University of Southern California

University of Southern California Employer Reviews

University of Southern California
Computer Consultant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great people to work with and my manager was awesome.
Cons: no advancement opportunities.
Work starts at 8:30am and I would check my queue for any priority tickets, I would address any issues from the previous day if any and would move on to assigned projects or tasks from my supervisors or Manager. I really appreciated the fact that our manager would let us work independently unless there were priority issues or instructions he wanted us to follow. I didn't like that there were no advancement opportunities in the department or that we would find out about some projects last minute from senior staff. My co-workers were great as we often shared knowledge and got along more as family than co-workers. I really enjoyed the people at USC and the opportunity and professional growth I received there, I'll miss it greatly.
Quality academic institution
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2015
Standard academic mix of work/life including all of the advantages and disadvantages of that for tenure-track faculty.
Perfect work/life balance, academic setting
Graduate Student Instructor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2015
Typical day at work involves grading students papers
Teaching them
Active involvement in class discussions
My co-workers include Professor Rahimi whom i assist in grading students
Most enjoyable part of the job is attending the class and listening to students experience
Great Leadership behind staff and patients.
Lead LVN- Oncology (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Dynamic leaders,strong team work. Positive energy and balance. Welfare of employees and opinions always attempting for better.Ritz Carlton attitude for the standards of patient care and outcome.
#1 Doctorate of Physcal Therapy program in the nation
Coordinator of Clinical Education (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits and being off during major holidays and weekends
Cons: limited assistance with the placement of students
Placed students at hospitals and clinical sites as part of their internship and educational expectations, negotiated agreements between the school and clinical sites, acted as the liaison between an external database programing team and the Division to develop a database for the tracking of clinical education placements, contract management, student requirement fulfillment and Clinical site management. The hardest part of my job was convincing clinical sites to accept students at their sites. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for a top notch university.
WONDERFUL UNIVERSITY TO WORK AT
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: welcomed, staff was amazing
Cons: temporary assignment through an agency
Operated a multi- line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directed callers to appropriate personnel.
Retrieved messages from voice mail and forwarded to appropriate personnel.
Took and delivered messages or transferred calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
Created and printed fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
Performed other duties such as filing, photocopying and collating.
Flexible
MAT Application Reviewer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2015
The job has been flexible with timing and application processing. There are periods that require more time but administration helps with re-assigning applications.
A good place to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Smart people around
Relative relaxing working environment
Decent pay
Good place to study and work
Neighborhood is not safe
Great environment to work and learn.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2015
In this job capacity I interacted with various departments on campus and outside studios providing information of upcoming events and studies regarding media content. I was responsible for correspondence and mail projects, follow up phone calls and my supervisors calendar. Administrative duties were appreciated and the work environment was a pleasure to be a part of.
Great learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
A typical day working at the University of Southern California consisted of assisting cashiers by facilitating the front of the house procedures; helping out customers and making sure everything was productive throughout the shift. Co-workers consisted mainly of older individuals, yet are very willing to learn new things. Management, however lacks the proper training at times.
great place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary
USC has a great working atmosphere, great benefits and a great overall campus vibe. I love working with the students and the faculty as well.
Great organization with excellent benefits and perks.
Field Training Officer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: limited room for growth
In my department there is little room for upward mobility, which is why I am looking to change departments and have the opportunity to grow. Ideally, I would have liked to stay at USC, but I would like to explore other organizations and the opportunity to expand my skills.
Life of a grad student on par with expectations.
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2015
As a doctoral student life is as you might expect. Can oscillate between highs and lows depending on how the project is going.The work environment itself is more a reflection on the particular lab rather than USC as a whole. I have learnt a lot of valuable techniques and skills pertaining to my research and have some wonderful coworkers to share the load. Health benefits for students is satisfactory and stipend is comparable to other universities in California.
USC is a private school that helps to launch careers if you have the right connections.
Administrative Assistant II - USC ASC (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: many activities take place on the campus arena.
Cons: salaries/hourly wages don't match the corporate pay scale
There are many schools/departments within and outside of the campus that offer a variety of learning experiences. Most people work a regular 7.5 hour day schedule so it doesn't usually interfere with evening activities and hobbies.
A collaborative working experience in software development
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: work from anywhere, great experience
Cons: low salary, demanding
Enriching work experience using Visual Studio and VPN software consistently. Learned a lot about C#, Autodesk Revit, and Autohotkey (scripting language).
very good
Asian-Pacific Student Entrepreneurship Society (Current Employee), los angelesJanuary 27, 2015
this is a good and simple software, but i think it should ask me to give review after I understand it instead of required 30 words minimum review before I could start to use it. I do not have much to say at least now.
Great
Mentor of EE557 (Computer Systems Architecture) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I work with professor Michel Dubois last semester.
I worked as a mentor of his EE557 in USC. I really enjoyed share my experience with students and help them understand course materials in deep during office hour. Professor Michel Dubios is expert in computer architecture. I also learned a lot in parallel compute organization during this work period.
Great leadership experience! Very hard work, but it has been rewarding to advocate for students.
Vice President at Graduate Student Government (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: leadership skills
Cons: small staff
Working with similarly motivated graduate and professional students to improve the graduate student Trojan Family experience!

I have greatly enjoyed my time as Graduate Student Government Vice President, and I am honored to have worked with the group I worked with.

It is a time-consuming job, and it requires keen attention to detail and high-quality communication skills. However, the positive feedback from students who feel that they have truly been helped is amazing.
Fun and Flexible
Lead Software Engineer Contractor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2015
> Contractor worked on and off site.
> Worked closely with doctors and nurses.
The University of Southern California is a very prestigious organization.
Telecommunications Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: knowing that you made a difference.
A typical day is filled with meetings, action plans, monitoring of staff, troubleshooting, problem solving, reporting, updating, and making sure that all policies and procedures are understood and applied.

1 2 3 4 5