University of South Florida Employee Reviews in United States

again? this is ridiculous.
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2015
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten, eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty.
Good
Data Engineer/QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2015
Fun place to work and study with supportive management. Decent amount of politics and it is expected every where. Work is exciting and challenging
Pros
Work Life balance, Compensation and Management
Great learning environment with friendly teammates.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2015
As the project manager I had a great time working with the City of Oldsmar; and all of the utilities and well drilling companies. The team was very excited to win FWRC and enjoyed the experience of WEFTEC at Chicago. The whole project was a learning experience, as this was the first time I held the responsibility of manager. The teachers were very helpful, as well as the team.
Pros
flexible work hours
Opportunity is what you make it.
marketing specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2015
Only employed for one year; the position was entry level and enabled me to apply what I learned from coursework. The pay and benefits were adequate for the work required.
Very satisfying atmosphere
Scientific Researcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work. Multicultural interactions with investigators of various scientific backgrounds. Good colaboration between TGH, USF and Morsani Center on Campus.
a great place to work
Program Assistant for Graduate Admissions (Former Employee) –  tampa flOctober 5, 2015
I learned a lot working for USF. What i loved the most is interacting and assisting the students. There was a lot of room for advancement. It was a stress free environment and the management was excellent.
Pros
working environment
Cons
i dont have one
Secluted work day
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be, going in at 8:30am getting my cart ready and stocked up with supplies I may need to get my day started. Start walking down the hallways of the school towards the first side of the buildings bathrooms where I did my janitorial work, (example: change toilet papers, refill napkins, refill soap dispenser, clean mirrors, toilets, stalls, and floors, throwing out trash). There were 14 bathrooms total I had to get in order and clean at least 3x's a day, plus labs, offices, and classrooms.
The most enjoyable part of my day, would be cleaning the windows outside of the building as well as inside, and maintaining it leaf free outside. That gave me some time to breath in the fresh air (instead of chemical fumes) and enjoy the florida sun.
Pros
20 MINUTES FROM MY HOME
Cons
ABSOLUTELY NO HOUR FLEXABILITY
You gotta love Florida
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2015
Great place to come for Grad School. I've heard people in Oregon or Michigan have faced depression issues due to lack of sunlight. It wont happen here!
Low Compensation for High Level in Quantity work product
Visiting Instructor, Department of English (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Instructors are now primarily adjuncts with low pay, no benefits and no job security; high quality and quantity of work expected for low reward and no job security and no advancement opportunities.
Pros
excellent working environment and support staff
Cons
heavy workload with low compensation
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2015
Great School. Awesome students who really get involved in organizations, and faculty that promote success. A typical day in class included assignments geared towards the utmost professionalism.
Internship
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2015
Internship- Worked with people in my department to do research for graduate studies. Simple learning experience! Would work for them again!
Great work culture
Special Projects Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 6, 2015
Great place to work. Colleagues are collaborative.
I highly recommend this place of work.
I do not have anything else to add.
Good
Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2015
I was a graduate teaching assistant here and it has improved greatly over the years. I taught various courses with 24 students each and organized the lab lectures and exercises. It was a great experience overall.
Adjunct faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2015
I supervised undergraduate clinical experience in a residential psychiatric treatment center. I also taught an online class on the topic of HIV. Essentially, it was required to take two classes that involved writing a certain amount of words. There were many options for the undergraduate students throughout all disciplines at the university. This class was an elective.
Pros
I enjoyed correcting papers and assisting students in writing skills.
Cons
I would tell students what was needed and even then they did not follow the requirements.
Go bulls.
Career Services Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2015
Enough said. The best school in Florida, period. I have learned so much and will continue to donate time and money to this great educational establishment.
Fun workplace, poor management/direction
Senior Systems Administrator / Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2015
Easy environment with great people. The greater concern is if someone is looking to grow in this environment. Management is slow to move and it results in the loss of good staff.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Benefit reductions, Low Pay, Low Growth
Learning Experience was great
Data Analyst for an HIV (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2015
I learnt a lot from my experiences as a data analyst. We also worked as a team, which was really helpful to meet our goals and objectives
Of Course it is great
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, flJune 22, 2015
Of course USF is awesome!
They are great to work with and always have a home to consider yours if you attended the school. It is always refreshing walking or working on campus!
Very productive and enjoyable place to work
HR Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2015
Great company to work for with friendly and helpful staff. Benefits and hours are the best part of working for the university. Nice atmosphere and very accommodating.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive pay
Productive and cooperative environment, timely reviews to help you improve the work, guidance and good support when required
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2015
My job was to work as a tutor and mentor for INTO USF students and help them with understanding their classes. As a part of that I needed to be in the class along with the student and understand the classes. I later held group sessions and individual sessions to help the students with an questions with the class work or homework. As a part of my job I learnt to be a mentor, encourage the student with team work and help them understand the class. I learnt to pay attention to detail and learnt to understand what the students need and how I can help them to make them understand the class . The co-workers were very cooperative and we helped each other at various times like helping understand how to fill in reports, how to start with sessions, fill in time sheets etc. I enjoyed being with students and helping them successfully complete the class and get good grade. I enjoyed the moments when students came back to me to tell how our discussions helped them with the questions in the exam. The hardest part was sometimes to guess and fully be prepared with the questions the student may ask.
Pros
Flexible timings, Help and support for employees, Enjoying the simple things

4.2