University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun place to work
Post Doctoral Fellowship (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch some times
Cons: Free healthcare system
Working with one the most amazing professor in this field. Learning a lot for other colleagues and educate them in the same time, very productive and fun place to work.
Being a graduate student is hard, but worth it
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Los AngelesAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Cutting edge research
Cons: Being a graduate student is a monastic and impoverished lifestyle.
Being a graduate student at USC is a difficult path. You are expected to produce original research, write papers, attend conferences and teach. The upside is the autonomy involved provides you with the opportunity to customize your experience.
Fun place to manage
Principle Manager (Former Employee), Los AngelesAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Able to learn daily
Avg day Managing, customer service, inventory, project management, recipe development, training, catering floor management,
Not a Job
Athlete (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2015
Was a student athlete at USC, this was not a job all though it felt like it was. had to make sure I kept up with my education and the clubs I participated in while still being an athlete and traveling. Was hard and really had to utilize time management skills. Important because it taught me to utilize time management skills better and develop more skills for being an athlete.
Great work environment. Excellent opportunities for growth
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: No cons.
I would recommend anyone who has the opportunity to work for USC. Great staff and management. Friendly, fun and caring work environment. Great to employees.
Improve Overall Personality
UVM structure UART and FIFO design (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2015
As a graduate student here, I have enjoyed inculcating most knowledge and technology aspect possible.
The professors are helpful and encourage students to ask doubts and gain more expertise.
Working with others
Material Handler (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2015
A typical day is delivering and processing packages. I've learned how to sort, process, deliver packages, use of postal service machinery. Management is always avaliable to ask questions and available to help in any areas of the dock. My co-workers are amazing to work with. I enjoy when we all work as a group and everyone shares a part of it. Dealing with the faculty and students of the University. We try to be a professional as possible. Seeing and having lunch with Alumni's and trustees of the University who come by just to visit makes it a enjoyable time and spending time with my co-workers also.
Great working community.
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Awesome environment within a close-knit community.
Cons: Management left something to be desired.
Assisted customer needs while managing the student workers on shift. Trained many new hires, and took part in the creation of a training manual.

Certain days of this position taught me what it was like to work in a high-volume, high-stress, high-pressure environment.
A nice research institute
Research Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2015
USC is a nice university with pretty good benefits to employees. You can learn a lot from work in research-related abilities.
Fun environment where your best is better than the year before
Research Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: collaboration
Cons: graduating and moving from such a wonderful place
In the Ph.D program, the hours were extremely flexible. I would come in at 4 AM sometimes and leave at 8 PM and other days, I would come in at 9 AM and leave whenever my work was done. We could work from home when doing collection of data while having complete access to our boss/mentor. It is a very independent environment where everyone has been given an assignment to which we would meet on the appointed day and discuss our progress. The work environment was very cheerful and upbeat. The most enjoyable part of the job was the cheerful and inviting environment.
fun place to work.
Office of the Registrar (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2015
Fun place to go to work at. I had many roles and it was fun. Great place to work. Fun place to go to work at. I had many roles and it was fun. Great place to work.
Fun Job
Transportation Services Interim (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2015
Working at USC was very fun and also very hard management was awesome co workers were great at being a team hardest part of the job was balancing your work load most enjoyable was doing projects
Excellent work environment and benefits
Program Director (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2015
The university is very supportive to the students and the employees. The pay and benefits are remarkable, which is a great motivation for all employees at the university. The resources that the university provides for the employees and students are countless. The atmosphere is friendly and very positive.
Productive and Challenging
Operations Changeover Crewman (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Unique Events
Cons: Benefits
I love being challenged, this pushes my limits physically at times. I love it. The management here is the best I worked for the are professional and care about what you're getting out of this position.
An all too short contract
Technical Instructor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2015
I worked for the Viterbi School of Engineering, running their Fab Lab and made a home for myself in the academic environment I found there.

I have done this work for a very long time, and I provided an invaluable service for the students that I interacted with. USC makes a very comfortable place to work. The only complaint that I could make is that they restructured the lab in favor of a new consolidated building which is not completed yet.
Employment
Central Advancement Gifts Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2015
My typical day at work begins with assessing the overall Gift Sessions or Adjustments that have to be scanned. I occasionally have to do Posted or Exceptions for Bank of America that is in Laserfiche.

I have learned to prioritize and organize my work in the order of most important to least important.

The management team is very helpful in assisting with learning the everyday process of Gift Services.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to give my opinion on some things and being rewarded by it being used.
USC Student Publication
Design Director (Current Employee), Student UnionJune 9, 2015
the staff is really nice
really flexible working schedule
team work is very important
commission based
gather a team of responsible and talented designers to work for you is a great benefit
Great environment to work in
Honors Project (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2015
Great co-workers, I enjoyed working for Performance Venues. They allowed you to take on as many projects as you could handle.
Fun work place also can learn from it
Grader (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2015
Typically my work is to grade students' homework and exams. It is a good chance for me to relearn material related to my major. I have a partner who is really nice, I enjoy work with him pretty much. The hardest part of being a grader is to understand how each student think. Because it is very common one question they come up with different method. Also this hardest part is the most enjoyable part, because many of them come up with a really innovative way which are very impressive
Great and healthy work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2015
I loved working as an administrative assistant. My boss was great and I always felt like I was a part of a team and I had room to breath, even when the workload got intense. Forward thinking, positive environment with a lot of laughs that only made us more productive.