University of Southern California Employee Reviews

A nice research institute
Research Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2015
USC is a nice university with pretty good benefits to employees. You can learn a lot from work in research-related abilities.
Fun environment where your best is better than the year before
Research Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: collaboration
Cons: graduating and moving from such a wonderful place
In the Ph.D program, the hours were extremely flexible. I would come in at 4 AM sometimes and leave at 8 PM and other days, I would come in at 9 AM and leave whenever my work was done. We could work from home when doing collection of data while having complete access to our boss/mentor. It is a very independent environment where everyone has been given an assignment to which we would meet on the appointed day and discuss our progress. The work environment was very cheerful and upbeat. The most enjoyable part of the job was the cheerful and inviting environment.
fun place to work.
Office of the Registrar (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2015
Fun place to go to work at. I had many roles and it was fun. Great place to work. Fun place to go to work at. I had many roles and it was fun. Great place to work.
Fun Job
Transportation Services Interim (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2015
Working at USC was very fun and also very hard management was awesome co workers were great at being a team hardest part of the job was balancing your work load most enjoyable was doing projects
Excellent work environment and benefits
Program Director (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2015
The university is very supportive to the students and the employees. The pay and benefits are remarkable, which is a great motivation for all employees at the university. The resources that the university provides for the employees and students are countless. The atmosphere is friendly and very positive.
Productive and Challenging
Operations Changeover Crewman (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Unique Events
Cons: Benefits
I love being challenged, this pushes my limits physically at times. I love it. The management here is the best I worked for the are professional and care about what you're getting out of this position.
An all too short contract
Technical Instructor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2015
I worked for the Viterbi School of Engineering, running their Fab Lab and made a home for myself in the academic environment I found there.

I have done this work for a very long time, and I provided an invaluable service for the students that I interacted with. USC makes a very comfortable place to work. The only complaint that I could make is that they restructured the lab in favor of a new consolidated building which is not completed yet.
Employment
Central Advancement Gifts Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2015
My typical day at work begins with assessing the overall Gift Sessions or Adjustments that have to be scanned. I occasionally have to do Posted or Exceptions for Bank of America that is in Laserfiche.

I have learned to prioritize and organize my work in the order of most important to least important.

The management team is very helpful in assisting with learning the everyday process of Gift Services.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to give my opinion on some things and being rewarded by it being used.
USC Student Publication
Design Director (Current Employee), Student UnionJune 9, 2015
the staff is really nice
really flexible working schedule
team work is very important
commission based
gather a team of responsible and talented designers to work for you is a great benefit
Great environment to work in
Honors Project (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2015
Great co-workers, I enjoyed working for Performance Venues. They allowed you to take on as many projects as you could handle.
Fun work place also can learn from it
Grader (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2015
Typically my work is to grade students' homework and exams. It is a good chance for me to relearn material related to my major. I have a partner who is really nice, I enjoy work with him pretty much. The hardest part of being a grader is to understand how each student think. Because it is very common one question they come up with different method. Also this hardest part is the most enjoyable part, because many of them come up with a really innovative way which are very impressive
Great and healthy work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2015
I loved working as an administrative assistant. My boss was great and I always felt like I was a part of a team and I had room to breath, even when the workload got intense. Forward thinking, positive environment with a lot of laughs that only made us more productive.
The Trojan Network is Real!
Finance and Billing Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great Opportunities
Cons: Politics
USC has a great corporate and team culture. The workforce is very driven and takes pride in work as a part of the overall USC brand. Management is very knowledgeable and always willing to assist and lead for the betterment of their workforce.

The hardest part of the job is perhaps the commute and sometimes getting through some of the bureaucracy.

The most enjoyable part of the job...THE TROJAN NETWORK AND PRIDE.
Great Hospital / Poor Job
Program Manager/Trainer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Hospital
Cons: Company / leadership /pay
The Medical School and Hospital are fantastic. Some of the best doctors work there. However the pay and leadership is poor
Company with Purpose
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free meals, benefits
Cons: Slow upward mobility if any. Policy will hold you down
Very procedure based. Very little room for variation and growth. A few traps are politically placed. Coworkers can be awesome or sneaky, looking for more ways to use the system in place to do even less work. Fairness is not huge there.
Nice place for work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 17, 2015
There's always a lot of challenging works in my lab, and you can work with the outstanding researchers from different countries. USC is a good place.
Meomorable five years
Graduate Research Assitant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2015
With a combination of great academic atmosphere and party-hard-work-hard lifestyle, USC is a nice place to work at. You get to meet all kinds of intelligent people of different origins and can have tons of opportunities to collaborate with people within and out of the university.
Great opportunity for physics researchers
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free access to MATlab
Communicated with Research Manager to forward personal skills and become a more perfect reasoning agent.

Learned of new perspectives through co-workers
Can be a good place to work...
Customer Support Manager, Business Operations (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: 7.5hr workdays, paid holiday schedule, events, students, people
Cons: politics, lack of communication, lack of change, events, charged for everything
There is a great reputation behind the school. There are a lot of wonderful people working here too. Although, the politics seem to be the same no matter where you go.
Facility is in transition
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee), Glendale CaliforniaMay 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: administration is till working out the transition with chllanges
Facility was like family before USC transition. Administration is trying to do their best to right the ship but have many challenges from the top to the bottom.