University of Southern California

University of Southern California Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2016
Requires ability to mutli-task and interact with customers. I learned that attentive management will celebrate employs and applaud exceptional service. Hardest part of the job are duties that go beyond job description, but are required nonetheless in order to keep operations afloat.
Busy Workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2016
I was able to learn a lot of things while being a student assistant. I used to do administrative work, answer the phones, check in packages, sort mail, ensure the office looked presentable, ensure that conference rooms were put up daily. My coworkers were great and we all learned from each other.
Community Service Officer I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2016
I've been working for USC for over a decade and it has been a blessing to my family. Its a friendly work environment and its at a place that is really making a difference in people's lives.
Great opportunity to development new skills while attending USC
CTG/REACH Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2016
Loved working directly under faculty, and alongside my peers. The most enjoyable part of the job was visiting project sites and interacting with the community.
productive working enviornment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work for would be basically me assisting my boss on whatever it is she needed me to do, as far as making or receiving phones calls seeing if people wanted to subscribe to the schools' newspapers or buy tickets to the schools sports events, researching certain information on the computer, or simply being a delivery boy or messager.
Pros
full access to certain events, meeting certain establish people
Good working environment
Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2016
My day typically starts from 9 am to 6 or 7pm. Sometimes I work on weekends as well. I have learned a lot about immunology experiments and grant writing. My boss is really nice and encouraging. He is not a micromanager. My co-workers are nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job is to get experiments successfully done. The most enjoyable part is to learn and share.
Great Experience
Graduate Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2016
Learned a lot and loved working with my colleagues. The environment was great and working with the students is always a pleasure.
Multicultural and community oriented
Tech III/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2016
In research, there is no such a thing as a typical day, but I think that what enjoyed the most. USC is a place that provides a learning environment by presenting work currently been done at the University as well as bringing guests from other universities and companies to talk about their work. The speakers that come to present their research open a door to new ideas and new technology.
USC has programs to learn something and beneficial every Wednesdays that can be done in just five minutes.
There would be no hard part of a job if you enjoyed doing what you do.
I enjoyed working in creating the science of tomorrow.
Pros
Staff appreciation day
Cons
grate place to work and excellent benefits
Food Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2016
Fast paced enviroment with 3500+ customers a day to serve, focus on detail and customer service. satisfaction of happy customers at the end of shift makes all the hard work worth while. managment is great and understandig of employees personal isssues and always provides adequated support and guide in everyday tasks.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
low wages
Relaxed enviroment, made it easy to work without any distractions
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2016
Job was pretty easy, basic data entry. The only thing that was a pain was learning all the software that you needed. Relaxed environment, made it easy to work without any distractions.
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
Great Company to work for with amazing benefits and retirement
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 17, 2016
I love working at USC. Great benefits, PTO, vacation, sick time, school opportunities, union based. A lot of the workers have been there for YEARS, sometimes its hard to move up because no one wants to leave. The managers are good for the most part, you can expect micromanagement anywhere you go but if you show hard work and dedication it is highly likely to move up faster.
Hardest part is sometimes finding motivation and working well with your fellow co workers. The best part is that you will always get your breaks, free meals, discounts on amusement parks, free tuition, benefits, 401 k, and feeling apart of the Trojan Family.
Pros
Benefits, PTO, Retirement, Tuition
Cons
Slow to move up if you want to excel
Comfortable Environment With Friendly Staff
Associate (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMay 16, 2016
Working at the University of Southern California was a great experience. As an associate at Annenberg Press Center, I was responsible for managing a digital database for one of the schools primary academic journals. Supervisors and staff were supportive and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Flexbile
Cons
Slow Management
Very professional academic/research environment
Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  playa vistaMay 11, 2016
Excellent learning environment. Research driven work mainly for government that required at times long hours that were challenging, yet very rewarding.
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
government funded. Short contracts.
Most disorganized ESL program
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2016
1. Cannot get their scheduling system to work; students are given incorrect schedules; teachers are double-booked constantly; grades mysteriously get "wiped out" from the web app they provide; technology setup is appalling for the amount of money students pay
2. Expect to be switched around constantly and never really get a handle on any class and become better at it; you'll get blamed for not working on curriculum and also looked down on for asking for time to work on curriculum
3. They mask ridiculous amount of working hours under the "full time" title. Everyone who joins usually learns about it after their second semester.
4. No one supervises the director; therefore, she gets away with making wishy-washy decisions and constantly blames others for anything she miscommunication. How she is still allowed to work here is beyond me.
Pros
Most people are falsely impressed when they hear the name
Cons
The truth behind the brand is pretty awful.
Excellent institution with a great foresight
Directed Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2016
Excellent institution where working as a research assistant helped me learn a great deal of things. There is a constant learning process involved which is great for young professionals.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2016
In the Center for Neural Engineering Lab, the projects are very innovative; hence, a person is continuously learning.
Great program
Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2016
Great program, excellent management, superb co-workers, great benefits package and lots of growth opportunities within USC
Excellent University to work for. I could have stayed working there, however, I relocated and it was a very long commute for me.
Financial Services Department - Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2016
Excellent University to work for. Interfaced with students on a daily basis. Developed & maintained good customer relations with students and USC Associates. There was no dull moment in that campus. The most busiest or hardest part of the job was during the open enrollment, where every students come to our Department to make payments for their Tuition. The most enjoyable part of the job was do the best I can to help students in the midst of crucial moment.
Pros
Free lunches provided by the Manager only when busy.
Cons
Health care benefits, discount on any courses you take, free schooling for full time employee's kids after serving 15 years working in the University.
Fast-Paced and always interesting
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2016
Great Staff; work well as a group. Flexibility on how you can do your work. Upper Management could support staff better.
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits
Internship
Admissions Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2016
This position was just an internship. It was a great job that taught me great people skills. The campus at the University of Southern California is just a jovial place to be. Therefore, interacting with students, potential students, parent and staff only increased my people skills.

4.2