University of Southern California

University of Southern California United States Employee Reviews

Great collaborative environment for Researchers
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Positive work ethics, collaborations between divisions and departments, great weather
Cons: Cost of Living, safety to some extent, you need to have a car
I have been a graduate student at USC Chemistry since Fall 2009. It is one of my best career decisions to join USC as I enjoyed working in a environment full of spirit, appreciation to innovative ideas and constant support from mentors and staffs
Extrodinary Experience
Football Strength and Conditioning Intern (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2015
Willing to assist with my progression as a coach and an individual. The athletes are top tier and willing to do whatever it takes to compete and win. the Facilities are amazing and all the employees are extremely helpful.
It will keep you young
Facility Director (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Salary and the living accommodations
Cons: Bad area, noisy and lots of parties on the street
A typical day at work consist of managing the facility,kitchen, chef, sous chef and ten staff members. Overseeing all repairs and maintenance is part of your daily routine.
I've learned to improve on my Excel, office and administration skills.
My co-workers were very professional and dedicated.
The hardest part of the job is to be rated by up to 300 bosses, which is also the most enjoyable part. You are never bored and always involved in some projects or events around the house.
wonderful job
Janitorial Maintenance (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: reasonable pay
Cons: hard work
I worked at USC for a long time and enjoyed everything from the people, compensation. I clean frat houses so the boys partied hard when I worked there. I worked hard to keep the frat houses clean for them.
Productive and best job I ever had!
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short lunch break
Answer telephones and direct callers to appropriate areas, excellent work place to work with physicians and staff. I learned to much about research in the department of neurology. The hardest part of my job was to keep and maintain accuracy on the patients' schedule, very complex schedule, but I enjoyed every minute of this job.
Very flexible and rewarding job
Research Lab Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Rewarding, Flexible
Cons: Not secure job
The biggest thing I have learned from this job is working together, team work. One brain is not enough to do the job, but put three brains together will find the way to do the job.
Student Athletes
Learning Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2015
I think this was a great opportunity to getting exposed to the sports industry. I very much enjoyed working with athletes and helping them to organize their academic and athletic schedules.
Nice place to work
Assist physicians (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2015
Very research oriented, I have learned in depth about various clinical research. Working in the University is a learning experience on a daily basis, working with people of diffirent cultures makes the atmosphere enjoyable.
Fun and friendly workplace with flexible schedules
Team Leader / Staff Member (Former Employee), Los AngelesMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Simple tasks, friendly supervisors, flexible shifts
Cons: Short breaks, limited room for advancement
I was able to choose my shifts as I saw fit and could work for full time in the summer. I had to monitor classrooms and respond to phone services as an ITS Assistant but had little else to learn besides how to provide basic hardware assistance such as power resets, replacing malfunctioning connection wires, and remote desktop assistance. It was still a relaxing workplace with friendly coworkers. There was little difficulty in performing these tasks and I do wish I could have advanced myself more there.
University of Southern California
Computer Consultant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great people to work with and my manager was awesome.
Cons: no advancement opportunities.
Work starts at 8:30am and I would check my queue for any priority tickets, I would address any issues from the previous day if any and would move on to assigned projects or tasks from my supervisors or Manager. I really appreciated the fact that our manager would let us work independently unless there were priority issues or instructions he wanted us to follow. I didn't like that there were no advancement opportunities in the department or that we would find out about some projects last minute from senior staff. My co-workers were great as we often shared knowledge and got along more as family than co-workers. I really enjoyed the people at USC and the opportunity and professional growth I received there, I'll miss it greatly.
Quality academic institution
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2015
Standard academic mix of work/life including all of the advantages and disadvantages of that for tenure-track faculty.
Perfect work/life balance, academic setting
Graduate Student Instructor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2015
Typical day at work involves grading students papers
Teaching them
Active involvement in class discussions
My co-workers include Professor Rahimi whom i assist in grading students
Most enjoyable part of the job is attending the class and listening to students experience
Great Leadership behind staff and patients.
Lead LVN- Oncology (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Dynamic leaders,strong team work. Positive energy and balance. Welfare of employees and opinions always attempting for better.Ritz Carlton attitude for the standards of patient care and outcome.
#1 Doctorate of Physcal Therapy program in the nation
Coordinator of Clinical Education (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits and being off during major holidays and weekends
Cons: limited assistance with the placement of students
Placed students at hospitals and clinical sites as part of their internship and educational expectations, negotiated agreements between the school and clinical sites, acted as the liaison between an external database programing team and the Division to develop a database for the tracking of clinical education placements, contract management, student requirement fulfillment and Clinical site management. The hardest part of my job was convincing clinical sites to accept students at their sites. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for a top notch university.
WONDERFUL UNIVERSITY TO WORK AT
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: welcomed, staff was amazing
Cons: temporary assignment through an agency
Operated a multi- line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directed callers to appropriate personnel.
Retrieved messages from voice mail and forwarded to appropriate personnel.
Took and delivered messages or transferred calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
Created and printed fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
Performed other duties such as filing, photocopying and collating.
Flexible
MAT Application Reviewer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2015
The job has been flexible with timing and application processing. There are periods that require more time but administration helps with re-assigning applications.
A good place to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Smart people around
Relative relaxing working environment
Decent pay
Good place to study and work
Neighborhood is not safe
Great environment to work and learn.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2015
In this job capacity I interacted with various departments on campus and outside studios providing information of upcoming events and studies regarding media content. I was responsible for correspondence and mail projects, follow up phone calls and my supervisors calendar. Administrative duties were appreciated and the work environment was a pleasure to be a part of.
Great learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
A typical day working at the University of Southern California consisted of assisting cashiers by facilitating the front of the house procedures; helping out customers and making sure everything was productive throughout the shift. Co-workers consisted mainly of older individuals, yet are very willing to learn new things. Management, however lacks the proper training at times.
great place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary
USC has a great working atmosphere, great benefits and a great overall campus vibe. I love working with the students and the faculty as well.

1 2 3 4 5