University of Southern California Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent institution with a great foresight
Directed Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2016
Excellent institution where working as a research assistant helped me learn a great deal of things. There is a constant learning process involved which is great for young professionals.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2016
In the Center for Neural Engineering Lab, the projects are very innovative; hence, a person is continuously learning.
Great program
Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2016
Great program, excellent management, superb co-workers, great benefits package and lots of growth opportunities within USC
Excellent University to work for. I could have stayed working there, however, I relocated and it was a very long commute for me.
Financial Services Department - Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2016
Excellent University to work for. Interfaced with students on a daily basis. Developed & maintained good customer relations with students and USC Associates. There was no dull moment in that campus. The most busiest or hardest part of the job was during the open enrollment, where every students come to our Department to make payments for their Tuition. The most enjoyable part of the job was do the best I can to help students in the midst of crucial moment.
Pros
Free lunches provided by the Manager only when busy.
Cons
Health care benefits, discount on any courses you take, free schooling for full time employee's kids after serving 15 years working in the University.
Fast-Paced and always interesting
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2016
Great Staff; work well as a group. Flexibility on how you can do your work. Upper Management could support staff better.
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits
Internship
Admissions Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2016
This position was just an internship. It was a great job that taught me great people skills. The campus at the University of Southern California is just a jovial place to be. Therefore, interacting with students, potential students, parent and staff only increased my people skills.
Great place to learn and get in touch with innovative things
Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2016
It's a great University. The teachers here are great too. I enjoyed the study atmosphere in USC very much. I highly recommend other students to apply to study here.
Fun place and great team work.
Kenneth Norris Cancer Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 1, 2016
A great company to work for, but the distance was extremely far.
The service, perks, and case management department is great for our customers.
to many people to go through to get anything done
Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2016
It is ok to work here. I have learned how important it is to value your employees and reward/discipline them accordingly.
good place to work
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2016
I had great people I worked with and we got to think outside the box on not only fun things to do with the staff in our division , but how we can make our team more efficient. Really enjoyed working there.
Good place to learn concepts
Safety Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2016
Typical day would be all work and no play. You get to interact a lot with people with all walks of life. Get to learn new things everyday. Work is challenging but fun.

Management is not that great.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Management is not good
Usc
USC MSW Student (Current Employee) –  southern californiaMarch 15, 2016
USC has an awesome online MSW program. the best thing I like about the MSW program is that they will hook you up with and internship when the time comes.
Great folks to work with, very challenging project
Senior Director, Enterprise Systems Implementation (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2016
USC was a great place to work. I was fortunate to have a great team. The down side was we took on too many projects in a short time frame (4 years). I was asked to lead project teams to successfully move the University's finance (GL, accounts payable and accounts receivable) payroll, HR, time accounting and their research administration systems from their 20 year old legacy systems to new state of the art systems.

A typical day was 12 to 15 hours for me staying on top of the project budgets and plans and preparing status updates for the executive steering committees for the major projects.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the teams focused on their objectives and isolating them from the internal politics.

The most enjoyable part of the job was celebrating our successes and working with the dedicated staff.
Pros
Support from the senior executives
Cons
Too much to do and not enough time in the day to get it all done
Amazing place to work
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2016
As a student web developer, there is a lot to learn and you can work and learn when it's an amazing place to work.
Working hours are very flexible and you can work anytime you want.
People here are always ready to help.
Hard Work
College Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2016
This position is not for the faint of heart. No two days are the same and being proactive and inventive are key pieces to being successful.
Lab Manager/ Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Keck School of MedicineMarch 7, 2016
I like working at the university of Southern California but its time for a change. The opportunities for advancement are nonexistent .
Good Learning experiece
Student Developer | Course Producer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2016
Full Stack developer and Research Assistant for the project ’Fuppy’ at USC. Involved in designing and building advanced applications using Android. http://fuppy.org/
good
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2016
good college to study.
Interesting courses and interesting professors. Some are more "I'm brilliant so they gave me this teaching job" rather than "I'm a great teacher who also happens to be brilliant".
Best left Unsaid
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2016
The work environment at USC is best for employees who are happy with minimal to no advancement, and where nepotism and glad-handing rein supreme. This is not a desirable place to work in anymore under those conditions.
Academic politics get in the way
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2016
I had a student position on campus and worked part time. Schedules were always flexible and the people were great to work with. However, there were way too many politics with academia that hampered the job significantly.

4.2