University of Southern California

University of Southern California Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Visiting Scholar (Former Employee), stem cell coreDecember 16, 2014
Productive and fun workplace It's very good to work there to learn lots of scientific stuff.
Provides tools needed for a well-balanced graduate level education
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros:
-Professors are kind and accomodating
-Administrative staff in the department (Chemistry) are helpful and quick to respond to inquiries
-Other graduate students are welcoming and promote an educational atmosphere via journal clubs, seminars, etc.

Cons:
-Departmental politics between faculty becomes distracting at times
-Teaching assignment responsibilities – more... are erratic and not well defined – less
Cerebrial Environment, Intelligent People, Moves at a Very Slow Pace
Senior Talent Mgmt Consultant / Exec Recruiter (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: working with very bright people, work life balance, 10% 401k company contribution
Cons: culture: a status quo type of environment, employeess not motived to go and beyond, everything moves at a slow pace, too many weekly, all hands - departmental meetings (4-5 hours weekly)
My coworkers like to take a long period of time in brainstorming, coming to a consensus, and developing action plans which is great but it is done so in an all hands forum, where a variety of departments attend (4-5 hours per week) wasting many individuals time listening to information not relevant to their job or work to be performed. It is not customer – more... service oriented type of environment across the organization. "By the book"/rules oriented. – less
Good place to learn new stuff
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2014
As a PhD, we work 8-10 hours a day. University has good facility to conduct cutting-edge research.
A cool place to work for
Program Analyst III (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2014
When I was there, the people were nice, the job was kool, it was a very nice energetic place to be in
Organized and encouraging place the work and study.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free afternoon tea.
I personally scheduled my office hour before the discussion session so that if the students have questions about previously learnt material, we can have the chance to discuss one-to one before jumping into new material. During the discussion session on Tuesday, I would quickly go over the theoretical concepts taught in the lecture by the in structor, – more... following by a sequence of explanation of example problems to demonstrate application and enhance students' understanding of the abstract theory. During the process, I would be checking if the students are following or having problems with any materials from time to time. Thursday discussion sessions is divided into two parts. The first 20 minutes would be devoted to answering questions that the students still have after Tuesday's discussion. During the rest of the class, students would be taking a quiz designed to testify their understanding of the week's material.

what I learned from the teaching experience with undergraduate students is that people with different background requires different techniques while introducing them to new concepts and ideas. Being a teaching assistant requires me to look at the material I am familiar with from the aspect of someone that sees it for the first time and utilize different tools to help students accept and understand the seemingly abstract and difficult concepts and definition of math before having any negative attitude toward it. And this is also the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the students excel, especially improve in exams following the techniques and tricks that I presented in class, which shows that they did follow in class and absorbed what I taught. – less
Excellent place to work for
Audio / Video Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2014
Love to work here. Great environment to work in and excellent benefits. Lots of opportunities for expansion.
Very Good Palce
Notetaker (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 30, 2014
Loved working and helping diffrent peoples in need. Truly enjoyed working at this palace.
USC
Grader (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 28, 2014
The on campus jobs in USC are highly unorganized. The primary reason for this is that there is no central portal where the students can apply for the jobs. Student workers are chosen randomly and their skill set does not matter at all! Even with thousands of international students joining every year, the university has a limited number of on campus – more... jobs that are open for international students. You will be lucky if you get a job under any Prof. Else you are doomed!! – less
Fun on camous job
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: short breaks
Improved my communication skills and taught me effective time management.
A typical University Setting. Very few/no perks.
Graduate Student/TA (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2014
University of Southern California is a typical university employer. There are few perks, if any. Flexible job. Not the best work place environment or help offered from administration.
Great learning environment
Residential Assistant (RA) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2014
• Led 64 USC freshmen residents as a primary contact to augment their personal, academic, and professional growth

• Budgeted $1,280 for student programming events both on and off campus across the academic year
Awesome summer job
Residential Advisor & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2014
Was a great experience for a college student from the midwest to work in one of the best universities in the country.
Awesome summer job
Great place to be
Course Producer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2014
I have flexible hours. I am currently working with students on helping develop their class projects and grade their assignments.
Great Job
Grader for VLSI System Design II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2014
It is a great job. The work is easy. Grade and help students with their labs and projects. Only 4 hours a week.
Productive, gained experience.
Research Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2014
My day in my work starts with design of experiments. Designing experiments and executing them is fun, love to explore things.
Like to work in team, Help my coworkers and graduate students if they need any thing.
A good place to study
Grader (Current Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 26, 2014
Pursuing my Masters and working as a grader here is a wonderful experience. I get to learn so much every single day.
DFT Realization (Verilog, TetraMax, PrimeTime) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2014
USC is a great university. From tremendous resources and faculty to the bright and diverse student body, from the partners with other schools throughout the world to the vibrant extracurricular activities at home. The Trojan experience is unrivaled.
Working with friendly people
Community Service Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2014
Would check in and start my work in my area in the university.

1 2 3 4 5