University of Southern California Employee Reviews

great place to be an hourly worker, worst place to be a salaried manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2017
Do not believe what your contract tells you. I ended up working double the hours I was promised. It is impossible to hold staff accountable because of the HR and Union system.
If you enjoy to work at a very corporate place that has no passion for hospitality or high standards (but likes to talk about it), that pays you below average salary for double average hours, this job is for you.
benefits
Cons
monster hours, low pay, poor culture
Large complex entity
Department Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2017
Large complex entity. Decentralized, departments works with self-dependence on services, overseen by divisions. Highly respected institution. This is my review.
productive place to work
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2017
grate place to work proactive and employees are good to work with very competitive place to work at, Over all grate benifits and al so they have lots of perks
Good Management
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2017
I receive an ipad to grade the assignments. It becomes very easy and convenient to do the grading .Management is superb. I get a lot to learn while assisting professor.
Overall great environmemt
Culinary Specialist, USC (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2017
Great experience. Highly recommend USC for employment. Wonderful team environment. Believe being better staffed would put less strain on other employees.
Pros
Chefs were always willing to teach and train.
Cons
Under staffed
a typical day atwork
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2017
I enjoy my job, customer service is our main goal,we are a very close knit department. , Our Goals are designed by the University, a typical day at work consist of a positive attitude,a team player, and most importantis Excellent Customer service
Pros
a great place to work
Cons
our pay is not the best, we are not competitve to other bus companies
Great Benefits and Cultured Environment.
Budget Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2017
USC is a very cultured place to work. A lot is expected from you but they also give a lot back as well. They take care of their employees in terms of great benefits.
good people at USC Facilities management services
Supervisor/Safety Manager/Vehicle Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2017
I would supervise employees, Call customers to confirm work orders and close work orders that were completed . I learned how the operations and maintenance field works in a university setting
Management would try to get us everything we needed to our jobs.
work place culture
a great place to work mostly good people Trojan Family'

hardest part of job was pressure of customers wanted their work done right away without any consideration for scheduling work on a first come first serve or emergency basis.
USC School of Social Work
Senior Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2017
The school exemplifies social work values not only in education but in practice with the faculty and staff. They provide areas for community involvement and professional development that allow for individuals to grow.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Tight Deadlines.
I loved working here, learned so much.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 8, 2017
I Certified loan applications and ensured overall compliance with Federal and State regulations, as well as institutional policies and procedures; ensured financial aid is appropriately disbursed to students; certified loan applications and completed basic verification processes.
The hardest part of my job was leaving because I relocated to another state. The most enjoyable was taking in and learning so much knowledge from management.
Customer service/cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2017
Usc treats their employees as a family
great benefits
room for advancement
they train in all areas
my experience with this company was a very pleasant one
Pros
daily meals for each shift
Cons
do not provide enough hours for their full time employees
having good time with professor and other TAs
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2017
Helping student is a very good experience. As students are from different countries and have different backgrounds, being able to guiding them through the course material makes me feel confident to work in a various culture workplace.
Helping the homeless
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work for.. I would recommend it to everyone. Long days but very rewarding .. Great pay and co worker. Managagement is to die for.
Pros
GREAT PAY
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Great Student Job
Integrated Document Delivery, Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Flexible hours, kind and laid-back workplace culture. Typical day involves re-shelving books and checking them in and out of the library database. Enjoyed working in the quiet libraries
Not Somewhere Id Recommend To Work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Just an all around bad environment to work in , definitely wouldn't recommend work here to anyone not looking to go back to school. Staff are very rude at times and so is management
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Attitudes, Staff, Cliques
student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Typical university life, flexible, overtime working, a lot of fun and activities. Learnt a lot, and enjoyed southern California weather and culture for several years
Great place for doctoral training
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Highly creative and supportive training environment for doctoral students. Provides a variety of career and professional training opportunities for both academic and industrial careers.
Good place to do research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2017
My research advisor, post-doc and I have weekly group meeting to summarize the work we've done in previous week and discuss what we shall complete and try in the following week. My advisor will give some general ideas and potential research directions, the post-doc will guide me in details if I meet difficulties during the research.I learned a lot of math, physics theories and coding skills. It's very nice to work here.
Good
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2017
A good school, actually. I love my school, and it provides lot of benefits for students, such as free lyon center, medical care, safety care and so on.
A professional environment, enjoyed working there.
Administrative Assistant [Temp Assignment] (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2017
It was an eye opening experience. My colleagues at work were the nicest. The professor, I heard was difficult to work with but, it was not the case for me. He was professional and wanted things to be done in a particular way.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No diversity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2