abundance of knowledge and resources, World Class recreation
Cons
Time management skills are tested time and again
Great place to work for flexibility
Parking Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Working in Parking Services was a great experience. At times, you would get tired of being outdoors due to the weather but besides that, a very enjoyable experience.
Pros
Free concerts, basketball games
Cons
Working in the rain
Great Institution...
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2017
The management is friendly and cooperative. I'm empowered as an employee and have flexible hours. I have learned a lot from trial and error scenarios
NTMS Student
Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Had to teach online courses and lab courses while completing school work. Also needed another job to make ends meet. Good deal for going to school and getting insurance at the same time
Pros
Cheap schooling, paycheck
Cons
Students
Learning daily
Gross Anatomy Lab Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work varies from teaching gross anatomy to students to helping students with dissection to performing dissections to cleaning the lab. Workplace culture is laid back yet appropriate and respectable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to learn daily.
Meaningful work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 27, 2017
It was incredibly rewarding to be able to help students that came in seeking to improve their overall writing abilities. It was an extremely encouraging environment.
A good learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2017
I learnt a lot while working here. Since I moved from India, I didn't have the work culture exposure of the States. Found out to be pretty chilled. Co-workers were helpful in all aspects. A very smart and fun manager. Hardest part of the job was to learn the hand on experience of micro controllers and power supply board. But as time passed I excelled in those devices.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
health care, parking
USF Health is an excellent career opportunity workplace
Senior leader (Current Employee) –  USF Health AVP Health Law and ComplianceJanuary 24, 2017
The executive leadership and academic environment, combined with the benefits of a state employee is very rewarding personally and professionally
Campus is right on the water so is a lovely campus.
Admission/Registration Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I like working with students and helping them resolve their issues. Eating lunch by the water was a very nice perk.
Pros
Could eat lunch by the water.
Cons
A few students could be diffcult to work with.
Working at USF is not what it claims to be by any means
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Would not recommend USF for a career. The environment does not recognize the ideas of it's staff. Based upon my personal experience, I would not advise anyone to work for that institution.
Pros
Nice benfits
Cons
Highly political
Temporary opportunity through Workforce
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2017
The position was initiated through Workforce. Workforce initially paid my salary. It gave me an opportunity to see how I fit into the environment and also gave the employer the ability to see my skills and how I could benefit the organization. The company offered me a permanent position when Workforce no longer responsible for my salary.
Pros
It was nice to be given a chance to show my skill set to the employer.
Cons
Workforce only paid $12/hour without benefits. The company laid off staff, due to needs of the business.
Fun place to work at and excellent coworkers
Engineering Management Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2017
My typical day at work is about 2-3 hours a day. It is generally about discussing the problems that the masters students face in the class. then we go ahead and discuss how to resolve the issue. I used to help them with the subject work if they had any issues.
Athletic training Intern for Football team
Athletic Training/ Sports Medicine Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Typical data including getting to work very early, occasionally before 5 am for training camps. Prior to practice interns were to set up practice facilities, during practice interns were to keep operations in order and check on players and reporting any possible injuries. After practices interns were in charge of dismantling all practice facilites.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Days with no breaks, long work days, low compensation
Fun place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I have got the Graduate Assistant position when I still studying in University of South Florida.
The position was under Marketing Department hence got the opportunity with this side of university.
Great place to work, but the compensation for student employees is rather low.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Great place to work, but the compensation for student employees is rather low. They are very flexible with hours and scheduling because education comes first.
Relaxed place to work
Reception/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 22, 2016
This was a great place for me to work as an undergraduate. I was able to gain insight into the daily life of professors and advisers and what it is like to work in a university setting. In general, the environment was relaxed as I was checking in students for their appointments, setting up rooms for meetings, and helping students find their way through campus. When I first started at this job my main duty was to scan their documents and save them into their database.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2