University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Student projects done only
Student Projects (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
Courses are challenging and intellectually stimulating. Tight deadlines are imposed and group projects are commonplace. However, be prepared to do a lot of research outside class to do projects
A great place to work
LEADERSHIP FELLOW (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
I've been a project employee, but I've found that the faculty and staff have been excellent. Their commitment to students is amazing. The work-life balance is stressed.
Fun and engaging
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2017
The environment is an academic and rigorous one, but it is also very lighthearted and playful. There are laughs and a lot of silly humor that comes from the intelligent and brilliant staff and faculty.
never work usc
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2017
management is bullyed, disrespectfull, unprofessional, no moral, discrimination, they never train staff and treat you so bad, benefits a year less than 1 percent but management maximum 10 percent
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2017
It was really great experience for me to work for USC, and I learnt a lot during that period of time, the most important ones is being a great team player.
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2017
Create charts, Heavy call volume, Register patients. Pt are the best especially when they compliment you. Hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone.
A Machine
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2017
The previous leadership cultivated a very warm and welcoming environment; it was a joyful place to work. The opportunity to create and connect with your work community was encouraged and supported.
Nice place with great stuff but beware of egoistic profs
Postdoctoral reseach associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2017
Everything about USC is great. But like any postdoc position it also depends on the people you work with and although many nice people are there, definitely USC is not lacking in number of good for nothing, egoistic profs. People who think are above all and they are visionary (whatever that means) and see the trend. Most of such professors' new publications have less than 100 citations, i.e., their research is useless/ irrelevant.
Presidential Guest Relations Graduate Assistant
Presidential Guest Relations Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2017
It is a great entry level job. I have learned so much. It taught me how to work with executive personal and to interact with trustees and VIP guests..
Usc
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2017
A solid place to work. The benefits are good. The people are dedicated to the mission. The brilliant students you are serving are motivation to wake up every morning and go to work. The location is terrible and you can expect to spend a lot of time commuting. Good luck moving up in your career from within.
Stressful environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2017
Laid back and professional faculty, easy to communicate with and always available. Friendly environment. Great staff and nice students. Would recommend to anyone.
great place to be an hourly worker, worst place to be a salaried manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2017
Do not believe what your contract tells you. I ended up working double the hours I was promised. It is impossible to hold staff accountable because of the HR and Union system.
If you enjoy to work at a very corporate place that has no passion for hospitality or high standards (but likes to talk about it), that pays you below average salary for double average hours, this job is for you.
benefits
Cons
monster hours, low pay, poor culture
Large complex entity
Department Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2017
Large complex entity. Decentralized, departments works with self-dependence on services, overseen by divisions. Highly respected institution. This is my review.
productive place to work
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2017
grate place to work proactive and employees are good to work with very competitive place to work at, Over all grate benifits and al so they have lots of perks
Good Management
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2017
I receive an ipad to grade the assignments. It becomes very easy and convenient to do the grading .Management is superb. I get a lot to learn while assisting professor.
Overall great environmemt
Culinary Specialist, USC (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2017
Great experience. Highly recommend USC for employment. Wonderful team environment. Believe being better staffed would put less strain on other employees.
Pros
Chefs were always willing to teach and train.
Cons
Under staffed
a typical day atwork
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2017
I enjoy my job, customer service is our main goal,we are a very close knit department. , Our Goals are designed by the University, a typical day at work consist of a positive attitude,a team player, and most importantis Excellent Customer service
Pros
a great place to work
Cons
our pay is not the best, we are not competitve to other bus companies
Great Benefits and Cultured Environment.
Budget Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2017
USC is a very cultured place to work. A lot is expected from you but they also give a lot back as well. They take care of their employees in terms of great benefits.
good people at USC Facilities management services
Supervisor/Safety Manager/Vehicle Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2017
I would supervise employees, Call customers to confirm work orders and close work orders that were completed . I learned how the operations and maintenance field works in a university setting
Management would try to get us everything we needed to our jobs.
work place culture
a great place to work mostly good people Trojan Family'

hardest part of job was pressure of customers wanted their work done right away without any consideration for scheduling work on a first come first serve or emergency basis.
USC School of Social Work
Senior Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2017
The school exemplifies social work values not only in education but in practice with the faculty and staff. They provide areas for community involvement and professional development that allow for individuals to grow.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Tight Deadlines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2