University of South Florida

University of South Florida Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2014
Working as a student assistant on campus allowed me the opportunity to work with professors at the School of Aging Studies. These professors are all very knowledgeable on healthcare practices and routes. My goal is to graduate nursing school with a Masters and fortunately most of the professors I worked with had Doctorates degrees and provide me with all of the insight I need on how to write perfect statements for grad school. The most enjoyable part of the job was that my job work and school work balanced out perfectly. Whenever there was down time, I was always able to do my schoolwork there in the office.
really good research
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2014
good research institute. Good proffessors in the Dept of Chemistry. Learnt a lot from them
Good place to work.
RESEARCH SCIENTIST (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2014
Good place to work. Learnt many experimental techniques. Acquired significant skills.
Enjoyable experience
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2014
I managed,mentored and taught about 84 students in Organic chemistry labs.It was a challenge to manage students but it was nice to teach ans you learn more in the process.
Great People with obstacles
Senior Instructional & Marketing Designer (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 12, 2014
USFSP is part of the larger USF system and thus suffers as it tries to grow and expand. It finds many hurdles with funding or the accessibility to grow and become more autonomous. Which trickles down to effect individual segments.
Highly sophisticated yet easy going learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2014
My main responsibility is to pursue my master's thesis. I have learnt a lot here. A typical day usually involves carrying out experiments, reading research papers and writing thesis.
Productive work place
Tutor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2014
Pros: gain more understanding of courses i have taken, when i tutor them
Cons: few hours
It is an excellent work environment. Tutoring is a good place for whoever want to be an instructor.
Fun and productive
Executive Director (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free stuff almost every day
Working for these people did not feel like a job and that is the amazing part. We did so much trying to put all these events on campus but enjoyed everything about it. The people who supervise and the co-workers were the best people I could have ever met. Definitely made me feel at home.
Innovative Learning Environment
Patent & Intellectual Property Paralegal (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: conducting research for worthy causes
Cons: limited support staff
An average day included drafting documents or the legal filing of patent and intellectual property applications. Consultations with clients, research and notarizations. Co-workers were friendly and congenial.

The hardest part of the job was drafting intricate contracts and agreements. However the most enjoyable aspect of the job was securing patents for meaningful medical inventions.
securitywork like helping people
Security Officer (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLSeptember 8, 2014
no thanks, do not like to give review of company I work, met good people
Great pelaring experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), tampa FLSeptember 7, 2014
Great learing experience, Great team to work with. Flexibel schedule
EH&S Assistant Director (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2014
Good place to work. Great opportunities. Not much to complain about.
A place to be an easy teacher.
English for Academic Purposes Senior Instructor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2014
Pros: nice technology, some interesting people, many cultures
Cons: lack of profesionalism, particularly in the administration, the director is a person with a doctorate in agriculture.
I worked at INTO USF and it is language institute where pulling strings is the best way to get somewhere. Being a good teacher and asking students to do their work is the way to get in trouble. You have to please students since they are the ones who run the place. There are many students from Arab countries and they are not interested in learning but rather having some time away from their countries. Students in the undergraduate programs are the worst.
The institute is ALWAYS changing and it is hard to work under so many things happening at the same time.
good part-time job experience
Finance Tutor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2014
Good part-time job experience. Also got a chance to enhance my own financial and accounting knowledge as well as advanced Excel skills.
Great place to work with great people.
Laboratory Supervisor/ Senior Biological Scientist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: working from grants is getting much harder.
The research world is getting very tough with the lack of Federal funding. For this reason coupled with our last PI leaving for Duke. I am left in a lurch, but USF has been trying to keep good research people around.
Good place to work.
Athletic Attendance Assistance (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
I only worked there for 3 months with a program that was temporary. I didnt get the chance to experience college employment to the fullest.
good place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
Good place to work at. Good work/life balance. Good research capabilities.
Great opportunity, productive
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2014
I am a BULL for life! Working at USF is like working in any athletic department. Your have to come in each day wanting to give 110%. The smiles on the fans faces, the excitement you see in the student athletes when they graduate...its makes it all worth it. It is like one big family.
Productive work place for career growth
Web Developer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2014
When we moved the new code production server, it was smooth and didn't face any difficulty. Overall it is nice working in a friendly nvironment.
Efficient and Diverse
DIVISION I STUDENT-ATHLETE (Current Employee), Tampa, FL.June 25, 2014
The University is a great university in which if you embrace diversity, you will find yourself learning new things everyday.

University of South Florida Salaries

Research Associate
$38,000 per year

University of South Florida Photos

Solar Window Prototype Media Event
(Picture taken of me by reporter from CNN)
MLK Bust